Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Reload this Page [Other] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [IC][T]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 15th, 2015 (05:41 PM).
Turnip
Magnificent Turnip

Turnip
HP 100% | LV. 15 | XP 81% | Col 14112
Location - Floor 4: Lobria

Having sold his built-up unneeded loot, Turnip stood staring at the NPC shopkeeper before him. He was currently on the lookout for a new set of armour – either that, or preferably the materials required to make one – and he hadn’t currently been all too successful in his findings. He could fairly consistently find the obvious leather strappings and such, but more complex materials he needed to find for actually decent sets of adventure-wear that served his needs from both a defence and design standpoint seemed few and far-between. Of course, actual sets of armour he had access to buy were occasionally better than his own. In general, however, they ‘looked pretty sucky’ as far as the helmeted player was concerned. Looking badass was supposedly high on the agenda; though those particular requirements seem to completely ignore the fact that he openly calls himself Turnip, and so a lot of potential badass factor tended to be rendered a bit moot after that.

The armoured figure often found himself captivated by the solidness of the mobs and NPCs in SAO. How Kayaba could be such a magnificent pioneer of artificial intelligence, and yet such an amateur in terms of some other elements of game design was something of a perplexing notion. Turnip had, of course, considered that bugs like the bleeding status could have been included intentionally under the façade of a bug, so as to challenge the game’s players – other things, however, were a little less obvious to the untrained eye. That was neither here nor there, however – Turnip’s current shenanigans had him perched on the counter of the store, the back of his trench coat falling slightly below its edge, continuously poking the store’s owner in the side of the face. The reactions were as mechanical as they had to be, but nevertheless leagues above the variation in most modern RPGs; which said a lot, considering the game was an MMO.

A jingling sound came from behind Turnip as a customer entered. “Erm… hello?”

“Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiip!” Turnip exclaimed, dropping backwards off the counter and landing on the ground behind him with a heavy thump. He trained his gaze upwards to the would-be shopper, who winced and eyed him with a look of supreme confusion.

“Are you… alright?” They asked.

“Fine,” Turnip replied. “No problems here. All good. Squid away!” And with that said, the armoured figure used his feet to propel himself along the ground – not unlike a jellyfish, or the squid he’d mentioned, though on the whole far less natural owing to him not actually being a squid. Or, for that matter, a jellyfish.

Having gradually pushed the door open with his head, leaving the customer inside to recover from the initial shock, the helmeted player found his way outside before pushing up onto his hands and jumping to his feet. Lobria was quite the busy place at the moment, it seemed; a few decent-sized crowds formed and dispersed, some staying longer than others, and all around people were shopping for food, equipment and various miscellaneous goods. The ambient sounds of footsteps and chatter were as expected, but the added clangs of steel-on-steel were a surprise – though nonetheless, a welcome addition to the floor’s noise as far as Turnip was concerned. Something was obviously going on, made all the more apparent to him by a teenage boy approaching him from his left.

“Hey, you!” He announced, “I challenge you to a duel!”

A group some few meters behind the kid snickered quietly – no doubt friends of the aspiring duellist. Seemingly there was some kind of duelling craze going on at the moment.

The vegetable-themed warrior blinked, before raising one eyebrow and shaking his head in slight confusion. “Are you f- are you serious?”

The boy nodded, determined, and Turnip merely shrugged in response. Who was he to deny the wishes of a poor, witless, defenceless child? The armoured figure pressed the ‘accept’ button almost the moment it appeared, drawing his sword in the other hand. The waiting time for Turnip was spent in silence, the armour-clad warrior swinging his sword about nonchalantly and faintly humming the Spongebob Squarepants theme, of all things. As the counter clicked to one the swinging of Turnip’s sword was brought to a swift yet abrupt end, the stance the helmeted player took being something of an unsettlingly serious and menacing contrast from what it had been moments prior. ‘Spongebob jukebox’ to ‘killer with a sword’ was something of a shock to behold, and Turnip’s opponent flinched as the timer hit zero and the duel began.

The teen’s first strike was parried with ease, Turnip’s ‘Daedric Bow of Flames’ wrenching the scimitar free of the child’s hands with its cross-guard. The armoured figure moved fluidly in towards the teen, using his sword arm to lift up the boy and throw him against a nearby wall. He raised his sword above his head, and the teen covered his eyes.

“Bink,” Turnip said, poking the child’s foot with his sword. He sheathed the weapon, all traces of the silent malice he had borne gone, then quickly turned to leave, dismissing the victory message as soon as it popped up in front of his face. “G G, no re.”

“Damn, dude, you got wrecked in two seconds…” One of the teen’s friends laughed.

“Hey, come back here!” The duelist called from the ground. “Rematch!”

Turnip waved with the back of his hand, refusing to stop. “I said G G, no re. That’s a thing,” He paused to murmur to himself. “That was… kind of cruel, in retrospect. Oh well. Note to self: probably a bad idea to waste time beating the crap out of kids. And with no benefit to money or experience, no less. I should probably do… a thing.”

And with that, Turnip set off to do… a thing. Whatever ‘a thing’ was supposed to be.

Old February 18th, 2015 (04:23 PM). Edited February 18th, 2015 by ShinyDiamond.
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful

Robin - Lvl 12
Floor 4: Lobria Shops
HP: 100% - EXP: 87% - Col: 6061

Spoiler:

At around 11:30. That's kind of late. Not that late though. Robin thought it over, wondering if he can still fit in some time for training or finding a new weapon. Maybe a new weapon right now. He still has some time to shop, with enough Col hopefully. Robin picks up his head, facing Lucina's direction, "I think that time could work. 11:30. I guess I still have enough time to get what I need here." Robin scratched his chin & looks back at the counters. "I'll see you later then."

Robin walks away with a wave, eager to check out the merchandise. I wonder if their are any swords that can outmatch my own. I guess I'll find out soon enough. Let the browsing begin.

Mamoru - Lvl 15
Floor 4: Lobria
HP: 95% - EXP: 35% - Col: 2753

Spoiler:

Check my map? Booring~ Well, I could do that, but since the wall is immortal, i doubt there's even anything beyond that. "Ha ha!" Just as the girl put out her hand, she somehow recognized me. Guess she some me dueling with Robin. "Yes & no," I replied. I put my fists on my hips, acting high & mighty, & speak with a deep voice, "It was a great battle. A battle between lifelong friends. A never-ending grudge between man &...other man. He never ceases to amaze me with his ultimate skills as a swordsman. One can only dream of even meeting this man."

I stopped suddenly. "...W-wait! Let me try that again!" I panicked then started over again. "It was the duel of the century. I have faced that man before in my time, & it is always fierce. I am a valiant warrior, only dreaming of one thing: to outmatch my rival. I face him alone at every turn, & everytime, I give it my all. We always somehow manage to stay equals..." I stopped again... Messed up!

5 minutes later...

"...under the covers of the shadows. In the end however..." I let go of my heroic posture into a lazy guy picking his ear. "...I lost." I finish picking my ear & give a bright smile. "How was it this time? Ignore the way I ended my story & imagine it was good."

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old 4 Weeks Ago (08:25 PM).
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious

Enrique and Mjoll, Featuring Khawill as Kai
Lobria: Markets → Lone Tree Dungeon

After five minutes, I became bored. I messaged my friend Garrot for something to do. After a few more minutes, he sent me information for a quest under the lone tree. I hopped to my feet and began to ran toward the teleporter, accidentally crashing into a couple walking in the same direction. "Oh, my bad." I said with an apologetic smile.

Enrique was walking towards the teleporter, looking forward to some relaxation, when he was suddenly rammed into by a random guy and knocked straight into Mjoll, who responded with a “Hey! Careful, man!” Enrique stood straight and apologized quickly before turning his attention to the guy who’d bumped into him, and once Mjoll realized that it was that guy’s fault and not Enrique’s, she did the same. He faced them and gave his own apology with a smile.

“Don’t worry about it, dude,” Enrique answered him with a broad smile.

“You should really watch where you’re going, though,” added Mjoll, herself already having gotten over it. “This game has some really edgy people you probably don’t want to piss off.”

I laughed, "I think it is a lot more fun to see who has moxy and who is passive." I looked the two of them up and down, "You two don't look like weaklings, at least, not right now. Are either of you in a guild by any chance?"

“Nope,” Enrique said concisely. “Most guilds I’ve seen have things like leveling quotas, or item collection quotas, or whatever. I kinda like just being able to do whatever I want.” Enrique looked towards Mjoll for her answer.

“Me neither,” said Mjoll. “Why do you ask? Are you a recruiter?”

"Recruiter?" I shook my head, "I am the founder and leader of the guild Stars of Aincrad! Were a bunch of freelancers, and the guild's only criteria is spirit!" My voice got more energetic and boisterous, and when I said the guild name I pointed toward the heavens, and then poked the boy in his chest when I said spirit.

Enrique’s grin grew wider. “I like the sound of that! You seem like a cool guy. I’ll keep you guys in mind, but I can’t make any promises.” Again, he looked towards Mjoll. She didn’t really like the way he kept making her answer all of the guy’s questions, but she kept quiet about it.

“Aren’t you a little too relaxed for a ‘spirit’-centric guild?” She commented to Enrique with a nudge before answering the leader guy, whom she found rather over-the-top. “I appreciate the offer, but I’m not sure I’m ready to commit to a guild yet. I have to admit that it does sound interesting, though."

"We have some quiet guys. When I say spirit, I don't mean having tons of energy." I made a fist and placed it on my chest, "Its all in here. If you have the courage to press forward, and the moxie to do what you think is right, then you would fit in with our guild. Spirit is all about aiming high, and going for it as far as I am concerned." I stretched, "I respect your decision to decline the invitation though, where are you two heading?"

Mjoll couldn’t help but chuckle. The guy’s bright attitude was pretty infectious. “We’re just on our way to chill for a bit on floor two,” she said. Enrique nodded in confirmation.

"I'm heading down there myself to do a quest, say..." I looked the two of them over again, "Are you two interested in going with me? The reward is 30% xp, some potions, and a Christmas turkey! I'd be willing to let you two have the reward." The experience was the only thing that I cared about, and something to do, "I also kind of want to see you guys fight."

The pair looked at each other for a moment before shrugging in unison. “Sure, why not?” answered Enrique. “We were going to rest after some training we were doing on floor 3, but I think it would be better to enjoy some well-earned turkey while we do! Also, I’m always up for getting to know new people!”

“Count me in, too!” Chimed Mjoll. “Enrique over there didn’t make for very good practice. I can try out my new axe on some monsters, instead. And by the way, I'm Mjoll.”

"Call me by my real name, Kai." I said, "Nice to meet you both." I took lead and the three of us walked to the lone tree.

Upon arriving, I checked the details of the quest again,"We have to find a reindeer named Rudolf in a dungeon around here. We also have to take care of 5 Tauros and salamander warriors." I closed my menu and drew my sword, "Sounds simple enough. Mjoll, you look like you have spunk, you want to take lead?"

Mjoll pulled her axe off her back, but did so with a slight sigh. “As much as I’d love to take the lead, I think it’d be best if Enrique took the lead. He’s got the searching skill to check for chests and traps and stuff, and he’s also a lot faster than me if we ever find the need to scout ahead.”

Enrique equipped his dagger and buckler, flipping the dagger in the air a couple of times for fun before asking, “On that note, what sorts of skills do you have, Kai?”

