• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Every time I visit the Dream World, Fennel keeps giving me the tutorial as if I had never been there before (e.g. explaining to me how the garden works, how to befriend a Pokémon, etc.). Has this been happening to anyone else and does anyone know how to turn it off? This is getting very annoying.

vagrantwanderer

Saturated Sarcasm
Years
Training for E4

Once again.... I have defeated all the trainers except for the elite 4, and my team is still a tad too low leveled to take them on. Other than mass Audino genocide, any tips? My team is still entirely lvl 44

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Big Stadium and Small Court in Nimbasa City have trainers that can be battled daily. Other than that, all you can really do is train in Victory Road. I recommend you train to at least Lv50.

JonnyPhoenyx

Steel Trainer and Proud
Years
I just got back into poke'mon a few weeks ago, so I've never received an event poke'mon. When you get one can you nickname it, or since it's given to you are you stuck with the original name?

What's the best pokemon in Black?

That's a very broad question. "Best" can refer to many different things, usually a trainer's personal preference. I assume you mean the one with the highest total stat spread. In BW that would be Zekrom and Reshiram at 680, followed by Kyurem at 660.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/stat/all.shtml

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It's just like receiving a traded Pokemon. Stuck with its original name.

Well there are some like Victini that you actually catch, so for the most part you're right, but there are also times when you can name it.

Pokemaniacreno

Champion of Kanto
Years
Hi,Little Help?

hi, I am from Turkey and i want to play online. I registered to the gl-pokemon.com and it asked my game sync id. I opened the C-Gear to get my Game Sync Id but it always has a connection error. Is there another way to get the Game Sync Id?
Thanks for your help.

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
Years
Hey guys.
A friend told me that the EV training mechanics changed from 4th Gen to BW. What can you tell me about this?

Pokemaniacreno

Champion of Kanto
Years
hi, I want to connect with wi-fi but when I open the Wi-Fi Connection Setup and search for an acces point I always have this error: " The acces point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo Ds. For help, please visit support.nintendo.com" :(
How can I connect to the WiFi? thanks for help.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
hi, I want to connect with wi-fi but when I open the Wi-Fi Connection Setup and search for an acces point I always have this error: " The acces point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo Ds. For help, please visit support.nintendo.com" :(
How can I connect to the WiFi? thanks for help.

Do you use a DS Lite or original DS, and is your internet set to WPA security?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Hey guys.
A friend told me that the EV training mechanics changed from 4th Gen to BW. What can you tell me about this?

Several changes were implemented:
  1. Actual EV stat bonuses are calculated at the end of every battle, rather than at level-up (therefore an L100 Pokemon can still benefit from EV training).
  2. "Wings" found on Bridge Phenomena (flying Pokemon shadows) will increase an EV by 1. Unlike Vitamins, they function past the 100 EV mark.
  3. EV-reducing Berries will always remove 10 EVs from the Pokemon, even if the Pokemon has over 100 EVs in the stat (it will no longer reset to 100).
  4. Everything else remains the same.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
DS Lites do not support WPA security. You'll have to either get a DSi or change your internet's security to WEP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back