• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[TehTehTehTeh's] XSE Basic/Medium tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2010
oh,I hope u find out the medium and the advanced script so I can learn more

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
when i type this
givepokemon 25 5 0
xse gives me this error message
Error 13 Type mismatch on line 16 missing define or parameter
@maximum911: You missed some parameters, namely the fillers, check command help, this should help:

givepokemon 25 5 0 0 0 0

try ;)

@KAWAII'SwhatWEaim4.: I'm not flaming, its called constructive criticism...ever heard of it??? As for the paying part, it shows "How much you care"

oh,I hope u find out the medium and the advanced script so I can learn more

@Peridot: I don't really think there's hard scripts and medium scripts, it all depends on your understanding level.

Last edited:

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
Years
Sorry ahead of time for the off-topicness. I'm probably going to kill a kitten. =(
@KAWAII'SwhatWEaim4.: I'm not flaming, its called constructive criticism...ever heard of it??? As for the paying part, it shows "How much you care"
Somebody has a guilty conscience?? LOL. Just kidding. Actually, I don't think I was talking about you, or solely about you (Also, I used quotes because someone said "waste of space", where as I never said "How much you care")...??

Anywho, does anyone know if the movement commands are the same as in PokeScript? I've been looking for a list for ScriptED but I can't seem to find it.

Last edited:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Somebody has a guilty conscience?? LOL. Just kidding. Actually, I wasn't talking about you...

Anywho, does anyone know if the movement commands are the same as in PokeScript? I've been looking for a list for ScriptED but I can't seem to find it.

Ya here is a basic movements script, this will make your player go 1 step right while the other sprite at 0x0 sprite no. 0 will go two steps down

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @mover
lock
faceplayer
Message @timetomove
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER @moveplayer
waitmovement 0
applymovement 0x0 @movesprite1
waitmovement 0
release
end

#org @timetomove
= MOVE! TIME!

#org @moveplayer
#raw 0x34
#raw 0xFE

#org @movesprite1
#org 0x10
#org 0x10
#org 0xFE

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
As soon as I get to the first gym on my hack I solemnly swear that I will make a new tut on part 4, flags! hold tight everybody

Cheers.
Hockeypanda32

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
Years
Hey I was havin problems trying to setflags and vars.
I was trying to set a lot of them from the get go. Like set the Pokemon and Pokedex option in the menu, disable the old man. All that start stuff. Well When I compiled the script it made it into one variable at the end of the givepokemon command. It was a little while ago and since then I deleted too much data in the rom and it stopped functioning and I don't have the script saved. But it compiled all the setvars into the givepokemon command sorta like
givepokemon 0x19 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x1A567
And then the script didn't work lol. I'll be workin on it again later, but yeh why would it do this?

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Hey I was havin problems trying to setflags and vars.
I was trying to set a lot of them from the get go. Like set the Pokemon and Pokedex option in the menu, disable the old man. All that start stuff. Well When I compiled the script it made it into one variable at the end of the givepokemon command. It was a little while ago and since then I deleted too much data in the rom and it stopped functioning and I don't have the script saved. But it compiled all the setvars into the givepokemon command sorta like
givepokemon 0x19 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x1A567
And then the script didn't work lol. I'll be workin on it again later, but yeh why would it do this?

What was your original givepokemon command? Also try it without the 0x like

givepokemon 19 5 0 0 0 0

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Hey, I finally made a yes/no script now.
Haven't been trying to script in a while.
What would a give item script look like?

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Hey, I finally made a yes/no script now.
Haven't been trying to script in a while.
What would a give item script look like?

A basic one would look like this, just incorporate a givepokemon event into the script where you want it to be.

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @givepokemon
lock
faceplayer
Message @give
boxset 6
givepokemon 1 5 0 0 0 0
release
end

@org @give
= Here is a Bulbasaur

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Um, I said give ITEM..........................

~EDIT~
Wouldn't the running shoes be a special?
How would I make a script to give a player the running shoes, and then not give the player the running shoes again?

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Um, I said give ITEM..........................

~EDIT~
Wouldn't the running shoes be a special?
How would I make a script to give a player the running shoes, and then not give the player the running shoes again?

What game are you editing? Ruby, Firered, specials differ in each game

They are flags

Firered:
Code:
setflag 0x82F
Ruby:
Code:
setflag 0x860

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Sry it's Fire Red.
What would a script look like that gives the player running shoes, and when u obtain them, u talk to the same person again and they don't give them to u again?

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Sry it's Fire Red.
What would a script look like that gives the player running shoes, and when u obtain them, u talk to the same person again and they don't give them to u again?

Well that would be a simple setflag and check it, you would set the running shoes flag and check for it. I put the flags up on the last post to

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014
Flags are simple. You use a flag originally unset. When you check the flag the first time (unset, value is 0) you go to the give running shoes script.. in that script, you set the flag (value is 1). Next time you talk to the person, the flag is checked, but because its now set, another script is called..

While we're talking about flags and specials, I've a question..
Lets say in emerald, you receive the national dex.. its special 0x16f.. Does flag 0x16f get set when you receive the dex?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back