• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cello's guide to everything tile insertion/placement (HUGE Guide, Tips, FAQ)

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2009
i have a problem.
when i load the block/pallete after i have used gale this comes up

error:
the pallete file is missing
blah/blah/blah/blah(bla is location :p)titleset2.pal

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
i have a problem.
when i load the block/pallete after i have used gale this comes up

error:
the pallete file is missing
blah/blah/blah/blah(bla is location :p)titleset2.pal

You should put the tileset.dib file with the tileset.pal file in one folder.

Hey Cello, I've got this problem. Everytime I import the .act file, the palettes change positions I need help.

Years
Hi, another question. I seem to have a problem with palettes created by IrfanView (haven't got Photoshop on this PC), and it seems to be the same problem as the GraphicsGale palette saving bug. (The colors end up completely different in Amap.) However, when using GG to view the palette (created by IrfanView) everything seems fine.

So not only are GG's palettes not compatible with Amap, IrfanView's palettes aren't either.

Is there an alternative to Photoshop/IrfanView/GraphicsGale for palette editing? GIMP maybe? (Haven't searched yet, but maybe someone here already knows...?)

Opalescent

Ninja Mapper
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2012
Awesome

I have a slightly different method, but this is awesome :)
This'll be handy if my method turns out to be a giant mistake...which is almost certain!

Thanks for the tutorial :3

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
hey i have a question. when i make the palette and "force" black and white, the white makes it 17 colors. and white isnt in the image so how can i get rid of it?
@Jm20
how do u move the colors around the way u said. in photoshop?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
hey i have a question. when i make the palette and "force" black and white, the white makes it 17 colors. and white isnt in the image so how can i get rid of it?
@Jm20
how do u move the colors around the way u said. in photoshop?

Instead of forcing black and white, select none or transparent. Any of those 2 works, just make sure you're colors is 16 or lower.

Opalescent

Ninja Mapper
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2012
Actually, I found an easier way of doing it :)
But this is excellent for people new to Tile Inserting. Hmmmm now all I need is a guide to changing the animations :)

Awesome

School days again...
Years
I'm having a problem here, I put all the palettes at the Advance Map, but because the palettes are not exact, I put the ones which are nearest to the original. Here's what happened: (When I put it in the tileset but I'm not inserting it yet, it looked fine)

Spoiler:

Doublet

Zelda PWNs!
Years
That was a pretty detailed tutorial, too bad I figured it out on my own before I read this! XD

anyhow, I am still encountering one problem; In AM the tiles look fine... But when I play the rom its bassically Anarchy! I've already made sure theres no animations, and have deleted and replaced the tiles a good amount of times.

Could someone help?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2013
Hey, great tutorial, very well set out, easy to read and helpful.
BUUT.. I was wondering if you could help me. I can insert tiles just fine but when it comes to door animations I am at a total loss.
Right now all that I am trying to do is move the door with the "R" on it from the "Five Isle Meadow" map on fire red onto tileset0. Managed this without a problem but I can't manage to associate the animation of the door opening with my new tile. I presumed setting the behaviour byte to 69 would do the job but it does not. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Learath2

Scripter
Years
:(

every thing gets weird after i add a secon tree i made the pallets but the left side of the left tree and everything up at left side gets very weird
h t t p ://i48.tinypic.com/2uopc01.jpg

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
every thing gets weird after i add a secon tree i made the pallets but the left side of the left tree and everything up at left side gets very weird
h t t p ://i48.tinypic.com/2uopc01.jpg

Well, yeah? you edited the colours of the whole Tileset, so all the tiles will change colour if they use that pallette. If that is what you were saying. If it is not that that is the problem, then what exactly is wrong, as the screenshot gives no hint.

Learath2

Scripter
Years
a better screen

h t t p://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5753/helpl.png

a better screenshot after adding the tree right side this happens i did make the pallets same

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
h t t p://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5753/helpl.png

a better screenshot after adding the tree right side this happens i did make the pallets same

You've recoloured it wrong. You need to make all the tree colours fit the Tileset pallette exactly. Redo the tile, making sure that the tree fits the pallette perfectly.

Back