• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☄ Shocking Stars ☄ - The Electric Pokemon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
i was thinking the same thing! hopefully nintendo will add more machines that rotom can enter in the next generation.

This would be seriously cool xD What kind of machines would you put it in? There could be an Electric/Fighting version if you put it in one of those punching glove machines xD Or maybe Electric/Steel from any random machine... This shouldn't be so hard to think of haha. Maybe it could take over a car and become a super fast Electric/Steel type? xD

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

This would be seriously cool xD What kind of machines would you put it in? There could be an Electric/Fighting version if you put it in one of those punching glove machines xD Or maybe Electric/Steel from any random machine... This shouldn't be so hard to think of haha. Maybe it could take over a car and become a super fast Electric/Steel type? xD
I would definitely want a TV or a Laptop Rotom. Best positioned as a Psychic/Electric type certainly!

I would say a Night Light or a Lamp would suit for a Dark/Electric type.

Let's see here...Ground/Electric would work as well for whatever the construction people use that works on the pavement roads. Am I thinking to much? LOL :O

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Or maybe Electric/Steel from any random machine... This shouldn't be so hard to think of haha. Maybe it could take over a car and become a super fast Electric/Steel type? xD

I think a car might be pushing it just a little bit, but I do think that a Steel Rotom form would make a lot of sense. Maybe a blender? I'm thinking of the metal blades in the bottom. It would certainly be more subdued than a car. xD

Let's see here...Ground/Electric would work as well for whatever the construction people use that works on the pavement roads. Am I thinking to much? LOL :O

A jackhammer? I can actually see that happening. It's not crazy, like a bulldozer form or anything, but it fits the description of Ground/Electric quite nicely, I'd say.

As for what I'd like to see...

Well, I think they could make a form out of one of those bulky computer monitors, or maybe a phone? Oh, and maybe a mixer could be used. I've seen suggestions for a bug zapper Rotom too. Nothing for Rock Types, however.

I found it surprisingly difficult to think of types of small machinery that haven't already been used. xP

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I would say a Night Light or a Lamp would suit for a Dark/Electric type.

This just reminds me of the ghost lanterns from Zelda... So I've gotta go with Ghost/Electric for this x]

Just a quick note; Starsprite is in charge of the club whilst I'm on holiday (back in two weeks!) until I get back so listen to everything she says or I'll hunt you down and prod you. n.n

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I probably really should have posted two days ago. xD Well, since we're still talking about Rotom, I just had a question pop into my mind, though I may word it badly.

So what about the stats of the Rotom forms? I don't believe that they vary. So do you think they should, like separate Pokemon, especially if they add new types like Steel and Ground that utilize different stats? (I may be incorrect about the variance though.)

And back on the topic of new forms...I see where you're going with the ghost lanterns, and at first I thought that was a great idea, but then I thought that not only would that be exceedingly similar to Chandelure, but Rotom is already a Ghost/Electric. xD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
So what about the stats of the Rotom forms? I don't believe that they vary. So do you think they should, like separate Pokemon, especially if they add new types like Steel and Ground that utilize different stats? (I may be incorrect about the variance though.)
The altered forms are all stronger stat-wise than the base form, but they don't vary from each other :3 Although I think you're right, they definitely should. For example the fire form should have huge special attack and the flying form should have... well... kinda nothing tbh, it looks flimsy and weak xD Perhaps good speed? :3 But yeah, I think it'd make a lot of sense for their stats to vary. :D

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Name: Olli97
Partner Pokemon: Zapdos

I feel like Rotom's altered forms should stay just like they are now. They may all be different forms, though they're essentially the same Pokémon. It made sense to do it with Deoxys, since that was basically what it was all about, and you could kinda tell which stat was higher in each form just from their design, however that's not really something you can do with Rotom's forms. Their designs don't really tell you which stat would be higher in which, so their stats can't really be based on anything except possibly typing like Alex suggested, though I don't really see that working either. I just think they're fine being different typings.

And just to say, I really hate Rotom, it kept beating all my Pokémon in Battle Revolution :(

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Name: Olli97
Partner Pokemon: Zapdos

I feel like Rotom's altered forms should stay just like they are now. They may all be different forms, though they're essentially the same Pokémon. It made sense to do it with Deoxys, since that was basically what it was all about, and you could kinda tell which stat was higher in each form just from their design, however that's not really something you can do with Rotom's forms. Their designs don't really tell you which stat would be higher in which, so their stats can't really be based on anything except possibly typing like Alex suggested, though I don't really see that working either. I just think they're fine being different typings.