"Night Vision, Battle healing, tracking." I replied, "My combat skills are rather high though, oh, my level is 15 if you care at all. Lead on Enrique."

“Got it,” said Enrique with a thumbs-up before walking into the dungeon. They wandered around for a bit, passing a few other parties training or exploring. The early areas of the dungeon were mostly clear because of other players, but Enrique figured Rudolph would probably be deeper in anyway.

They continued onward, Enrique keeping his eyes peeled, when he spotted a trio of Taurus standing guard in front of the opening to a narrow hallway, presumably leading into another area. Enrique looked back to the others and said, “Well, the quest said to take down five of these. I think we can take ‘em.”

Mjoll stepped forward and raised her axe over her head, letting it glow a pale blue for a couple seconds before slamming it into the ground in front of her. Suddenly, a shining pillar of light shot up from the ground yards away next to the trio of Taurus and slammed right into one of them, pushing it away from the others. “Alright, let’s do this!”

With the encounter initiated, Enrique rushed forward quickly, charging straight towards another of the Taurus. It swung its hammer at him, but Enrique slid under it, a skill gained from much soccer, before giving it a quick stab with his Sting Sword Art. “Hey, over here!” Having provoked it, Enrique jumped back several steps, separating yet another from the group. “I’ll keep this one busy until one of you guys can finish it, okay?”

“Roger!” Shouted Mjoll before she turned to Kai. “Since he’s got the one on the right, I’ll get the one on the left. You okay with mid, Kai?”

"I'd be ready if you told me to get all of them." I said with a grin. I began to feel the energy build up. I drew my sword and pointed it toward the ceiling, I began to glow red and then swung the sword down hard, taking away a significant amount of health from the Tauro. I sliced it a few more times until its health was low and then allowed it to attack me and drain my health. I watched my health drop to critical before finishing off the monster. I took a quick health potion and laughed. I looked over to Enrique who was still fighting his monster. I took a peek at his level, and realized how much lower he was than the monsters.

After blocking an attack from the hammer of the Taurus she was fighting, Mjoll spun around and delivered a cleaving blow right at her opponent’s neck, taking away a large chunk of its health. Not wanting to lose momentum, she continued her spin and came around for another attack. Against a faster opponent it would have been a risky move, but it paid off against the Taurus. Her second sweep had added momentum that made it stronger than the first and hit before the monster could counter, successfully defeating it. She turned and saw that Kai had also defeated his foe.

Enrique was still taunting his enemy, dancing around its hammer while jabbing at it with his dagger repeatedly. It didn’t seem like he was in any real danger, but it would be a while before his pokes took down the Taurus. Of course, his usual role was to keep the attention of as many enemies as he could to make the battle easier on his allies, not to actually deal any damage. Mjoll rushed up to the distracted Taurus and delivered a powerful chop right into its back. “What took you so long?” Asked Enrique jokingly as his blade glowed yellow for a lightning-fast jab into the monster’s eye.

“Hey Kai!” Called Enrique. “You want to finish this guy or do I leave it to Mjoll? I mean, I could do it too if you want, but I don’t think you wanna wait that long.”

"Mjoll can handle it." I said with a grin, "You two are together, so it's natural that you share right?"

“Well there's nothing stopping you from being one of us, right? Anyway, finish him, Mjoll!” Shouted Enrique, blinding the Taurus by hitting its other eye before backing away. Mjoll pulled her axe out and backed away as well before raising her axe above her head for the same sword art as before. The Taurus could only swing wildly without its sight, not hitting anyone. This gave Mjoll plenty of time to charge her attack.

“Take that!” She shouted when she finally brought it down, forming a light pillar that drove itself straight between the Taurus’ legs, defeating it. With the battle over, each received a results screen listing their experience and item rewards. “I’m liking this axe,” commented Mjoll as she closed her results.

Enrique was going to say something when he noticed something in the distance. Namely, a small red light. Anyone who was familiar with the story of Rudolph could guess that the light belonged to the titular reindeer. Something had to be wrong though, for them to find him so soon, so Enrique made sure to look around the area carefully with his Searching skill. He managed to notice something on the floor right at the entrance to the hallway under false flooring. His skill unfortunately wasn’t high enough to tell exactly what sort of mechanism it was, whether it was a pitfall, a spike trap, or a wall that would seal them in.

“Guys, I think Rudolph is past there, but something seems off. There’s a mechanism on the floor there, though I don’t really know what it is.” Suddenly, he got an idea. He walked to the side a bit and picked up a rock off the floor. “I’m going to throw this in there. Get ready for whatever happens, okay?” Mjoll nodded, and Enrique tossed the rock. Immediately after the rock went in, a stone wall began rising out of the ground to seal the corridor. He guessed it was meant to trap them inside, but if they didn’t move it looked like they’d be stuck outside. “Well, it’s now or never!” With that, Enrique vaulted over the rising wall and into the hallway.

As Mjoll moved to follow him in, Enrique saw that the red light suddenly sped in a different direction. “He’s running!” Enrique alerted his companions before dashing towards it. “I’ll stay on his tail!” Running as fast as he could without waiting for his team, he followed the light in the dark hallway. After a bit, he was met with a group of five salamander warriors in a more open cave area that leapt down from the ceiling in an ambush. He took a hit from one of them, but with some fancy footwork and good use of his buckler he managed to weave his way through them and continue his pursuit of Rudolph. The warriors did not follow.

Back at the now-sealed entrance, Mjoll looked over at Kai and said, “We probably shouldn’t leave him on his own too long at his level. He’s fast, but there’s not much he can do once he gets tired.” I nodded and with that, we started down the hallway as well.

We came across the five salamander warriors, "This should be easy to beat, it may take a minute though. Can your boyfriend hold out?"

Mjoll looked at Kai with a scowl and a slight blush. “I figured that’s what you meant by ‘together’ back there, I just hoped to god I was wrong. I mean, sure we’re together, but we’re not, you know, together together. Just friends who happen to make a good team. Not that there’s anything wrong with him, I just-” Mjoll stopped mid-sentence and, after a short pause, sighed. “I’m talking too much. Let’s go.” She gave him a slight smile so he would know she wasn’t mad. It was an easy mistake to make the way they were strolling around.

“Anyway, we stocked up on potions before coming here. He should have enough to hold him for a while if things do go bad.” Admittedly, Mjoll was a little worried about him, but she couldn’t do anything about it except fight here and now. “Make sure to watch my back!” she shouted to Kai, running into the fray. She swung her axe at the salamander farthest to the right, and though it blocked her attack it was still tossed aside, letting her target another one that leapt at her from the other side. There were still three behind her. Kai would need to take care of those, as there was no way she could fight all five at once. She wasn’t sure how she felt about putting her life in the hands of a guy she just met, but trusting a stranger worked out well in Enrique’s case so maybe her luck would hold out.

I was not far behind her as she charged in, "Hey don't worry about your relationship, I got tons of just friends that are girls. I'm kind of a romantic haha." I nonchalantly block an attack to her from behind and used my sword art to cut one of the salamander men down. "Look for the star the best suits you I say." I blocked another attack from our side and then stopped, "We could probably kite these guys to Enrique no?"

“I’ll try whatever if it helps us regroup faster!” Answered Mjoll as she sliced through a salamander warrior’s abdomen, splitting it in half and killing it. There wasn’t a moment of rest before the other warrior lunged at her again. “We’ll do it on your call, okay?” She knocked the foe aside, but kept her eyes on it.

I nodded, "Keep running forward, kill in front, I'll run backwards and kill the ones behind us." I stabbed a salamander man, taking it down a quarter of its health, "I'm much faster with my weapon, and yours does much more damage, so this should keep us moving." I turned around and put my back to hers, "Go, go!" I was excited.

Mjoll nodded, though she flinched when Kai put his back against hers. She didn’t expect him to get so close. It didn’t matter though, since she had a job to do, so she gripped her axe and rushed forward, running towards the next area. Two other salamander warriors moved to block her path. “Can’t let you do that,” she said, spinning the axe in her hands while it begun to glow a blue-green color. She swung horizontally at both of them, but the moment she reached the end of her swing, the double-bladed axe swung back in the direction had come with the exact same speed. This was her Mirror Slice art, one that helped cancel out the long delay between swings that usually came with heavy weapons with an instantaneous second one. While the strikes weren’t enough to kill the warriors, they were knocked out of her way, and with their health as low as it was now they might as well be dead already. Without a moment to lose, Mjoll sped past the severely injured creatures. I kept up and finished them off as I passed.

After the cave area was another narrow hallway that had several sharp turns before ending in another cavern. This one was much different though, because unlike the other one, the only solid ground was a narrow bridge shooting off from the hallway, and a small circular area in the center. The rest was just a fall into what looked like a bottomless pit. In the center was Enrique standing in front of a reindeer that could only be Rudolph, with two Taurus walking towards Enrique with their hammers raised. It looked like it was a good thing Kai had that plan, because Enrique was definitely in trouble.

Normally a pair of Taurus would be no problem for Enrique, but it looked like this part of the quest involved protecting Rudolph and he couldn’t do that and dodge the Taurus’ attacks at the same time. “Enrique!” called Mjoll, before letting out a loud yell in the form of her Howl skill to attract the attention of the monsters. It worked, and they turned towards Mjoll and Kai. “You protect Rudolph, Kai and I will handle these!”

“Yes ma’am!” answered Enrique as he climbed on top of Rudolph. “Maybe I can ride him! You know, in case I need some evasive maneuvers, ‘cause there’s no way I’m lifting him. Aren’t these guys like 500 pounds?” Even in the face of danger, Enrique still smiled like he was having the time of his life.

Mjoll couldn’t help but smile too. “I can’t believe I actually worried about you, ya goof!” She then raised her axe against one of the Taurus, ready to face her foe. "Let's do this, Kai!"

I laughed a bit at the exchange, I found it cute, but I didn't say anything about it and raised my sword, "Lets finish then, and I'll have gifts for you two." I struck down the leftern Tauros and dispatched it quickly.I tossed Enrique a potion, "Reckless kid, you definitely have moxie." Enrique shined a huge grin at Kai’s compliment and grabbed the potion, drinking it to heal off what he’d lost in the ambush.

It wasn’t much longer until Mjoll had finished off her own enemy, and the trio was left with Rudolph. “Well, that was fun!” said Enrique. “But what now?” He looked down at Rudolph expectantly. Suddenly, the short ceiling of the cavern began to rumble. Enrique looked up in a panic, realizing that he forgot to scan the area with his Search skill, and attempted to figure out just what was happening. He had his answer soon enough, when a large section of the ceiling had opened up into a massive tunnel leading up.

Enrique then felt himself begin to wobble. He had been too busy looking above to notice what was going on below him. Rudolph had begun to sparkle, and was slowly lifting himself off the ground. Enrique couldn’t believe he had forgotten that Santa’s reindeer could fly! Mjoll stared at the floating animal with wide, incredulous eyes, and Enrique instantly knew that she didn’t believe in Santa. He put a hand on his hip and pointed the other to the sky before saying, “To infinity, and beyond!”

Almost as if it was at his command, Rudolph took to the sky, and with a surprising speed, for that matter. The whole way up, Enrique was shouting with glee until his echoey voice faded in the distance. Mjoll looked at Kai and said, “We’d better not be stuck here.” Fortunately for them, Rudolph soon came back, ready to take another passenger to the surface. “You go first, Kai.” Said Mjoll. “I still have to get over the fact that they actually put flying reindeer into this game.

