• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
You probably know about these, but I'm reporting it anyways:

LoGBug1.png

This happens after you talk to your rival, go into a house, and go out again. It disappears after the Hevah academy.

LoGBug2.png

On my way to oceanshine city for th first time, if I talk to him, this is what happens...
LoGBug2-2.png

I decided to start a new game with a new patch, using 7.0 when this happened. My ROM is definitely clean. :/

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2016
I can't find the cave in White Path.

I got two Ruby Destiny Fragments already but my first one us not from Chaomega but the elder in Rintah Town. My second fragment is from Champion Joseph.

I tried using version 4.0, 6.8 and 7.0 by the way.

Last edited:

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
Years
I must say, the music selection is impeccable. Utada's Hikari/Simple and Clean, Lost woods, and The techno themes on musicdj on a Sony Ericsson Phone xD Don't know what I mean?

Greatest. Music. Ever.

EDIT: Where can you find Dunsparce, after reaching one of the locations it's supposed to be in and searching for nearly an hour, I still have no luck. Either the pokedex is lying to me, or its reallyreallyreallyreallyreally rare. *-*

EDIT EDIT: Found it in a different place. ^-^;

Last edited:
Years
I must say, the music selection is impeccable. Utada's Hikari/Simple and Clean, Lost woods, and The techno themes on musicdj on a Sony Ericsson Phone xD Don't know what I mean?

Greatest. Music. Ever.

EDIT: Where can you find Dunsparce, after reaching one of the locations it's supposed to be in and searching for nearly an hour, I still have no luck. Either the pokedex is lying to me, or its reallyreallyreallyreallyreally rare. *-*

You're right I was started to think that I was the only one thinking about that
really loved the Lost Shadow theme *cough*Riku theme*cough*

DJG, could you please upload some kind of album of the music remixes of this game!!?? I could record it from the game but I guess you have the music files on youre harddrive so the quality is better (without other back ground noices like a growling Poocheyena.)

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2013
yo djg i am in dusk path mineral cave an this pokemon kepps on putting me out whaat to do????????? by the way nice hack so after this one are done with the hacking bussiness ?

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
Years
Even though this is just a Pokemon game and I like to pretend I have a heart of stone, the 'Bad side' is still ripping my heart out :( I don't wanna take Angeallen from Nicolas T-T

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
i'm at the part of the game where, after helping defeat the dark org. at Rintah town your given the option of going into the aircraft or returning to breeze. I've been trying to return to breeze isle but the sea route between Hevah academy and breeze isle has sort of cut off/vanished. :/ i have an image but i'm still a newb so i cant use urls in a post yet...please dont tell me i need to start again T^T

SkieTheKitsune

Hi, I'm FoxMan! I physically cannot change my user
Years
Just thought I'd pop in and say this.
iseewhatyoudidthere.png

>Twilight Path
>Sparkle Path

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

...But in all seriousness, this hack is great. I do want to point out one minor thing I've noticed (spoiler tagged for those who haven't gotten there yet)

Spoiler:

Also, the music that plays in Low Point Path, White Path, and anywhere else nearby Highpoint City is just a little bit too loud. And by a little bit, I mean it's earrape compared to the rest of the music in the hack. :I

Anyways, fantastic job on this, I'm still playing through it so I'll pop in to point out anything else I might find. :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2016
what do i do after i get the 6th badge? i havent got the last two but wen i go talk to the pyramid thingy it says to go the hevah league? thanks :)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
what do i do after i get the 6th badge? i havent got the last two but wen i go talk to the pyramid thingy it says to go the hevah league? thanks :)

Go back to Guardian Town and defeat the Elemental Master there and then you can head to the Hevah League...

Just thought I'd pop in and say this.
iseewhatyoudidthere.png

>Twilight Path
>Sparkle Path

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

I didn't get it at first but now, OMG I didn't do that on purpose! xD
Thanks for the laugh! :D

In Highpoint City (the first time you reach it), you can talk to Light and get that bit of dialogue he has with you before getting captured by the fake Leon knights. You can then talk to him a second time after going through that whole cutscene.

Really?
I'll check on this.

Also, the music that plays in Low Point Path, White Path, and anywhere else nearby Highpoint City is just a little bit too loud. And by a little bit, I mean it's earrape compared to the rest of the music in the hack. :I

And yeah, I know, but I didn't bother to change it.
Maybe when I feel like it?

i'm at the part of the game where, after helping defeat the dark org. at Rintah town your given the option of going into the aircraft or returning to breeze. I've been trying to return to breeze isle but the sea route between Hevah academy and breeze isle has sort of cut off/vanished. :/ i have an image but i'm still a newb so i cant use urls in a post yet...please dont tell me i need to start again T^T

You don't need to start all over.
You must have missed the walkable part...

