• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
Years
well FR and LG is a lot easier than say RSE since you have the VS seeker.

battle the trainers on One Island for good training.

Also if your dragonair knows an electric move, there's a trainer on the route between Vermillion and Saffron with a Wartortle that is at lv 55 after a few VS seeker matches.

Years
You never really mentioned how far along in the game you are. I assume that you've already reached Cinnabar Island in order to get a Kabuto from the fossil. It would be easiest to have a really strong pokemon your team and make Kabuto and Dragonair hold Exp Share and fight the highest level pokemon in your area so that Kabuto and Dragonair can gain exp without fighting. The Sevii islands, Victory Road, Elite 4, and Cerulean Cave have some high level pokemon that can give high exp. You could also use the VS seeker as mentioned earlier, which could be a good way to earn some extra money. Getting a lucky egg and training traded pokemon is also very helpful if you're looking to level up quickly because they both increase exp earned.

Also don't forget about rare candies. If you're really lazy, you could also put your pokemon in a day care and walk around a lot to gradually let it earn exp. Since you're not worried about EV training, placing your pokemon in a day care and using rare candies would probably be the easiest way because you wouldn't have to worry about battles.

Black Omega Zero

Ware Wa Meshia Nari GHAHAHAHA!
Years
Listen to this: I tried to get a good IV Latios in pokemon Ruby twice, but to get a good nature and IVs, I traded another Latios from another game, to see its area in the pokedex when I got to the part where you read the news on TV, but it results that all the Latios have very low IVs... only HP changed everytime with the different Latios, and sometimes Atk, having a maximum of 7, but from Def to Spe, it keeps showing from 0 to 2 IVs... is there a better way to get a good IVd Latios, and knowing where to find it without trading it from other games? (I think that's the problem), NO CHEATING, NO EON TICKET (I don't have it...) for the case of my Sapphire version, or do I have to find it before trading from other version?

PokeMoon

Proud "Teh New Era" Member
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2009
Black Omega Zero. It only takes 3 minutes to catch a Latios.
After you beat the elite four, look at the TV downstairs in your house.
It will talk about seeing a Blue[ Or red in saphire] Pokemon fly through the Region, or something like that.
Next, go to lilycove city, and buy several repels.
Then, go to Mauville City, get the acro bike.
Then, teleport to slateport city. Get on your acro bike, use a repel
and jump in the grass [hold the b button - don't move around.]
If you don't find it, enter the bike path building, come back out, and try it again.
When you find it just toss a masterball at it. :]
A video of this can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcJvFli71Ew

PokeMoon

Proud "Teh New Era" Member
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2009
Your gonna have to keep trying, cheat, or choose another pokemon.
Sorry. :\

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2009
Ledgendary Dog Help Please

I'm this gets asked all the time but what do i need to have done to make them available? I have done Elite Four and have the National Dex, and i know only one is available (LeafGreen by the way). Do i also need to complete the Sevii Islands?

Also does anyone have any tips? I heard something about the bike lagging if the Dog is in the area? Help Please! Thanks!

Years
just run around a lot and have a lot of random battles in the grass, not caves or on water, and you will find them
also they are only found on the mainland of Kanto

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Go around the place, they'll appear randomly. Once one of the appears, check the Pokedex for their location.

Be wary, they do move if you fly or run into another route.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2009
Do i have to have completed the Sevii Island missions tho? Because i haven't and i can't find the Dog

Years
the way i like to find them is like this:
1. buy some max repels
2. go to the patch of grass east of celedon with a level 50 pokemon first and use the repel
3. dont walk, just turn around 20-30 times
4. if you dont see it, go into the gate and come out
repeat until you see it, it shouldnt take too long

Imagine.

Escaping Beyond Hope
Years
  • Age 27
  • GBR
  • Seen Oct 28, 2015
the way i like to find them is like this:
1. buy some max repels
2. go to the patch of grass east of celedon with a level 50 pokemon first and use the repel
3. dont walk, just turn around 20-30 times
4. if you dont see it, go into the gate and come out
repeat until you see it, it shouldnt take too long

Is this some kind of glitch? Just anxious to know ^_^.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
Years
No it's just a common belief that things appear more in certain areas, in truth it doesn't matter where you look, some players just like to try these things even though they know they don't work just because it somehow helps, like how people bash A and B when throwing a Pokeball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back