• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Starters wise, I always used to choose Charmander and my brother ALWAYS choose Squirtle (we always restarted the games at the same time to play through them together and stuff then we also cable battled, I physically cried once when he kept choosing Squirtle XD) but now since I actually know about Pokemon rather than choosing what's cutest, I always go for Bulbasaur due to my profound love of Poison type Pokemon :3

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Members, I am now starting our first event within this club. This is not WiFi based, so everyone can participate.

Create-a-Banner Contest
For this event, members are to create their own banners/userbars for this club. Each member may submit up to 3 banners or userbars. These can be 100% custom-made, or they can utilize official artwork/sprites and screenshots from the games or anime. Send them to me by PM. From the date of my post describing the event, you have one week (12/28/2011) to send in your work. All participants get a new partner Pokemon of their choice. Mention what you want your new partner Pokemon to be in your PM. Then, I will hold a voting period for who has the best work. Whoever has the most votes will get to have one of their partner Pokemon upgraded to shiny. Everybody's submission, regardless of quality, will be added to the OP after the event is over.

EDIT: Made some changes above if you read it before I made the changes.

Last edited:
Years
Sooooooo want to join. Black and white has no taste compared to the first 151

Username: Jayster23
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Charizard, Scyther, Jolteon, Primeape, Kingler
Partner Pokemon: Charizard the Charizard
(originality there ^)

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Sooooooo want to join. Black and white has no taste compared to the first 151

Username: Jayster23
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Charizard, Scyther, Jolteon, Primeape, Kingler
Partner Pokemon: Charizard the Charizard
(originality there ^)

Welcome! I'll go ahead and add you. And what more? I'll even add a tooltip for your so original nickname! XD

Also, just a reminder: Please vote in the poll for my reference. :)

Years
Starters wise, I always used to choose Charmander and my brother ALWAYS choose Squirtle (we always restarted the games at the same time to play through them together and stuff then we also cable battled, I physically cried once when he kept choosing Squirtle XD) but now since I actually know about Pokemon rather than choosing what's cutest, I always go for Bulbasaur due to my profound love of Poison type Pokemon :3

My brother and I do the exact same thing, except i don't pick Bulbasaur. Charmander all the way.
Too me Charmander is like my life, it goes. I start again. I give myself the most extreme challenges without meaning to. By Blaine i already have a level 70ish Charizard. I went through Red version once with 4 pokemon.
Charizard
Oddish-Cut
Pidgey- Fly
Snorlax- Surf and Strength.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
My brother and I do the exact same thing, except i don't pick Bulbasaur. Charmander all the way.
Too me Charmander is like my life, it goes. I start again. I give myself the most extreme challenges without meaning to. By Blaine i already have a level 70ish Charizard. I went through Red version once with 4 pokemon.
Charizard
Oddish-Cut
Pidgey- Fly
Snorlax- Surf and Strength.

Ahah, I used to do this too! I had an attitude of "this Pokemon can beat anything!" and used it for the whole time so it got to ridiculous levels. Man, those were fun times!

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
My brother and I very often would exploit the cloning glitch (the one that occurs via trading), and then we would make a team of 6 Lv100 Mewtwo. I know that's kind of a "noob" thing to do by my standards today, but back then I loved it! I would make that team and use it in Pokemon Stadium, and I'd be nearly unstoppable. :)

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Wow, I told myself to remember to vote in the poll, and what did I forget to do? Hahaha. *votes*

Also, I'm gonna try for the banner contest even though my bad banners are bad and I should feel bad.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
And with NightOfRemorse, that's two entries, plus myself. Yes, I am participating.

Note everyone: I have made one more final change to the contest. To remove any possible unnoticed bias from myself, I have decided to allow all members to vote on whose is the best. There will be a 4-day voting period starting midnight EST on Dec 28. No voting for yourself.

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Can you say over-powered Charizard? That's what I did! :) An over-powered Pokemon in any game is able to sweep the in-game foes. Gen I is no exception.

As of yet, we have four participants for the contest: Me, miltankRancher, ikarochase, and NightOfRemorse. Looking forward to seeing more submissions. :)

Years
Talking about overpowered, I used to play Red version and have a level 20 Charmeleon by Brock then a Charizard by Misty. That made sure i never lost
Muhahahahah >:D

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Can you say over-powered Charizard? That's what I did! :) An over-powered Pokemon in any game is able to sweep the in-game foes. Gen I is no exception.

As of yet, we have four participants for the contest: Me, miltankRancher, ikarochase, and NightOfRemorse. Looking forward to seeing more submissions. :)

and my entry fails. no gif. :\

well, overleveled pokemon would really sweep, considering the great gap between wild Pokeomon and that SINGLE POKEMON THAT HAVE DEFEATED EVERY TRAINER IN THE REGION.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Joining here as I'm a fan of the first pokemon. (captain obvious)

Username: Para-Dox
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: All of the Nidoran line.
Partner Pokemon: RHYDON the Nidoking

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back