• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
jirachi01 said:
yesterday i caught a shiny tentacool... it evolved in a shiny tentacruel....just today i saw a shiny hariyama..... it used whirlwind at me....
Two shinys in less than 24 hours, i dont think so, its almost impossible that two shinys would pop up in such a short amount of time. Remember, we don't mind how long it takes to get a shiny as long as you actually look for them! you don't need to lie to us to impress us, were not shallow ^_^

No real news from me, am now trying to hatch a Omanyte with a modest Nature and Swift Swim ability while training up Breloom (Level 74) should take a while but hopefully a shiny will show itself while im training =D

Fl0W:HHGURU

Used to be pokEMOn UseR =]
Years
I want a shiny meganium, i have a basic one from colleseum on gamecube and hatched one egg for my pokedex but i dont know weater i can be bothered to breed it. No new news for me part from ive restarted lg for a char

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
No luck with the hunt. still thinking about what johto starter to pick. Anyway i just got a Msn messenger acount Pm me if you want to get it. good luck everyone. i just saw a shiny larvitar on this boys firered version while out shooping oh if only i took my gameboy then a shiny tyranitar would be mine!. c'ya good luck with the hunt and all that.

Years
Mighty_Mightyena99 said:
You found 2 shinies in 2 days?! That is very unbelievable...
He claims to have found (1) the world's most common shiny and (2) a fleeing shiny. Seeing as a fleeing shiny isn't to one's advantage, I see no reason why he'd lie about it. Let's not jump the gun too quickly.

feraligatr master said:
No luck with the hunt. still thinking about what johto starter to pick. Anyway i just got a Msn messenger acount Pm me if you want to get it. good luck everyone. i just saw a shiny larvitar on this boys firered version while out shooping oh if only i took my gameboy then a shiny tyranitar would be mine!. c'ya good luck with the hunt and all that.
Cyndaquil. Chiko's mine. =P You're saying this kid owned a shiny Larvitar? Why would he be so willing to give it up?

Come to think of it, Pokérus is almost three times rarer than a shiny, so if I can manage to find some Pokémon players I can make contact with, I could probably convince them to trade shinies for Pokérus. I'm so evil... ;)

I'm in Oldale on my new Emerald. I want to blow through this game quickly this time. I also need to fill in the holes in my BoxDex so I can get 199 in my Emerald Hoenn Dex very easily. Give me Zangoose!

Last edited:

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
He was just showing it off in a battle i possibly may have being able to trade my shiney dusclops for it as he was talking about how cool it looked in red oh how dumb i am :D anyway cyndaquil it is then or possibly another totodile muhahaha im so evil sometimes anyway if i lived near you metal mario id tradfe you zongosse for a zigzagoon as i just steel them from my brothers ruby version,sadly i live in the UK and never leave my house unless its to go spend some of my money or hang out with my friends.

Anyway has anyone n the club got shiney scyther? good luck everyone.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
w00t people!
I am hunting as we speak. XP

Hell, ya can keep the PokéRus, I don´t like it. XD
Let´s think about it this way...
PokéRus is in ALL ways disavantageable for a Shiny Hunter. O.o
Come on, if ya have PokéRus, ya need less Pokémon to fully EV Train, and if that is so, then you will have less chances of some random Shiny EV Training Pokémon! ;_;
Because a Shiny Zubat would be really cool and such. XP I´ve got a Shiny Crobat in Gold, so I´d know. o.o

Well, like I was saying, hunting as we speak. Believe me, walking around and typing at the same type isn´t exactly easy. o.o
But I do it all the time. Oh, the joys of multitasking. >D

I´ll give ya my current egg hatch count estimate in a second...Lessee...
60 x 73 = 4380

Whoo, I´m nearing 5000. >D
Lessee if my patience will be enough if I have to go past the 8192 mark. X_X
It probably will. Something that can be done via multitasking NEVER gets boring! ^__^

Back to hunting then!
*Pop goes the weasel!*

~*Ru*~

FalseEDIT: Nope, no Shiny Scyther here. ._.

