• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can someone help me improve my Pokemon Black team?

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
Hey! I was just looking for a little advice on improving my Pokemon Black team. I have no intention of removing any of them from the team, only changing their moves or items. If you could suggest a move instead of a current one, or change their items, that would be really helpful! A rating on their current state would also be great, but you don't have to~

Glaceon - Lv 50 - Male - Calm
- Hail
- Blizzard
- Ice Fang
- Frost Breath
Item: NeverMeltIce

Whimsicott - Lv 61 - Female - Bashful
- Psychic
- Sunny Day
- Toxic
- SolarBeam
Item: Shell Bell

Cinccino - Lv 65 - Female - Jolly
- Tail Slap
- Wake-up Slap
- Giga Impact
- Swift
Item: Zoom Lens

Ampharos - Lv 81 - Female - Adamant
- Shock Wave
- Strength
- Thunder
- Charge Beam
Item: Zap Plate

Leafeon - Lv. 100 - Male - Bold
- Sunny Day
- Aerial Ace
- Leaf Blade
- Energy Ball
Item: Heat Rock

Altaria - Lv 82 - Male - Brave
- Draco Meteor
- Fly
- Flamethrower
- Sky Attack
Item: Macho Brace

That's all of them. Thanks for your time!

-- ~Pokemoll~

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
Allrgiht, you seem to be a bit everywhere in your team, with multiple types and what not. I can try to provide some input on them, but I suggest changing some around.

Glaceon.
I suggest giving him a few more moves that arn't Ice type based. Its also a more special based Pokemon as well. Shadow Ball and Hidden Power are good ones to put on him, then Ice Beam or Blizzard (only if you keep hail). You can also use Toxic or Roar as well.
Whimsicott
She is more of an utility, her attacking stats arn't as good. I would use her for catching other Pokemon. Moves like Tailwind, Stun Spore, Reflect, and Light Screen are reccomended.
Cinncino
Ok, your using this one wrong. If it has Technician, then go get your heart scales and trade up Giga Impact and Swift for Rock Blast and Bullet Seed. Giga Impact is a horrible attack, and Swift is a special based attack. Not good on a Jolly Cinncino. U-Turn, Dig, and Thunder Wave also work as alternatives.
Amphraous
She is more of a special based Pokemon, so Adamant is the oppsiite nature you want. The set I use is always Power Gem, Signal Beam, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt. (Maybe Focus Blast as well). You got a crap nature on this thing, so there isn't much to say other than that.
Leafeon
Leafeon is an offensive physical based Pokemon. You should give him moves like X-Siccosr, Dig, Return/Strentgh, Leaf Blade or Areial Ace.
Altaria
This is another utility based pokemon. Its not a super great Pokemon, to be honest. Its more of a healing Pokemon that can heal itself over an offensive thing. Keep her either special or offensive.

Ok for you, here is what I need to point out in particular
-You have a lot of moves of the same type on each Pokemon
-You have two weather users
-You use moves and natures that contridict the pokemon

I know you said that you didn't want to restart the team, but there may need to be some replacements. I suggest Amphrous, Altaria, and Whimsicot. Get a water type, a fighting type, and a steel type in replacement.

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
Ah, okay, thanks for your help. I had no idea my team was so bad... xDD I'll probably work your ideas around my team now, but if it comes to the crunch, I'll take your idea of changing some of the Pokemon. Thank you.

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
The best thing to do is to look at serrebii, and even Smogon. I know its not competitive, but there are some good advice.

The one thing you always want to hit on with an in-game team. You want coverage on all types. With 24 moves available to use, it should be easy to go with.

Back