• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
If i create a new room in a-map i can walk out of it fine bu when i walk into the warp to go to that room it warps me to the middle how do i make it so it warps me through the door way

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Uh, yes.

But this might be a long time ago, and a lot of stuff might be lost.

Or it could only be a little ago...and the bug is still there.

This is for A-Map, right?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Search for Cheat won't be useful as such data is encrypted. The Pokémon party data starts at 0x02024284 - FireRed.

Care to help a little, I have no such idea as decrypting the data...
I know a bit, but not much... Much like ASM...
BUT, I can do this with a few pointers... (I knew where the Pokemon data started, just not exactly where to look...)

CrystallineSeraphim

Awakened of Eternal Destiny
Years
I seriously hope that this question hasn't been asked... but I've noticed that there is not a single Pokemon Sapphire hack being worked on... I had to download Pokemon Ruby for some of these hacks and Fire Red for the majority of them... I don't get it... there isn't much of a difference between Sapphire and Ruby, the only differences I have noticed are the Legendaries you can get (Sapphire gets Kyogre and Ruby gets Groudon but I am not sure about the EON pokemon), along with the Team that is the main antagonist in the game... seriously... what gives?...

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I seriously hope that this question hasn't been asked... but I've noticed that there is not a single Pokemon Sapphire hack being worked on... I had to download Pokemon Ruby for some of these hacks and Fire Red for the majority of them... I don't get it... there isn't much of a difference between Sapphire and Ruby, the only differences I have noticed are the Legendaries you can get (Sapphire gets Kyogre and Ruby gets Groudon but I am not sure about the EON pokemon), along with the Team that is the main antagonist in the game... seriously... what gives?...

There are not many differences in story line and stuff like that, but graphics are different with the games, title screen and such, and some things take up more or less space, therefore, you need the Ruby ROM to play Ruby games, and people use Ruby since it seems to be easier to get a hold of.

CrystallineSeraphim

Awakened of Eternal Destiny
Years
There are not many differences in story line and stuff like that, but graphics are different with the games, title screen and such, and some things take up more or less space, therefore, you need the Ruby ROM to play Ruby games, and people use Ruby since it seems to be easier to get a hold of.
O_0' now I know... *everyone hears smashing and crashing of glass as I fall over like an anime character in surprise* but still... also... when I beat the Elite Four in Sapphire... I got sent back to the menu screen... grr... it was so hard to beat the elite four... I made a personal Sapphire Hack so Shedninja is a Dark/Ghost type so it is invincable... my friend said it would be awesome if Darkrai had Wonder Guard...

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
O_0' now I know... *everyone hears smashing and crashing of glass as I fall over like an anime character in surprise* but still... also... when I beat the Elite Four in Sapphire... I got sent back to the menu screen... grr... it was so hard to beat the elite four... I made a personal Sapphire Hack so Shedninja is a Dark/Ghost type so it is invincable... my friend said it would be awesome if Darkrai had Wonder Guard...

Well, sure it is fun making petty little edits, but you should look into making full scale hacks... time consuming, but well worth it in the end.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Then do you know where the icons of the pokemon and thier non-shiny backspirtes?When i search for them beween 644~13?? I only find the frontsprite and the backspirte of the shiny

There is no such "non-shiny" backsprites. There's only one backsprite with two palettes. In unLZ, just decrease the pal number. The Pokémon icons are not compressed instead, so you'll either need IconEd or a tile editor.

So you just rename the file from .bak to .gba and your ROM is saved?

It depends on the backup. Also, what's the problem with your ROM? ROM can be saved anyway, with a bit of effort.

Care to help a little, I have no such idea as decrypting the data...
I know a bit, but not much... Much like ASM...
BUT, I can do this with a few pointers... (I knew where the Pokemon data started, just not exactly where to look...)

Here's a good explanation.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
WOAH!
Did this page get an update?!
I was on this page less than a day ago and it had nowhere near enough info on it to help me!
THANK YOU!

Actually not o.O
It has been like that for like... months, if not more.
You're welcome, anyway.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
When I was testing my rom, The game would freeze in a random place. So I would restart, and it would happen again but in a random place. This didn't happen beofre and I haven't changed anyhting since a last tested it.
Anybody know whats wrong and how I could fix it?

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
When I was testing my rom, The game would freeze in a random place. So I would restart, and it would happen again but in a random place. This didn't happen beofre and I haven't changed anyhting since a last tested it.
Anybody know whats wrong and how I could fix it?

Do you have a person set on hidden in advance map? Something like this happened to me once. Every time i stepped on a certain row of tiles the game restarted. All I did was take out the hidden thing.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Do you have a person set on hidden in advance map? Something like this happened to me once. Every time i stepped on a certain row of tiles the game restarted. All I did was take out the hidden thing.

There's no reason to use "Hidden" at all. Flags are the better way to go.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
no the gamed dosen't restart and there's nothing there. Just every once in a while the game freezes, and the music stays on the same note it was on when it froze

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Plz?

A Block editing question.

On the Lilycove City tileset [in Emerald] I changed the gym building tiles to Battle Tent tiles [with A-Map's Block Editor]. However, it screws up all the other Lilycove-exclusive tiles and ruins the tileset :(. Does anyone know where I may be going wrong?

PS It is NOT a pallet problem - the tiles change to completely different distorted tiles.

Just trying again...
Also, hate to be a n00b but...how do I actually use XSE?

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
if i go in one house then come out i come out of ANOTHER househowcan i stop this on advance map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back