Years
Runasutaru said:
PokéRus is in ALL ways disavantageable for a Shiny Hunter. O.o
Come on, if ya have PokéRus, ya need less Pokémon to fully EV Train, and if that is so, then you will have less chances of some random Shiny EV Training Pokémon! ;_;
Well, I'd rather NOT have a third shiny Hoppip. I'd rather get something better like I'd find as I level train my L91 Dragonite in the Berry Forest.

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
Awsome arvy Runasutaru lv 140 kaboto OMFG! anyway on topic.
I was not aware poke'rus was rarer than a shiny pokemon until just now.
no shiny luck. i might start playing on pokemon gold as i miss the johto story *sobs as theres no remake.* anyway im going to save in celedon and try getting shiny scyther (shiny Scizor Beats all i know because i have one on gold!) anyway good luck to everyone

Years
Hey, Runa! Mind if I steal the name, "Miss Cake" for my Scyther? I've been effort training her in the Seviper patch for a little bit, but nothing. Not even a Surskit. Still 66 or 67. (I think I skipped no. 66, because I can't find it in my box. o_0)

I'll be switching to Fire Red and looking for shiny Drowzee for the next little bit. There's a slim chance I may have a Zangoose offer, so I might finally be able to get the Chikorita hunt on the way within the next month or so. Whee!

Edit: 68 Surskits. I can't make up my mind on what to hunt. I just wanna get this Seviper hunt over with already. It's been going on for 8 months! (I know this is much easier said than done.)

Edit2: 70 Surskits. I'm fast approaching the population mean of 8192. Once I pass it, I can safely say I should've seen a shiny by now. >,>

Last edited:

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
Hey everyone. i organised a trade for that shiny larvitar,Sadly it costs me a terrible price. my shiny deoxys im not that bothered because i cheated for it but meh i will get a shiny larviatar because of it. thank god for my little brother. it was one of his classmates in school. so it should belong to me in 2days time. anyway no luck with scyther or suicune,im sort of after a girafarig and the shiny version is awsome,so im hunting in the safari zone for one. good luck to everyone.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
LDD's Update:

Friend's Sapphire - 41 Surskit, no shiny.

My Emerald - EV training a Rattata, no shiny.

My Leaf Green - Am going to Hoppip Island off the shore of Island 5, in hopes of MM's Hoppip luck.

ALSO - in other news, am going to hook up PKMN STADIUM(2) to count how many Red Dos' I do have... I restarted those games so often. V(@_@)V

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
y helo thar, just coming in fast, will have to go in some secs.
MetalMario said:
Hey, Runa! Mind if I steal the name, "Miss Cake" for my Scyther?
Yeah, sure, go ahead! The name came out randomly, it´s only because I named the Bugsy in my hack MRPIE. XD
pokEMOn UseR said:
Traded shineys dont count, they have to be caught by you ^__^
They DO. O.o
Traded Shinies count, as long as they are legal and are in YOUR possesion. o.o;
At least they were the last time I checked. O.o;;;

Well, today is a boring day.
*Looks at the Wheel of Monotony spinning at Neopets*
Believe me, only a Shiny Hunter could stand this treatement. @_@
It is one of those Wheel of Fortune thingies, but...It spins for about 2 hours! >.<

Hey, I hunted a bit today, at least an hour. Nothing but sucky Torchics. >.<
*Barbeques them all*
Gotta burn ´em all!
KFC! >D

And with this, I bid everyone good luck, a nice trip (Dunno why. O.o) and have fun! Goodbye!
*This is the Ultimate Showdown
Of Ultimate Destiny
Good guys, bad guys and explosions
As far as the eye can see
And only one will survive
I wonder who it will be
This is the Ultimate Showdown
Of Ultimate Destiny

Hellishness, wrong song. >.>

*Puts Mist Mystery playing*

*Into the Mist
Filled with bliss
Into the Mist
Give me a kiss
Into the Mist
Fear the hiss
Pop, pop, poppop goes the weasel!
Mist mistmist mist mist, pop crash boom!
Into the Mist
Shiny Hunter´s list
Mighty fist
Unique beast!!

