Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive > Beginner's Lounge
Reload this Page question about over world sprites

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Beginner's Lounge Just started your game? Come here to get help from experienced members, and to develop your game even further.

Old December 1st, 2011 (11:07 PM).

hi there im just starting to try and make a pokemon game. I want to make some over world pokemon encounters, the file image i dwonloaded with the sprites when i load it into my material database and try and insert one the selection box is huge. How do i resize this so that I can select just the one single sprite that I want to use.

thanks for your help
Old December 2nd, 2011 (05:45 AM).
Master of everything!

Quote originally posted by Kasek:
hi there im just starting to try and make a pokemon game. I want to make some over world pokemon encounters, the file image i dwonloaded with the sprites when i load it into my material database and try and insert one the selection box is huge. How do i resize this so that I can select just the one single sprite that I want to use.

thanks for your help
People should know by now where to post essentials related questions. In the thread that was made for essentials.
To change the size of the selection box you're going to need to format the image so that it is compatible with RMXP. The system runs on tiles which are 32X32 each in size on the image file, so the best bet is dependent on how big each sprite of the pokemon is you make an adjustment to each block size for example, if the pokemon was in the 64X64 range on it's size you would divide the image up so it would of tile slots of 64X64 in the formation of 4X3.
Old December 2nd, 2011 (07:00 AM).

sorry for posting in the wrong section, thanks for the reply tho ill give it a try afdter work and see if it works
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links