• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of having a dating sim version of Pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2013
I've made the mistake of posting it in the new users forum and I was told to post it here instead.

I just joined this community to express my ideas and, obviously, I love dating sims (otome games to be specific) and visual novels. I would love to hear people's feedback on this and, if it goes well, I might considering on posting what the story is about as an idea. Feel free to add your suggestions too :)

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
There's a line for things like this and linking them with a game like Pokemon. I thought having Yancy (or her male counterpart) in the game and the interaction with her was kinda weird, but a full blown dating sim? I mean, how would it even work, except with humans?

Maybe I haven't seen enough dating sims (I've only seen one aha) but wouldn't it be strange having something like that in.. Pokemon?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That does sound a bit strange imo. Dating Sims don't really...seem like the type of thing that belongs in a Pokemon game of any kind. New stuff can work out great and all, but this just...doesn't sound that good honestly. :/

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Hmmm, I'm not sure how a Pokemon dating sim would work. All the characters are spread out whereas with dating sims, most characters live/work/go to school in a very close proximity. So unless you make a bunch of OCs or somehow stick them all in the same place I can't see it working. Though I wouldn't really know too much about how it all works as I've only tried out one (Love Plus on DS, yes har har har). Just my two cents.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
As "interesting" as the thought may be I'd have to say no on the whole humans dating Pokemon bit. Even by my standards that's weird.

Years
That does sound a bit strange imo. Dating Sims don't really...seem like the type of thing that belongs in a Pokemon game of any kind. New stuff can work out great and all, but this just...doesn't sound that good honestly. :/
Not only that, but it also sounds creepy.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Sounds exactly like the kind of thing Pokesho would jump on top of, if they haven't already. Like, the top 10-15 females (who are all underage, mind), all with a breast augmentation, and Gardevoir because why not?

Watch, it's gonna happen. Fans'll find a way to do anything, I just ride the wave.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
If one hasn't been made I don't see why not... Especially if you got a Nidoqueen in there...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
If such a game exists, then chances are, it'll only be a cast of Pokemon rather than human characters, since the latter aren't the main focus of the series.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Dating sims don't really interest me and I don't care for them one bit so with that I'll say no. But also because it's just something that doesn't fit with a game like Pokemon. For one , I don't imagine anyone really wanting to date a Pokemon cause that's just too weird. And two ,while you in a away go on a date with Yancy/Curtis , it's just a side quest and not a full game. It would just seem stranger if it were a full game.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
If such a game exists, then chances are, it'll only be a cast of Pokemon rather than human characters, since the latter aren't the main focus of the series.

*shrugs* I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Wait. I don't even know what everyone's talking about anymore. Was this if an official dating sim were made? What? This is Nintendo and Game Freak, not Konami. Plus, I think GF would rather focus on the humans just for sanity's sake. The other idea isn't exactly child friendly, unless it's in the PMD universe, and even I'd cringe at that idea (unless played it entirely for laughs).

But for fan games? The sky's the limit on that one.

Also, why did everyone assume the Pokemon? I don't think the OP said anything about the monsters specifically.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
What do I think of this? I think everyone who thinks this is a good idea, needs to get an ACTUAL IRL date.

Back