• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Hmm, the Titan thing is a bit of a problem (a duel, possibly?). I don't really see how a character's personality determines whether or not they can be killed, but the level difference is a viable reason. To be honest the experience is more important than the items (which could be limited, if necessary). So, PS/SD would it be okay, if Skymin agrees, for Nirvana to kill Peperton? As far as Nirvana possibly being able to kill Peperton, he does have skills based specifically around player killing and Peperton doesn't have detection (a lot of Nirvana's battles focus on hiding), so there is a chance there.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I don't really see how a character's personality determines whether or not they can be killed, but the level difference is a viable reason.
As in, she is a hardcore player, spends days and nights levelling and honing her skills and can't just be killed with ease. ;)

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Ehhhmmm… sorry, I can't allow Nirvana to kill Peperton. Peperton is a hardcore player and a beater, it'd be way too hard for Nirvana to just kill her also because Titan (another beater) is with her. So i'm sorry.

Skymin is leaving? :c awwwww… well, I guess I should've trown in some more events instead of just two (since if SD posts the second event is nearing). Well, if you feel like returning someday, feel free to do so. I'll send Peperton's SU to you in a VM.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
What if Colony and I kill Pepperton, since we're together for the moment? I doubt Pepperton and Titan could overpower us. :)

Sapphire Rose

Years
What if Colony and I kill Pepperton, since we're together for the moment? I doubt Pepperton and Titan could overpower us. :)

No no no… I doubt you guys could overpower them together. Two beaters… level 15… hardcore players… against two normal player killers of level 13/14? Meh, it wouldn't make sense.

Wha-Why do you guys want to kill Peperton so badly?

I got the same thought actually.

Colony

Years
Aww... It's not that I really want to kill anybody, well, maybe a little, since Nirvana is a player killer. The main reason is that I feel a bit disadvantaged, and I really don't know how to put this without sounding really childish... Like, when I applied I didn't want to make my character overpowered by making him a higher level, but now 4 other people (including JNathan) have submitted SUs with at minimum two levels higher than me. I'm not really against that and it's fine that they are higher levels, but I see that at least one is even abusing it to the point that their first post has 72% experience to the next level... Maybe I really am being childish over this. I don't know, but I do know that I'm being out leveled instantly (and fast) and the fastest way to gain XP is to kill players. I just thought that it would be an opportunity to use those 'rights' as a player killer to even up the field, so sorry if I seemed too eager. *Grumble, grumble* Still think that a sneak oriented PKer would be on even playing field with a character that can't see them, or even has a way to detect them (not counting Titan)...

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
I think you're looking at this the wrong way. Being a beater doesn't instantly give a player Kirito level skills. Actually, for the purposes of this RP the beaters aren't cheaters at all, just beta testers like blue-hair knight guy in episode 2 (who clearly wasn't near Kirito-level). They are also barely 1-2 levels higher, hardly a significant gap.

Why not kill a character that won't be in the RP anymore anyway? While I would recommend Skymin have peperton go out gloriously saving someone or facing incredible odds, she doesn't need to write another post if she doesn't want to. But the fact still remains that having her die is a much more reasonable way to have her out of the RP than mysteriously disappearing.

Of course this is all under the assumption that Skymin never intends on returning ever.

Battle-wise, dotcom and nirvana would never be able to defeat both Peperton and Titan. However, if they focus on just Peperton instead of going for the tank at all (really, what is a tank when it's not taking damage?) they could possibly take her out (although definitely not unscathed) before being driven off by Titan.

Of course she could also just be defeated by a monster(s) or go somewhere else (never to be seen again) in another person's post.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
but I see that at least one is even abusing it to the point that their first post has 72% experience to the next level...

Well, uh... that's... something. I wouldn't call it abuse, to be honest it was just the first number I could think of off the top of my head, it's barely 3/4 through. I could probably change it, actually, considering there hasn't really been anything to do with it. As far as everyone in the RP is, though, 12 seems a medium-ish level.
I suppose I'll lower it, so long as that's alright. I'm liking 42. Hitchiker's Guide and all that.

Considering you're fighting a boss, there could easily be an XP potion drop, if it's any consolation :p As well as the load of XP you'd get from defeating the boss itself anyway.

At any rate, though, Turnip may well be stuck in awkwardness for a little while anyway. As much as he wants to grind, it could be a while before he's actually in the fray. He's had a few sceptical looks and things in the past, but nothing's really stopped him getting on with stuff. Delays are probable.

Colony

Years
Sorry, Epic, the word abuse may have been a bit over dramatic. I don't really want to single you out or anything. As far as the boss dropping anything like an XP potion, I don't think that would work. The whole idea of that quest boss was to get a special weapon. Anymore than that could easily be seen as pushing the boundary of what's fair, though I expect for miltank to get an item (of his choosing, other than the sword) as an enemy drop from the quest boss. Overall, my previous post was a bit of a rant and not necessarily all of my thoughts on the matter, so once again I apologize.

Geras seems to understand where I'm coming from. It's just a massive waste to have player killers when they can't even kill real players that are leaving. Add that to the fact that Nirvana and dotcom match up against Peperton and Titan rather well. Yes, Peperton and Titan are grind heavy players and Nirvana is a bit under leveled, but only one of them has <Detection> (the slower one at that), and both dotcom and Nirvana have very good attacks designed around <Hiding> and using distractions. I can't help but think we need that darn show Deadliest Warrior to figure this out. Though I would completely understand if Skymin planned on returning at some point, which would make a lot more sense than instantly saying Nirvana loses, nuff said. Dang it! I'm ranting again.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Dear Colony, your character should've leveled up atleast one time... I mean, check how many players and monsters he has killed. The reason I allowed higher leveled characters at this point is because the RP has already started and we're nearly about to find the teleport to the second floor.

