• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Khawill

<3
Years
Kim
Kim angrily stood patiently, annoyed that she wasn't introduced. She had always been gracious and didn't enjoy rudeness. She was absolutely repulsed by the rude little aipom. She spoke directly to Seth So many annoyances, between that repulsive boy and his dirty linoone and this hyper-active aipom. I don't even know why you want to talk to me. The only reason I am her is because I was asked by Lady Kira to follow you.

She made a disgusted sound and continued ranting, The boy doesn't seem to be very confident in seeing you, he must be like you and prefer the company of us pokemon. That is understandable though. He seems closer to that aipom then you are to Shadow. I wish to remain here, merely say that I am your pokemon, he can't say otherwise.

Teal
Teal couldn't quiet get Kira to talk, he didn't have any feelings for her but he did at least want to know a little more about her. "So are you from Kanto, or Sinnoh?" He didn't get an answer, and felt slightly disappointed. "Would you like to carry Vel? I think she likes you." Kira merely nodded and let Vel climb up her arm.

After Kira still didn't say anything, Teal decided to ask Tristen for help, "Hey uh, you're a girl right?" Oh Arceus here comes the slips, "I mean I know you're a girl but I mean you must be able to help me out, she won't talk to me at all." He looked up at the treetops, "I mean it isn't like I want her to like me, but she could at least make some conversation, and where did Seth disappear to, didn't Shadow want to battle you? I wouldn't mind seeing the two most powerful trainers I've met battle.

Kira
Kira just kept her distance, she didn't want to get left behind but she didn't want to talk to the two trainers ahead of her. She politely accepted holding the boy's pokemon "Vel" and pet the little pokemon. She heard Seth's name mentioned and overheard that Teal had no idea where he was, that must mean they aren't to closely associated.

She decided to call her room's phone, there was no answer, then she must be following Seth then, great. She thought about the places Kim would follow Seth, well the only place that she would follow is the beach or the forest, and we were just at the forest so that must mean, "He is at the beach"She said softly.

Teal heard and looked over his shoulder, "Well then let's not bother him. He's probably got two girls in bikinis under both his arms giving him smoothie." Teal laughed, trying to make a joke. Kira didn't think it was very funny.

Years
Holly looked at Daisy and pet her on the head. "Go on and play with the other pokemon. It'll be okay." The Deerling looked at Holly for a second and then walked off to where the other pokemon were. Holly looked up at Haru and thought for a second. "Um... there's not that much to know. I was born in Rustboro City, but I moved to Striaton City with my brother and sister. I found Molly when I was three years old." She paused for a second and thought about what else she could say. She didn't want to talk about the part of her life that she hated the most. "Um... that's it! Except for the fact that I haven't grown an inch in four years... If that's interesting at all." She hoped that Haru couldn't tell that she was hiding something. Molly looked at her confused.

Kayla looked over at Holly and sighed. I guess she's not ready to talk about everything that happened to her before... She pet Yuri on her head and scratched her behind the ear. Yuri sighed happily and rolled onto her back. Kayla giggled and scratched her on the stomach. "You like that, don't you?" Yuri yipped happily.

Primrose looked at Torch and laughed. "Whatever. I'm still calling you Mr. Grumpy Pants!" Rosemary laughed and looked at Daisy as she approached. Lumina hopped over to the Deerling and laughed. She climbed up onto Daisy's back and smiled. "Yay!" Daisy walked over to the other pokemon and looked at the ground. "H-Hello..." Primrose climbed onto her back and giggled. "Calm down! No one's going to hurt you!" Rosemary looked at them and nodded.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru was content with what the girl had said. "That's really cool. I don't have much of a backstory either. I was born and raised in Viridian City, spent most of my days exploring the Virdian Forest, and travelled all of Hoenn and Sinnoh. Sadly my team didn't seem to be able win a battle till we got here...So yeah." He was kind of awkward, so he didn't know what else to say. "What about you, Kayla? What's your story?"

