• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★☆ Square-Enix Fanclub ☆★

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
351550_900.png

★☆Square-Enix Fanclub☆★
Hello and welcome to the Square-Enix Fanclub! This is your go-to destination to discuss all things related to the games created by Japanese developer Square-Enix. This includes Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and The World Ends With You, just to name a few. Anything is fair game so long as you follow the rules but generally we discuss news, recently released games, or old favourites. Everyone is welcome so long as you're a fan.
Rules & Guidelines
There aren't a whole lot of rules because rules are boring. But please try to follow these so we can have fun discussions that stay on-topic.

★ USE SPOILER TAGS FOR NEWER GAMES
I know spoiler tags can be cumbersome and annoying so I'm not going to require them for every single game, but if a game came out in the last year, be courteous to your fellow club members and put it in a spoiler.
☆ WHEN TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT
It's okay to change the topic when everyone has answered the current discussion question or there haven't been any posts in a few days.
★ WHEN NOT TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT
If discussion is active and people are obviously still interested in the current topic, either ease into the new one (by participating in the current discussion and gently bringing up your own to see if people latch onto it) or wait for a better time. (You'll likely find that many of us are good at juggling multiple topics at once so don't be shy to bring up something else at the same time!)

...honestly, that's about it. I may add to this at any time if issues come up but previous clubs have always had great members so I don't expect any problems! ♥
How to Join
Joining is simple: all you have to do is jump right into the discussion and follow the rules. For now, I won't be keeping a member list because I'm horrible at updating them but if we can come up with a good way to display everyone besides a boring ol' alphabetical or chronological-by-join-date list, I'm all ears. (Seriously, let's brainstorm!)

If you're more comfortable filling out a new member form like most clubs have when you join, I've got you covered:

Name/Nickname: (how would you like us to refer to you?)
Square-Enix games/series I've played:
Favourite Square-Enix game:
Answer to the current topic:

Since membership is so lax here, I have to insist that when you sign up, you answer the current discussion in your first post! If it's not very active, think up a new discussion topic. If no one's said anything for a while when you want to join, you could tell us about your favourite S-E character, what you've played most recently, what you're looking forward to, or anything along those lines.

Current Topic: What was your first Square-Enix game?
...I probably won't keep this in the main post for long because topics can change so easily. Just needed something to start off with!

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Name/Nickname: Conan, Matthew, or Sora. Each one is fine.
Square-Enix games/series I've played: Kingdom Hearts Mostly. a Few FF games, and The World Ends with you
Favourite Square-Enix game: Kingdom Hearts of course.
Answer to the current topic: I forget which, FF7 or Kh1, the reason i remember my best friend introducing me to both. But I think FF7.

Cherrim

Years
<3 Welcome back!

Name/Nickname: Erica
Square-Enix games/series I've played: Kingdom Hearts (all), Final Fantasy (III, IV, VII, X, X-2, XII, XIII, XIII-2, Dissidia/012, Theatrhythm, Crisis Core, etc.), Dragon Warrior Monsters/Dragon Quest Monsters 3D, Chrono Trigger, The World Ends With You
Favourite Square-Enix game: Kingdom Hearts (Birth by Sleep specifically)

My first S-E game was Dragon Quest (Warrior, in English) Monsters, now that I think about it. It was kind of a Pokémon rip-off but still pretty great. First one that I actually knew was a Square(...-Enix) game when I played it was Kingdom Hearts and I kind of consider that my first one anyway since I generally prefer Square's IPs to Enix's. (DQM is the only Enix game I've ever been able to get into. D:) I rented a PS2 to play KH and then had to buy a memory card to save my data. Bought the game when it hit Greatest Hits and got a PS2 to actually play it later that year. The rest is history. n_n

Last edited:

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Name/Nickname: Call me Red, or Jay.
Square-Enix games/series I've played: All Kingdom Heart games, Dragon quest IV,V,VI, The World Ends with you
Favourite Square-Enix game: The World Ends with You . Awesome game. That "game" those...oh I forgot they're names lol. It's been a long time since I've played it...oh, that's right! Reapers, they made an interesting game and Neku rules.
Answer to the current topic: My first Square Enix game? That's Kingdom Hearts, the first one for PS2. It was awesome.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Name/Nickname: Call me Jim, its what everyone in the real world does.
Square-Enix games/series I've played: Final Fantasy 1, 2,6,10, and 12, Kingdom Hearts 1,2,RE:CoM,365/2 Days, Re:Coded, 3D(I has no PSP :C), Dragon Quest 4,5,6,8,9, TWEWY, FF Legend 1-3, Final Fantasy CC The crystal bearers, Crono Trigger and Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, FF: 4 Heroes of Light, FF Tactics A and A2, Theatrythm, FFXII:Revenant Wings, and finally DQ Joker and Joker 2. That's a lot of games, and if we were covering them before the split bar Final Fantasy the list would be longer cause of the Enix side as well :P
Favorite Game: Crystal Bearers, for reals. KH is my favorite series, but Crystal Bearers was such a fun experiment I'm kind of sad it can't go any farther with some sort of sequel or spiritual sequel. I loved traveling the world using my powers on animals or plants, and just throwing stuff around was a blast.
First Square Enix Game: Has to be Chrono Chross and Vagrant Story on the Playstation when I was 7 or so. I have no idea how the hell I managed that one, considering how RPGS have always been slow burners for me, and I wasn't that patient a child.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Name/Nickname: KriegStein, Krieg or a new nickname you make.
Square-Enix games/series I've played: Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Lord of Arcana, Dissidia/Duodecim, (Persona 3-4 cant remember is it s.e. or not) atleast these. (searching memory if I have played others)
Favourite Square-Enix game: Ehh... Too many. LOA is great but maybe Chrono Trigger takes the cake. or FF 4.
No actualy Dissidia/Duodecim
Answer to the current topic: First game was Final Fantasy IV (or II in the states) My friend introduced me to it and still to this day its my favourite FF game (pure rpg one atleast)

