• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[DE] CODING [M] [OOC + SU]

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Johto_Town_Map_GSC.png
Kanto_Town_Map_GSC.png

[SIZE="+5"][DE] CODING[/SIZE]
Rated M for mIrAcLeS

[ T H E M E - S O N G ]
[ T H E M E - S O N G - 2 ]

IC THREAD | [S-HIGHLIGHT]OOC THREAD[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

--- the BACKGROUND ---

This world. The world of Pokémon which you've all came to love and cherish so much. This world right here, this thing isn't real. This world was someone's creation, and just how it was made all of a sudden, it can be deleted with ease. And it will, if you don't do something about it.

It all began in Japan in 1996. A pair of games that would revolt in gaming-history were released. These were Pokémon Red Version and Pokemon Blue Version. Their simple, pixelated world, inhabited by 150 fantastic creatures -the Pokémon- soo proved to be a major money maker for Nintendo.

The world they created -the region of Kanto- was perfect. Yet the recent fanbase wanted something else. Pokémon Yellow was then released in 1998. This game gave the players a small glimpse of colored maps. And it also granted them a Pikachu that would follow them around at all times.

It was formidable. But it wasn't enough...

For one year the developers witnessed how the world they created was growing. As time went by, the leaders changed, more Pokémon began to show up, and people began settling in next to the Indigo Plateau, in an enourmous landmass that came to be known as Johto with the release of this new world in Pokémon Gold Version and Pokémon Silver Version in 1999.

This world was further expanded at the beginning of the XXI century within Pokémon Crystal. It was now perfect. Truly marevlous. But the demands of the gamers were each time higher. This world couldn't grow at the rate it was expected to... It must be destroyed so that a new, better one replaces it.

This world will slowly wither as it is extraceted from its motherboard in which it developed. Pokémon will perish, Trainers will be consumed by madness, and eventually... everything will die. It is then that Gen III will take over Gen II.

--- the PLOT & STORY ---

The region of Johto is dying behind everyone's back. The Pokémon populace is slowly, yet steadily dissapearing, and all professors are clueless as to why this happens.

A mysterious entity has sent a letter to several young, aspiring Trainers. Their journeys haven't begun yet, and this person knows it. That's why, attached to this note, were six Pokéballs. One of which contained a Pokémon already, whose species was already specified in the envelope that encased them.

Dearest Young One:

I have decided to reach you via my sources. It has come to my mind that some rather strange phenomena is plaging the region. Have you noticed the fact that there are no Sentret left to be seen in all of Johto? This and many other happenings have drawn the attention of several minds of the land.

But we're all clueless as to what is causing this. We know not of who, what or why this all began to occur in the very first place. We even lost comunication with Kanto. Who knows if they haven't perished by this phenomena already?

We need all help as possible investigating this, and this is where you come in. I require the help of you, amonghst many other people, to help me inquire about these happening. How they spread and how the locals of Johto have been affected. And I know it's no easy task, but I also know you've been itching to begin a Journey of your own for quite some time. Which is why I have decided to gift you a Pokémon and some Pokéballs. That way your dream of traveling the land of Johto will come true, regardless of you helping us out or not. That's what it means to be kind, after all.

Alongside this, you'll also find a Pokégear. There's nothing but a Phone card attached to it as of now, but soon you'll recieve a call for one of my subordinates, indicating what your first mission would be. You are free to do as ypu will as long as you end up completing your mission.

Be careful Trainer.

--- YG ---

--- YOU ---

You are a young male or female. Your age ranges around 15 and 18 years, and you live in the Johto region. You received the envelope that was previously mentioned, and for whatever reason agreed with the terms imposed by this guy. You know not what is expecting you, and you may have several struggles along your journey. But the whole Pokémon world as we know it hangs on a string. And it depends of you if you let it be sliced in half by a pair of scissors or preserve it for whatever it's left for its existence.

This RP is sort of a Journey one... to an extent. We will explore Johto, and earn a few badges here and there. But the point of the RP is not being the best there's ever been, but to save the world you live at before it is destroyed. How charming, huh?