I laughed and hopped on, "Tear down the heavens!" I called in similar suit to Enrique. We got to the surface and I messaged a friend of mine. "Can you two wait around for a few minutes?"

“Sure, why not?” answered Enrique. Mjoll arrived in time to hear Kai’s request as well and nodded in agreement.

We waited for about five minutes and my friend arrived. He pulled out a red cape with a large star and a compass under it that had the north arrow shaded, "Is this what you wanted Kai?" He said.

I nodded, "Looks pretty good! From now on, all Stars of Aincrad will wear this cape!"

My friend nodded, "We will get people to gather the resources. Here are the three you wanted though." I took the three capes, I put one on, gave one to Mjoll, and finally one to Enrique. "You don't have to join our guild directly, but please accept these. You will be recognized as an honorary member as far as I am concerned. You will be helped by any member of our guild, and even offered discounts for our services."

“I...I don’t really know what to say…” Trailed Mjoll, staring at the cape with a look of clear happiness in her eyes. She’d never expected a gesture like this out of a stranger, especially after she refused to join earlier.

“I do!” Piped Enrique. “Thanks! You know, Kai? You’re a really cool dude, and this is a really cool cape.” Not wasting any time he put it on. “I probably won’t wear it for combat, but it’s good for walking around town. I’m really considering joining your guild, but I’ll see if I can’t talk Mjoll into it first.” Enrique then held up his hands, showing off his many rings. “If you guys ever need some bling, let me know and I’ll make you some. I got some cool things from floor 3 this morning that might make for nice effects!”

Mjoll looked up from the cape. “I’ll definitely think about it, though I can’t be sure until I meet the rest of the guild. Enrique maybe being there might help a bit.” She was about to stow the cape in her inventory when she decided that it wouldn’t hurt to try it on, so she did, although she couldn’t really be sure how it looked on her without a mirror. “Oh, and before I forget…” Mjoll sent Kai a friend request, and once Enrique saw it he did the same.

I accepted both requests and smiled, "Nobody gets into the guild without my approval, and I only take people who are great at heart! We have guild houses in Urbus and Tolbana, although the capes will be new, the symbols on it are ours. Feel free to stop by and chat, drink, eat, or rest there. Oh, and many of us like to fight, try not to look weak!" The last comment was only half jokingly. "So far I am unbeaten in the guild."

Mjoll smiled and said, “Well I’ll just have to break that record then, won’t I?” Her expression changed to one of surprise when she suddenly got a message. After reading it, her face changed again, this time to one of alarm. “Enrique, remember how I said I could only chill under the tree for a bit, then I had to meet up with some other friends?” Enrique nodded, indeed remembering it. “Well, I kind of lost track of time with this whole quest, and…” She then turned to Kai again. “Sorry, I have to go. Thanks for the quest, and the cape, and everything, really. Bye!” And with that, she was off.

After waving Mjoll goodbye, Enrique looked to Kai as well and said, “I might be able to take you in a first-strike duel, but probably not anything else.” After that, he yawned and added, “But I’ve been looking forward to some r&r all day, so for now I’m going to go chill under the Lone Tree.You’re free to join me if you want, but I get the feeling you’d rather find some more action. In which case, I bid you adieu as well. We’ll probably stop by your guild hall tomorrow if we have the chance.” With that, Enrique gave him a salute and began walking to the Lone Tree. Before he got too far, he shouted, “You can take Rudolph back to Santa, but don’t forget to give us our reward when we come visit, okay?” and soon after, Enrique was gone.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (02:38 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Rose Quartz.
Rose Quartz
Hey hoo~

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz

Lucina
Player level 17

"I think that time could work. 11:30. I guess I still have enough time to get what I need here. I'll see you later then." And with those last words said, Lucina watched Robin leave. She couldn't help but notice that it was starting to get easier for him to talk to her considering he stuttered most of the time when they just met. Lucina shrugged the thought of and walked into the other direction. She had to find a shop with ingredients somewhere around here. Lucina didn't have much time to roam around. It was quite occupied in this area too so finding that shop was going to be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Lucina sighed and opened up her inventory. "Might as well get into something more festive..." she went to a nearby alley and traded her blue armor for a feminine and likable white dress. Though, as soon as she tried to leave the alley to vanish into the crowd, two guys walked up to her and kept her from leaving any farther than the entrance. "You're that guy that always wears a hood to hide his face, right?" a slender guy with black hair and a scar across his cheek raised his hand and pushed her shoulder as an action of intimidation. "Never thought he would turn out to be a girl, well... literally then." He finished as his four eyed friend laughed with weird noises at his bad joke. Some players who heard the guy laughing started to pay attention to the conversation. Lucina couldn't blame them... That guy's laugh was pretty funny after all. "I don't know what you're talking about." Lucina sounded just as cold as her eyes were as she glanced at them. "Don't play dumb. You know very well what he means!" the guy with the glasses and funny laugh yelled at her. He was obviously some sidekick. "We recently joined a PK'er guild so I'd be afraid if I were you." The slender guy came closer to try to intimidate her more... which was obviously not working judging from Lucina's very annoyed face. She took a look at their cursors before letting out a small "hmph". Unfortunately she wasn't able to see the name of the guild they had joined.

"What's the matter, are you scared yet?" He said with a creepy smile on his face. Lucina pushed him off and yawned before answering. "Not exactly. Firstly, your cursors are still green so it's hard to believe that you joined a PK'er guild. Secondly, if you did join one it must be a very amateuristic considering you both don't look dangerous to me." "Oh yeah? Well, we were ordered to kill you by our higher ups, what about that little girl?" The slender guy crossed his arms in such a cocky way that Lucina was fed up with those two. "Do you have any proof?" She asked. "Oh heck yes we have. Your pesky friends killed our comrads near the lone tree on the third floor a while ago. A hooded one with white hair, a black haired girl and some other guy with a... helmet? You guys sure like playing the mysterious figure."

What that guy with glasses said made Lucina realize what guild they are from and widened her eyes before shaking her head and glaring at them. "What the heck do they want from me..." Lucina said rather quietly. "Follow us obediently and maybe we'll tell you." The slender guy laughed and gestured her to go first. She hesitated but decided to go anyway because she wanted to know.

"Here left." they leaded her to a more quiet place with an even darker alley. "Geez... this town is full of alleys." Lucina whispered. The guys made her go inside that alley until they reached some wall. They stood in the exit so she couldn't possibly escape. Lucina was getting more aware of the trouble she was getting herself into. "We're inside a safety zone. You can't kill me here." "We can't kill you but we can hurt you with our special little toys." Both of them equipped rather large and strong weapons. One was a long sword and the other one was a battle axe but they had incredible stats... It was not possible to buy these. Someone made these. "Hits from my sword and his axe will hurt you even when your pain level settings are on low." The slender guy laughed like a crazy maniac and charged at her. "Wait a second. You were going to tell me why they were after me!" Lucina said angry. "How should I know? I'm just getting orders." Lucina glared at them. She had been naïve once again. Of course these guys wouldn't know, they were just pawns.

She tried to equip her weapon but before she could even open her inventory, the slender guy already hit her with his sword followed by a blow from an Axe and threw her against the wall behind her. It hurted terribly but Lucina couldn't let these guys get to her. As soon as she stood up the guy with glasses hit her again. "Aaaahh!!" Lucina was trown against the wall again but this time it was harder to get up. "hahaha!!" both of them laughed

------
«Lucina's white dress» [equipped]
«Falchion» [unequipped]
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old 3 Weeks Ago (05:41 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by ShinyDiamond.
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Robin - Lvl 12
Floor 4: Lobria Shops

Spoiler:

There was interesting equipment on display. The NPC Shop Owner had some swords that were a bit higher stat than my own. Robin, however, was more concerned about the weight of the weapon, & find which weapon suited him best. He looks at each sword very carefully, judging the weight it might be. Eventually, one sword caught his eye.

Spoiler:

<<Nightfall>>. The sword's stats were a bit stronger than his own. Robin decides to buy the sword, which was 2000 Col. He sells his old sword to get back some Col. "Now let's see..." Robin steps outside the shop, equips his new weapon, & swings it around. "Hmm..." It is slighly heavier than what he's used to. After swinging the sword a few times, getting used to <<Nightfall>> for battle strategies, then just as he was about to unequip it, he saw Lucina at a glance. She was walking with 2 strange guys, a strange pair. Robin hid against a wall, back turned. "One thing after another..."

Spoiler:

Robin quietly follows them, blending in with a crowd, until they turned towards a dark alley. Thought so. Robin sneaks closely to hear what was gonna happen."...second. ...were going......me...ey wer...after me!" Robin could barely figure out what they were saying. All that Robin could fit in was that Lucina was being targeted. Was it that PK Guild? It's too soon to say, but it was highly likely. It wasn't long until Robin heard sudden noise coming from within. "Dammit...!" Robin runs as fast as he could to where Lucina was getting pummeled. No one loses their HP in a safe zone, but that doesn't stop others from pushing the defenseless around.

Robin saw with his very eyes the two shady & nerd guys beating Lucina up with strong-looking weapons. The site of watching this made him uneasy. It was a rather familiar sensation. Guess Robin's still saving others like he used to. As the two were laughing hysterically, one had an annoying laugh, Robin put on his hood & took out his sword as he cleared his throat. "Y'know, it's not nice picking on girls," he responded. "Those are some nice looking weapons. Too bad you don't know how to use them properly."

~Dia+PS~
Old 3 Weeks Ago (06:26 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by machomuu.
machomuu
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Eldest Sister, Younger Sister, Youngest Sister (AKA Puff)
Lv. 17, Lv. 12, and Lv. 1||Floor 1 - Open Field

"Godot's gonna kill us," A monotone voice started. "He's definitely, definitely, DEFINITELY gonna kill us."

"You worry too much, little sister," A dignified older sister spoke. "After all, I'm the strongest person alive! There's no way I'll let our little sister get hurt."

"...Hang on..." The younger sister spoke, "...When did I become a part of this family tree that you guys built. The only family I have is you, sis." She thought for a moment. "And mom and dad."

"Really?" The older sister chuckled. "I guess that makes sense, I've seen the way you look at him, so I guess you couldn't be his sister." The older sister's face contorted into a sly smile. "I mean, unless you're into that sort of thing." The younger sister shot the older sister look from the side, then looked back as if her sentiment had made her way across. The older sister smiled playfully. "Oh well, you're young, so these type of feelings tend to arise in relationships like that." The younger sister seemed to ignore her elder and kept her eyesight trained on her target- the youngest sister, who was making popping sounds with her mouth. She certainly wasn't bored, which was really no surprise to the eldest considering she'd never really been outside before. "Man, if he were here, I doubt he'd be able to contain himself. He's really fond of his daughter, and she's looking especially cute right now. Not to mention we're here."

"I'm not his sister, so I don't see why it'd matter." The younger protested.

"You may not see it that way and maybe even he doesn't see it that, but he will treat you that way." Still looking at her with a smile, the eldest knelt slightly and gave the younger a kiss on the cheek, causing the younger to immediately dash back and unsheathe her blade.

"Try that again, succubus." She said with rosey-red cheeks, still not used to her sister's affections. The older sister merely chuckled and drew her largest blade. The two challenged each other to a duel and started at each other when youngest yelled out, "HEY!" The two stopped in place and turned their attention to the youngest member of their group. She seemed to be upset about something which was less than surprising considering the two had entered into their own world.

