• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RTFRP (Read The Rules Please)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
You don't ask for ideas for games here as this section is for writing stories... you're better off checking the game development section. Note people there are usually working on their own projects already though.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Rules have been updated! I removed the section about applying ratings to your story because no one does that. Just warn for anything that will bother readers.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yes, it certainly is. All it needs is a warning at the start of the thread if stuff gets too steamy, so to speak. ;p

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
Rules have been updated! I removed the section about applying ratings to your story because no one does that. Just warn for anything that will bother readers.

I personally do apply ratings on other sites where I've posted my fanfics, namely as a precaution so that people are aware that they're not meant for little kids (I write PG-13 range stories). Would it be a problem if I do that here, or should I just include a brief memo (rather than a thing labeled "rating") in an introductory section I have written out before the prologue to make people aware that there are some scenes that may come across as slightly graphic (not over the top graphic, but described in a way that's meant to leave an impact)?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I personally do apply ratings on other sites where I've posted my fanfics, namely as a precaution so that people are aware that they're not meant for little kids (I write PG-13 range stories). Would it be a problem if I do that here, or should I just include a brief memo (rather than a thing labeled "rating") in an introductory section I have written out before the prologue to make people aware that there are some scenes that may come across as slightly graphic (not over the top graphic, but described in a way that's meant to leave an impact)?
Adding a rating is fine. A lot of people weren't following this rule, so instead of closing a bunch of threads, the moderators just decided to change the rule to include warnings. Maybe include both a rating and a memo? We have a few mature stories on here as well, so you're fine.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Slayr's right. It was easier to just take away the rule rather than demanding that people rate their stories. (I don't even rate my own.) You can still rate and warn in any way that you wish to help readers avoid any problems they might have with some scenes in your story.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
Alright then. Thanks for the input. I was just confused since some sites require distinct ratings, while on others it just didn't matter.

Additionally, I should ask if curse words are allowed in fiction here. I don't go overboard with swearing in my stories, but I do include some profanity. Should I edit it out, or just censor it with asterisks or something? (Sorry if I'm sounding cautious, I just don't want to get in trouble for posting something that isn't allowed...)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
As long as you include a warning, you should be fine. Unless it goes overboard, then you should edit it out. It might be hard to define what "overboard" is, but it's easy to notice. Don't worry, you're fine with the questions. Better to be safe than sorry.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
As long as you include a warning, you should be fine. Unless it goes overboard, then you should edit it out. It might be hard to define what "overboard" is, but it's easy to notice. Don't worry, you're fine with the questions. Better to be safe than sorry.

Overboard to me is constant swearing predominantly with a lot of strong swears. I try to keep them to a minimum, but they still do get used.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
PC will pick up most swear words with our own filter unless you do the tag work to uncensor them.It's fine to have swear words in this section, but some people will be put off if every other word is interrupted with four asterisks.

If kept at a minimum, then you'll be fine, Skunter. Having swears in your writing is okay, especially if you want to be true to your characters.

Years
Question.

I want to make a poem collection thread. The person who wrote them has passed on and thus she can't say if she approves of me posting her poems here. She was a girlfriend of mine so I'm wondering if me posting her poems here would count as plagiarizing? I wanna post everything she wrote so everyone could gaze at her works.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
So long as you say that they're not poems you wrote and that you're posting them here because you want to share them, it's fine with me.

markosharko98

The name is enough..
Years
I have a question.I'm not getting new ideas for my current fanfic so is it alright to start another one while continuing the previous one too?

Back