"Ughhh. Fine." Torch wasn't happy about his nickname, but he would deal with it. "Yeah. The only person who would do that is that Scyther psycho-path who just left. He's a bit of a hater, if you know what I mean." He sighed. Sometimes being mature sucked. Void laughed. "You suck at being cool. Seriously, and Dutches, nice one!"

Years
Kayla looked over at Haru surprised. "Me? Well, I was born in Floraroma Town. I'm still banned from a certain flower shop for killing all of the flowers on my first day of work." She paused when she heard Holly giggle. "Anyway, a couple of years ago my family moved to Striaton City so that we could be closer to Holly's side of the family. After that, I left for my journey for two years. Then I came here." She laid back on the grass and smiled. Yuri jumped onto her stomach and curled up to take a nap.

Holly looked up at Haru and smiled. She looked at Kayla while she spoke and giggled when she mentioned that she got banned from a flower shop. It reminded her of when her sister got banned from the school in her neighborhood. She looked around and sighed happily. Molly looked at her curiously and went over to where the other pokemon were.

Rosemary looked at Daisy and smiled a little. "Yeah... it'll be fine!" Daisy looked down at her and nodded. She looked up when Molly came over. Lumina smiled and laughed. "Yay! Molly's here!" Molly laughed and looked back at Holly. Daisy looked at her confused. "What's wrong?" Molly turned around and shook her head. "Nothing! I just don't like to leave her alone..." Primrose laughed a little. "Calm down! She's right over there. Nothing can happen that fast! Right guys?" She turned and looked at the other pokemon.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Seth

As he was watching the nervous trainer, he felt as if his brain was drenched in arctic seawater as Kim mentally assaulted him. "AH!!" he cried in suprise, but then controlled himself to a grimace.

Ouch... Um, yeah... Why not? Owww, my head...

"Ah, here's Kim! She was off somewhere else at the moment. So, there you go! That's my team!" he said to the bewildered boy standing in front of him, kind of oblivious to the current happenings.

Did you really have to do that?!?!? That hurt!! he mentally yelled at Kim, who had a smug look on her face. Why did Kira send you after me in the first place? Is it all this superstiscious sh*t again?!? For the last time, IM NOT A GHOST!!! he crossed his arms and gave Kim the death stare. Turning back to the still unnamed trainer, he tried his best to ignore the white blur on the edge of his vision. Thankfully, Shadow had found an interest in the ghost/ice Pokemon.

Shadow

Shadow was enjoying himself with the waves when he saw an Aipom charge right at Seth. He was about to throw a shadow ball, but a small trainer ran into his line of fire. If there was one thing that Seth had taught him, it was to Never Ever attack humans. After a bit of talking on Seth's part, he introduced the rest of the team. Seeing that he had missed him, he threw a shadow ball at an oncoming wave, which made a satisfying splash. After making himself noticed, he heard Seth introduce him. Satisfied, Shadow went back to pounding away at the waves using various techniques. As he was just finishing, he heard Seth cry out, seemingly in pain. Looking at the beach, Shadow stopped dead in his tracks. Floating just at the edge of the beach was the most beautiful Pokemon he had seen. A Frosslass, but so much more. He extended his conciosness and felt her chill, and reveled in it. He floated closer, his heart doing loops. As he got to the shore, he stopped. Heres to hoping I don't get blown off...

Hello! I'm Shadow! I don't think I've met you before, but you never know!

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
Kim
Kim retorted to his questions, though she noticed it caused him pain and toned it down, I believe she said that you wanted to meet me, clearly you are not, us ghost types are far more superior mentally than humans. About then Shadow had appeared.

Hello! I'm Shadow! I don't think I've met you before, but you never know! Kim recognized him alright.

Are you the little ball of wrath that made a jolly good show out of some trees? I must say, they must've been quiet the opponent. She seemed to give a smug laugh, I doubt you would've beaten the pale one's pokemon though, she scared even me. I do say, we should let Seth be with this... She eyed the new trainer and said her words sarcastically, new trainer.