"What is it, Puff?" The eldest asked standing in place, her sword still in hand. It was as if she was frozen and unable to move, bearing a perfect resemblance of a statue. The young girl, now with rounded cheeks, walked in between the two and said, "You guys said we were gonna play, but all you've been doing is talking!" As she said this, something seemed to be making her way from out of the back of her dress. "When are we gonna play!?" The eldest looked at the youngest from the side to notice something of a surprise: a tail, and an adorably small one at that. The eldest and the younger were well aware of what the youngest was, and in fact it was because of this that eldest nicknamed her Puff. That, combined with the fact that she could be something of a firecracker at times.

Sheathing her weapon, the eldest walked over to the youngest and softly tugged at her tail, causing her to jump. "Stop it, sis! That tickles!" Again, the eldest chuckled and after a few moments, started looking around. She glanced at the youngest for a moment, opening up her stats and assessing.

"It's okay, I won't let anything happen to Puff." Eldest looked back at Younger. "It'll be fine. If bro chews anyone out, I'll make sure you two are left out of it. After all, considering the circumstances, he'll be more terrifying than any monster we might come across out here." Younger shrugged and sheathed her weapon. The eldest continued to scout until she found what she was looking for, a Wild Boar. "Alright, Puff. Today, I'm gonna teach you how to fight."

Youngest put her thumbnail, which was rather sharp, to her teeth and said, "Daddy said that I shouldn't fight. He said I have you, and you're the strongest there is! He said that fighting is only meant for protecting yourself and others, but..." She looked at the boar. "That thing didn't try to hurt me. It looks nice."

"I see...well, you are smart when it comes to people, but it seems you have a ways to go in terms of general judgement," Eldest said, still smiling. "So here's an idea, why don't you try walking up to that boar there." Younger's eyes widened at the prospect, causing her to start forward, but Eldest gave her a stern look that practically turned Younger to ice. After a few moments of hesitation, Youngest swallowed hard and walked over to the boar slowly.

After inching in closely, Youngest smiled and said, "See, I told you he's friendl- URGH" The boar headbutted the young girl, causing her to tumble and fall flat on her back. Younger ran over to help her but the eldest of the sisters, with a booming shout, yelled, "DON'T MOVE!" Again, Younger stopped in place, her eyes darting between her younger and older sisters. Slowly, Youngest rose from the ground and, with tears welling up in her eyes, she dug into her pockets and pulled out some Grapes her father gave her to snack on. "Here," she said, putting her hand out towards the boar. Younger's hands shook, blade shaking in hand, anxious for the boar to hit her sister once more. She was worried about the way her older sister was teaching Puff how to confront danger. That was, until something miraculous happened: the boar ate the berries, and more, Youngest was able to embrace it.

Eldest walked next to Younger and said, "We can't choose how Puff will grow. She's a child, but she needs to develop at her own pace and in her own way. She needs to establish her own way of doing things- we can't coddle that." She looked at Younger. "We also need to recognize what Puff is capable of and make sure she doesn't overstep her bounds. I told you before, that it'd be fine." Eldest smiled even harder. "After all, I'm the strongest there is!"
Old 2 Weeks Ago (04:24 AM).
なぎ
n a g i

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to なぎ
.W I S P __________ LV:13 | HP:85% | Col:15,500 | FLOOR 3

Wisp retracted her hand back under her cloak as the player in front of her started to described his duel vividly. It reminded her most of recent movie trailers; a deep voice, short sentences - though it sounded a bit silly talking like that in person. Apparently Mamoru realised that as well, because he suddenly stopped talking and said he wanted to try again. Wisp wanted to say it was okay, because she'd seen most of the duel earlier, but he already started again. This continued on for several minutes, with short breaks in between where he stopped and restarted. As it did, Wisp slowly lost her patience, and became a bit annoyed. The explanation had gone on longer than the actual duel did...

When he finally finished, he changed his heroic posture into something more relaxed again, and gave Wisp a bright smile. ''How was it this time? Ignore the way I ended my story & imagine it was good.''
In turn, Wisp tried to smile back, but her irritation likely made it look more like a grimace. ''Yeah... It sure was an exciting duel, despite lasting shortly.'' She took a step backwards, eager to get out of the conversation. ''Well, since it's getting late... I must be off. It was nice meeting you though. Oh, and a happy new year.'' She nodded in a final greeting before quickly passing by him and continuing on towards the inn she was staying at.

- said if you won't save me, please don't waste my time.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (04:16 PM).
Rose Quartz
Hey hoo~

Lucina & Robin

Player level 17

Lucina was still laying on the cold floor as she was reviewing her options. She couldn't run away nor could she equip her sword. It was terrifying how it felt like this moment came right out of her memories. The only difference between now and then was that this time, that guy wouldn't save her. He was probably not even inside this game of death. Lucina was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard footsteps coming close really fast. Even these guys in front of her had noticed and turned around. Lucina knew this figure... It was Robin! He lectured the guys about picking on girls but all they would do was laugh. "You can't really call her a girl since she has been acting like a guy This whole time!" The four eyed guy yelled at him. "Seems like we have a knight in shining armor over here..." The slender guy whispered amused. "Well, would you like to take her place mister?" He asked Robin.

Robin sighed. It was clear who had the annoying laugh, but other than that, these guys needed to be dealt with. "Does it matter what gender you really are if you know how to fight? That's my opinion," he replied. They spoke as if this were coming out of a fairy tale. They were issuing, not really fair, a challenge to him, which of course was unavoidable. Robin readies his sword for the battle. "First, I'd like to know the names of my opponents," he asked politely, with a hint of menace.

As Robin spoke the slender guy got annoyed by his attitude. "I'm Trevor, he is Meelo." Trevor pointed at his four eyed companion. "How much I'd like to kick your ass, those were not my orders. I was ordered to hurt her and eventually kill her. So... Meelo, take care of him, please." Trevor turned around to approach a barely standing Lucina. "I'll play with this one until she's unconscious and I have a free pass to her body. They said I could do whatever I wanted to her after all...!" Trevor suddenly got this perverted look on his face. "Got it! Meelo took a place in front of Robin and had that annoying laugh again.

Robin eyed Trevor as he walked towards Lucina. He couldn't see his face, but his words were enough for Robin to feel disgust. Before I can get to Trevor, I have to get past this guy. Robin faces Meelo, who gave off that annoying laugh again. He questioned their sanity, but put that thought out of his head. "I'll let you have the first move. Make it count."

Meelo smiled with confidence and charged at Robin but as soon as he was about to hit him with his axe, he stumbles and falls down face first. "ouch..." he moaned loud enough to have Trevor to pay attention to him. "Get up, idiot!" He yelled as he turned around to face Lucina again. He held the heavy sword above his head and swinged it to hit Lucina. "Like I'd let you..." Lucina used her arm to dodge the sword. No matter how painful it was, it was always better than anywhere else. In meanwhile, Meelo got up and charged at Robin again.

Well, Meelo seems to have a case of the Sumia. Surely he knew he couldn't win like that. Robin sighed and as Meelo charged at him again, Robin stepped mildly to the side, making Meelo run past him and trip. "Try me again when you know how to fight." With that, Robin glares at Trevor, runs right at him with his sword ready. "Touch her again and you die."

Trevor turned around and prepared his sword to dodge Robin's as he was getting closer. "Hmmm... tempting." with that Trevor touched Lucina's face, making her furious and almost breaking his arm. "Ouch! Witch!" He shouted, paying more attention to Robin.

And like that, he was getting a beating. Robin jabbed his sword from the side to Trevor's stomach side, but it seems he wasn't distracted enough. They started trading blows. "You're better than your clumsy friend. Too bad you were partnered with him," Robin taunted. It was true. Really.

"I wasn't partnered with him. That guy is my best friend. Mind your own Business!" Trevor dodged most of the blows Robin trew at him but wasn't able to hit him once with his special sword. "You've been way too noisy! Why would you help her!" Trevor was getting angry and annoyed. He saw Meelo getting up and crawling behind robin so he knew it would be over for him soon.

That actually irritated him. Though, taunting is not Robin's style. Trevor kept blocking his strikes, it was difficult for Robin to land in an opening. "I always save those in need. I'm not just gonna stand aside and do nothing." Robin remained unfazed, never leaving an opening on himself. They lock swords, with Robin pushing against Trevor's sword.

Trevor expected such an answer and only smiled in irritation. He quickly trew a glance at Lucina to make sure she was still on the ground. What he didn't knew was that Lucina was slowly trying to get up. This whole situation was too similar to Lucina and brought up some thoughts by her, she didn't want to be the damsel in distress any longer though. "I despise people like you." Trevor said to Robin as he pulled his sword back and was finally able to trow a blow at Robin in the opening he made.
"Now, Meelo!" he yelled but before he knew it, the top of a sword was being poked in his back. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." A female voice said behind him. Both Trevor and Meelo stopped abruptly. "If you guys don't want to feel the same pain as you've caused me, that is." Lucina glared angrily at both of them. It was funny how both of them were confident just now but as soon Lucina mentioned "same pain" they started to sweat. "Leave this area. You don't want to feel the pain coming from my sword." They must've thought that Lucina had a special sword like theirs because they immediately ran away with their tails between their legs. "I expected them to leave but not immediately and not like this..." Lucina said, scratching the back of her head.

Robin did not see this coming. Meelo somehow got his footing and just as both he and Trevor were about to land a blow on Robin, they stopped suddenly due to Lucina. She threatened them and they grew fear of her, leading them to escape. Robon breathed slightly worn out, dusting himself off from the battle. His HP didn't go down due to being in town, a safe zone. He sighed, "I should've seen that coming," he said reluctantly.

Lucina took a deep breath and stared at Robin. "Robin, why the heck did you help me?" She sounded a bit like she already knew the answer. She was afraid that a memory from her past literally had happened again, it just ended a bit differently this time. Lucina put away her sword and took a look at the time. It was almost 12 am.

It sounded like Lucina didn't appreciate the help Robin gave. He looks her in the eye & answers, "They wouldn't give you enough time to take out your weapon. Besides, it's not my style to stand aside and do nothing. I already pointed that out." He puts away his new sword & looks at the night sky.

Lucina thought for a bit. She just had to point it out straightly for him to understand. "It's late at night and dark outside. A girl with dark blue hair and a white dress is chased down by a bully. She runs inside an alley and is soon not able to escape anymore. She's frightened and bursts out in tears." Lucina stared at the sky while telling Robin this scenario. She sounded calm yet there was this dissapointed tune in her voice. "Do you remember saving a girl like this a few years ago?" Lucina asked carefully.

Robin didn't understand why Lucina was telling him this story. Robin thought carefully about who he's saved before his entire life. "...That scenario has happened right now, only you didn't cry... I've saved plenty of people my entire life. Though, I think I remember something like that."

Lucina's fear became reality. Robin was indeed that guy. "... years ago me and my family went on a vacation to the U.S ..." Lucina started to explain quietly. "We were staying in a hotel and I would slip outside at night to explore the area around the hotel a bit." Lucina took a deep breath and stared at the cold floor. It was weird to meet him like this and... well, inside SAO. "One night a boy saw this and thought it would be fun to scare me. He chased me all the way down that alley. I was a fragile little girl back then, I didn't know how to defend myself. Then another boy would run towards me... not to hurt me but to save me. He beated the boy up that chased me and got him to leave me alone. All I know is that he had white hair. He ran away before I could get to know him." Lucina spoke, ending with a deep sigh that came from the bottom of her lungs. "I didn't expect to meet you here."