--- the STARTER pokémon ---

001.png
004.png
007.png
025.png
052.png

058.png
079.png
147.png
152.png
155.png

158.png
179.png
228.png
231.png
246.png

Each and everyone of these Pokémon will have its moveset assigned by the GM based on the strength of your SU. This is to say that magnificent SUs will result in magnificent movesets. They all start at LV. 5, do not forget moves and don't have a limit as to how many moves they can know at a time. Levels are gained at GM discretion and also based upon your quality of posts.

--- the RULES ---

As per usual, GM word is law.
All Forum-Wide Rules, as well as those specific to the RP Corner apply.
All RPers are to remain polite amongst each other. Any conflicts are to be brought in private with the GM so that we don't plague this thread with drama.
All discussions about the RP go in the OOC Thread. All of the actual posting goes in the IC Thread.
Do not god mod, power play or meta-play.
Rating is M. It satand for mature and allows romance, coarse language and gore TO A DEGREE. It shouldn't take you an entire page to describe a wound or a kiss. We don't want people throwing up over the IC Thread.
All questions are allowed, and even encouraged! I like to answer stuff so don't hesitate to ask.
You have to post at least once a week so that I know you're alive. Failure in doing so without a reason will result in a warning. Three warnings result in you being booted out of the RP and the spot being opened for another person that wants to join. So, please, try to remain active... and don't drop this RP like it's hot.
Reservations aren't given in this RP. I will wait for a couple of SUs to show up, then I'll choose those that I like. HARR HARR HARR THIS RULE IS VOID.
Type that someone in your character's history went "er mah gerd" to prove you read the rules.

--- the SIGN-UP template ---

Name: First Name and Surname. Nicknames, middle names and additional names are allowed but not necessary.
Gender: Male, Female or Canadian. Please denote if your character is "special".
Appearance: The way they look. 2 paragraphs minimum.
Personality: Their traits, quirks, allegiances, beliefs and... ahem... their issues. All that kind of stuff. Two paragraphs at least.
Backstory: All events that occurred to them up to this point. Two paragraphs minimum. Please discuss with me first if you want to keep your history somewhat unexplained, cause I ain't no mind-reader to know that you're hiding stuff on purpose. And you don't need to have a tragic backstory. A happy child can still make for an epic character.​

--- the CAST ---

Tony Spade [aka Jenna Matthews], Roleplayed by First Snow
Spoiler:

Hector Mikhail, Roleplayed by Tokio
Spoiler:

Eris Athena Komnini, Roleplayed by Lt. Col. Fantastic
Spoiler:

Enzo Ricci, Roleplayed by Obscurity
Spoiler:

Wilson Adams, Roleplayed by -Sam
Spoiler:

RESERVED by Sovereign.
Spoiler:

Jane Egbert, Roleplayed by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
Spoiler:

Serene Linge, Roleplayed by Miss Doronjo
Spoiler:

Last edited:

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
May I reserve a spot for Mareep? I won't be able to start for a while today though since I am going to the beach and the closest one from where I live is a couple of hours away.

Years
Name: Hector Mikhail
Appearance: Hector looks a couple of years younger than he actually is. He's short and slim, though his face is slightly rounded. No matter how much he tries to exercise and ingest extra protein, he can't seem to build muscle or get past the first few stages of puberty (well, in his eyes. He has technically gone through it). Nevertheless, one can still sense the strength and determination he has through his fierce, ruby-eyed stare and his nearly ever-present sneer. He deliberately marrs his facial cuteness through this aggressive glare, and baring off-white teeth to people who irritate him. Despite this, however, some people still consider him pretty adorable, with his large eyes and delicate nose and lips. His hair is rather interesting, dyed a gorgeous shade of violet-blue (it was meant to be bright purple, but he screwed up when he was mixing the dyes). It's not terribly long but he gels his bangs back so they're no longer in his face (save for right near his ears). Again, he's physically rather small and his shoulders are rather narrow, as well as his overall body. He could be mistaken for a girl from the back, even though he doesn't quite have the smooth and curvy body of a woman. All of this just adds to his irritation and anger, further reinforcing his attempts to make himself physically more like what he wants to be.

