• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✜// CHECKMATE (OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yeah, bunnying wasn't even stated in the rules, lol. I can add something, though we all probably feel it's obvious.

I told you that I'd be a bit unsure about the playstyle in the beginning ^^' I apologize for any confusion.

Anyways, now I've just said that you might as well keep playing your family member(s) for a while longer. Go ahead! :3 And yeah, butlers are included there ;) Let me know if you ever think I take away too much of your freedom! Don't want to make it difficult to post.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Alrighty, bemyValentine will be Vinnies chumhandle. (or whatever its called)

sexMachine is a little too suggestive, even for Vinnie. :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Well, the RP is rated M ;) but bemyValentine is nice too!

I'm currently trying to provide images to describe what the server player will be seeing when they enter the game, without linking to Homestuck itself xD Lots of openmindedness might be required from all of us for these next posts teheh. As long as everyone raises their hand/voice/post when they feel confused, we'll make it work well.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Alright, how about a little survey since we've gotten this train rolling?

Questions!

1: Why did you pick your color?
2: Did you have any inspiration for your character? If so, who?
3: Why did you name your character the name you named it? (lol)
4: Why did you put your character in the economical enviroment they are in? (ex: why is ricardo filthy rich?)
5: And finally, what made you want to join this rp?

My answers!

1: Since Vinnie is all about love (hearts, red, personality), I chose red. Pretty straightforward and not exactly groundbreaking symbolism.
2: If anyone watches NCIS in here, its pretty easy to see DiNozzo inspired Vinnie. Only Vinnie is more tech savy and a lot cooler.
3: Vinnie Valentine sounds cool, and I wanted his name to be Valentine. Vincent is my name in French class, and since Valentine is french (right?) I made him Vinnie. It flows well.
4: I made Vinnie pretty rich because I wanted to him to be "that one guy who has everything, yet still looks for more". I'm probably not going to do this as well as I would like, but thats basically how I imagine Vinnie
5: I joined this because I saw red talking about it in the RPD thread :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hehe, Evan, you make Vinnie sound even more Gary Stu than he did in the SU... can I give you advice? As a fairly experienced roleplayer. Don't make him great at everything. You've GOT to show his weak points now and then. Otherwise chances are that others won't feel that he's a believable human character, or very fun to play with in the long run. And I certainly won't, as a GM. So remember to not make him too awesome, because real people just aren't...

Of course all players in this RP are awesome, but that's a different story.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years

Questions! My answers are bolded

Originally my color was Silver, but I felt it was a little too light… and before that my color was black, but that was off limits :\
My cousin, several friends, a deceased friend from a while back, and the movie Savages.
Ricardo is sort of the Average Joe name in Mexico, I guess? I don't always care much about names, they're things your parents give you before you're even born sometimes, so they're pretty damn arbitrary… :\
4: Why did you put your character in the economical enviroment they are in? (ex: why is ricardo filthy rich?)
Because I watched the movie Savages basically RIGHT BEFORE I created him… so yeah :P
(the movie is about the drug business in the Tijuana/San Diego border, and the violence associated with it. If you're mature enough for R-rated movies, I highly recommend it… but it's pretty ****ed up in every aspect :\

RED! :D
Honestly, this RP looked pretty damn awesome to begin with, and it's what got me reading Homestuck. Now that I'm all into that shiznit I'm all like "let's get this started!!!!!"

I'm done with Part 6 Intermission 1 now, by the way… @_@

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
@Red: Yeah, later on you'll see some of Vinnie's brokenheartedness. And at times he'll get serious about his emotions and such. In times of pressure he'll try to stay light and funny, but it will be obvious hes scared out of his mind. Thanks for the tip!

EDIT: Now that I think about it....Vinnie is more like Gatsby than DiNozzo. At least, on the inside. I don't know, I'm just trying to make him a good character :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Naww, poor Vinnie! Ok then, no problem, good that you can take constructive criticism :3

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Ah, well, criticism is easier taken when delivered by someone who knows what they are talking about.

And I usually take criticism pretty well, especially since I'm new to this sort of thing. :)

That next post...is...pretty weird. I get all of the pesterChum stuff and the fact that I can see candice's room....but the buttons and interface is kinda confusing. I'm just suppossed to react to this, right? Or do I have to use the deploy thing like VC said?

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

Questions!

1. I like purple but I wanted a different shade so I searched through hex codes to find Wild Violet and I really liked it.