The memory that was part of other memories suddenly erupted from within Robin's mind. This girl, the one he just saved, was that same girl from a long time ago. He pointed, brought it back down and stayed silent. He felt a blush appear on his hidden face. Is she serious...! Robin Didn't know what to think next. He just turned around and didn't say anything.
It was quiet for a while. Neither of them knew what to say. Lucina wanted to say thanks for just now but couldn't bring herself to say it. "I..." Lucina tried to break the ice. "I hope you understand when I say I don't want anything to do with you anymore." Lucina suddenly said. She was surprised by her own words but if she said them without thinking they must've come from the heart. She started walking away slowly.

Robin didn't know if Lucina said that correctly. Not even a thank you? Normally, Robin didn't care what others thought of him, but with Lucina, he couldn't help but think otherwise. He reached out for her hand and spoke, "Now hold on, that's not-"

"Don't touch me!" Lucina slapped Robin's hand of hers. "You don't understand and you won't understand... you know too much!" Lucina held the hand he touched with her other hand. "I wanted to meet that guy ever since that day! I-I suppose I had developed a slight crush on him... That it's you makes everything so weird and awkward!" Lucina yelled. "I expected him to handsome and kind and-" She stopped for a moment and swallowed her words. "I-I mean... I'm not saying you're not handsome or... wait! That's not what I wanted to say!" She glared at him with tears in her eyes and left the alley in a hurry. Usually she would tell herself she was confused but not this time. She knew exactly what she wanted... or so she thought. The guy she had been hoping to meet ever since that day turned out to be Robin, it was hard for her to accept that...

------
«Falchion» [unequipped]
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
January 1, 2023

Happy New Year to all players of Sword Art Online! The ones that hurried to floor 5 have probably noticed that there's a large door in your way. This door is the entrance to a new boss room. Defeating this boss means access to floor 6 so in fact floor 5 is one big boss room floor! The door opens up for the ones tha are brave enough to face it. Just be warned! This boss likes to mess around so don't go alone...

(More information soon!)

Sisters
Theme
Old 1 Week Ago (12:29 PM).
Data_Error

Aria
Lvl. 12 | Exp. 35% | HP. 100% | Col. 976
Floor 4 - Lobria

The sun had long since gone down by the time Aria returned to the inn. "Sun" here being quite the loose term - more like a model of the sun made to give off the right amount of light and move at the right times to give the appearance of a cycling day and night. And it did its job well enough that most people didn't care to make much of a note of the difference, albeit the whole idea of the thing was still a touch unsettling if you thought about it too hard. Which was exactly the kind of thing that Aria was prone to do.

This was also the reason why Aria had taken so long to return after parting with Dragon - aside from her complusion to step into any conveniently-on-the-way armor shops to make sure that whe wasn't possbily overlooking a necesary item of defense. She kept turning the night over in her mind's eye, evaluating it from this angle and that. She had been, perchance, a bit stiff, but better so than to say something horridly offputting, at least. Not that Dragon likely would have paid it much mind - he seemed to be alarmingly relaxed for someone involve in tackling boss monsters. Perhaps it would pay off in the future to purposefully be a bit more laid-back? Aria chuckled to herself - there was something to be said about purposefully unguarding oneself in the interest of security in the long run.

On that note, Aria took a quick look at the the clock hovering just at the edge of her vision. A few minutes to midnight. And she, just a touch further than that long of a walk from the town square. This being the case, she figured it would be just as well that she should join the crowd looking to pop in on the next floor for a look. Couldn't hurt to at least see for herself what kind of environment she would be looking at going forward, even if it was completely out of the question for her to spend any length of time there without a partner or two.

And so she made her way toward the center of Lobria, meandering just enough that by the time that Aria reached the portal at five minutes past midnight, it seemed as though the bulk of the crowd had already dissapated, allowing her to stroll up and activate the device at her leisure.

When she did, Aria found herself alongside a gathering of other players immediately facing a door entirely too large to be practical. Clearly one of the "Boss Rooms" she had heard described, then. At least the more brazen players wouldn't take long to open the way to the sixth tier. Decisively filing that item under the "somebody else's problem" heading, Aria turned slowly in a circle to get a sense of the rest of the floor.

Or, rather, she tried to. It became immediately apparent that there wasn't, in fact, any "rest of the floor" to be had, but that the boss room was instead the sole feature of the area. No simple creatures to be poached for their system-mandated rewards. No quests offering satisfactory equipment to supplement the Lobria shops. Just a great, unknowable, historically-fatal monster.

NOPE.

Aria spun about on her heel and made an immediate course for the portal back to the floors below. She would have to think a bit in the morning on what her course of action would be until the boss was slain, but it would most certainly involve sitting this one out, thank you very much.
Old 1 Week Ago (09:28 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by ShinyDiamond.
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Robin - Lvl 12

Spoiler:

Lucina wouldn't listen to reason & just ran off, leaving Robin alone in the alley. He stood there alone, watching her leave the area. At the same time, Robin heard a chime. It was already midnight. Everything was dark with some light posts. Still, Robin did not move, only stare into nothing. He didn't know what to think. Lucina was that girl from a long time ago. He never expected her to be here, trapped in SAO, at all. When she found out, she couldn't handle talking to him. Robin couldn't figure out what made her regret seeing him after finding out. What can he do now? He knows she has a crush on him now, & so does he...to her, but deep down, he knew he shouldn't get close to anyone. He can't get attached to anyone, to protect them from him or anyone else.

Robin starts walking himself & heads to the teleport gate. "...I can't." He loves Lucina, but maybe it's better they don't talk to each other anymore. It'll save her the trouble, & he can focus on getting stronger to get everyone out of this prison of a game. Once at the teleport gate, he transports himself to Floor 3, then steps into the cold, frightful floor. He was planning on grinding all night until morning. He needs to keep up his training. He spots some Mantis Knights, takes out <<Nightfall>> & charges at them, "Aaargh!!"

Mamoru - Lvl 15
HP: 95% - EXP: 35% - Col: 2753

Spoiler:

Looks like the girl enjoyed my heroic story. Awesome! Usually whenever I tell someone my stories, they tell me to stop or just plain leave without me noticing. She says it was starting to get late, which I guess is true. She walks past him & heads on her way. I wave with a bright smile & shout, "If you ever wanna meet again, just look for any bsigns of me doing something unnatural!" Hey, even I know when I do crazy stuff. Judge if you want, I'm okay with that.

Guess I should hit the hay as well. Where's that inn I was staying at again? I check my map & see 3 inns located around the floor. There it is! I extend my index finger & point right at one of the inns. I close my menu & start running off. I give out another smile as I remember something, "Happy New Year, Robin!"

~Dia+PS~
Old 1 Week Ago (04:43 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Deceptio.
Deceptio
Strongest in Ikebukuro

Send a message via Skype™ to Deceptio

"Shadow of a new year."

Floor 3: Forest of Wavering Mist => Floor 4: Lobria
HP : 90% - Exp: 26% - Col: 2500
In the Field => The Lotus Inn

Pixels.

He never got total satisfaction because of that. When they died they just burst into pixels. If nothing else he supposed that it got rid of any real need to hide a body or cover his tracks, but it was still so painfully boring. Sleeping out in the field like this girl had been on New Years Eve also royally pissed him off. It was no fun when they were so easy to take care of... so stupid! He had told this girl his life story as a joke... scared her off to follow her later. She had seemed so paranoid for the first few days, checking over her shoulder... spending so much time with friends... still after a while she forgot about him as he expected she would. He was a ghost, a spectral entity almost. When he didn't want to be known about, he wasn't... and this girl had barely even tried to find him out.

Give it two weeks and its New Years Eve, little lady goes to her boyfriend and tells her to meet him by some damn glade in the field just outside of town on the fourth floor. Says she wants to spend New Years with him... ****ing sickening. Anyways, it gave him the opportunity he needed. Fella doesn't show, maybe not bothered...

Maybe dead?

Kyusai, or Vanish as he went by in game, didn't really care. Either way the girl, completely unaware of any danger, lies down in the glade waiting for mister right and falls asleep.

He had noticed how dainty her hand was as he carefully moved it across the menu interface. It was a shame that the dude hadn't showed up actually, Vanish had to admit that his latest victim was worth a grope while she was laying there so peacefully... he didn't do it of course, that would have been unfriendly, unsanitary and incredibly rude. Say what you want about Kyusai, but at least he was a gentleman and a professional. That sort of behavior was uncalled for.

Once the duel started he did the usual procedure, slap to the face to wake her up and get a reaction, hand over the mouth before she could draw a weapon or, God forbid, scream. Drag the knife slowly across ones own tongue to activate the sword art... and to really instill fear in the target.

Stab. Stab. Stab.

Well, this one was low level, so two stabs was enough. Another reason to be disappointed! Either way, her expression was vaguely interesting before she noticed her HP drop and this boring sense of hopelessness washed over her as she shattered into polygons and data bits.

Boring. "Samey" even.

"Hey! Sorry I'm- O-Oh?"

Was that a voice? A masculine voice? Kyusai turned his head and smiled somewhat, it was a natural and friendly smile. He knew this one... this was the boyfriend. Just a little too late and the poor fool had no idea that his lady love was even dead and gone... maybe the whole "no remains only pixels" things wasn't so terrible after all. Kyusai spoke to the new arrival in a happy and explanatory tone.

"Oho... sorry, were you looking for somebody else? There was a girl here a moment ago... she looked to be crying... though I was pretty far away when I looked." He paused momentarily, masterfully faked worry crossing over his face before he continued.

"I decided to come over here to see what was wrong, but before I could get close she was running away... was she a friend of yours maybe? Perhaps the person you thought would be here instead of, well, me?"

The young man grimaced horribly and approached Vanish with a disappointed look in his eyes. He was ashamed, bless him.

"Yeah man, she was my girlfriend, my one and only... I was meant to meet her here but I was caught up with some mobs. Sorry if my actions had you worried for her... did you see which way she went?"

Vanish patted the ignorant and foolish mans shoulder and pointed to an area where he knew some high level mobs just loved to hang out. The smile on his face remained and beamed with understanding and slight pity. A facade of emotions so perfect that not even the worlds greatest detectives could pick out the lies.

"I think she went that way man, hey don't worry about it... we all make stupid mistakes sometimes... right?"

"Thanks man, you're a real life saver! I'll see you around."

Vanish waved and smiled until the man disappeared around a corner somewhere, far out of view... right into the clutches of what would presumably be his death. Two victims, one night, a couple no less. Kyusai smiled with a tinge of insanity. Things had turned out so much better than he had hoped. He could barely contain his happiness as the night of New Years eve drew to a close and the morning of the new cycle began in full swing.

"Ha... haha... HAHAHAHA! HAHAHA! HAPPY NEW YEAR! AND MANY HAPPY RETURNS!"

Vanish walked in tiredly to the lotus inn, back up on floor 4, following that girl all the way back to three had been a pain... and even though he had enjoyed himself thoroughly in the end, he was still left with a sour taste in his mouth after his trek back up.

Still, the inn was a nice place, nice people... though it really made Kyusai feel out of place sometimes. But there were no major threats there and that's what mattered most. The people there were all fairly meh in terms of level... as was he really, but he could tell that just by looking at some of the chumps that frequented the place that they wouldn't be attaining his level of skill anytime soon.

"Yo, Vanish! Back so soon?"

