• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RPs And RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Me and Jolteon are having an arguement about this

in this convo

=.Dilapidated Way.= says:
An RP has no plot
Unlike an RPG

The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:
so you can't make them contend

Blaze says:
no
Yes
Blaze says:
RP has a plot
Not mostly all the time
Then how come
=.Blaze says:
then how come at pc WE RP and we follow a plot
I read this RPG rules thing and it said they dont always have a plot? XP
Dilapidated Way.= says:
Because they are probably RPGs oo;

oh nm
you dont understand XD
Blaze says:
You don't RP
Blaze says:
I do
So?
I used to RP ages ago
Blaze says:
The rules of the RP forums. If these rules are not met, the RP will be closed.

1) No plot, No RP. Simple as this, if you do not have a good enough plot to work off of, you have to get one, and we will lock your RP untill you get one. It doesn't need to be great. If anything, it just needs to be an explanation of the setting, and possible things that could occur.
I used to have an RP
Back in July-August time
Blaze says:
Read http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=39522
And there was no plot to it
No
I dont think i need to read the darn frikkin rules >.<;
Ive been at PC for a year and almost a month darnit
><

can somebody help with this argument

Kurosaki

Well, what you refer to them is a personal preference really. They both basically mean the same thing, one just has a G tagged on the end. The both require plots, and if not a plot, at least a basic idea of what's going on, since RPers need to know what they're doing, XD
As you notice, I use RP as that's the way I've learned it here at PC. RagingDragon calls it RPG, because thats the way she learned it at SPPf. Get where I'm coming from? And besides, does it matter, as long as we have fun? XD

Years
Thanks alot yukito I do get where your coming from and I will tell jolty when he gets back on Msn

Years
XDDD, aww man, I saw this and I just thought, OMG!

XD, yeah, as Dai explained, they both have a Plot, you see:

RP= Roleplay
RPG=Role Play Game

Both the same, not at all different except for the 'G' on the end of RPG. XD

They are refered to as RP's here at PC, and If I'm not mistaken, there is a Rule thread here and they are refered to as RPG back at SPPF...and whaddya know! They have rules there too, XD

*Goes of giggling*

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2007
In my humble opinion:

RP=Roleplay (Online)
RPG=Roleplaying Game (Offline (D&D))

I dunno what you guys think, but my introduction to RP was on Neopets of all places. And my first rp was a dragon rp ^^ I can remember just about all the deatails of it, too! *Runs off laughing madly*

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
RP/RPGs aren't really the same. o.o;

RP is roleplay, either a verb or a noun, to indicate that one is roleplaying. RPG, however, originates from the game that involves RPing, which somehow moved to a level of forum roleplaying. You realize video games aren't categorized as 'RPs,' but 'RPGs.'

Some people basically think of it as, when you roleplay, you basically take the role of someone, and that's about it, whereas a game usually involves a plot.

I have no idea how people began to classify RP and RPGs to their own preference, but it's alright at the end. ^^

Xhaiden

Cosplayer of Doom
Years
RP: Story between groups of people
RPG: A game such as Final Fantasy in which there is a story.

Both have plots and are very entertaining. To not have a plot would make it as pointless as RolePlaying on Neopets. I just thought I would show my support, sorry for the repeatingness....

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Well, I might be repeating someone else here, but the way I see it:

RP: A story created by a group of people getting together and improvising based on a setting and general plot created by RP master. Everyone gets to contribute to developing the story in the direction they want although the RP master holds a 'Veto' right. Only the most inexperienced RP masters abuse this right though...

RPG: A game with a set-in-stone plot in which the player is forced down a pre-determined path decided by the creators of a game, although smaller decisions are usually allowed. The story has already been written and you are simply reviewing it without actually contributing any of your own.

Both forms are enjoyable in my opinion. RPing allows greater personal freedom and leaves room for creativity whereas an RPG gives you a ready-to-go story to enjoy without having to worry about inventing a plot.

Years
Actually...RP and RPG both mean the same thing ^ ^; XD...RP is just a shortened term for RPG...though some people do prefere to think of RP and RPG as two different things, like Kagome and Alter Ego have said.

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
Yes, Role-Play, and Role-Playing Game are the same exact thing except one has game taped on the end.

People coined the term "RP" because it's a written RPG, but then you could say it was a RPG nonetheless.'

On the other hand, you can use "RP" to describe a RPG as well. There's really no differences, they're all "games". The only difference is there is a "G" on one and not the other. So therefore, RP is short hand for RPG.

So go away you n00bs. You're making my head hurt...

All points of view have been expressed. Now this should be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back