Wow this has progressed so much since last I checked! By 'this is Beta 7 of the final release', does that mean the game can be played through to the end?

It's not beta 7, it's version 7 of the final release, and yeah, you can play the game to the end.

Even though this is just a Pokemon game and I like to pretend I have a heart of stone, the 'Bad side' is still ripping my heart out :( I don't wanna take Angeallen from Nicolas T-T

:(

yo djg i am in dusk path mineral cave an this pokemon kepps on putting me out whaat to do????????? by the way nice hack so after this one are done with the hacking bussiness ?

Go to Lustersand Town and talk to Kronz and earn his symbol/badge.

DJG, could you please upload some kind of album of the music remixes of this game!!?? I could record it from the game but I guess you have the music files on youre harddrive so the quality is better (without other back ground noices like a growling Poocheyena.)

I have been reformatting my computer for years now, and so, unfortunately, I don't have the sound files anymore... :(

I can't find the cave in White Path.

I got two Ruby Destiny Fragments already but my first one us not from Chaomega but the elder in Rintah Town. My second fragment is from Champion Joseph.

I tried using version 4.0, 6.8 and 7.0 by the way.

Could you send me your saved file please...?

You probably know about these, but I'm reporting it anyways:

LoGBug1.png

This happens after you talk to your rival, go into a house, and go out again. It disappears after the Hevah academy.

LoGBug2.png

On my way to oceanshine city for th first time, if I talk to him, this is what happens...
LoGBug2-2.png

I decided to start a new game with a new patch, using 7.0 when this happened. My ROM is definitely clean. :/

I'll try to play the game once again and see if those occur. =/

UltraXTheMagmaDrapion

I regret most of my past behavior here lol.
Years
It's not beta 7, it's version 7 of the final release, and yeah, you can play the game to the end.
Oh ok, I must have misread >.<
I'm glad you finished it! And that I can finally play it (I have a personal rule against playing beta versions of hacks)!

Is this the conclusion of the series or will there be more? :O

Years
There are probably some errors in some of the trainer's Pokemon. I seen a video of Low Point Path and Hex Maniac Kindra has a Growlithe. Oh and the Battle Girl named Jaycee is still called a Black Belt and there is a Fisherman Abigail in Boquet Field. I'm not sure if these have been fixed. Also when can you enter Vextra Forest for the first time? I like the music used in the game like the remixes of Vermilion, Route 3, and the Kanto Gym Leader themes from Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
just recently started the series. but djg u really outdid yourself with LoG! Was probably the best pokemon game i ever played!

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2012
where can i get tm thunderbolt and flash. and when it says u have to go to mineral cave in dardusk path i went in there and saw the rare pokemon but all it says is grr... and teleports me out, what do i do?

Last edited:

Raffix

Pokemon Academic
Years
  • Seen May 29, 2015
Hey DJG
sweet hack, but found some bugs (if you care)
When heading up to Highpoint town for the first time, Light is there. If you talk to him, he crashes your game, but if you ignore him and try to go up to the town, his script where he asks you to listen to him to prove he's good is activated prematurely. This doesn't affect the game, as if you just run through it, then play on, you will run into it again.
Also, on the route North of Rainbow city, if you try to catch a Buizel, your game crashes. Buizel is overpowered, having the move "Deep Water" that will OHKO a Wartortle 10 levels higher...
Finally, the day/night system is weird, i set the clock as a night time, and it hasn't changed since!
Anyways, great hack! thanks for all the hard work!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows if Charizard is able to learn Pyro Strike by levelup, and if so, what level (I believe my Charizard is lv. 80 and has not yet learned it)l? I have the TM, but I don't wanna use it if Charizard can learn it by leveling up... Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this.

Buizel is overpowered, having the move "Deep Water" that will OHKO a Wartortle 10 levels higher...!
Yeah I found that odd... I caught a Buizel early and it had evolved into a Floatzel by the time I encountered one of these "overpowered" Buizel. This level 20-something Buizel took 4 Sparks from a level 31 Luxray and OHKO'd it with Deep Water... it also OHKO'd Floatzel whose moves didn't do even 1/8 the damage Buizel's did. I tried to catch it, but it was nearly impossible... so I got angry and decided to use save states... One hour later... it still wasn't captured. The Suvir, the mother virus, was much easier to catch... ._. and I thought it would be impossible to get since it's not a normal Pokemon... oh well. xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
so i put a ditto and a skarmory in the daycare to get a better natured skarmory but when i hatched the egg it came out as a ????????? lvl 63 and when i look at the stats it crashes the game. is it just a bad egg or are all eggs like this?

Also how what are the evolution requirements for skarmory to evolve into skarmiger?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back