Lady Kira would certainly be home by now, I don't believe I have any reason to stay here if she is not, and Seth has finished with his questioning.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Shadow

He watched as the Frosslass gazed at him. Her voice is more beautiful than I thought...

Are you the little ball of wrath that made a jolly good show out of some trees? I must say, they must've been quiet the opponent. She gave a smug laugh, I doubt you would've beaten the pale one's pokemon though, she scared even me. I do say, we should let Seth be with this... New trainer. She said, in her inticingly cold mental voice.

Haha! You saw that? Shadow slightly blushed, but turned torwards the two humans, where an awkward silence had evolved. But yes, Seth can hold his own, especially with the other two around... Mind if I join you? Or, will Kira care? After all, it is Seth and Teal who she is superstiscious about... Yeah.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Kenshin Ren

A lot of impressive questions. Ones Kenshin wish he thought of, or even had to courage to ask himself. The one thing he found really interesting though...the fact that this Lugia was in the Orange Islands. Lugia's seemed to enjoy showing up at islands, but he guess that had to factor in with their whole guardian of the sea title. Naval Rock from the Sevii Islands, the Whirl Islands...those were two places that seem to have the most rumors about Lugia's showing up. Orange Islands though...he's only heard of one other story or rumored sighting. Shamouti Island to be exact.

Mr. Ryan then mentioned class was over. Kenshin quietly walked over to Mr. Ryan's desk.

"Mr. Ryan..." he began. "...That trip...I heard that...there was an event some years ago...around Shamouti Island...that involved a Lugia and...Kanto's Legendary birds," he began shyly. Said event also involving a mass migration of pokemon as well as some crazy "collector" wanting to add the legendary birds to a museum. "Would that...trip...or your...accident...have been near that area and...Fire, Ice, and Lightning Island?"

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Chilling Encounter!

Lucas

"Not a problem. I'm used to being tackled..." said the trainer as he called over a large grass monkey and a black hound with a skull. "Aight guys, don't crowd him. Well, this is Apes the Simisage, and Doom the Houndour. Do you have any other Pokemon? Never mind..." Lucas looked down at his belt seeing that he had no other Pokemon to carry"Oh, That's Shadow the Shuppet over there." This splashing was what really caught Lucas and Aipom's attention, as the Shuppet proceeded to destroy the waves with Shadow balls. "You have a name, correct?"

Lucas gulped and replied, "I'm Luc..". Just then he was interrupted because the other trainer screamed and seen him rubbing his head. He looked up and said, "Ah, here's Kim! She was off somewhere else at the moment. So, there you go! That's my team!". Lucas noticed an unusual white Pokemon float out from behind which looked like a Komoto girl. "What type of Pokemon is..." Lucas hesitated once more as this trainer was giving a death stare towards the Froslass. "Sorry, I'm I interrupting anything?"

Aipom

Aipom was admiring the Simisage's huge hair, and the Houndour's scary fangs. It began clapping and applauding their appearances. The purple monkey jumped as it noticed the small puppet continuously releasing attacks at the waves and bringing them down with such... raw power, the Simisage and Houndour reassured him that nothing was to be feared. Aipom felt a slight chill as he noticed a Froslass lingering around. Suddenly the Shuppet flew towards the Froslass and began having a coversation. As curious as Aipom is, it wondered what if Shuppets were like actually puppets in the sense that you can put your hand underneath and control them. Aipom's tail slowly wriggled it's way closer and closer to Shuppet's underside.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

It didn't suprise Nika that Lucia would be unwilling to trade away her Scizor. It was an excellent pokemon on just about all fronts. Nika had obtained two of her pokemon through trades but now, giving it thought, she couldn't think of any of her pokemon she would be willing to trade away. But why would a Scizor hate a Sableye?

