• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nicknamed Pokemon

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Nicknames are such fun! Hehe, I was Wondertrading some Breedjects, and I got an Alakazam named "2 Scoops?" I lol'd. I still have him, he's pretty decent and the name is just LOL

Mrgrimm86

Gyarados_tamer
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 6, 2015
I name my pokemon after favorite anime characters, or greek gods, some of my dragons are actually named after MTG legendary dragons.

Mrgrimm86

Gyarados_tamer
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 6, 2015
I have a shiny Shinx on Diamond named Minato, a noivern named Crosis, my Charizard is Darigaaz, some pretty epic names. Lol

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
Years
Sometimes I don't mind. Kind of annoying if it's a cringey name on a 'mon though, eg. I wouldn't want a MLP/generic anime/edgy name (eg. xXShadowLordXx) /overall annoying name on my main Pokémon. Kind of wish GF would let us change traded Pokémon's nicknames at max happiness, but unfortunately I don't think that'll ever happen.

Silvergrass

Silvergrass
Years
I'm a Nuzlocker, so often I nickname everything I catch by habit, it's rare for me to not nickname a Pokemon. Whenever I get a traded Pokemon with a nickname I just change it with the Name-rater and give it a better one.

Cakesu

Hyrule's Saviour
Years
I personally don't mind receiving nicknamed Pokemon so long as they do not have mean nicks.

I got a handful of Pokemon with mean nicknames from Wonder Trade (and the GTS, occasionally), and I couldn't help but feel bad for the poor virtual thing.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I'm not most creative one when it comes to giving nicknames, so the nicknamed ones are kept for self use. lol

I don't mind receiving any nicknamed ones as long as they aren't bizarre or mean.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
I tend to nickname my best Pokémon, and have spent hours on end before coming up with a suitable name for them. Usually, it ends up being tied with a history I've had with them, or the role I plan on them being.

One of my favorites, for example, was Royal Pain, a Latios that I still have.

One that I spent a month breeding out of scratch is Warhammer, the Azumarill.

Years
I generally tend to not like nicknamed trade pokemon and i generally don't use them, however it sure gets me down whenever i receive a pokemon with a ridicolous name, such as an Hawlucha named " Nacho Libre " and a Wailord named " U Mama "

Rantiki

Champion of SEN Children
Years
Hawlucha named " Nacho Libre "...Ooops I actually think that's a cool name, my first thought when I saw that pokemon was "Oh a Mexican Wrestler!". Sorry it's my age and sense of humor.

However that does bring me to my question and hopefully someone can answer it. because myself and Hubby play all versions of the games we get access to all the pokemons. We have spoken about buying an AR cartridge to "A" back up our games and "B" clone

Eventually we would like to be able to "give" copies of our Lengendaries and game specific pokemon to people however I wondered are these more useful "non nickmanmed" and "not touched"

Latios/Latias the red one, I used only minimally, not nicknamed and Kyogre I didn't nickname and stuck him straight in the box.

Eventually I would like to help other members when I have stuff, however I want to make the pokemon I get easier for them to work with.

Thank you for any feedback or help in advance!

Sarah

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 5, 2017
If it's a cute, creative nickname I don't mind so much. If it's stupid, then yes, I do. Also, I prefer to train pokemon on my own, especially if I want them to be a major part of my team. I know it sounds silly, but it really does feel like you've got a 'bond' when you train it, even if its traded. If I get trades with levels 70+, they're pretty much only used as trophies, or to defeat the pokemon league yet again.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I just got a lv 1 Magby named TitDuck, so yeah. it certainly made me not trade it away, but if anyone wants it, you're welcome to it :D

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
I dislike it when I get bad ones and don't mind the japanese names much but when i get something like a pikachu named after a swear word I am a little angry. Not that I will really be using it.

ZoroStar

★ The True Star of Illusion ★
Years
I generally tend to nickname members of my team when it comes to the metagame,
even giving them a theme to go by (most of the time it's Daedric deities from the Elder Scrolls series), but honestly?
Other than that, I wouldn't much care for it.
I'm the type of player who will keep any Pokémon in the box as long as I had no duplicates,
but I would prefer if they didn't have a nickname like "PantyShot" or that of the like.
I want a clean set to complete the PokéDex with.

Years
There is only two pokemon I will nickname and that would be Gyarados (always called GOD) and Lucario (always called King) but back on pokemon firered when I caught my first Pikachu I did call it Thor also The Flash if i planned on evolving it

Back