• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] How important would you consider speed? (in code)

Years
Do you consider speed important, and how much? For instance, I made a word wrapping method, while a regexp method can do almost the same thing (it doesn't seem to wrap properly for me though). My method benchmarks at about 1/1000 of a second, whereas the regexp speed is so minuscule the benchmark shows it as 0. I might just need to reform the regexp function to do what I want (for which I will have to look at more things because it is confusing to me), but I was wondering if there was really a point in this case.

Edit: fixed the regexp method to work correctly, so now the example is null but the question remains
Here's the methods if you want them
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2017
Speed is one of the most important things in Essentials, and the overall slow speed is what holds it back the most.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
In cases where the memory usage/performance decrease isn't notable, choose a clean code.

Back