• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Time Warp Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
Love your challenges, can't miss this Kagami :P

Name: TrollShammy80
Game: Blaze Black 2
Era: The Progressive Era

Got a small start on the adventure-
Sat and reset for a bit til I managed to get a female Snivy, that's never fun lol
Battled Hugh and Tepig
After being given the Pokemon Center tour, from Bianca
I sat at one of the tables and looked at my list of Pokemon and rules for this adventure

Moved on and got Town Map from Hugh's sis and was shown how to catch Pokemon

Last edited:
Years
Completed
Medieval Challenge - Sapphire
Gym Badges: 8/8
E4: 5/5
Pokémon: Blaziken (53), Gardevoir (51) , Aggron(50), Claydol (50), Flygon(52), Sharpedo (52)
I beat the E4 (Metagross was a real pain)
Thank God I had so many type advantages. :)
It wasn't that hard cause I hardly use items in the game so I was able to save up a lot of tm's I don't use and a lot of nuggets and other expensive items to sell at the end in order to buy some revives and potions. But this was my very first challenge, so nothing too difficult and still had a lot of fun. ^^

ogtnt.jpg

2virv4h.jpg

208vcex.jpg

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Update #8:

POKEMON SAPPHIRE
NUMBER OF BADGES: 8
Spoiler:

Final Team (i cant add tentacool because i still dont know how to attach more than 5 pictures:
Spoiler:

Well, the challenge is over it was a great challenge kagamichan and i enjoyed every moment of it. awaiting your other great challenges :). btw how does this challenges' ultimate form work do you need to complete all the eras or something?

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
btw how does this challenges' utltiamte form work do you need to complete all the eras or something?
I don't believe there is an official ultimate for this challenge. But by normally, there are two ways it could work. The first is to beat all regions using the same set of rules, or era in this case. This is the most common type of ultimate. The other, less common one, is to have you beat all forms of a rule, or era in this case, with a single game. So beating Ruby in every era, and so on. Considering that new eras can be added at any time, the second form is likely not going to be the proper ultimate if she adds one.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
btw how does this challenges' ultimate form work do you need to complete all the eras or something?

I don't believe there is an official ultimate for this challenge. But by normally, there are two ways it could work. The first is to beat all regions using the same set of rules, or era in this case. This is the most common type of ultimate. The other, less common one, is to have you beat all forms of a rule, or era in this case, with a single game. So beating Ruby in every era, and so on. Considering that new eras can be added at any time, the second form is likely not going to be the proper ultimate if she adds one.

Well, there was someone that said they were doing all the Eras.
There's 3 Ultimate Possibilities for this challenge, that's why there's no official section for the Ultimate version.
Some people might want to do all the eras in 1 game, others might want to do 1 era in all the games and then there's those that want to do all eras but on different games(yes, I see this as an Ultimate version too >.>) So I'm leaving this up to whoever does the challenge xD

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2016
Today, I swapped out Dustox for a Magikarp which then evolved into Gyarados.

I'm now grinding for the E4.

Currently my team is:

Sceptile
Gyarados
Lileep
Camerupt
Pelipper
Ludicolo

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Updated with 2 new eras, added all the new challengers and champions and made a few aesthetic changes to the first post.

Oh and here's my first update on my Sapphire Renaissance run:

Spoiler:

Badges: None

Current Team:

280.png

Ralts
Level 9// Female// Careful// Synchronize
Growl
Confusion

283.png

Surskit
Level 8// Female// Careful// Swift Swim
Bubble
Quick Attack

(don't ask how they both turned out female AND careful o.O I just noticed myself xD)

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2016
Well, there was someone that said they were doing all the Eras.

Me!

I'm doing all of the eras in Sapphire, and when I've finished, I'll decide which my favourite is, and then do that in the other generations.

I have a question about the mandatory Pokemon. Do we have to use all of them? It's just that I'm trying (try being key) to do them with one team, and the Milotic for Renaissance, which is the only surf Pokemon I'll use, is not available until after I need surf.

If it is, I'll just substitute another, because I'm heavy on grass Pokemon right now, but if not, then great!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Me!

I'm doing all of the eras in Sapphire, and when I've finished, I'll decide which my favourite is, and then do that in the other generations.

