• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
OK, so that's four confirmed matchups against Fairy. But still I'm hoping when the full type matchups are revealed I'm hoping it won't be a disappointment, if the strong against Dark rumor is true then that means Sableye and Spiritomb will now have a true weakness.

i hope that in order to balance it ghost type will have resistance against fairy type

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
Years
i hope that in order to balance it ghost type will have resistance against fairy type

I think the point was, that Sableye and Spiritomb would finally have a weakness, as they have three immunities, and everything else is either resisted or normal damage...
So to make Ghost resistant to Fairy would make them take normal damage from Fairy instead of finally having a weakness (as no other pokemon is as such without an ability, like the aforementioned Elektross being immune to its only type-weakness, ground, because of levitate)

Years
I think the point was, that Sableye and Spiritomb would finally have a weakness, as they have three immunities, and everything else is either resisted or normal damage...
So to make Ghost resistant to Fairy would make them take normal damage from Fairy instead of finally having a weakness (as no other pokemon is as such without an ability, like the aforementioned Elektross being immune to its only type-weakness, ground, because of levitate)

But its not like that they are really overpowered(they nice pokemons, not a powerhouse), and the fact that they have no weakness thats what make them unique and diffeirent, I hope that they will stay like this

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Having no weakness means nothing if your defenses are bad, though Game Freak's logic on balancing Pokémon with no weakness is giving them low speed, which didn't help Sableye (without Prankster) and Spiritomb much, since Ghost types usually have low HP.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If you use trick and give it a ring target it gets it's weakness back then.

Or use Grasto acid to nullify the ability, or by giving it an Iron Ball by using Trick room, or a Pokémon with Mold breaker (and it's other versions) facing off against it. Either way under normal conditions it has no weakness.

I do hope that Ghost receives neutral damage...unless GF plans to evolve Sableye and Spiritomb as they will need a weakness to not be OP with they got said evolutions or Mega Evolutions.

Years
Having no weakness means nothing if your defenses are bad, though Game Freak's logic on balancing Pokémon with no weakness is giving them low speed, which didn't help Sableye (without Prankster) and Spiritomb much, since Ghost types usually have low HP.

Right now with the current situation(no weakness, stats and abilities) there is no problem, they are not overpowered but still useful.

And of course having no weakness doesn't mean the pokemon great defensively, but it make them really useful.

Years
In gen 6, I would love to see
- another Fighting Legendary but this time is humanoid or similar like Regigigas
- a true insect Bug legendary (maybe spider, mantis....). Genesect is fine, but i find it too robotic
- a poison legendary
- another sea creature legendary like Kyorge, Lugia, Manaphy.....

Years
In gen 6, I would love to see
- another Fighting Legendary but this time is humanoid or similar like Regigigas
- a true insect Bug legendary (maybe spider, mantis....). Genesect is fine, but i find it too robotic
- a poison legendary
- another sea creature legendary like Kyorge, Lugia, Manaphy.....

I would like to see a kraken pokemon, it can fit well the sea creature legendery

Years
A trio based on the norse wolves would be awesome. One can be Ice, another Dark, and a third Fairy :)

I like that idea, and I want to see some more Fairy-type Legendaries besides Xerneas. Or at least I'm hoping they make the resident cute 100-stats-all-around Legendary a Fairy-type, it would be a great way to showcase the new type. If an Eeveelution and one of the version mascots is showcasing it, why not the cute Legendary as well?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Gyarados isn't a real Kraken even though it's beta name had the word in it. A Kraken is more of a giant squid like creature than a sea serpent which is what Gyarados really is.

Back