• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Congrats on the Electrike D_S. When I'm done with Gira I'll go for it when the swarm comes. I'll gladly race you for Mewtwo, but you better not win this time. Lunatone and Solrock you got lucky, this time it's mine. Then someday we can go for Onix.

Thanks DK and everyone for the congrats! Lol yeah I've been Sring for mewtwo for a few hours today, heh hope one of us can get it soon. Yeah lol I want to hunt onix again, but everytime I've hunted it I've run into another shiny I didn't really want (2 geodudes and a machop) so that's always deterred me. In D/P I planned on hunting steelix with magnet pull but I do kinda want to get onix first, and anyways the best place to hunt steelix is iron island I believe and I can't go back there till I do the cresselia event which I'm saving for when I decide to hunt it shiny.

Anyways been also Sring for spiritomb, no luck yet though once I thought it was shiny but I just looked at the ds screen at a wrong angle. Hope you can find your Diamond Fufu! Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Chain for Mareep or Mime Jr.

I STILL CAN'T FIND IT, GRAHHH

Mime is in Diamond and Mareep is 12%.. D:
Try hatching something? Or complete pokedex to soft reset for a starter in Emerald.. GRAHHH to that. I can't decide. Dun lose your pretty Diamond now. I'll cry with you.

Congrats on the Electrike, D_S. Aww my friend caught a few for me and they rock. Evolve it please; I think black is even cooler. ^_^

Dawn, don't be that hasty with shinies... Sometimes it takes a few hours, sometimes a year, trust me. Good luck though. Maybe get some pictures later?

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Dawnfanboy, please address my post on Page 524.

Well, I've gotten a Ditto with Perfect IV's in speed so thats one out of six so far, just about to check the IV's of a new batch I just caught.

Congrats to Dragon Tamer and good luck to everyone else

EDIT: Just got another one with 31 IV's in speed .__.
EDIT2: Got one with 31 IV's in HP, which is apparently the hardest to get :]
EDITtheThird: 31 IV's in defense with another Ditto, looks like I may be able to go after Hippopotas sooner than I thought.

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Yami: Good luck with breeding for a "perfect" Hippopotas, but be aware that it is statistically harder to pass down HP and Defense through breeding. When it comes to catching Pokemon, the chance for there to be a flawless IV is equal for all stats.

Soft resetting for Piplup as I do some homework. I've begun getting interested in chaining for Slowpoke for a shiny Slowbro, but seeing as how Slack Off is an egg move (I think), I may just chain Slowbro for a shiny Slowking.

That is, if I ever get this shiny starter.

Edit: Looks like Slack Off is actually a level up move. Rejoice.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Ahh i knew it was one of the two, and of course HP and Defense are essential to a Hippowdon, thats just grand XD. Well its something to keep me "entertained" at least, having one turn out shiny would be a mere bonus, though i would prefer the Male version.

Have fun everyone.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
Thanks DK and everyone for the congrats! Lol yeah I've been Sring for mewtwo for a few hours today, heh hope one of us can get it soon. Yeah lol I want to hunt onix again, but everytime I've hunted it I've run into another shiny I didn't really want (2 geodudes and a machop) so that's always deterred me. In D/P I planned on hunting steelix with magnet pull but I do kinda want to get onix first, and anyways the best place to hunt steelix is iron island I believe and I can't go back there till I do the cresselia event which I'm saving for when I decide to hunt it shiny.

Are you sure you can't go to Iron Island. I don't think it's mandatory, You do have the option to go there.

hawkraven

Dialga Used Shiny Roar Of Time
Years
Pausing Shiny RegiRock SRing for the moment, damn exams are comin in 1 week and I haven't much prepared XD
Anyway, I will be back 1 to 2 weeks later, so cya and good luck!

EDIT: FINALLY 15 POSTS!!!
I'll be able to post pics
Heres my Venomoth -.- its a little large...
Image050.jpg

Luxury Ball Failed -.-
Caught in 2nd attempt Quick Ball
First Stat Page
Second Stat Page
THE STATSS

Last edited:

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Congrats on the Electrike, D_S. Aww my friend caught a few for me and they rock. Evolve it please; I think black is even cooler. ^_^

Heh yep I'm definitely going to evolve it. I like manectric's colors alot.

Yami: Good luck with breeding for a "perfect" Hippopotas, but be aware that it is statistically harder to pass down HP and Defense through breeding. When it comes to catching Pokemon, the chance for there to be a flawless IV is equal for all stats.

Soft resetting for Piplup as I do some homework. I've begun getting interested in chaining for Slowpoke for a shiny Slowbro, but seeing as how Slack Off is an egg move (I think), I may just chain Slowbro for a shiny Slowking.

That is, if I ever get this shiny starter.

Edit: Looks like Slack Off is actually a level up move. Rejoice.

Good luck with slowpoke and hope you find your diamond.

Are you sure you can't go to Iron Island. I don't think it's mandatory, You do have the option to go there.

I'm pretty sure you can't. I tried and the guy just takes you to cresselia's island. I think I have to release cresselia and then I'll be able to go back to iron island (I never picked up my riolu egg either lol)

Anyways I spent yesterday night sring for spiritomb but I fell asleep and didn't get as much as I wanted done. Gonna push on today. Also will go for mewtwo (must race DK!) Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

mathioks

owner of the lonestar's gym
Years
hi guys i think i am gonna evolve my magnemite into magnezone and my electrike is evolved in manetric:D but still no shiny rayquaza:sleeping: and maybe i will go for shiny mewtwo too a,d good luck to everyone in shiny hunting:D

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
@hawkraven: Congrats on Venomoth. I have 2 of those already. :D

@Fufu: Good luck with your Slowpoke. I love my shiny Slowbro. He managed to out-stall and destroy a Blissey of all things. w00t 4 t3h Slowbroz0rz!