"That's very strange," she admitted. "Scizor have no weakness to Sableye or their moves, they don't share the same food types or habitat... there should be no natural animosity so far as I'm aware. Scizor are very intelligent pokemon though, so I can't imagine it's a baseless grudge. Very strange."

As they came to the entrance for the pokemon center Nika rummaged around in her satchel, retrieving Yanma's Dusk Ball.

"Well, Yanma had his first battle today. That means he's earned a name. Any ideas Mark?"​

Years
Ryan was just about to start marking the papers when the shy boy, Kenshin, he started talking about the event that almost wrecked the entire world, when a Lugia had to fight the three legendary birds of Kanto and some crazy collector. Ryan had been only a small child at the time. But he had heard the tale retold so many times he could of recalled it as if he were there.
Ryan smiled when asked about if the accident had taken place by the Shamouti Island.
"Yes it did, Kenshin. In fact I believe that my grandfather had just mentioned something about that event when the huge wave attacked the boat. So it has lead me to believe that it was the same Lugia that saved the world all those years ago.
As for the trip." Ryan paused, thinking how to word his answer as not to give too much information away.
"I'd rather not say where it is, that way it will ruin the surprise. All I can say is the it is in the Orange Islands."
He smiled at the boy. Then something came into his head that he had to ask.
"How do you know of the event? It must have happened before you were born I'm sure?"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Nicknames... well Mark loved nicknaming all of his Pokemon and tended to at least come up with some pretty decent ones. At least he thought so. Everyone's a critic after all. He pondered for a moment as to what would be a good name for Yanma. Something that matched his jokester personality... Joker? Nah too generic... Mark kept thinking for a little while. The Pokemon Center was visible from a distance.

"...I might have a few names. And I can keep coming up with more if you don't like them. I usually have kind of a nack for nicknaming... Lets see... Oh! How about Jester? Your Yanma is a bit a of a joker as I saw from the battle. He enjoyed messing with Able! What do you think?" Mark asked.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Ruby Sapphire Fiona Destiny - Mr. Ryan's class ---> Entei Dorms

Ruby listened to mr. Ryan as he explained her what he thought, then he told everyone class was over. Ruby was packing her stuff and patting Hikari as she heard Kenshin's question. Her heart skipped a beat as she heard mr. Ryan's answer. There was diffintly a logic in what he said. 'excuse me.' Ruby walked over to the two as she had Hikari in her arms. 'did you mention something about the Lugia that saved the world years ago?' Ruby suddenly asked.

'(sorry for my friend here, she's kind of intressed in the history of legandary pokemon.)' Hikari, her Poochyena, apologized to them. 'she said she's apologizing for how i'm reacting, i'm kind of intressed in the history of legendary pokemons.' Ruby translated her pokemon friend. 'This Lugia... didn't he save the world after a weird collector tried to catch the three legendary birds Articuno, Zapdos and Moltress?' Ruby asked the two. She didn't want to sound rude, or weird... because she translated a pokemon but she was really curious about this.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

"Jester is good," Nika admitted. It certainly fit Yanma's personality. "I like the idea, and it fits a Yanma, but I think it will seem a bit odd for a Yanmega once he evolves."

She held the Dusk Ball up and examined it, turning it so that the light played across it in different ways. Jester was a good starting point, but it wasn't the one...

"Jester... Prankster... Trickster..." She mused aloud. "Whatever name I give him, I just hope his mischevious nature doesn't become an issue whenever he does evolve. Yanmega are considerably larger than Yanma, he could hurt someone."​

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie Ryder - Academy Halls
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valorie was... frustrated. It was understandable really. She didn't understand why Kiyoko acted the way he did! Most importantly, the term R men flew way over her head. Observing the actions of the somewhat small pokemon she took a moment to take a deep breath before speaking, as if to stabilize herself or her emotions.

"...I would never do something like that." Valorie stated, almost a tad indignant. Meanwhile, she was observing Kiyoko's physical state with her eyes. In a world where pokemon ranged from little foxes to alien mechaniloids it was honestly not as simple as one might guess to diagnose more sutble conditions. Her dragons were often very forward with their hunger, or became irritable. They would let her know if they wanted food. Haxorus would especially let her know, namely by chasing after whatever poor critter happened to be in the vicinity.