He wears clothes that reflect his unhappiness with his body, a puffy hoodie over a long-sleeved shirt, scuffed and baggy denim jeans, and thick, sturdy shoes. His hoodie, though puffy, fits him rather well and is a dull shade of grey. It zips up the middle and has the logo of some metal band no one but Hector and other angry teenage boys really likes on the front. When it's hot, he simply zips it open and takes his arms out of the sleeves, letting it rest on his shoulders like a bulky cape. When he does this, his average shirt choice can be seen. As he's not the most fashion-conscious young man, his shirts are usually white with colored sleeves. He has quite the variety, even though they're all identical save for the color on his arms. These shirts hug his slight frame rather snugly, but in this case he doesn't mind. His jeans are nothing out of the ordinary, a well-loved pair that his parents hoped he would grow into. While he didn't, he's getting closer and closer and it's almost fitting well. His shoes range from strong running shoes to good-quality boots, ideal for any sort of travel. He wears a heavy-duty black backpack upon his back, filled with odds and ends he's sure will help him on his journey - a sleeping bag, food rations, and other practical things.

Personality: Hector, as can be gleaned from his appearance, is one of those people who try to act tough in order to mask their insecurities. Inside, he's just an unhappy young man who's worried about his masculinity and how others around him perceive him, but outwardly he projects the image of a tough punk who just happens to look a bit younger than expected. He's rude, uncaring, and isn't afraid to mock people for their mistakes. He's full of bravado and full of lies, prone to telling people about things he's done (like hard drugs, or getting wasted out of his mind, or banging soooo many chicks that one night), when really he's still a little nervous and apprehensive about full leaping into the rebellious archetypes. He's extremely sensitive to insults and criticisms, facing enough of those internally, and lashes out when he feels his status and self-esteem is being threatened.

However, he's not entirely a jerk. He looks up to those who are older than he is and who have the ability to command his respect while still being tolerant and even liking him back. Not to say this is an easy feat, of course. During this journey, though, he promised his parents he would tone down a little - since he now has something to occupy his attention and energy, his parents requested that he at least try to make some friends that aren't a danger to himself or the community. So he's trying to learn how to be friendly again, how to appreciate others even when they're not awesome and perfect. He'll likely screw up a lot, but there's no other way to do it, right? At the very least, he's becoming kinder to Pokemon (rather than those days gone by when he'd see truly violent fights rather than battles, and he'd help to stir up his side's fighter).

Backstory: Hector was born to a pretty ordinary family. His parents were ex-trainers who decided to settle down in Violet City. Within a few years they decided to have a child... and were pleasantly (or not-so-pleasantly) surprised to find they were expecting twins. Hector was born first, and his sister arrived about half an hour later. As toddlers, they were nothing terribly special; simply two happy, adorable children. This changed when they began to go to school. While Hector was by no means stupid, he was always second-best compared to his sister. She'd always beat him in sports, tests, anything! Naturally, this spurred the boy into trying harder... but it was never good enough. His parents would still praise him and were genuinely proud of him, but he always believed it was just lies and that they really preferred his sister.

This all got worse when he entered middle school. He was always a bit shorter and smaller than other boys, but now it was really becoming pronounced. He just couldn't seem to develop that far. And, naturally, although he was fairly well-liked in elementary school, he started being picked on and teased. He was called a girl, asked if he was on his period if he snapped back at the bullies, and overall just made to think he was less of a man than every other guy. It really wasn't hard for him to start believing that. So when he began high school, he tried to change his image. Join a gang, hang out with bad kids, everything he knew from movies that would make him seem tougher. By this point his sister was out travelling on her own Pokemon journey, but he could have really cared less at that point. Pokemon didn't interest him. His grades deteriorated and he still wasn't happy, even though he wasn't being made fun of nearly as much. His parents were getting seriously worried. But one day, out of the blue, Hector received a mysterious package full of Pokeballs with a letter attached. He was sort of confused, not really keeping up with the news, but something about this excited him. He didn't really care about Pokemon, no... but he was chosen. He was picked. Not his sister, not anyone else he knew. It was enough to spark a bit of hope in him, and even his parents noticed him being a bit more cheerful. Eventually, he told them, and even showed off his new Totodile. I would put in the "er mah gerd" thing from the rules right about now, but this isn't entirely appropriate for this sort of backstory, now is it? They allowed him to go off on this journey, even though they were a little dubious, because anything would be better than what he was doing at that point.​

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years
Wow, loads of posts :D
And here I was thinking this was lame xD

I'd like to reserve Lavitar if that's okay, although I can't promise I'll be able to actually join.