I have a question about the mandatory Pokemon. Do we have to use all of them? It's just that I'm trying (try being key) to do them with one team, and the Milotic for Renaissance, which is the only surf Pokemon I'll use, is not available until after I need surf.

If it is, I'll just substitute another, because I'm heavy on grass Pokemon right now, but if not, then great!

Oh xD
You don't have to use all the Mandatory Pokémon.
I listed more than 1 in some cases because some people can't/ might not want to get a specific pokémon.
So just choose the one you like, but it has to be in your team when the challenge ends.

And by the way, the Mandatory for Hoenn for Renaissance changed from Milotic to Beautifly because Milotic is a pain to get and I have been told it kills the fun of the challenge.

Years
I'm confused about something in the eras when it says Era Types and list some types such as the stone age for example does that mean you can only use Pokemon of those types and just don't use the banned ones or can use any type of pokemon except for the banned ones just try to use the specific types?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I'm confused about something in the eras when it says Era Types and list some types such as the stone age for example does that mean you can only use Pokemon of those types and just don't use the banned ones or can use any type of pokemon except for the banned ones just try to use the specific types?

Basically, the "Era Types" section lists the Types you are ALLOWED to use. "Banned" lists the types you CAN'T use.
So, your team must consist of Pokémon that match the types on the Era Types list. You can't use any other Types, unless they dual with a type on the list. And you CAN'T use dual-types that got a type on the allowed types list and one on the banned list.

For example, let's say you can use Bug Types, but can't use Fire types, but you recieve the Volcanora Egg. Volcanore is a Bug/Fire type so you aren't allowed to use that.
But, let's say you can use Bug Types, but there's nothing mentioned about Water Types. And you want to use Surskit. Surskit is a Bug/Water type so you can use that one.

The only exception to those lists are the Pokémon listed under Mandatory.
So a Mandatory Pokémon can be a dual-type that's not allowed, such as Honchkrow which is Dark/Flying. (If you check the Mobster Mania, you'll see that Dark is allowed, Flying is banned, but Honchkrow is on the Mandatory list.)

Hope that answered your questions o.o

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
Got a little bit started on this Challenge,since i'm switching between this and the gym leader challenges

Spoiler:

Crystar500

Stressed and Confused
Years
Username: Crystar500
Game: Saphire
Era: Jurassic Jam

I'm planning on doing every era at least once. Are you still thinking of eras to add? There are 13 right?

Years
Basically, the "Era Types" section lists the Types you are ALLOWED to use. "Banned" lists the types you CAN'T use.
So, your team must consist of Pokémon that match the types on the Era Types list. You can't use any other Types, unless they dual with a type on the list. And you CAN'T use dual-types that got a type on the allowed types list and one on the banned list.

For example, let's say you can use Bug Types, but can't use Fire types, but you recieve the Volcanora Egg. Volcanore is a Bug/Fire type so you aren't allowed to use that.
But, let's say you can use Bug Types, but there's nothing mentioned about Water Types. And you want to use Surskit. Surskit is a Bug/Water type so you can use that one.

The only exception to those lists are the Pokémon listed under Mandatory.
So a Mandatory Pokémon can be a dual-type that's not allowed, such as Honchkrow which is Dark/Flying. (If you check the Mobster Mania, you'll see that Dark is allowed, Flying is banned, but Honchkrow is on the Mandatory list.)

Hope that answered your questions o.o

It did and thanks for getting back to me with that said Ig I will go ahead and take on this challenge:

Name: GameMaster0015(New Youtube account I will be posting videos of this challenge on as well as other LPs I'm just using this old Pokecommunity Forums account cause I'm too lazy to make a new one)

Game: Emerald
Era: Stone Age

I can't post links yet so I can't put my channel here so just go search on Youtube GameMaster0015 if you want to see the videos of this challenge I will start recording videos of the challenge tomorrow

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Planned out and started a new run last night o.o
here's my sign-up:

Username: KagamiChan
Game: Pokémon Crystal
Era: Time Rift

Here's my first Update too:
Spoiler:

Badge Case:
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png

Badge Rules:

Adopted the Medieval Era with its King Arthur Era Rule and chose Poison as the temporary Type.
Abiding to this rule, I caught an Ekans and named it Lancelot.

