• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most annoying wild Pokemon?

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
I've know this has been asked dozens upon dozens of times, but what Pokemon do you consider to be most annoying when found wild?

For me I'd say the Bronzor line. When I first saw a Bronzor (I took a break from Pokemon between the 3rd and 4th generations, so by the time I got Pearl I only knew the starters and their evo lines, due to a poster) I immediately thought "What's that? A metallic coin? Cool!" Then I was sort of amazed at how hard it was to faint one of those things. Seriously, they have a good defense, and their typing is one of the best possible in the game (Not to mention that due to their ability, they only have one weakness, which is either Fire or Ground) Not to mention that they have a moveset as annoying as Zubat's, except that not only do they confuse you, they can also put your Pokemon to sleep. As said above, I knew nothing about Gen IV's mons, so try to guess my surprise when I saw these "Indestructible metallic coins" had an evolved form. Not to mention that aside from status moves, decent typing, good abilities, and strong defenses, these things can learn Block, which is pretty much another version of Mean Look. Thankfully, Bronzong and Bronzor are only found at very few places, such as Mt. Coronet, so they shouldn't prove themselves to be much trouble for players. Your opinions?

Polizard'12

Pokemon Trader
Years
^ I was missing Zubat in Pokemon Black... :P

Mine are either Trapinch or Diglett with Arena Trap as their ability, if I have an electric type Pokemon out, who can't possibly deal any damage, I am forced to watch it faint! :(

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
All Pokemon that appear at the Victory Road in RSE. I was doing a Sapphire Nuzlocke and I had to train a lot since half of my team was underleveled. What's the annoyig part? Almost everyone on the first floor knows Roar or Whirlwind, except for Zubat and Golbat. It was really annoying as Hariyama was bulky and couldn't be easily defeated. Worst part is, wasting PP. I damage it to the critical area and it uses Whirlwind. I encounter a Lairon, it blocks my Hydro Pump with Protect and then uses Roar. Even Makuhita was guilty of doing that, but at least it was easier to kill. The game was really frustrating. I think that I won't touch a RSE game again anytime soon.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
agree with Polizard'12. Arena Trap really frustrates me. I haven't gone into Mewtwo's cave in HG because of all the Arena Trap Wobbuffets there.
Zubat is cool. I actually find Tentacool more annoying.

Years
Most annoying wild Pokemon for me:

Bronzor - These things have a good defensive typing, can confuse and put you to sleep and even use Block. Man, I hate fighting those things cos they always leave me screwed.

Zubat - The ultimate annoyance of caves that makes any Trainer mad. And why? They confuse you, poison you, trap you, drain you and they are hard to escape from if you have a slow Pokemon!

Trapinch/Diglett/Dugtrio - Specifically the Arena Trap variant. If you are training an Electric-type, you're screwed. You CANNOT escape unless if you have a Flying-type or something with Levitate so if you send out the wrong Pokemon against it, you could see it fainting right in front of your eyes!

Roggenrola/Boldore - One word: Sturdy. Man, they are easy to catch but bad for training against if you want to knock it out cos if you attempt to knock it out in one hit, it would just cushion the hit, survive and hit you back. Thankfully they are easy to escape from.

Pinta77

Ratatta, poochyena, bidoof, zigzagoon, pidgey... my list could go on forever

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
zubat and diglett eays. Annoying as anything

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2012
Roggenrola. I never run from wild Pokemon, and I can usually 1 hit KO them. But Sturdy makes it difficult, and just wastes my move PP so fast.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
OMG Zubat/Golbat in the caves I've used like 100 times

In the grass you just don't get enough of those rattata.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
Years
I'll have to side with mostly everybody else and say Zubat/Golbat. I absolutely no love for Golbat because when I'm trainer slower Pokemon and I'm low on repel I'll end up running into what seems like hundreds of them and I'll waste like 2-3 turns trying to run away and not being able to escape and even then they'll use mean look and make it so I have to fight them.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
In caves, I find Zubat, Geodude, Woobat and Boldore very annoying to run into. In D/P/Pt's early grass routes, Bidoof really got on my nerves. In the sea, particularly R/S/E's, Tentacool were very annoying to bump into every 5 minutes.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The Sturdy ones are easily the most annoying. Zubats/Rattata/Pidgey and their variants are certainly plentiful, but they can easily be dealt with in one hit, provided that your team is a suitably high level. So Roggenrola has to be the most infuriating in that regard, given that there's no other ability it can have (save its Dream World one, obviously) and its prevalence in caves. Ughughugh. And it has an annoying name to boot, making it even more frustrating to battle!

Mentalii

Back
Years
Well, Zubat are numerous, but they don't disturb be that much. I think they're as much annoying as Pidgey, Rattata, Zigzagoon and every other Pokémon you find at the beginning of the game. So, not a lot, we have to do with it anyway, and when we start our journey we often need at least one of them.
BUT. Tentacool. Who need a Tentacool for their team? I guess not a lot of people. So why are they so numerous? They ruin all the pleasure of surfing when it's to early in the game to have repels... I can't stand them. And they're ugly. And poison your team.

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
Most annoying wild Pokemon for me:

Bronzor - These things have a good defensive typing, can confuse and put you to sleep and even use Block. Man, I hate fighting those things cos they always leave me screwed.

Zubat - The ultimate annoyance of caves that makes any Trainer mad. And why? They confuse you, poison you, trap you, drain you and they are hard to escape from if you have a slow Pokemon!

Trapinch/Diglett/Dugtrio - Specifically the Arena Trap variant. If you are training an Electric-type, you're screwed. You CANNOT escape unless if you have a Flying-type or something with Levitate so if you send out the wrong Pokemon against it, you could see it fainting right in front of your eyes!

Roggenrola/Boldore - One word: Sturdy. Man, they are easy to catch but bad for training against if you want to knock it out cos if you attempt to knock it out in one hit, it would just cushion the hit, survive and hit you back. Thankfully they are easy to escape from.
Those guys for sure. Oh and Khangaskhan, I have trouble catching her in the Safari. ;-;

TheronElite

Pokemon Professor
Years
For me, it has to be Zubat, plain and simple.
This plus Golbat. Countless times I would be trying to exit Victory Road in Gen 1 and 3, and I'd run into a Zubat or Golbat that I couldn't escape from and pretty much hit a critical with every attack.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2012
Zubats & Tentacool/Tentacruel on the sea..
What a little confuse-ray bastards..lol

JaySawn

Weedle Weedle Wee -Patrimon?
Years
It has to be mew, every single time i run into the wild i find it.

Lol'd at this ^

Anyways ; I dont find any pokemon annoying , unless I'm too lazy to put a repel on...then I encounter a random poke...when I don't need to...over and over again...I GET IRRITATED xD

Back