Errrrr, don´t ask. O.o
Made it up randomly just now.

~*Ru*~

EDIT: For someone who had to go in some secs, I still made one of those hugeamondo posts. X_X

Years
pokEMOn UseR said:
Traded shineys dont count, they have to be caught by you ^__^
Traded shinies DO count, provided you can verify their legitimacy. That has ALWAYS been the rule around here. Shinies traded away no longer hold a place in your SHC card, but you retain your entries in the Shiny Dex. Compare the Shiny Dex to the Pokédex, and the SHC card to your party.

71 Surskits. I hunted a bit on the bus but found nothing; not even a surskit.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
well i played fr for about 5 minutes xD i prefer to play kameo but got kicked off the pc.... 360 is connected to it..... so played for a while... and would you have guessed i got............

...nothing xD
oh and btw... does anyone vote for the icon thing.. i think you guys should... next week wwill be songs and most of you hunters are graphical even if its pixal style... so iim saying.. vote xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
____ said:
well i played fr for about 5 minutes xD i prefer to play kameo but got kicked off the pc.... 360 is connected to it..... so played for a while... and would you have guessed i got............nothing xD
oh and btw... does anyone vote for the icon thing.. i think you guys should... next week wwill be songs and most of you hunters are graphical even if its pixal style... so iim saying.. vote xD

What icon thing?.... o.O
Wellllllllll I've been Clefairy hunting, using all my money on coins, dropping all the coins for as many Clefairies as I can afford, dashing off to the PokeCenter, and checking my "Clefairy" box. Wooo! It's an exciting process. I just got one of my friends to pick up LeafGreen, and she says that she'll try to catch a shiny if she sees one! But she's probably not enough of a weirdo to actually spend hours looking for them... Oh well!

Years
____ said:
What.. icon thing? Your avatar? You certainly change it enough... If that's what you're talking about, I would advise to use something MCR-related just to bug Yami. ;)

ryan said:
Wellllllllll I've been Clefairy hunting, using all my money on coins, dropping all the coins for as many Clefairies as I can afford, dashing off to the PokeCenter, and checking my "Clefairy" box. Wooo! It's an exciting process.
Have you confirmed that this works faster than just buying 5, checking your party, then restarting? I haven't done any "small" GC hunts, only the ones where the max I could get (3 Dratinis) would still fit in my party, so I don't really have a sense of how long it would take.

ryan said:
I just got one of my friends to pick up LeafGreen, and she says that she'll try to catch a shiny if she sees one! But she's probably not enough of a weirdo to actually spend hours looking for them... Oh well!
Yay. I'm working on convincing one of my friends (the suicidal one) to get Emerald. That should be pretty cool.

72 Surskits. I finally did the Odd Egg in Crystal, got non-shinies the first 5 tries, then FINALLY got a shiny Igglybuff. That was actually the one I wanted the least (and reset upon getting before), but after 5 non-shinies, I was in no state to be picky. I'm also breeding for a shiny Skarm on Gold. The first four eggs are not shiny.

Edit: OMGLOLWTFBBQ!! I did it! I finally caught...

..little further..

..a Coveted Gold Swablu! It's no Seviper (how could this happen to me?), but it'll do. Seviper shall be like number 2 on my list of shiny breeds in Emerald, once I start my final save after getting a Zangoose. Hmm... I'm just EXTREMELY glad that I didn't find another Lotad. No more Seviper hunt, no more Surskits, LDD, if you want to keep hunting, go ahead, but bear in mind you have an 80% chance of finding something I already have. ;)

This is after 72 Surskits.

Edit2: Preliminary info:
Swablu♀, Docile, Met on Route 114 at L16, Natural Cure, caught in Luxury Ball, OT: GREG/63446
HP: 44
Atk: 19
Def: 29
SpAtk: 20
SpDef: 30
Speed: 23

Last edited:
Back