• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need advice for completing my team

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
Hi, I recently bought SoulSilver off of a friend for really cheap and I've just about got my team down pack. I just need some help rounding it off. I am open to changing movesets, as I'm still in the process of training most of them. I put a * next to mewtwo because I'm not sure if I want a legendary on my team. When I play with my friends we allow one per team but I think I would prefer having ordinary pokemon. Either way I still need one more pokemon to round it off. I am not looking to enter competitions, but my friends are pretty competitive.

I'm seriously a noob at this. The last time I played pokemon was when you could still find Silver and Gold on store shelves. We played competitively but the system was different and there were fewer pokemon.

I appreciate all help/input! Thank you.

Dragonite:
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 speed/230atk/28 special def
Moveset:
Dragon Dance
Fire Punch/Roost
Outrage/Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Wobuffet
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 hp/mixed other things because I hadn't decided to EV train at the time
Moveset:
Counter
Mirror Coat
Destiny Bond
Safeguard

Magnezone
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 spatk/28hp/rest in speed
Moveset:
Substitute
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice
Charge Beam

MewTwo*
EVs: 252 spatk/252spd/4spd
Moveset:
Ice Beam
Aura Sphere
Fire Blast
?????

Skarmory
Nature: Impish
<work in progress, but I recall he was a real killing machine in the original silver>

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Just so you know, just because a Pokemon is legendary doesn't mean it's good in battle (like Entei).

Anyway, on with the rate:

For starters, what are your Pokemon's abilities?

For Dragonite, max out its Attack and Speed; it needs the power and Speed it can get.

Wobbuffet is somewhat gimmicky (IMO), and it needs support for it to work well. I think a Rapid Spinner like Starmie should go in its place:
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure

On Mewtwo, both Fire Blast and Aura Sphere can handle Steels well. Drop one of those moves and replace it with Thunder or Thunderbolt. The last slot can be used for Calm Mind (yes, the lack of STAB hurts, but it gives good coverage).

For Skarmory, I'd suggest this set for support:
-Stealth Rock/Spikes
-Roost
-Whirlwind
-Taunt/Brave Bird/Drill Peck
Nature: Impish/Careful
EVs: 252 HP/224 Def/32 Spe or 252 HP/224 SDef/32 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
Thank you for your input. So now I have a complete team planned out. I've bread about a dozen magnemites and these are the best two from the batch. I want to go with the second one but its HP is a little low. Thoughts?

go to pokecheck and add the following to the url:
?p=detail&uid=910134
?p=detail&uid=910138

Back