ソラ

Years
Name/Nickname: KriegStein, Krieg or a new nickname you make.
Square-Enix games/series I've played: Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Lord of Arcana, Dissidia/Duodecim, (Persona 3-4 cant remember is it s.e. or not) atleast these. (searching memory if I have played others)
Favourite Square-Enix game: Ehh... Too many. LOA is great but maybe Chrono Trigger takes the cake. or FF 4.
No actualy Dissidia/Duodecim
Answer to the current topic: First game was Final Fantasy IV (or II in the states) My friend introduced me to it and still to this day its my favourite FF game (pure rpg one atleast)

Persona 3 - 4 is not a SE game. Though in Europe SE was the publisher for Persona 4. But it's Atlus game. haha.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Name/Nickname: Aura
Square-Enix games/series I've played: Final Fantasy( I, II, V, VI, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII, XIII-2, and Crystal Chronicles), Kingdom Hearts(1, 2, Birth by Sleep, Re:Coded, and Dream Drop Distance), Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, and Dissidia: Final Fantasy(Duodecim as well).
Favourite Square-Enix game: That would have to be Final Fantasy IX for me.
Answer to the current topic: My first Square Enix game was Final Fantasy IX(when Squaresoft was still Squaresoft.).

Last edited:

Torrentblade

Bring on the flood.
Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2013
Name/nickname: call me (real world name=Rhys) or (nickname on some forums=haywire (long story).)
Square enix game/s I have played: dragon quest IX. Nothing else.
Favourite square Enix game: dragon quest IX (you knew I was gonna say that.)
And have guess for the main topic question, my answer is.... Dragon quest IX

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Ohhhhh I forgot to say that I've also played almost all Final Fantasy games. Oh silly me xD.

Btw, I wanted to say that my first SE game was Kingdom Hearts AND Final Fantasy V for GBA.

Cherrim

Years
Welcome everyone! We seem to have a pretty good spread of longtime fans and (relative) early birds. I think that's great. :D

Went in and made my played list more detailed since that seems to be the popular way to answer and I was lazy before. I'm glad to see the lists of a lot of you because now I can pester you all with "what should I play next" questions since a lot of the games on my "to play" list appear on your lists. 8D

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Welcome everyone! We seem to have a pretty good spread of longtime fans and (relative) early birds. I think that's great. :D

Went in and made my played list more detailed since that seems to be the popular way to answer and I was lazy before. I'm glad to see the lists of a lot of you because now I can pester you all with "what should I play next" questions since a lot of the games on my "to play" list appear on your lists. 8D

How well did you like The World Ends with You? I've been thinking about getting it but I'm not sure.

Cherrim

Years
How well did you like The World Ends with You? I've been thinking about getting it but I'm not sure.
It's one of my favourite games of all time. It's definitely worth checking out even if only because it's such a unique game... but the controls are really fun when you get the hang of them (on DS anyway--haven't played the iOS version), the story is great, the writing is hilarious, the characters are easy to get attached to, and it's just a very well-rounded game. I completely recommend checking it out. :D

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
It's one of my favourite games of all time. It's definitely worth checking out even if only because it's such a unique game... but the controls are really fun when you get the hang of them (on DS anyway--haven't played the iOS version), the story is great, the writing is hilarious, the characters are easy to get attached to, and it's just a very well-rounded game. I completely recommend checking it out. :D
Thanks, I'll probably get it soon.

ソラ

Years
Last edited:

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Any Kingdom Hearts Fans excited about this? http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/25/kingdom-hearts-hd-1-5-remix-coming-to-ps3-this-fall/

Finally after 11 years of fans who haven't imported Final Mix will get it this fall, as for Europe the same in Fall, AUS will get it Spring 2013. Sooo :) ENJOY! Europe will finally get Re:CoM for the first time as well!

OMG YAAAY. I'm soooo excited. Oh, and I hope they add easy mode cos my cousin really wants to play, but my Kingdom Hearts only has normal and hard difficulty, and believe me, he really sucks at this game. However I feel bad for him.

ソラ

Years
OMG YAAAY. I'm soooo excited. Oh, and I hope they add easy mode cos my cousin really wants to play, but my Kingdom Hearts only has normal and hard difficulty, and believe me, he really sucks at this game. However I feel bad for him.

Final Mix has Beginner, Standard and Proud. So im sure there will be Easy. xD

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
YES. <3 I'm barely active here anymore, so it's good to see that Lightning revived my old club. :)

Name/Nickname: Destiny Demon/DD
Square-Enix games/series I've played: Kingdom Hearts BBS, Days, Re:coded, DDD, a little Dissidia Final Fantasy & TWEWY
Favourite Square-Enix game: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Answer to the current topic: What was your first Square-Enix game? Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019

ソラ

Years
Awesome. I never was able to import Final Mix so this really makes me happy.

Also, Nomura Hinted for a KHHD2.5 too. So there is a good chance that Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix will be brought here too, which has a LOT of updates and added features to Kingdom Hearts II.

Back