As for Skymin's character. One of the other reasons I won't allow anyone to kill Peperton is because if Skymin wants to return at some point, she should be able to use Peperton again... unless she says that it's most likely that she won't return. If she says that... only THEN I might consider having you guys kill her since Skymin allowed it (sort of)

I never said that beaters had the same over-powered skills as Kirito had, I didn't even certify it like that. Beaters are merely players with more knowledge about the first 8 floors than others. The reason I find it unlikely that a player killer kills Peperton is because she's a hardcore grinder and Titan (another grinder) is with her, not because she's a beater.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Sorry, that was a bad comparison. I didn't mean to imply that you had said that. All I meant was that being a grinder only means they have power. That really says nothing in relation to skill. Grinding requires you to spend a lot of time on a game, not to be good at it. Of course I'm well aware that she is in fact good at the game, I just think tactics should be given a little more consideration than level in deciding the winner of a fight.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Err, sorry I haven't started yet, went out last night and was busy all day today. I'll try sneak a post in today if I can aha

Colony

Years
Okay, okay. I get it. I'll drop the whole killing Peperton idea. You're right, I obviously didn't manage my character the right way and it is now showing. I will take note and try to allocate XP properly from now on.

Edit: Perhaps that was a bit of an exaggeration, and if that came off as rude or offensive then I am truly sorry. I would, however, like a decent guide line to what a PK, quest boss, or floor boss XP yield is. I really don't think I have a good understanding of how you want it to be, so any help would be appreciated.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Last edited:

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
I would, however, like a decent guide line to what a PK, quest boss, or floor boss XP yield is. I really don't think I have a good understanding of how you want it to be, so any help would be appreciated.

Yeah, I'm in that boat as well. And yeah, it's alright about the whole "abuse" thing, it's perfectly understandable. I think we could all benefit from some kind of XP guideline though. I mean, I've thought about it before, considering general yields from D&D by playing games like Baldur's Gate, but the monsters don't really work in the same way. I mean, if we counted everyone as a fighter and used the same required XP for levelling, then we could assign XP yield values for mobs and level accordingly. Thing is, though, that might only govern up to level 40 or so.

Doesn't help, either, that I'm a bit of a n00b in terms of SAO. I don't remember what shows on a character and what doesn't - since Turnip shows up as an NPC, doesn't that mean that people can't see if he's a PKer or not? Could lead to interesting confrontations (although just for the record, he isn't one). Also not entirely sure on the kind of enemies there are...

Anyhow, I'm posting again. WolfOfEve's post got me a little confused, since it's mentioned that Fester and Rose ran off, and they'd now caught up to Lucina and Robin (I didn't really expect a situation like that to occur). I don't think Khawill mentioned anything about them leaving in his post :p Anyhow, I've tried my best to leave it more-or-less unspecified as to who exactly is there. I've said "group of five", but Turnip wasn't exactly paying attention.

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
Colony&True Epicness- the benefit of being a Pk'er is that you get extra experience points when you kill a player + you'll be able to "steal" the dead player's stuff like armor and weapons. A disadvantage of being a PK'er is that other players can easely see if you'rea PK'er or not (by the red arrow above their heads). Red arrows don't stand out tho since almost no one takes notice of the colors of the arrows.

Any more questions? c:

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Yes. Approximately how long would it take to power level up to 15 from 12 while in the field? Is there any spots where a normal player could be able to to visit where EXP gains are higher than normal without being a Betatester?

Colony

Years
@Pink: That's not really what I was asking/saying. When I was talking about benefits I was making a sarcastic remark. My only real question regarded how you said Nirvana should've already leveled up. Specifically how there is this massive misconception on XP yield from players, bosses, and monsters. If I had known that Nirvana had done enough fighting to warrant a level up I would have undoubtedly done so.

Hopefully, this doesn't sound excessive, but I guess it's too late now. The yield I used for Sindri was 46% and the quest yield was 30%, add that to Nirvana's already 27% and now he has leveled up to level 11. So, now he's only slightly underleveled...

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
@Pink: That's not really what I was asking/saying. When I was talking about benefits I was making a sarcastic remark. My only real question regarded how you said Nirvana should've already leveled up. Specifically how there is this massive misconception on XP yield from players, bosses, and monsters. If I had known that Nirvana had done enough fighting to warrant a level up I would have undoubtedly done so.

Hopefully, this doesn't sound excessive, but I guess it's too late now. The yield I used for Sindri was 46% and the quest yield was 30%, add that to Nirvana's already 27% and now he has leveled up to level 11. So, now he's only slightly underleveled...

Uhm… yeah… I admit that there is a very bad levelling system because we haven't thought about a good one yet. We could invent a levelling system with "each monster is 5% XP" but I just know that some players will make theirselves overpowered by fighting monsters the whole time.

I will keep track of your posts and tell you when Nirvana will level up. I can make a special quest for Nirvana where the reward is a level potion, regarding that Nirvana should've levelled up already. How does that sound?

IceFyr- it's very hard to level up from 12 to 15 since the monsters will get too weak to give decent experience points. Your character can enter the depts of the dungeons to find higher levelled monsters.

I'm sorry for my absence lately, i've got some problems that make me unable to get on sometimes. It won't happen again

Last edited:

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
it's very hard to level up from 12 to 15 since the monsters will get too weak to give decent experience points.

Yeah, that was the problem I had with using Baldur's Gate rules, as a fighter at least. From level 9 onwards, it's just a constant 250k XP to level up for each level. Other games might work more similarly to SAO, but in general the levelling/XP system is hidden in the code. In BG it's more or less right in front of you.

(Also, a side note, Accepted Characters still hasn't been updated)

Back