As for me, Shiny Eevee is destined to become a Glaceon, since his Speed is too low to make him a Jolteon. Also I've decided to take a break from hunting shinies for a while to focus on my studies and some other projects. Maybe start a new comic series. But when I get back into it, my next target will be Dratini. Another revenge shiny to join my Staraptor.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
First of all, congratulations for:
Jake: Congratulations on the Wooper!
Tha Pkmn Prodigy, now Chaos~Order: Congratulations on the Mudkip!
~Fufu3000~: Congratulations on the Smeargle!
Dark Steelix Lv X: Congratulations on the Electrike!
Dragon Tamer Ed: Congratulations on the Eevee! If I had a Shiny
Eevee, and if it was a girl, I would evelove it into a Glaceon in a heartbeat! 8D
Dawnfanboy: Congratulations on all those pokemon, even though I've never seen such luck. The only time I had massive luck was when I caught my Shiny Nidoran (M) in the Safari Zone before it decided to jolt, but I traded it away.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon: Well, the same thing happened to me with Ralts... I chained 56, then it broke for no apparent reason... But I know you'll get one! Good luck!!

TwilightBlade: Good luck on your hunts as well, whatever you decide to look for!!

Well, I recently got Jump Ultimate Stars this weekend, which is why I haven't been on, and why I have done zero Shiny Hunting as well... I know, I'm ashamed... but I will check my Swarms later to see if anything that I might like shows up, if not, I will continue to be on Shiny Hunting Hiatus... man this game is so fun!! XD Well, good luck to all on your hunts, and as for me, I shall return to the J-Galaxy!! *Teleports*

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
Hey, can I join?
Right now I only have 4 shinies.
A Shinx, Absol, Lickitug and a Kirlia which was originally a Ralts.
I'm hunting Gastlies right now. :P

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Hawkraven: Lovely Venomoth. ^^ Good luck on your exams. Dun fail like me and hunt for shinies. :o

Shadow Chaos: Sorry I stole your babeh Nidoran.. I love them so much. My chain broke at 9 by a Bidoof. I can't ever get my own Nidoran. DDD< So I gave up on that and my swarm today too.. -.-

Dragon Tamer Ed: Congrats on the Eevee. I would make it an Umbreon or Vaporeon, but Glaceon is a nice color too. ^.^

Yami Zidane: Good luck on the breeding. Lawl, it would be cool if you got a shiny one in the process. Before I knew of the gender differences, I thought the one I had was shiny. XD I seem to have no problem passing down HP/Def though...

Fufu: Did you ever find your game? Did the gnomes have it? Get me a Latias. I'll get you a fudge sundae. D;

Gibbo: Sure but a co-owner needs to verify you. And nice collection. When/how did you catch them? ^^

Good luck to everyone on your hunts. I'll be in my dark corner.. Contemplating about my next victim. 8D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
Gibbo: Sure but a co-owner needs to verify you. And nice collection. When/how did you catch them? ^^
Thanks, they were all pokeradar ones.
In my old FR game I had a shiny Arcanine which was so lucky, I loved that thing, too bad my sister lost the cart so I can't transfer it.
And I just evolved my Kirlia into a Gallade. :D

Last edited:

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
WOOOOO!!!!

BEHOLD:

DVC00258-1.jpg

10 Days, 40+ hours, and 7800+ SRs. Today at 2PM I finally saw the purple grimace of the evil spirit that I was after. I sent out bronzong and used hypnosis on it. Then damaged it with Gyro ball until it was at yellow HP below 1/3rd. It woke up so I used Hypnosis again. I threw a Premier Ball, and on the first attempt it was caught! Caught shiny #41. Nicknamed it Gravestone. Took a bunch of pics:
Premier toss!
Shining Index
Lucky elastic band!
Shiny Spiritomb Pwns
Wow Sync worked! Modest!!
Stats...on an ANGLE!!!

Checked its IV averages on Serebii:
Spiritomb female lv25
HP 17
Att 29
Def 25
SpA 21
SpD 5
Spd 11

Lol really good attack x__x should've went with a physical attacking nature xD Oh well its SpA is still decent as are most of its other stats barring SpD ouch. I'm really quite surprised that my Modest Gardevoir upfront actually worked lol. Would've gone for a defensive MS but Pain Split is an egg move :/ So I'm gonna go with a CM or nasty plot MS most likely. Wooo lol That's one more ghost for my shiny ghost collection. I've got all SRable ghost types now :) I only need Misdreavus and sableye to have all ghost types. Would've posted this sooner but my sister was online x__x Heh well now I'm gonna be EV training electrike and Spiritomb. Then I'm gonna beat the stark mountain event with that Buck guy and asemble a decent team to make it all the way up to Heatran so SR for it. All the while I'll also be playing my Pearl and see if I can make it to Palkia, but I'm progressing slowly :p I'm also still SRing for mewtwo in LG and smeargle hunting in emerald. I'm pretty sure Dk will beat me to Mewtwo xD Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Back