I should be able to post a Su by late tonight, so I would like to reserve Houndour if possible

Spoiler:

May I reserve a spot for Mareep? I won't be able to start for a while today though since I am going to the beach and the closest one from where I live is a couple of hours away.

I'd like to reserve Pikachu, if that's okay. I'm real interested in getting into another Pokemon RP again, and this one looks intriguing.

Could I please reserve Totodile? I'll get my SU up as soon as I can.

Mmm... I know I said I wasn't going to reserve spots... But seeing how much interested this has gathered thus far, I'll make an exception for... ALL OF YOU! :D
YOU GET A RESERVATION, YOU GET A RESERVATION, EVERYONE GETS A RESERVATION! *throws reservations everywhere*

... Aaaaanyways. Yeah. Larvitar, Houndour, Mareep, Pikachu and Tottodile are all reserved for 48 hours.
@gimmepie. It's okay if you can't join BUT IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF YOU DID, so don't push yourself if you do not want to o3o
@First Snow. LOL, it's okay xD At least you have a beach where you live. I only have desert sand that ain't the least bit pretty :[

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Theres always something magical about Pokemon Rp's like this :3 I'd like to reserve Chikorita....no Dratini....no Chikorita...IM SO CONFLICTED *innie minnie miney mo....."

Okay looks like im going with Dratini! Sorry dear, sweet, precious Chikorita.

IN SHORT: Reserve me for Dratini! Please!

Chalifoux

Years
Theres always something magical about Pokemon Rp's like this :3 I'd like to reserve Chikorita....no Dratini....no Chikorita...IM SO CONFLICTED *innie minnie miney mo....."

Okay looks like im going with Dratini! Sorry dear, sweet, precious Chikorita.

IN SHORT: Reserve me for Dratini! Please!

LOL, okay xD Dratini is now RESERVED! :D
just know that there's a sad Chikorita crying somewhere right now

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
LOL, okay xD Dratini is now RESERVED! :D
just know that there's a sad Chikorita crying somewhere right now

It kills me on the inside (Chikorita is my favorite pokemon ever) but INNIE MINNIE MINEY MO HAS SPOKEN!

Also, I'm going to a wedding today so Sign Up in by Tomorrow night, maybe?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
SU Prototype:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Oh wow, this looks really interesting. May I reserve a spot with... err... Growlithe or Cyndaquil... erm... I can't choose, I love both equally D:

Ok, I've decided now. I'll start with Growlithe ^ 3^ SU coming soon!

Chalifoux

Years
^u^ Sure!
Both the dear, sweet, precious Slowpoke and the ever-so-awesome Growlithe are now reserved! :D

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
Would I be able to reserve Phanphy please? It's just SOOOOO cute and I need it and I want it and please :3.

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
Placeholder, if there is any chance there is anything left. xD (Bulbasaur?)

Last edited:

Obscurity

Princess of Pithiness
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Jul 10, 2013
Thanks for the reservation, I'll be sure to have the SU around shortly. Hopefully before the end of tomorrow. :3

Chalifoux

Years
Would I be able to reserve Phanphy please? It's just SOOOOO cute and I need it and I want it and please :3.

I know, it's just oh so sweet and adorable :3
RESERVED!

If there's any more room left, I'd like to reserve Chikorita :]

You got it!
RESERVED! ;]

Placeholder, if there is any chance there is anything left. xD (Bulbasaur?)

Do you always want to reserve Bulbasaur? xD
RESERVED! :D

Thanks for the reservation, I'll be sure to have the SU around shortly. Hopefully before the end of tomorrow. :3

You're welcome, and I'll be waiting for those eleven sign-ups with extreme excitement! :D
That's eleven reservations within a time frame of 24 hours. W O W xD
Let's see if we can fill that one last spot! o3o

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
Pfft, I don't always try to reserve Bulbasaur, silly Elite. I just haven't had the chance to try one out in a roleplay yet. Plus it is my second favorite grass starter (behind Treeko).