A friendly voice. A player who trusted him foolishly, even was kind enough to get him his new favorite jacket. He got to live for that! Vanish had some time for this man because of this... he could put up with the fools stupid small talk and dialect if it meant using him for more potential armor in the future.

"Yo, happy new year Santoma." Vanish grimaced internally. Stupid meaningless username. "What's up?"

"Not much man." The jester replied in an attempt to amuse the king. "But hey you like unique people right? Folks who don't look like most others passing through? Something about exciting stories or-"

"Yes. Santoma. That's exactly it." His interest rose. Another face to add to his memories... a more unique individual to receive reactions from. Was the jester speaking of a man or a woman? A genius or an idiot? Could it have been someone worth toying with? An expression worth festering and feeding off of... every emotion from friendship, to shock, to pain... to even the understanding of their own demise? Santoma had best hurry speaking.

"Yeah... eh, there's this girl here I heard... fought a boss or something, crafted a really awesome robe..." Santoma spoke and vanish listened with further intent. Boss materials? Rare robe? Was this finally someone skilled...? Someone whom Kyusai could follow for a while... someone he might actually have to try to kill? A worthwhile experience after all this time?!

Santoma pointed across the room to a girl with short purple hair and what was truly a fabulous looking robe indeed. The jester nudged Vanish in the side gently.

"Hey, Vanish... she's pretty cute huh? You think I stand a-"

"No." Vanish stood up from his seat and quickly shot Santoma down, he left the fool at the bar and moved to approach the young woman.

"H-Hey man! C'mon! Help a brother out."

The fact he was still talking royally pissed Kyusai off. The worthless piece of human feces was lucky that he could craft light and medium armor as well as he did.

Vanish didn't openly approach the girl, he observed her for a while... watched her face change with her emotion. The shape of her visage... the way her hair flowed as her slightest features changed... everything about her. How very interesting... oh yes this one was a jackpot! There was a strange kind of resolve in her, he could smell it, see it, taste it from even that far away. She was going to be part of something bigger... Kyusai just knew it. She had that aura about her.

Finally... someone worth his time. He could use her. If she was going places... then he could hitchhike a ride. Yes, he liked the idea of that. Still, it was all just assumption work. If she ended up being worthless to him in the long run like so many others, then he could just kill her for kicks. He was sure at least that her cute face would offer the most adorable look of pain... emotionally and physically if he could gain her trust first.

Now, time for phase one. Subtle flattery, basic conversation making and establishing of a common goal.

Vanish moved to where the girl was and pulled a nearby seat close to her.

"You mind?" He was a handsome man, Kyusai, no doubt about it... and a master of manipulation and lies. There was a certain charm to him in his friendly state... the kind of thing that made many girls swoon. Though wether or not this girl was the "ooo he's attractive" type was yet to be seen.

"That's an incredible robe..." Kyusai said as he sat down. "I was told by a friend of mine who hears more than he should that you made that thing out of a boss material? That takes some serious skill. I bet the story behind that armor's creation is one just dying to be told, neh?" He smiled warmly at the girl, before extending his hand in an act of fluster and embarrassment.

"A-ahh sorry! Where are my manners... I was just curious so... eh... anyways, I'm Vanish, just your typical player I guess." He shrugged gently as his hand sat in the air, offering a shake.

"I suppose before all of that other stuff... I should ask your name right?" He scratched his nose in a way that made him seem awkward... and his cheeks turned red with blush.

It was terrifying for those in the know to think that Kyusai was even capable of replicating basic body language in order to convey a certain atmosphere to himself.
Old 1 Week Ago (01:33 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by machomuu.
machomuu
Community Supporter

The Family (Godot, Kagome, Tara, and Apathy)
Floor 4 - Home

"...And that's why we're late..." A rather apologetic Kagome said in a shaken voice. Godot, with his elbow on the chair next to him and his left hand tapping against the table, glared at Kagome from across the table. This was two parts indecision, as he was slightly put off by the strange way Kagome addressed herself and her sisters in the narration (Elder Sister, Younger Sister, and the like) and he wasn't exactly sure what to do about their venture. There was a short silence, with only the sounds of Tara, who was on Godot's lap palming chips into her mouth. Apathy was sitting close to her sister, looking down at the table. Godot pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

"Well, I'm disappointed," He started. "Disappointed that you disobeyed me." Kagome's lips started to quiver, and Apathy looked over at her sister. Godot leaned his head back and took a deep breath. "But...I'm not your father. The only person I can call my child," he patted his right hand on Tara's head, who jumped slightly as he did, but continued to eat her chips almost robotically, "is this little chili pepper right here." He raised his head again. "So you can understand why I feel this way. I'm not going to tell you what you can and can't do, but know that I worry about all of you, and that I told you not to take her out into the wild because I worry for her safety."

"I'm sorry, I just..." Kagome continued to look down at the table as she said this, tears welling up.

"That said..." Godot continued, "part of me's glad." Kagome looked up, surprised. "I'm glad that you're taking care of Tara- that you're looking out for her. You're a good sister, trying to prepare her for the real world...so to speak." Kagome's frown turned into a small smile upon hearing this. "And that's why I'm disowning you as my sister." At this, Kagome shot up from her chair, which tipped over and fell to the floor.

"WHAT!?" She yelled, slamming her hands on the table, causing Tara to jump again, dropping a chip on the floor. Godot picked up the chip, placing it on the counter behind him, and looked back at Kagome with a stern look. "You can't decide that! That's not something you can do! This is a matter of blood!"

"Sis, calm down," Apathy said lightly. "Your getting to that point again." She looked away and said even lighter, "Plus, you and Godot aren't blood related, y'know..."

Kagome looked to the side, frustrated, and took her seat. "Sorry, you know how I get about stuff like this..." She took a deep breath and met Godot's eyes. "But that doesn't change the fact. Why are you doing this?"

"Because, I'm adopting you," Godot said calmly. "You and your sister. I want you both to be my daughters." Kagome's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. The idea was completely out of left field, and she was left speechless. "As for why...well, there are several reasons." Godot lifted Tara up slightly and stood, placing her in the chair. It made reaching into the bowl something of a chore given how short she was. As a result, Godot walked over to the kitchen area behind him, took out a clean pot, and placed it under Tara for elevation. "First, I thought it would be strange for this one to have a sister that also happens to be my sister, it raises certain questions that I'm not prepared to answer." Godot walked over to the kitchen area once again and started taking out bowls. "Second, I bought a house big enough for all four of us to live in. It has three rooms and one of them has a bunk. You and Rise can share a room or, and this is a request from me, Rise can stay in a room with Tara." He walked back over to the table, placing a bowl in front of four of the seats. He looked to Apathy and said, "If that's okay with you, of course. I'd understand if you didn't want to since you and your sister have several years to catch up on." Apathy, whose face was red, didn't seem able to respond, she simply looked down at the table as if she was concentrating on something, prompting a chuckle from Godot. Apart from being overwhelmed by the whole ordeal, much like her sister, she was also probably flustered by Godot so casually calling her by her first name.

Godot walked over and picked up the pot containing the Grier's Stew, returning to the table and distributing a hearty amount into each of the bowls, prompting thanks from Kagome and Tara, the latter of whom was excited at the prospect of more food. He then sat down himself and continued. "The third reason is because...well, this is a bit embarrassing to admit..." Godot scratched the side of his head and laughed nervously. "I'm...not very confident in my ability to be a father. I don't know if I can take care of Tara or even keep her safe. I'm only twenty-five after all- I don't even know if I'm qualified, but-"

Suddenly, Godot was cut off. "Is this some kind of fetish." It came from Apathy who, prior to that point, was mostly silent. "This seems like some kind of excuse for you to take baths with us and say things like, 'I'm your father, listen to me,' while we subserviently meet your every demand and call you 'daddy'." She hugged her shoulders tightly and shuddered. "Then when we're asleep you plan to do unsavory things to us and take advantage of the fact that we're in a safe zone and can't defend ourselves, probably stocking our wardrobes with clothes that are two sizes too small and hiding our armor so that we're forced to go out like that." With a cringe, she uttered, "That's seriously disgusting." Of course, at this all Godot could do was smirk. It'd been some time since he'd last heard her talk at a length, and he was rather fond of how her sense of humor completely betrayed her stone mask. Escaping from the ruse, she picked up her spoon and dipped it into the stew. "...But yeah, I guess. I'll room with Tara."

Godot turned to Kagome and said, "Well, that's one down. How about you?" Kagome was in awe of her sister's sudden 180 and surprised of how little she knew of her sister's new personality. Turning back to Godot, she looked down indecisively before responding. "Do we have to call you 'dad'?

Godot chuckled slightly, "I'll leave that up to you girls, I think you're responsible enough to make that decision for yourselves."

Kagome thought for a moment before responding once more. "Alright then, Pops, starting today, we're a family!" It felt weird for Godot to be called something other than "Godot" or "William", but upon hearing this he was filled with happiness- until Kagome continued. "And as a family, we've come to a decision. All three of us." Godot, who was about to eat some of his stew and had the spoon in front of his mouth at the time of hearing this, raised an eyebrow. It was Tara who continued.

"Daddy, you're weak!" She said rather indignantly. To Godot, these words were a stab through the heart, and he dropped his spoon as if he actually had been stabbed.

"Yeah, according to Kagome, you're still level fourteen," Apathy chimed in, slurping some of the stew. "You're only one level higher than me, now, and for someone who's as much of a battleborn as you supposedly are, you're really weak."

"That pretty much decides it," a jolly Kagome joined in. "You are completely and utterly weak. I honestly don't know how you plan to protect your daughters when you're so weak. You couldn't even take on Tara, and she's only level 2!"

At this, Tara puffed her cheeks and confidently punched one hand into the palm of her other, saying in a cute voice desperately trying to sound tough, "Imma beat ya up!" At this point, Godot was at a loss for words.

Apathy, raising her hand, said, "I taught her that for just such an occasion."

The three girls stood up, took the awestruck Godot by his arms, and picked him up (with Tara pushing him from behind). "So it's decided!" Kagome said, as they dragged Godot towards the door. "You're not allowed back into this house until you're strong enough. I hear floor 5 is pretty fun!"

"B-but-" Godot tried to speak, dragging his feet across the floor and flailing, but ultimately it was a futile effort. He was pushed out of the door, with the doorway blocked by the girls, all of whom were waving with mischievous smiles on their faces.

"Bye daddy!" Tara said, "We can clean up, okay!?"

"Don't come back until you're level 30." Apathy said in a cold manner- so cold Godot almost took her words seriously.

"We'll take care of our little sister. And hey, if you need a place to stay, why not ask your girlfriend?" Kagome said. It was responsible, no doubt, but considering "his girlfriend" (referring to Lucina) wasn't actually his girlfriend at all and that it would be incredibly awkward asking such a thing, he couldn't help but sulk at being put out knowing that he'd have to go to an inn.

With this, the door was slammed shut, leaving Godot to wallow in self-pity.
"They didn't even let me eat any of the stew..." He got to his feet and let out a heavy sigh. "Whelp...might as well check out the nearest inn..."
Old 1 Week Ago (12:08 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Rose Quartz.
Rose Quartz
Hey hoo~

Lucina
Player level 17

Lucina ran and ran until she was literally tired. She didn't know what to think anymore. Somehow every guy she became friends with within this game turned out really strange or does something really strange. If it wasn't kissing her without a good solid reason it was sort of saving her and turning out to be someone from the past. Lucina was angry at herself at this point, how could she have been so stupid as to not notice?! She sighed and decided to return to the inn for now. Her hands were shaking and she felt something on her cheeks. As soon as she tried to touch it it turned into pixels though. Were those tears? Lucina wiped her face as soon as possible. No one was allowed to see her cry. No one.

