• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nicolas' sprite showcase #2

What should I do?

• Revamps

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Trainer Sprites

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • More from Malachite

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Quit it... you suck

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
keep up the good work.
i like all your sprites I think

Not sure if you're new or you just decided you weren't going to read the rules. But we expect comments with atleast some elaboration and/or criticism in them.

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
both of your posts aren't constructive in the slightest. Really, is it that hard to give a reason as to why you like or dislike them? Try harder next time.

Not sure if you're new or you just decided you weren't going to read the rules. But we expect comments with atleast some elaboration and/or criticism in them.

thanks mods :D
I'll be doing more HGSS edits/scratches soon

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Nicolas, can I use your sprites in my hack? I'll give credit

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
both of your posts aren't constructive in the slightest. Really, is it that hard to give a reason as to why you like or dislike them? Try harder next time.

sometimes you don't need a reason on why you think something is better, I do like the last one because the gray is lighter giving it a better shading in my opinion

:t354:TG

Nicolas

Years
BUMP
sorry for not replying... the internet's down here because of a storm
nevertheless, I'll be on spriting again

Nicolas

Years
Here's a little peek of what I'm doing right now
Falkner.png

seriously, could someone help me with the other hand? thanks

Years
I love the trainers and fakemon, the revamps are just awesome and the pixel art is nice.
The colouring and tone are done really well, there are only a few mistakes with shape in some but for others its really great.
I love the Falkner continuation! You may be already using this image as a guide but it should help with the hand.

Last edited:

Nicolas

Years
I love the trainers and fakemon, the revamps are just awesome and the pixel art is nice.
The colouring and tone are done really well, there are only a few mistakes with shape in some but for others its really great.
I love the Falkner continuation! You may be already using this image as a guide but it should help with the hand.

thanks a lot

are there anymore HGSS sugimori arts out there? I want to continue more mugshots you see, I'm currently gathering resources at Pokemon.jp

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Oh, sorry... I was busy last weekend, and I guess the thread slipped into the ether after that. You shouldn't bump without content, but eh, whatever. What do you need help with?

Nicolas

Years
Oh, sorry... I was busy last weekend, and I guess the thread slipped into the ether after that. You shouldn't bump without content, but eh, whatever. What do you need help with?

oops... sorry 'bout that. I need help with Falkner's feet and the other leg

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Oh... I think he's wearing tabi with red string and black soles.

edit: On closer inspection, he's definitely wearing white socks with sandals, but I have no idea what the red thing is supposed to be...

Last edited:

Nicolas

Years
yes, he is wearing one but I can't think of good palettes to suit those tabi(s)... but what the heck, I'll try to sprite him :D

Nicolas

Years
Ah, here we go. This is how he's depicted in the anime.. You should use the same palette as his bracers.

problem is... his bracers are not so dark as the sugimori art, I think I might use black palettes and dithering to darken those tabi(s)

Nicolas

Years
Oh yeah, official art for HG/SS would probably be the best thing to base it on... Hmm, seems like he's not wearing tabi in it.
I think it's more like a tabi but the tabi's being blocked by his shoe thing

that's rlly amazing
the shading is good.
his other leg needs to be made tho before the boots xD
thanks a lot, still having a lot of trouble though

Great. Very good work.
Can I use your Pikachu? I will give credits. :)
be sure to change it's palette to FR/LG if your using that as a rombase

Back