And just to say, I really hate Rotom, it kept beating all my Pokémon in Battle Revolution :(
Hi Olli, welcome to the club :D What makes you like Electric Pokémon so much? n.n I don't think the typings are what should alter Rotom's stats, I was basing it on the machine that they possess x] An oven is focused around building up heat and energy so it'd have high special attack, a fridge is huge and bulky so it'd have high defense, a fan is flimsy but spins incredibly fast so it'd have high speed, a lawnmower has sharp blades so it'd have high attack, and I don't remember the other form but I'm sure there's something there too xD Although Rotom's a bit of a dull topic now so let's move on :D

Were you pleased to see Shinx introduced as such an early on Pokémon? I was overjoyed when I saw that they'd brought in an Electric type version of the classic rattata/poochyena/etc families since it finally meant you could catch a cute Electric type Pokémon early on in the game and have it as a main partner the whole time, rather than having to wait ages to find one like in most generations. :3 Plus Luxray is so awesome omg <3

The Last One

Stalking Your Conversations
Years
Name: The Last One

Partner: Ampharos

Yes, I was very happy to see Shinx introduced to early, That was always something i found annoying in most generations, the only generations where you didnt have to wait so long for a good electric type pokemon was in Gen 1 games, but everytime i play D/P/Pl i always have to get a Shinx because i always want Luxray due to the fact that it looks so cool and it is awesome

Olli

Years
How was I supposed to know that? D: You mentioned them as "Fire form" and "Flying form", so I assumed you based it on their typings.

Were you pleased to see Shinx introduced as such an early on Pokémon?

I don't think there's been a playthrough of the fourth generation games where I haven't caught Shinx, (playthrough count is like 3 or something). I guess the main reason just is that you can catch a pretty decent Electric type Pokémon early in the game, and it's rare that I've not included an Electric type on my main team. To add on to that, I really liked Shinx, its line had great designs, and though they may not be the very best Electric types you can get, they're still pretty decent.

The Last One

Years
new topic?

Is there any Electric type Pokemon you would like to see have a future Pre-evolution, Evolution, or branch off depending on certain events, like gloom, poliwhirl, kirlia, ect ect?

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Hi, can I join? Electric Pokemon are one of my favourite types xD.
Name : Rainbow Arcanine
Partner Pokemon : Jolteon ( Can't think of nicknames right now. My brain isn't working today :P)
Is there any electric type Pokemon you would like to see a future pre-evolution,evolution or branch off depending on certain events?
Not really actually. But I've seen suggestions for a Luxray evolution which you get by trading.

Mentalii

Back
Years
Name: Mentalii
Partner Pokemon
: Negapi the Minun

Is there any electric type Pokemon you would like to see a future pre-evolution,evolution or branch off depending on certain events?

An evolution for Jolteon :3 I'd like to see a 3rd form for all the eeveelutions, some Fakemon about them are great. But at the same time that would be odd... Well I'd also like to see a Pokémon that could "connect" Pachirisu with Emolga. Both Pokémon are too similar, it'd be more logical if they belonged to the same family.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Name: The Last One

Partner: Ampharos

Yes, I was very happy to see Shinx introduced to early, That was always something i found annoying in most generations, the only generations where you didnt have to wait so long for a good electric type pokemon was in Gen 1 games, but everytime i play D/P/Pl i always have to get a Shinx because i always want Luxray due to the fact that it looks so cool and it is awesome
Welcome to the club! Nice to see you here c: What made you choose Ampharos as your partner? And what makes you like Electric types so much? :3 I hope you have a wonderful time and discuss lots! <3

Hi, can I join? Electric Pokemon are one of my favourite types xD.
Name : Rainbow Arcanine
Partner Pokemon : Jolteon ( Can't think of nicknames right now. My brain isn't working today :P)
Not really actually. But I've seen suggestions for a Luxray evolution which you get by trading.
Of course you can! What makes you like Electric types so much? :D And why did you choose Jolteon as your partner Pokémon? c: Oo, what was the new evolution idea like? o3o I bet a baby Shinx would be adorable, I would love to see that x] Have tonnes of fun here ok! <3

Name: Mentalii
Partner Pokemon
: Negapi the Minun

An evolution for Jolteon :3 I'd like to see a 3rd form for all the eeveelutions, some Fakemon about them are great. But at the same time that would be odd... Well I'd also like to see a Pokémon that could "connect" Pachirisu with Emolga. Both Pokémon are too similar, it'd be more logical if they belonged to the same family.
Hi Mentalii, lovely that you joined c: What made you want to join an Electric Pokémon club? n.n And Minun is a rare choice for a partner, what made you choose him? :o I'm curious what you had in mind for the 'connecting' Pokémon between Pachirisu and Emolga, what kind of idea did you have for that? o3o Maybe if they had a shared baby form and if it had high speed it'd become Emolga or...? I dunno, it's hard to figure out because they're so similar xD

new topic?

Is there any Electric type Pokemon you would like to see have a future Pre-evolution, Evolution, or branch off depending on certain events, like gloom, poliwhirl, kirlia, ect ect?

