• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How old is the main character?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
This is just some speculation thread, but I have a feeling they'd have to be fairly old. In the Looker quest at the end of the game all of the kids attack you, saying stuff like "No grown ups allowed!" But their friend Emma is 16, and they accept her just fine. If the main character was any younger, then wouldn't the kids be fine with accepting him/her? I believe that they would have to be at LEAST 16 by that point in the game, if not older. What are your thoughts on this?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I've always thought that they were older too, probably 16 (but also probably not older than that). The trend has been that the player characters have been slowly getting older over the generations and I don't think that's stopped with X/Y.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
Yeah, I was thinking either a) Emma just looks young, so the kids didn't realize her age or b) the character started his/her journey at 16 or so, and by the end grew a bit older. Either way, they sure aren't ten.

Years
I recall people speculated Hilbert/Hilda to be around age 16, but they were confirmed as 14. I probably think Calem and Serena are around a similar age as well, seeing as they were close to Emma's height.

Guest123_x1

I recall people speculated Hilbert/Hilda to be around age 16, but they were confirmed as 14. I probably think Calem and Serena are around a similar age as well, seeing as they were close to Emma's height.
Considering B/W's player characters' ages were a significant change from all previous generations at that point (age 10 all the way to Generation IV), it always looked to me X/Y's player characters were at least 12 or 13, though 14 certainly sounds like it could be in the ballpark.

Asariond

The People's Musketeer!
Years
I've always seen them as young teenagers, probably 16. Then again, playing as a small child fighting with dragons, eldritch abominations, and proto-gods has always made my teeth itch slightly, so I've never felt my player characters to be any younger than that, even when I first started playing the games at about ten years old.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
Years
16 is the most realistic to me. Maybe the official art is misleading but they seem too tall to be any younger.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
my guess is 16-18. shauna is probably 10-13, trevor 10-12 & tierno 11-13
regardless the main character has to be 16 or older & is a few years older then shauna given how she tends to look up to him/her. also grace seemed to have no qualms about outright wondering if sycamore's letter was a love letter. most young children would be unsettled by that. though that variable is something of a wild card as we know not if the players father is dead is dead or divorced her. odds are he's dead, i don't think getting sent flying by a ryhorn can be very good for one's health.
Considering B/W's player characters' ages were a significant change from all previous generations at that point (age 10 all the way to Generation IV), it always looked to me X/Y's player characters were at least 12 or 13, though 14 certainly sounds like it could be in the ballpark.
red is 11 in r/b/g/y/fr/lg, odds are blue and leaf are the same age
in g/hg/s/ss/c ethan's supposed to be the same age as silver kris & lyra. there wouldn't be much to this if it wasn't for silver being confirmed to have been on his journey for at least 3 years.
brendan & may are both 12
lucas & dawn don't have a confirmed age
hilbert & hilda where both made to look 16 & are around 14
yet again, nate and rosa don't have a confirmed age, though they seem to be in the made to be 14 but look older grouping.
none of the games or even the spin offs have ever confirmed the player characters age to be 10, its always been an anime only thing to the point of contradicting plot holes...
funny-pictures-auto-687765.jpeg

Back