2. No, I made her up off the top of my head. She sort of came in bits and pieces, the more I thought about her the more I wrote about her.

3. I wanted a unique name and I was just thinking of olden names that people had and there it was.

4. It's easier for me to write about, I'm not filthy rich so I can describe it more. It's simple.

5. The first post just really drew me in and I wanted to get involved in RPing after the lengthy break that I had.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Told you it would be weird.

The interface is, well... it's just a bar of buttons at the top of the SBURB game window. Or at the top of the screen, if Vinnie play in full screen mode. Do you understand?

But I kind of meant for this post to confuse you. Why don't you have Vinnie ask VC if there's stuff he doesn't understand? ;)

You should play through the events in the post in the way you think Vinnie would have done them. I wrote "if you do this" in some places to denote that you can do them if you think your character would, but you don't have to. And after these events... you may do whatever you want :3

Hahhaa... "BE RICARDO" !! :D

Do you guys want personalized narratives too? Of course you want. *goes to make something YOU CAN'T STOP ME*

No, actually. The same thing will happen to Vieve that happened to Candice, and the same thing will happen to Ricardo that happened to Vinnie. But with Vieve's room in the game screen. Naturally. So.

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
LOL, so much happened while I was gone X3

-Well, I was aiming at blue from the beginning, but I didn't want to use the dark blue since everybody else already some dark color...so I went to a light blue. It's also one of my favorite colors.
-When I first made it, I was aiming at a female Gamzee. Halfway through I realized it would be a bit odd, so all I kept was the laidback and calm nature. I made her a tomboy, boring, and added some silence to her.
-Well, I named it after a different version of my nickname. Also since it's based off a fan fic character.
-At first I was aiming for poverty, but decided that somehow that wouldn't fit her personality, seeing as she would have to struggle. So I decided to make her kinda average when it came to that. That way, they would have no worries, which explains how laid back she is.
-Fan of Homestuck. Also since I haven't RPed in a while, and I also joined one of Red's RPs before, and I enjoyed him as GM. ^^

@Red - Oops, sorry for kinda controlling over the dad there ^^;

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Posted.

I think I may have gotten a bit ahead of the ball there, but I'm fairly sure it's fine.
It's fine right.
Please say so.
I'm so bad at this…
……

:'(

JK, your turn Retro :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
LOL, so much happened while I was gone X3

-Well, I was aiming at blue from the beginning, but I didn't want to use the dark blue since everybody else already some dark color...so I went to a light blue. It's also one of my favorite colors.
-When I first made it, I was aiming at a female Gamzee. Halfway through I realized it would be a bit odd, so all I kept was the laidback and calm nature. I made her a tomboy, boring, and added some silence to her.
-Well, I named it after a different version of my nickname. Also since it's based off a fan fic character.
-At first I was aiming for poverty, but decided that somehow that wouldn't fit her personality, seeing as she would have to struggle. So I decided to make her kinda average when it came to that. That way, they would have no worries, which explains how laid back she is.
-Fan of Homestuck. Also since I haven't RPed in a while, and I also joined one of Chili's Red before, and I enjoyed him as GM. ^^

@Red - Oops, sorry for kinda controlling over the dad there ^^;
I'm having a good time reading your answers to Evan's questionnaire ^^
Also, no problem, you actually made him do exactly what I would have made him do XD

Posted.

I think I may have gotten a bit ahead of the ball there, but I'm fairly sure it's fine.
It's fine right.
Please say so.
I'm so bad at this…
……

:'(

JK, your turn Retro :P
Noo, you're great! Now you guys know what will happen, since you can look at the others' narratives.

ONLY - VC won't talk to you. Just so you know.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
;p

/is annoying trolol and even posted PERSONALIXINZEED narratives

Nah, don't worry. The game can't be the same challenge to everyone, can it? Maybe you'll have to figure out some things on your own, or maybe you'll get help from somewhere else... who knows? Only me. Only. me. Though. Remember you can pester your chums about stuff too, not just VC xD

Also, you should lengthen that post to four words, drunk, or Skymin will come running and delete it. Four words rule :3

EDIT: haha, a lot better ;p

Last edited:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
@ Lt. Col.

Hey man, cool post, just figured I should tell you (since you seem to be a bit confused about the whole pesterChum thing), it's sort of like AIM. An instant messenger. And even though I guess you could start group conversations on it, I'm pretty sure it's meant to be used as a 1-on-1 communication device…

Just saying…

/shrugs

Back