Thank you for the reserve! I will have the SU up as soon as I can. Though I am leaving for a trip tomorrow, but I will be bringing my laptop! So no worries. :3

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
If there's any more room left, I'd like to reserve Chikorita :]

YOU BASTARD.

If I can't have Chikorita, nobody can! *Shoots the thread up with a tommy gun*

Ha, Jk. I'm glad somebody wanted her! :P

EDIT: Sign up is complete! (i think)

My SIGN-UP thing

Name: Eris Athena Komnini

Appearance: Eris is a relatively petite girl standing at 5'5" and weighing in at 110 lbs. She has olive based fair skin and crystal blue eyes along with brownish-red, mid-length, curly hair, something she shares with most of her family. Her bright red lips stand out not only for their size, but because she is almost always smiling. She isn't particularly muscular but she is slim and fit due to her hobby of running. She likes to paint her nails bright red or purple, depending on her clothing. Speaking of clothing, she loves dresses, picking out the pretiest ones from her mother's thrift shop to wear. She also loves shoes of all kinds: high heels, flip flops, sneakers, clogs, etc. She tends to match colors between dresses, shoes, belts, and hats quite often, taking advantage of her mom's occupation to fit the bill for her wardrobe.

Face Picture. Warning: ITS GIGANTIC
Spoiler:

Personality: Eris Komnini, the vibrant daughter of a sailer and a thrift store owner, is upbeat, sassy, and full of energy. She's always wanted to go places, do thing, and go on adventures. Being cooped up in Olivine City has put a damper on her spirits for the past year or so, once she really really wanted to go out into the world to explore, and the only reason she hasn't gotten on a ship and sailed away is because she has no money. Not one to back down in adversity, Eris can bring conflict when butting heads as stubborn as she is. She's never actually gone fist to fist with someone, but she's been known to raise her voice and stand up when getting into an argument. Usually later she'll blow off some steam by taking a run on the beach. Somehow, strife always seems to find her, whether it be her neighbors throwing things at each other in her front yard, drunken brawls in the thrift store while she's working, or pokemon battles happening down the road at the local gym. Even through all of the suffering she's seen and been around, she manages to stay optimistic and otherwise unaffected by this. It's in her nature to move on from unpleasant things and not hold down any ties to a specific place, a true nomad.

Backstory: Born and raised in Johto's own Olivine City. Her father is a merchant sailor who is only home every now and then and for short periods of time, and her mother owns a thrift store in Olivine where Eris herself works (without pay of course). As a young child Eris would play on the beach with her friends or play dress up in her mom's store, listen to tales of far away lands such as Cinnibar Island, Cianwood City, the mysterious Seafoam Islands, and treacherous Whirlwind Isles. From her Mother she heard stories of the big cities of Saffron and Goldenrod, dreams of the lime light and the gleam of city life. All of these stories gave Eris the impression that she could go anywhere, do anything, and see magnificant places in her life. Boy was she wrong. Eris's mother wouldn't let her step foot onto Route 39, much less Goldenrod City (erm ah gherd shes always going on about this goldenrod city bro i mean come ON give it a rest). This severely pissed her off, and from the time she was 14, shes been acting all teen angsty around her mother. You know, crossing her arms, scowling, etc etc. Eris's mom for the most part ignores it, or at most sighs and shakes her head when Eris gets into a pouting session.

From her father she gets an adventurous spirit and a quick tongue. Always fast on a joke, her father is a well liked comedic man who isn't afaid to talk back when ragged on. She took good notes when she was young and followed in her fathers footsteps in that department. Relations with the pop haven't been to great as of late either, she blames his absense on her inability to leave home. Maybe if he was around he could talk Mother into letting Eris explore, or help cover the shifts at the Trift Store, or anything to help. But the day would finally come when she would be free, the day she would decide to just leave without permission. The day that Goldenrod City would become a mere stop on the larger journey ahead of her. And that letter couldn't have come on abetter day. Her bag was packed and hidden, ready for the cover of night. The letter was just a blessing, a day later and she would have missed it. A day sooner and her mother might have gotten to it first. But no, the stars alighned and gave it to her that day. The day everything would change.

Last edited:
Back