Definitely Pachirisu. I would utterly love to see this little guy evolve into a big derpy electric squirrel that boasts cuteness and power and speed and it just generally a big derpy lump of awesomeness <3 I'd also like to see a new evolution for Magnemite where instead of becoming a trio, it just evolves as the single section and that section becomes more bulky and generally more awesome :3 I think it'd make a lot more sense and it'd be cool to train one. I don't know how this'd work though method wise x]

The Last One

Years
Welcome to the club! Nice to see you here c: What made you choose Ampharos as your partner? And what makes you like Electric types so much? :3 I hope you have a wonderful time and discuss lots! <3

i chose Ampharos because i just always liked it, every time ive played gen 2 games i always, ALWAYS use Ampharos as my electric type pokemon, and idk, i think it's the speed, the awesome moves, i like how pikachu caught in the wild knows thunderbolt at like level 3

Mentalii

Back
Years

Hi Mentalii, lovely that you joined c: What made you want to join an Electric Pokémon club? n.n And Minun is a rare choice for a partner, what made you choose him? :o I'm curious what you had in mind for the 'connecting' Pokémon between Pachirisu and Emolga, what kind of idea did you have for that? o3o Maybe if they had a shared baby form and if it had high speed it'd become Emolga or...? I dunno, it's hard to figure out because they're so similar xD

Hey Alex :D
I joined this club because I love the Electric type, I can't have a game without an electric pokemon in my team. They're fundamental for my team, really. Plus, there are many great Pokémon in this type ! As for Minun, I hesitated a lot between it and Zapdos. On a side I had my favourite eletric Pokémon for its look, and on the other side the one for its strenght. I chose the first one. It's a Pokémon I immediately fell in love with when I first saw it in Sapphire version, as a 8 years old girl. Actually, I believe I first saw Plusle, that I thought was very adorable, so when I saw the blue version of it... I let you imagine how much I was enchanted.
Concerning the link between Emolga and Pachirisu, I don't know exactly, maybe a common pre-evolution and, as you said, if it has a high speed or something like that it become an Emolga or not. But at the same time both squirrels already look like pre-evolutions, don't you think? :3 So, why not a common evolution? I mean, their evolution wouldn't exactly look the same, but it would be a little like Nidoqueen compared to Nidoking, they're pretty much the same even if they have a different look and some stats differences.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
But at the same time both squirrels already look like pre-evolutions, don't you think? :3 So, why not a common evolution? I mean, their evolution wouldn't exactly look the same, but it would be a little like Nidoqueen compared to Nidoking, they're pretty much the same even if they have a different look and some stats differences.

Honestly, I'd say no D: I think Pachirisu certainly looks like a prevolution, but Emolga I would say should definitely be left alone as the final stage in its line. It just has the whole "surprisingly tough" feel to it imo, proved exceptionally well by its skills when it does come into a battle. :3 But I would love to see your idea come into fruition :D

Okay guys I think we need a competition around here to spice things up! What do you guys fancy? Battles? Drawing? Writing? Tell me what you'd be likely to participate in and I'll arrange it. :) Winner gets the fancy new Pokémon Clubs emblem! (Make sure to talk about Pokémon in your posts too!) I was mainly thinking of a userbar making competition since it's simple, easy to judge and it's useful for the club - what do you guys think about that? Would you take part? :3

Olli

Years
I don't really know what events I'd be any likely to participate in. Drawing and battling would probably be the most popular choices, though as I can't draw for the life of me, I'd say something like PO battles. I'm not any good at these either, but it requires less practice and less patience, and it's something I at least have interest in xD However this would only work out if enough members joined in on it, and that would be a problem. Otherwise, I guess it'd just be organized like a normal tournament.

Mentalii

Back
Years
I agree with Olli, PO battle would be great. Writing could be a good idea too, but I think people would rather take part in the PO battles. Anyway, you can count on me, I'll participate.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Looks like we'll be having a battle tournament in the near future then! n.n As for now, I think we need a new topic. I recently made a similar topic in the Canine/Feline club, but since Electric Pokémon are so badass I think it has more of a place here with our fierce Pokémon <3

If all the Electric type Pokémon entered a battle royale, which would win and which would be KOed first?
There's no doubt in my mind that Blitzle will lose - that thing is just awful :( It doesn't have much going for it at all (other than looking awesome) and I really doubt it'd be able to hold it's own in a battle for this reason :x As for the winner (I'm choosing not to count legendaries), I've got three ideas. Plusle & Minun could possibly work together Hunger Games style and come out on top with their Helping Hand tactics and such which can make them very formidable Pokémon given the time to set up properly, but unfortuantely I just don't think they'll have the time to before getting completely swept. Option two (and my favourite) is Stunfisk! It's Ground typing will give it a huge advantage over the majority of other Electic types, having super effective moves to use against them and resisting their STAB attacks. Pokémon like Emolga would definitely be able to give it a good challenge, but I can't see them beating it :3 My final choice was Wash Rotom for obvious reasons, but everyone knows how over-powered that is so it's not worth going in to x] Also Electivire, Eelektross and Magnezone deserve shout outs as they'd all stand a good chance of winning, but I reckon with their strong personalities they'd end up take each other out before before the other Pokémon get to them.

stunfisk_35_days_by_kielara-d38dvc4.png

tl;dr, Goooooo Stunfisk! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back