Lucina opened her inventory to equip her armor again to feel safer but as soon as her eyes crossed her health bar she stopped. Her face turned even paler than she already was and her eyes widened as she slowly but steadily brought a hand to her mouth. Lucina was shocked to find an unknown status near her health bar. Actually... it wasn't really unknown to her. This was the same status another player she was close with had and deceased because of it... It was the bleeding status.

Lucina stood like that for a few moments before regaining a grip on her emotions on her face. She already decided she couldn't let anyone know about this. Esspecially Robin because he'd just give himself another reason to try to "save" her. Lucina couldn't be saved anymore, at least... as far as she knew this status appears randomly and doesn't disappear. All she could do now was postpone her dead by occasionally using a health potion when her health bar hits the yellow zone. How much did Lucina have left though...? She took a quick look into her inventory and found five health potions. She could live until at least morning with this since stores were closed by now.

"Why me..." Lucina told herself quietly. It was not fair... She had a sister at home. Though, if Lucina made sure she'd keep using these potions, could she actually survive until the very end? Giving up on her own life wasn't an option so she had not much of a choice. Lucina returned to the inn with these thoughts and totally forgot to change into her armor.

------
«Falchion» [unequipped]

Lacy
Player level 15
Floor 4: Lobria, Lotus inn.

Lacy watched the beautiful lights in the sky as the clock hit 12. It was the 1st of January now... 17 days before her sisters birhday. She didn't know why her big sister was the first to come to mind. Probably because Lacy would've loved to spend this moment with her but on a second thought... she could already see her sister's angry face as soon as she finds out her little sister entered this game of death as well! Lacy couldn't help but smile a little bit and wonder how her sister was doing, would she have made friends yet?

Lacy felt a little cold and decided to sit somewhere inside the inn with a drink instead. She ordered some hot chocolate from the counter and sat on a nearby table with her drink, sipping carefully while drinking the hot liquid. Even thought this was all just a game, eating and drinking something you liked was somehow satisfying. She enjoyed her drink a little more before a male player with solid black hair decided to sit down close to her. "You mind?" he said with a voice that didn't sound to bad, though... Lacy wasn't going to fall for his flirting tricks this easily. "That's an incredible robe..." The boy said as he sa down. "I was told by a friend of mine who hears more than he should that you made that thing out of a boss material? That takes some serious skill. I bet the story behind that armor's creation is one just dying to be told, neh?" He smiled warmly. Lacy couldn't help but think he was going to be one of those guys searching for a girlfriend and had to refuse again. Though... This one had a strange and dangerous aura around him unlike other guys. What was his story?

"A-ahh sorry! Where are my manners... I was just curious so... eh... anyways, I'm Vanish, just your typical player I guess. I suppose before all of that other stuff... I should ask your name right?" Vanish lifted his hand in the air to offer a shake. For a few seconds Lacy just stared at him. She was surprised by the fact that this turned out to be a rumor. Did any of the guys speak out of their turn? "Maybe he isn't like the others." She thought as a small and gentle smile spread on her lips. "My name is Lacy." She introduced as she shaked his hand. "It didn't quite go like that. Firstly, it was just a mini-boss and second, I had help from a few friends. The sewing part was my job though if I can brag about anything... It took a pretty long time to get my sewing level this high." Lacy took another sip of her hot chocolate. "See? Rumors are rumors because people usually make it sound more beautiful than it actually is."

-------

«Cloak of courage» [equipped]
«Hair dye: Violet» [applied]

Sisters
Theme
Old 6 Days Ago (10:51 AM).
Deceptio
Strongest in Ikebukuro

"A New Play Thing."

HP : 100% - Exp: 26% - Col: 2475
The Lotus Inn

"My name is Lacy."

Vanish nodded gently, his generally friendly and happy go lucky attitude shining brightly enough to conceal the dastardly things within. In his mind he spoke to himself, his brain swimming with dark and demonic things as his eyes watched the girls face with feigned interest and hidden glee.

"Lacy... Lacy... Lacy..." In his thoughts he rolled the word over and over through his mind. "What a pretty little thing you are... Lacy... Lacy... La~cy~chaaan!~ I wonder how well you scream? How twisted your face would be when I cause it pain, such an intriguing one I sense, when I sense you." Vanish imagined many things, dark, twisted and just plain wrong and disturbing. He relished the thought of driving this girl through horror and he couldn't tell why. Was this what they called love at first sight? Hoho, if Vanish equated love to death then surely it was.

On the outside, Vanish seemed to contemplate momentarily before smiling at Lacy gently. It was a warm and true smile, a genuine friendly appearance. "Ahh, Lacy huh? Short, sweet and to the point. I like it!"

Vanish looked inquisitively as Lacy continued on to speak about the rumor he had heard.

"It didn't quite go like that. Firstly, it was just a mini-boss and second, I had help from a few friends. The sewing part was my job though if I can brag about anything... It took a pretty long time to get my sewing level this high." Lacy sipped from a small cup of hot chocolate she had purchased presumably before Vanish had arrived. Hmm? Hot chocolate? That could work.

"See? Rumors are rumors because people usually make it sound more beautiful than it actually is." Vanish couldn't help but grin gently outwardly as on the inside he laughed like a damned maniac.

"Haha, sorry, my friend does tend to exaggerate things I suppose." He nodded gently and took on a somewhat more serious expression. "I've had friends who've trusted what they hear too quickly you know? So I know what you mean."

Gentle suggestion was one of Vanish's favorite tactics. He made sure to put the slightest amount of emphasis on the word "had". Not enough to make it obvious that he had intended it to be heard, but just barely enough to make it noticeable. Pity was a powerful tool in the puppet masters trade, people are always more inclined to trust victims. If this Lacy girl asked about those friends he "had" then he could list her a sob story that stretched a mile long. A poor man like little old Vanish, suffering from the pain of loss and looking for friends, whom could possibly feel threatened by that? Still, Vanish didn't like to take chances and a little bit of subtle influence to give him a more trusting atmosphere was required.

So he called a passing waiter.

"Excuse me sir, might I have one hot chocolate please?" He ordered and accepted the drink readily before taking a sip. The great thing about ordering food in a game was that it never took long to arrive.

"Ahh... I love hot chocolate you know? I sometimes get jeered for not being "mature enough" for coffee. But if you ask me coffee is too bitter. I prefer warm, sweet drinks, especially on cold nights like this you know?" He took another sip and smiled genuinely, in both mind and body this time.

That hadn't actually been a lie. Sure he was using it as bait to make this girl more comfortable in his company, similar likes and all that, but he did genuinely mean what he had said. He loved hot chocolate!
Old 5 Days Ago (07:19 AM).
Rose Quartz
Hey hoo~

Lacy
Player level 15
Floor 4: Lobria, Lotus inn.

"Haha, sorry, my friend does tend to exaggerate things I suppose." Vanish nodded and took a more serious expression. Lacy thought he was somewhat dissapointed that the story was less amazing than his friend had told him. Lacy didn't mind because she wasn't going to brag about something that didn't happen. The only amazing thing here was her sewing skill. Lacy took another sip of her hot chocolate as she continued to listen. "I've had friends who've trusted what they hear too quickly you know? So I know what you mean." Vanish said and got Lacy's curiosity.

"Excuse me sir, might I have one hot chocolate please?" Vanish called for a passing waiter and soon they ended up enjoying a hot chocolate on this late night together. There were a few things that bothered Lacy. One was that he used "had" in a past tense, meaning that he no longer had these friends. Something that bothered her more was his username. Why would a kind and sweet guy like him use such a hideous username? There had to be some kind of story behind it.

"Ahh... I love hot chocolate you know? I sometimes get jeered for not being "mature enough" for coffee. But if you ask me coffee is too bitter. I prefer warm, sweet drinks, especially on cold nights like this you know?" Vanish shook Lacy out of her thoughts. Lacy blinked a few times before smiling her warmest smile. "Yeah, I don't like coffee either. I think the taste is just awful... I like sweets a lot but as soon as it has a coffee flavor I can't help but disliking it. I prefer tea or hot chocolate." Lacy said as she stared at her hot chocolate. It had been a very long time since she and Lucina had shared a cup of good tea together. It somehow made Lacy feel like she had been neglecting her older sister as she was living her own life. They had grown apart yet they were still so close.

"I've been dying to ask you but I thought it would be rude... I need to feed my curiosity so tell me, why did you choose Vanish to be your username?" Lacy asked straight out.

-------

«Cloak of courage» [equipped]
«Hair dye: Violet» [applied]

Boss Information!!!
Received from Beta-testers. Thank you for cooperating!

The Ghastlygaze, lvl 25

Known Attacks:
  • Tentacle
    The Ghastlygaze will use his tentacles to hit everything around him. His tentacles will grow longer thus making it almost impossible to escape this attack.
  • Ghastycrunch
    The tentacles will bite players that are closer than 3 meter. This attack is a rather harsh one and should be avoided as one bite leads to paralysis.
  • ???
    Unknown attack
  • ???
    Unknown attack

Weak spots:
  • Big eye (!)
    The big eye can't be reached until all tentacles are taken out for an unknown time.
  • Tentacles
  • ???

Information will be added as the boss fight proceeds!

Bed time!

I hope you all enjoyed New Year's eve, however, it's time to get some sleep now! The day will end on April 1st in real life time. You have until then to end your days as the GM's will write the day beginning post on that day.

The boss room can't be entered until the new day starts!

Good night~

Sisters
Theme
Old 5 Days Ago (12:12 AM).
Deceptio
Strongest in Ikebukuro

"Names are powerful things."

HP : 100% - Exp: 26% - Col: 2475
The Lotus Inn

What a... lovely smile she had.

Lacy had smiled warmly at him as he ordered the hot chocolate and spoke about his enjoyment of the beverage over other hot drinks. It seemed that his idea had worked just as he had intended. The girl was quickly growing more relaxed, her body language and tone of voice had changed drastically and Vanish was now able to see a little bit deeper into her features. Allowing himself to glance just a little bit more fondly, examining her gently while still not overstepping his boundaries.

He liked her smile... and her eyes were rather distracting as well. She was certainly even better looking than the girl whom he had slaughtered just a short while before this encounter. Though pretty and other forms of attraction didn't go so hand and hand and Vanish had to admit that the idea of groping wouldn't have even crossed his mind had she have been his victim, again, not that he would have done it anyway. He was a gentleman. But all fellows would have thoughts like that pop into their heads briefly when looming over a sleeping girl. It was animal instinct and all that, he just admitted it while others would shake it away in shame.

But all of that vulgar mental imagery was still rather disturbing to him when she had such a pretty smile. He almost felt bad about killing her later, it was that pretty. Still the key word here is "almost".

"Yeah, I don't like coffee either. I think the taste is just awful... I like sweets a lot but as soon as it has a coffee flavor I can't help but disliking it. I prefer tea or hot chocolate."

Vanish perked up gently as the girl stared into her beverage. He was a genius in empathy despite being incapable of many emotions himself. He could read others for basic signs like looks of upset, loss and longing. This girl had that sort of gaze, like she wanted something that she no longer had. Could he use this to his advantage? Could it be used to bend her to his will?

