• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midori

Deep Sea Tentacruel
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 19, 2010
Does anybody know the size a learned moveset table needs to be to store 14 moves? I need to know the size to input in FSF to find the space to write and repoint my fakemon move table to.

Just bumping my question, hoping desperately for an answer.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2010
I'm adding D/P/Pt pokemon into my hack. I've indexed my sprites, inserted successfully, same with the icons. Now I need to edit their stats/movesets/evolutions. YAPE is not an option because I used the blank slots between Celebi and Treecko. Is there another tool I can use, or am I gonna have to re-do all that and replace old pokemon?

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I'm adding D/P/Pt pokemon into my hack. I've indexed my sprites, inserted successfully, same with the icons. Now I need to edit their stats/movesets/evolutions. YAPE is not an option because I used the blank slots between Celebi and Treecko. Is there another tool I can use, or am I gonna have to re-do all that and replace old pokemon?

Correction, YAPE IS an option. All you have to do is remove moves from old Pokemon. Some of the evolutions have some moves listed twice, so remove one of the double listed moves, and soon you will have enough moves for all 25 slots.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2010

Correction, YAPE IS an option. All you have to do is remove moves from old Pokemon. Some of the evolutions have some moves listed twice, so remove one of the double listed moves, and soon you will have enough moves for all 25 slots.

If you look in the YAPE thread, it says you cannot edit anything for the ?? slots between Celebi and Treecko. I've tried several times.

Am I going to have to re-insert the sprites/icons into old slots and replace some of the pokemon from previous generations?

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
how can i re-enable the "dynamic" translation? :
when i used to do a script using advance map + XSE
i used to click on open script, which gave me something like :

"#org 0x8560AC"

i used to change it to "#dynamic 0x8560AC"
and than type my script, than compile
the script would have been converted to something like #org 0x8560AC
and all the pointers would have been changed by they REAL adress
but now, when i open a script, i have a " #org @start "
and when i change it to dynamic it gives me after compiling and reopening it

Spoiler:

Is there a way to re-enable the translation for "@main" AFTER compiling like it was before? (i can't even edit my script without deleting them now :/)

Also is there a way to move an event X and Y from script? Or at least make and event visible/invisible?

thx in advance

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
Just copy/paste an offset, go to find/replace, paste the offset into find, type a label (like @main) into replace, and hit replace all. You have to do that with each individual offset, but you can remake scripts that way without having to worry about bytes.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
hmm what i meant is that i WANT to see something like this after compiling :

Spoiler:

(script taken previous page since XSE WON'T give me this anymore)
instead of the same one using labels and dynamic like it is BEFORE compiling :/

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
i was on the internet, and then saw this map
fvv712.jpg

and i'm wondering, what theese regions are
hrk2ec.jpg

because if they aren't real, i'm going to make a
hack with the islands.

i haven't found any info about them, but i want to check first.

Last edited:

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
i was on the internet, and then saw this map
fvv712.jpg

and i'm wondering, what theese regions are
hrk2ec.jpg

because if they aren't real, i'm going to make a
hack with the islands.

i haven't found any info about them, but i want to check first.

Uh.. dude... THOSE ARE REAL MAPS OF EVERY REGION! (Nintendo's!)

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Uh.. dude... THOSE ARE REAL MAPS OF EVERY REGION! (Nintendo's!)

1. no: orre, Hoene, orange islands, sevvi islands, and some other ones aren't on there
2. my question are what the circled ones are, not what the map is
3. i found nothing on the circled ones anywhere, so that is why #2 is my question

WHAT are the circled one called.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
The circled area on the right is an edited version of Orre (Compare to: http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/)

Not sure about the other bit.

-----

Ok the other bit looks like the top of Fiore (That fork like shape) and then whoever made the image probably added in the bits north of that.

Midori

Deep Sea Tentacruel
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 19, 2010
Does anybody know the size a learned moveset table needs to be to store 14 moves? I need to know the size to input in FSF to find the space to write and repoint my fakemon move table to.

Please... does anybody have the answer to this?

Maco

learning the ropes...
Years

I think (don't quote me on this, I'm not sure) that you don't need the exact size to insert something, as long as you find enough space so that you aren't overwriting anything. So if in FSF you entered a larger number than was needed, the insertion would still work at that offset and no free space would be wasted.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2010
Now I have some hack questions.

1.You know those option bars? *Example: "Are you a boy or a girl?" Boy/Girl. How do you make option bars for any character after a simple question and how does it work?

2.How do you make Pokemon gyms in certain towns(which don't have one).

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Now I have some hack questions.

1.You know those option bars? *Example: "Are you a boy or a girl?" Boy/Girl. How do you make option bars for any character after a simple question and how does it work?

2.How do you make Pokemon gyms in certain towns(which don't have one).

Not quite sure what you mean for Question 1... Do you mean how do you change the text in the opening? Or how to ask questions like that in the rest of the game or something?

To make a Gym you use the Gym tiles in tileset 0 to make the difference and then make a map for the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back