• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokémon Evolution Announcement!

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
What if the Pokemon is evolved but none of its pre-evolutions have been released like Noiverm. We could be seeing a new Pokemon line altogether with this new Pokemon. it does just say evolved and not evolved of a previously seen or old Pokemon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
It is just my opinion, but I do not think they would announce it like that if it was a new Kalos pokemon (Unless it is the starters). My guess is it is a older pokemon and hopefully not a Mega, though I like Mega. I can see it being Eevee, for the simple fact that it is one of the most popular pokemon that still has possible evolutions.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
What if the Pokemon is evolved but none of its pre-evolutions have been released like Noiverm. We could be seeing a new Pokemon line altogether with this new Pokemon. it does just say evolved and not evolved of a previously seen or old Pokemon.

I had this in mind but when you think about it why would it specifically say is an evolved pokemon if the pre-evo hasn't been reveal yet. When Noivern and Gogoat where reveal I don't think it was stated they where evolved pokemon so the surprise was still there when Skiddo was shown(unless you saw the trailer glimpse of it). Nevertheless if a new pokemon was going to be reveal which had a pre-evo, it would be better to just reveal it as a new pokemon without leaving loose ends on the reveal with the indirect confirmation of a pre-evo.

In my opinion it will be Bunebly's evolution, it looks to me it could evolve into a normal/ground pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It sounds like it'll be an evolution of an old Pokemon by them saying it's an evolution of a Pokemon. Of course we do have plent of single Kalos Pokemon whom could have evolutions.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
Well, almost everything I wanted to say about this has already been said.

While I like mega evolutions, I'm hoping for an actual evolution this time. Whether it's an evolution based off a Kalos Pokemon or an older Pokemon is fine by me. I'm leaning towards an evolution for an older Pokemon (*coughdunsparceorqwilfishoreeveecough*). If it is based off a Kalos Pokemon, I'm hoping it's Helioptile, as I plan on using it for my team. I won't care if it's a brand new Pokemon that will have pre-evolutions, like Noivern, but I doubt it will happen.

If this is a new Pokemon, and not a mega evolution, that will make it new Pokemon #40. :] I hope they leave it at that and have the rest be discovered upon release.

Years
Well, almost everything I wanted to say about this has already been said.

While I like mega evolutions, I'm hoping for an actual evolution this time. Whether it's an evolution based off a Kalos Pokemon or an older Pokemon is fine by me. I'm leaning towards an evolution for an older Pokemon (*coughdunsparceorqwilfishoreeveecough*). If it is based off a Kalos Pokemon, I'm hoping it's Helioptile, as I plan on using it for my team. I won't care if it's a brand new Pokemon that will have pre-evolutions, like Noivern, but I doubt it will happen.

If this is a new Pokemon, and not a mega evolution, that will make it new Pokemon #40. :] I hope they leave it at that and have the rest be discovered upon release.
I also hope this will be the final tid bit of news we get regarding new Pokemon. If this generation has around 100 like Johto and Sinnoh did then we're almost half way done seeing them all...(I'm hoping the total will be 120...if so then we've seen 1/3).

I too am hoping it'll be Helioptile, Dusparce, a second Eeveelution for the generation, or Quilfish, or Chimecho, Luvdisc, or Kecleon.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2014
I would like there to be a dragon eeveelution, but find this unlikely
I agree with this, see how they released the fairy type of Eevee, might as well release a dragon version so that it could be the same as gold and silver.
Embreon>Espeon
Sylveon>Dragoeon(Just making a dragon name)

I think that would be pretty nice though. If not, please no more mega evolutions or release of new pokemon. Id prefer them just to give us an evo for an older pokemon or just an evolution to the current pokemon, excluding the starters. Id prefer if the starters remained a mystery so everyone can just pick one without knowing what itll be.

Years
I would prefer ONLY previewing basic forms so the evolutions are a suprise when they happen.
I think it'll be an evolution of a Pokemon we've already seen as we don't tend to get that many evolutions of new pokemon Pokemon this late...usually we get them early like in BW with Gothorita's , and Drillbur's lines. Also irc they've never refered to an evolution of a new Pokemon like this. Sounds like it's a cross-generation evolution.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
I think it'll be Oorotto being revealed as Sudowoodo's evolution.

But I hope that it'll be a new Eeveelution, preferably a Dragon-type.

Years
@ People saying that it's Orotto, I don't know, It seems too...."grand" of an announcement to just be Orotto. I mean, Aurorus and it's other fossil counterpart Tyrantum didn't get this big of a reveal, did they? I dunno, it just seems odd to me that it would be Orotto for some reason, for something this important.
To be honest the stage they're announcing this makes me think it won't be too grand...it's a facebook post...

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I think it's probably gonna be the official reveal of Mega Kangaskhan. It just seems like the kind of move they'd pull.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
I wouldn't mind more than one evolution revealed. And a dunsparce evo would be nice, dragon/fairy anyone? And shuckle is never going to happen because of eviolite. I also would like to see: bunnelby, dedenne, the starters and helioptile.

Monte Blanc

The White Rabbit
Years
I'm gunning for the Dragon-Type Eeveelution. It just seems like something GameFreak would do, considering we've never had a singular Eeveelution before and every group of evolutions revealed thus far have been in pairs where one has an advantage over the other (Espeon > Umbreon, Leafeon > Glaceon).

I'd be happy with an evolution to any of a number of Johto or Hoenn Pokemon that need it, though. Specifically, Dunsparce, Sudowoodo, Stantler, Tropius, Sableye, and Xatu.

Back