• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
I think it's impossible with standard method, and it's very difficult to do using High-level hacking methods... You probably have to find Attack bank, understand the way attacks are stored in, and then repoint the bank...
Could it maybe be done the way more overworld sprites are done?
Repointing the attack bank and then adding more attacks. Then you edit the attacks with an attack editor.
Idk im probably thinking wrong. Im not new at rom hacking but I'm not an expert either...

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Could it maybe be done the way more overworld sprites are done?
Repointing the attack bank and then adding more attacks. Then you edit the attacks with an attack editor.
Idk im probably thinking wrong. Im not new at rom hacking but I'm not an expert either...

Can be done, easily. It is just repointing the attack bank. Animations are tricky though; I personally have no idea how to work them (and not having an animation will make the game crash when a new attack is used).

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Can be done, easily. It is just repointing the attack bank. Animations are tricky though; I personally have no idea how to work them (and not having an animation will make the game crash when a new attack is used).

ah...
well is it possible to point to different attacks to the same animation?

Larsie13

In the FR/LG Trainer Tower, the trainers pokémon are the same level as the player's highest leveled pokémon.
I searched for those trainers with a-trainer, and I couldn't finde them. I tried to look at their script, but a-map gives an error and their script offset is $000000.

So I had no luck fining out how to do this (opponents level = highest player level). However, I 'need' this for a Battle Frontier in Fire Red. If it can't be done, I will sticky with some random levels above 50.

That's done with ASM I think. So, unless you know ASM, you'll have a hard time editing them.

Goldie

Trainer from the Boonies
Years
How can I edit what a someone says in the game with a hex editor? Basically how can I edit text with Hexecute or Hex Workshop but I sort of prefer Hexecute.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
ah...
well is it possible to point to different attacks to the same animation?
probably yes, it's possible

How can I edit what a someone says in the game with a hex editor? Basically how can I edit text with Hexecute or Hex Workshop but I sort of prefer Hexecute.
you have to load a Text Table in your text editor... i don't know where you can find a pokemon text table

Last edited:

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
I've got a major problem... I've been working on a game and everything worked fine. But now at some points in some maps the game restarts :(. There are no scripts or anything and I have no idea what's causing it. I just walk somewhere and all of a sudden the game restarts. Has anyone else had this before? Please help me! I'm uploading a video to show what's happening.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
I've got a major problem... I've been working on a game and everything worked fine. But now at some points in some maps the game restarts :(. There are no scripts or anything and I have no idea what's causing it. I just walk somewhere and all of a sudden the game restarts. Has anyone else had this before? Please help me! I'm uploading a video to show what's happening.
maybe some people in map have the behaviour "hidden"? This often cause game restart

Pellio

Dragonair :D
Years
Sorry if this has been answered already, but I couldn't see anything anywhere.
Was just wondering if anybody knew of any hacking tools for Mac OS X? I have downloaded CrossOver which allows me to use Windows programes but only AdvanceMap and unLZGBA actually load up with it. Nothing happens when I try to open AdvanceMart, AdvanceText, OverWorldEditor etc. eventhough they have the CrossOver symbol like the two that do work. Have tried downloading them from different places to see if that helps, just need to know if there's any way to get these programes to run, if I need to download anything else? Or if there are just tools for Macs, would be much easier!

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
Sorry if this has been answered already, but I couldn't see anything anywhere.
Was just wondering if anybody knew of any hacking tools for Mac OS X? I have downloaded CrossOver which allows me to use Windows programes but only AdvanceMap and unLZGBA actually load up with it. Nothing happens when I try to open AdvanceMart, AdvanceText, OverWorldEditor etc. eventhough they have the CrossOver symbol like the two that do work. Have tried downloading them from different places to see if that helps, just need to know if there's any way to get these programes to run, if I need to download anything else? Or if there are just tools for Macs, would be much easier!

Have you tried looking here:
www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=154671

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so I pulled some D/P sprites from a Ruby hack and am trying to put them in a Fire Red rom(using unlz.gba) the problem occurs when i hit write to rom.

I put in the image on the left but after hitting write to rom the image on the left appears in the game. This happens with pretty much every sprite I try to insert. So how do I fix this?

dialgafront.png
da.png

Last edited:

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Ok so I pulled some D/P sprites from a Ruby hack and am trying to put them in a Fire Red rom(using unlz.gba) the problem occurs when i hit write to rom.

I put in the image on the left but after hitting write to rom the image on the left appears in the game. This happens with pretty much every sprite I try to insert. So how do I fix this?

dialgafront.png
da.png

Image isn't indexed (hasn't been reduced to the GBA's 16-color standard). When you pulled it from the other rom, it's been saved as a full color image, rather than a 16-color one. Download IrfanView, and reduce the pallete with that... Oh! And you have recieved permission to use the sprite, yes?

To everyone else! Anyone know empty RAM areas in Ruby? La-de-da...

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Online now

dialgafront.png
da.png

The reson could be that they are too big. They are already indexed as they were already in a hack. Re-insert them using torferno-x's new pokemon inserting. Insert it into blank space, and see what happens.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I change a pallete in APE, then I check in UnLZ.GBA. The pallete is corrupted. How do I fix those kind of things?

I imported a 16-color pal.

This is how it looks in UnLZ.GBA:
1.png

This is how it looks in APE:
2.png

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
I change a pallete in APE, then I check in UnLZ.GBA. The pallete is corrupted. How do I fix those kind of things?

I imported a 16-color pal.

This is how it looks in UnLZ.GBA:
1.png

This is how it looks in APE:
2.png
Uhm... maybe they aren't Lz77 compressed palette's: so you have to deselect the option "compressed palettes (LZ77)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back