"Not ever." Valorie repeated firmly. She found the idea disgusting. Stealing Pokemon? Why would she ever do that?! Hers were awesome! Her gut said it was a horrible thing to do anyway. "So... um... You don't /have/ to go back in your ball if you don't want to..." she offered, rather testily. She paused a very brief moment before continuing. "Shu doesn't. But you /have/ to promise you won't hurt anyone... unless I tell you to." Valorie continued, seemingly pleased with herself. Well it seemed like a great deal to her! After all, she would be held responsible of Kiyoko did something bad or hurt someone.

Olivia Wolf - Plains
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And just like that, Olivia's hand went up in an overly enthusiastic manner. She was all like yeah! I'm gonna ace this! Bring it! ...Of course, she actually said something along the lines of "Oh... oh..! Can I? I want to!" before getting up and taking out one of her pokeballs. She totally looked pumped as she drew the ball and tossed it out onto the ground. The ball opened to reveal a female buneary with flowers woven into her painstakingly groomed fur. Said buneary was named Vivian, and she was /totally/ at least two kinds of irate over all the grooming she had recieved. Angry bunny. Annoyed bunny. Said buneary just sort of stood there looking indignant all like What're /you/ looking at? as Olivia stood there, looking as if she had been given the chance of a life time.

...How did she maintain that level of excitement. Probably the same way she summoned the energy to groom her hair. Life haxorus

Elizabeth - Elizabeth's Classroom
Elizabeth watched the students as they worked on their pokeballs silently for quite a few looong moments... It was then she realize she should be teaching! She shouldn't just be watching! She had more to teach! The small girl pulled out a second pokeball. This one earnestly looked significantly different from the one she had given Takumi, unlike the modern pokeball which had a very uniform design. At best, modern pokeballs had a different design on them. Modern apricot balls were slightly different, but were overal still much more like a modern ball than the ones Elizabeth wielded. Hers tended to have knobs instead of buttons for activation for instance.

...She was sienty aware of a student that appeared to be going through a crisis of some sort, but wasn't sure how to react to this. She began to speak.

"S-Speaking of... modern pokeballs... These pokeballs... like this one, are... g-genuine artifacts." she said, the last two words slipping off her tongue awkwardly. "They... they were home made... So they were all unique. Some... weren't even balls..!" she continued. Pokesquares, now with more squares. See also, poketriangles and pokerods! Stay tuned for pokecards, the new, ultra convenient way to store your pokemon!

Elizabeth demonstrated by twisting the knob on top of the ball in her hand with an audible clicking, scraping noise from within. It abruptly primed and she quickly withdrew her hand. It then proceeded to sprimg open not unlike a jack-in-the-box. A meowth emerged from the ball, landing on the gronud. It immediately casually began to stroll up amongst the students, looking around and observing them curiously. Any pokemon or people who understood them would hear that it was humming a relaxed tune, completely comfortable among the crowd of students.

The cat pokemon seemed to take interest in Roxas, however, and moved on over to him, hopping up onto his desk with all the grace you'd expect from a cat and greeting him with an ever so innocent meow~ "Now what're you afraid of..?~" he cat pokemon asked in a rather mischevious tone, for those pokemon and those that understand them present. The meowth seemed to detect Roxas emotions somehow. Was it just reading his face, though..?

Dardanette Korie - Dead Forest
The gengar leapt through the air towards C.J with a terrifying ammount of speed getting closer for... well... actually it had no real reason to get close other than feeling like it. As it leapt through the air a flaming fist pierced the icy atmosphere and struck the ghost pokemon square in the face. The gengar emit a rather shocked, overly dramatic cry and just sort of flopped onto it's back. CRITICAL FINISH

...A golett landed nearby, apparently having gotten involved in the battle. Perhaps the fight had disturbed it, or perhaps it wished to save C.J.'s life. Who was to say?