Current Team:

Main Team:

092.gif

Nightmare

Level 13// Female
Hypnosis
Lick
Spite
Mean Look

216.gif

Cuddles
Level 12// Female
Scratch
Leer
Lick

Temporary member:

023.gif

Lancelot
Level 4// Female
Wrap
Leer

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2016
Oh xD
You don't have to use all the Mandatory Pokémon.
I listed more than 1 in some cases because some people can't/ might not want to get a specific pokémon.
So just choose the one you like, but it has to be in your team when the challenge ends.

And by the way, the Mandatory for Hoenn for Renaissance changed from Milotic to Beautifly because Milotic is a pain to get and I have been told it kills the fun of the challenge.

That's excellent, because Beautifly was what I had in mind to replace it! :P

Also! I finished Jurrasic Jam today! At 0236 in the morning, on 9th April 2013, I beat Steven Stone in the Jurassic era! I'm now one down, and perhaps the next leap will be the leap home (bonus internets if you get the reference).

1LGa8Fe.png

My remarks on my team:

Sceptile (Tokay) was loaded as a sweeper specifically for the E4. He knew Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Iron Tail and Leaf Blade. He was also my lead, and he tore through them fast.

Camerupt (Cling Film): A dark horse (camel?) in my team, I evolved him late, and I'm glad I did. Rock slide made a world of difference, especially against Glacia.

Cradily (Von Drak): I thought Cradily was excellent. He gave me a strong defensive base from which I poisoned Steven's Cradily, and then I stalled until Steven's had fainted.

Pelipper (Firmin Jr): I always thought they sucked. I was so, so wrong. With Ice Beam, Surf, Fly and Shock Wave, Pelipper dominated Glacia and Drake. She was a vital part of my team, and I'm grateful I chose her.

Gyarados (Madonna): I didn't use her a whole lot, but when I did her strong base of moves gave me a good advantage against the opponent.

Ludicolo (Xtina): An excellent stall, I ended up using him with 3 moves because I got rid of Dive ASAP and just forgot to teach him another. A key player, and Swift Swim is very, very useful.

I loved Jurassic Jam, and would recommend it to anyone, even if Flannery did make it murder.

I love the new formatting in the first post, and I love the new eras! Being from Bristol (the home of UK piracy) I feel really happy about the Golden Age of Piracy. And the Navy/Pirate rule is actually really, really cool.

So, Update 2.1

I began the game and chose Mudkip. It's a female Mudkip, so I nicknamed her Wheat, because there's a one eighth chance of it being a female, and huit is eight in French. My team will be Walrein, Swampert, Claydol, Flygon, Seaking and Tentacruel.

I'm in Petalburg woods now, grinding Mudkip to Marshtomp.

Last edited:
Years
Hello again! I know I've already done this challenge twice (I should really just do an ultimate run instead of all of these single ones) but I'm gonna actually do the one I suggested:

Username: Joshbl56
Game: Red
Era: Progressive Era

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
2nd Update on my Time Rift:

Spoiler:

Badge Case:
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png
50px-Hive_Badge.png
50px-Plain_Badge.png

Badge Rules:

Spoiler:

3rd Badge: Not yet chosen.

Current Team:

Main Team:

092.gif

Nightmare
Level 21// Female
Hypnosis
Lick
Spite
Night Shade

216.gif

Cuddles

Level 20// Female
Scratch
Headbutt
Lick
Fury Swipes

202.gif

Derpina
Level 17// Female
Counter
Mirror Coat
Safeguard
Destiny Bond

Temporary member:

To be caught.

Past temporary members:
023.gif
Lancelot, Level 12, Female
012.gif
Isis, Level 14, Female

Last edited:

AngyMaster

Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Hi I like to join
Username:Angy
Game:Emerald
Era:Jurassic Jam

Hi I started my journey and I chosed Mudkip I named him Solzy-Brave,Torrent.I trained for the battle with May.Level 7 enough beated May reached 5 pokeballs and catched a Wurmple-Male,Serious.I put him on the first place of party and trained him to level 7 and he evolved in guess what...a silcoon.I trained him to level 10 and he evolved in a super beautifly.I trained solzy at level 10 and go in petalburg woods.I battled with the team aqua grunt.I plant a berrie and battle with the others trainers on the street.Reached the first town,go to the gym and winning my first badge.And saved.
P.S.Caught a zigzagoon for pickup and a slave HM

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back