"Fuwahahaha! HAHAHA! Poor child, an empty hole in her heart? I'll fill that nicely I'm sure, with my "friendship" first and my knife to follow!" His sickeningly twisted goals reverberated in his mind and a small smile flicked momentarily across his lips as she wasn't looking. He opened his mouth to say something then, perhaps an attempt to comfort? A query as to wether or not she was alright? Something to further instill in her the belief that he was a kind and caring soul? He supposed she would never know as before he could say a word she was speaking again.

"I've been dying to ask you but I thought it would be rude... I need to feed my curiosity so tell me, why did you choose Vanish to be your username?"

She was curious about him?

"Ha... hehahehhahaheha.... HAHAHAHA! HA... ha... eh..." In his mind his manic hysterics were almost out of control. "It's just so rare to draw interest at all on the first meeting... Nande? Nande?! Nande?! Why am I so good at pretending? If she could only see inside my mind, the horror would be so sweet to witness... but not yet, I want to draw this out longer, much longer."

On the outside Vanish was as composed as ever as he spoke. Not showing any signs of his inner monologue to the outside world at all.

"Names are powerful things don't you think? I'll admit that the reason behind my name is a little corny, but it means a lot to me." He sighed gently, his eyes showed subtle pain. Yet was this pain real or false? Only Vanish really knew. But from what he'd been doing so far... was the answer really all that difficult to guess?

"..."

"I guess I had a pretty crappy life outside of here you know? Sometimes I just wanted to disappear so that nobody would find me. To... "Vanish" yeah?" He smirked awkwardly and scratched the back of his head. "But well, I guess it sounds a bit silly when I think about it like that... it was one of those on the spot usernames you regret later, that's all. Haha!" Kyusai blushed a little and smiled brightly before looking away awkwardly.

"Neh, Lacy... it's late yeah? I'm going to make assumptions and guess that you're going to be staying the night?" He smiled softly, it was an innocent and pure smile, one that held no malice or evil.

"I suppose I'd best rest here too... it's safer than in the field anyway." With that ironic statement he finished his hot chocolate and stood from the table, moving towards the bar to order a room, he looked back and waved gently. "Don't rush off too quickly in the morning if you plan to, alright? I think it would be fun for us to talk again!"

With that Vanish turned so that his face was hidden from her view... and he scowled. Why did he suddenly feel so annoyed?

"Stupid girl." Was all that passed through his mind as he took out some gold and prepared to pay the innkeeper.
Old 3 Days Ago (10:18 AM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

William Danielson||Godot
Lv. 14||Floor 3

A Sword to Call my Own

After being kicked out of his new home, Godot started towards an Inn before quickly realizing that finances weren't on his side, Godot made for floor 3. This was something of a challenge for Godot, as he had no longer had Mammon's Fang, the sword that he had with him for some time. In retrospect, it was perfect. It was light and complimented his speed, and it was a good length. With that in mind, he had to wonder if it was not so much that the sword was perfect for him as it was that he had simply grown accustomed to the sword. He'd only ever had one other sword, and that was the starting sword, which was practically a distant memory. He'd already had Mammon's Fangby the time he'd met Alistair, and because he'd held onto it for so long he started to grow attached to it, though unknowingly. It wasn't until it broke that he really noticed that he'd placed any stock in the sword.

Regardless, there he was, a cutlass in his hand, facing off against a group of Salamander Warriors. Granted, the cutlass wasn't his choice of a weapon, one of the salamanders who he'd fought and killed earlier left it as a drop. It was called a Basic Cutlass, and its stats supported that. That wasn't the problem, of course- the problem was that it was cutlass. Now, ironically, this was ironic, as it was indeed a curved sword covered by his skill but...he felt unsatisfied. It was so strangely uncomfortable using a sword so different than a katana, and he was never a big fan of cutlasses because of their design. That was his reason for going to the third floor actually, he had to find something. He had to find a sword for him. He felt confident in his ability prior to fighting the boss with Lacy, Ryuu...sei, and the poet because Mammon's Fangwas like an extension of himself.

That said, he didn't want a new katana specifically, he considered that he may actually be holding himself back by confining himself to a single weapon or weapon type. It wasn't much that he was caught up on his old sword's loss- rather, it was difficult getting accustomed to something so different. The idea behind his being locked out was that he was supposed to get stronger for the sake of protecting his family. This meant more than just leveling, and he needed to take the opportunity by the horns. He was actually on his way to fight a strong enemy- a Salamander Knight. It wasn't a boss; rather, it was a monster that spawned after defeating a certain number of Salamander Warriors in a specific area. Supposedly, it used a large, heavy sword that dropped upon defeat. This wasn't really a commonly seen monster, largely because the Salamander Warriors are more trouble than it's worth- in that the experience gain isn't that great and the sword isn't strong enough to waste time on.

Godot was currently fighting four Salamander Warriors at once, and though he was slightly uncomfortable, he bobbed and weaved rather gracefully. The idea when fighting four, for this specific fight, was to lead them all into a cluster and take them out all at once, and that's just what he did. Due to them all being close range and their size, only two of them would ever attack at a time. Generally Godot would have his face to one, which he would hit for slight damage, and then he would get back, watching his back for other attacks. This wasn't the safest way to do it, nor was it the most efficient, but the key to the fight wasn't so much he be able to defeat the salamanders as it was that he test the speed and handling of the cutlass.

Eventually after enough time had passed, Godot baited the warriors into a circle and used Dash Flurry to clear them out all at once. He looked at the cutlass with uncertainty and said, "Nah...it just doesn't feel right." Finally, the Salamander Knight appeared with a boom and attacked without hesitation.

"The Baron, huh?" Godot said, looking at his new sword in his inventory. He equipped his sword and immediately felt a large weight on his back that pulled him to the ground with a grunt. "H-holy..." Godot took a deep breath rolled over to his front, promptly pushing himself up and getting back to his feet. Upon standing, he stumbled backwards, then forwards, trying to regain balance. Finally, he stood tall, realizing that it was more the sudden change in weight that caused him to fall rather than the sword being unbelievably heavy. He reached for the sword on his back and brought it to the front, grasping it with both hands. "Man," he started, surprised, "it really is amazing how mobile Hitomiko can be with her sword despite how heavy these things are. I imagine she trained alot, given how she handles Meteor Blade." It really was amazing. He briefly tried to hold the sword with one arm, but it quickly fell to the ground and planted its front into the rock below. Given how Kagome's move made the sword heavier and that she often used the attack in the air, her Strength stat must have been pretty high.

Godot picked the sword back up with both hands and swung it a few times. It was difficult to manage, but he'd played enough Monster Hunter to know how it handled. That said, merely expecting a lower speed and actually being pushed and pulled by the blade were quite different. It was...uncomfortable, but not off-putting. He swung left and right, getting a feel for the blade's weight. He then swung, let go of the blade with one hand and plunged the blade into the ground with the other. "Hm..." He had to wonder if it was a good fit for him at all, as the sword betrayed his speed and left him simply with slugishness. He imagined if he had more muscle, it wouldn't be too much of a problem, but actual attack strength and speed were more his forte. He returned the sword to his back and unequipped it. Looking to the side, he sighed and said, "Well, I guess...I should head back."

Godot started back in the direction he entered from with a yawn, before hitting a wall. Stumbling, he immediately looked up. "Dammit." He said. The wall reached up rather high. "Dammit!" He looked left and right, noticing that only walls stretched and that the area he'd entered from was completely replaced. "DAMMIT!" He yelled. It was a trap. He'd heard of rooms where people would get trapped until they completed a certain task. Though frustration seeped through his voice, he couldn't help but feel a twinge of excitement that burned his scalp.

The ground at Godot's feet collapsed, and with that, he fell.

William Danielson||Godot
Lv. 15||Floor 4

Stumbling back through the teleporter, Godot rubbed his hand against his eye and looked around. "I...should probably get some sleep," he said. Godot headed towards an inn he'd seen when he was surveying the town, and upon checking his available funds he realized that he was completely, utterly, 100% broke. Wait...what!? He fumbled about his person, as if he were going to find some col in one of his pockets, but his efforts were futile. That's when he remembered...It must have been then. After all, he was broke despite having defeated several monsters, as well as the salamanders. Despair filled him. He didn't have the energy to return to the third floor and rest in a high place, and there was no way his family would let him back in. He was out of options, and at that point, he was pretty much destined to fall unconscious on a street corner.

That was, until he saw her. The night was a busy one, being of the New Years duology as it was, but her face shown bright like a star in the night- not metaphorically. Call it fatigue, but Lucina was quite literally shining. It was probably something to be worried about, but Godot handwaved the thought. He practically ran over to her, clasped both of his hands together, and leaned in, completely bypassing all formalities. It was clear that he wasn't just tired- it was a miracle that he made it back to the fourth floor conscious. He was borderline delirious from exhaustion and the recent excitement. "C-can I stay with you? Please!?" Normally, he wouldn't drop something so troublesome on her like that, certainly not as directly as he did, but he wasn't exactly in the right state of mind. "My daughters kicked me out and a giant fish took my money!" He looked at her. "I would be forever indebted if you would allow me to share your bed. Or a couch. Maybe a stoolchair. How about the hardwood floor!?" He was rambling, and he was less than self-aware. If he had been able to watch himself, he would feel no end of shame.
Old 3 Days Ago (10:53 AM). Edited 3 Days Ago by なぎ.
なぎ
n a g i

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to なぎ

As she proceeded, Wisp only vaguely noticed the boy shouting something after her. She was too preoccupied with resisting the urge to punch him at the moment. How could someone be so self-absorbed to go into a monologue about a duel that just occurred, and at the same time be dense enough to not realise that the person listening was really not amused - to the point of walking away? Was he just an idiot? Well, at least he had been a fun distraction for a little bit... It'd been a while since she had spoken to anyone in such a relaxed manner anyway.

Wisp started to walk slower until she stood still as that realisation dawned on her.

How long HAD it been since she last had a normal conversation with anyone? And why did it happen this time? Her colour cursor obviously hadn't changed. Had the guy really not noticed that either? He was THAT dense?
She suddenly burst out in laughter. No way! Really? She looked over her shoulder, but as she was already a few streets further, of course he wasn't in sight anymore. She let out a sigh before continuing on her way to the inn.
Maybe meeting him again wouldn't be so bad after all.

The inn she was heading to for the night was the Cricket Inn. It was a small building, with only 5 bedrooms or so. She'd slept there before as well, and as it was sort of on the outskirts of town she didn't have much trouble staying there. It didn't even have a proper bar, so there was very little chance of running into someone she knew, too.
As she headed inside Wisp received a friendly greeting from the NPC innkeeper. She smiled back at him weakly. No matter how hard she tried to pretend, it always stung a little, which in turn frustrated her. She should be used to being alone by now...

She sighed again when she closed and locked the door to her room behind her. Safe for the night. She looked outside the window and listened to the hustle and bustle in the city center. Tonight was that night, after all.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, WISP!
January 1, 2023

She received the notification exactly at midnight, and she listened to the church clock outside ring twelve times before she closed the notification screen. 2023 already, huh. She wondered if and how her parents were celebrating it this year. She unequipped her cloak and boots and crawled into bed. If they could see her now, what had become of her... what would they think?

Because of her exhaustion - she had been up for over 24 hours, after all - Wisp soon fell into a deep sleep.
x

- said if you won't save me, please don't waste my time.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links