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Leaving Forest-->Dorms]

As they were leaving the forest clearing and heading towards the dormitories, Teal turned to Tristen. "Hey... Uh, you're a girl right?"

Tristen opened her eyes wide and looked at him. Sheesh. Yes, I'm a girl. She thought up an image of herself in her head. I'm pretty sure I at least -look- like one.

He fidgeted. "I mean, I know you're a girl, but, I mean, you must be able to help me out; she won't talk to me at all. I mean, it isn't like I want her to like me, but she could at least make some conversation."

The white-haired girl shrugged her shoulders. "Don't ask me; I'm not exactly one to talk to people much." She stole a glance at the girl behind them. "In my opinion, small talk is a waste of time and breath. But," she quickly added, "from what I've seen, it doesn't hurt to try." She smirked. "At least, in most cases."

Teal also asked, "Where did Seth disappear to? Didn't Shadow want to battle you? I wouldn't mind seeing the two most powerful trainers I've met battle."

Adjusting her belt, she answered, "He took Shadow back to the dorms, I think. Shadow was being difficult. And if I'm one of the strongest trainers you've seen, then you haven't been around much, have you?" She joked sarcastically.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
She had a point... when making a nickname you had to but their evolutions in mind... Jester might be strange on a Yanmega. It sounded good on Yanma at least but there was probably a better choice. Still it was a start... Mark thought about a few more ideas in his head as they approached the front of the Pokemon Center.

"Well I'm sure we'll come up with something eventually. We're off to a good start at least!" Mark said as he headed inside the Pokemon Center.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Wyatt Wyvern (Raikou Dorm)
Oaktown->Volcano
Wyatt wandered around a minute or two in Oak town to sight see a while and to get used to the layout of the island. He stopped at a street vendor who was selling different fruits that were native to the island. Wyatt couldn't help but lick his lips as he felt like he hadn't eaten food a couple hours ago. He walked around more with a basket of these odd luscious fruit for a few more minutes while snacking on them. When he eventually got bored of doing so he set off to train more. He tried to think of a place suitable for his pokemon. There was the sea, the pools, and... He looked towards the far north and a smirk on his face and couldn't help but let out a laugh that he quickly suppressed because it sounded stupid. "Of course! Water pokemon will be easy to train against fire pokemon!" he exclaimed while talking to himself. At this realization he ran north with a determined look on his face. He wouldn't ever take in a loss like earlier and not learn from it. He ran in the direction of the volcano with a steady pace and after a while, the pavement of the road in oak town turned into a sloped dirt path. Wyatt could feel his elevation getting higher and higher and he slowed his run to a jog then eventually a brisk walk when his ears popped and he was a distance further than before.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Seth

Seth saw the Aipom enjoying the others, so he sent them back to the beach to do whatever.

"Sorry, I'm I interrupting anything?" the Trainer said after looking back at Kim, who had thankfully preoccupied herself by talking to Shadow.

"Oh, no, we were just enjoying the beach on such a fine day. I take it you just got here... So, what dorm are you in? I'm Entei... Watch it Aipom! Don't do that!" Seth yelled as he saw the Aipom reaching for the Shadow's underside. Shadow hated it when people touched him there.

"You might want to keep an eye on Aipom while you're around Shadow, he isn't one to mess around with..."

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Kiyoko.gif

きよこ - KIYOKO
Possible Trust

~

Kiyoko looked up at her. Though she didn't seem to have any proof that she was telling the truth... Her words were sincere. And she even told him he didn't have to live in the Pokeball. How great was that? The flipside to this was that he was required to attack only when she told him to. Was that good or bad?

Kiyoko nodded in agreement and... Adorably tucked his head into her side. If he could show any trust to anyone, that might be it. As he rubbed his head against her he turned it to look up at her, and one of his ears unfolded and popped upright. Well... What if someone tries to take me again...?

Back