• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arcanum OOC

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh, I like Lucas a lot! You are accepted, DeepImpact.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Thanks RHCP. :3 I doubt I'll be able to post today (It's like 11:30 Pm right now xD). Soooo I'll post tomorrow. :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Do that. I'm looking forward to see all your characters in action :3 And I promise the next chapter will have more freedom.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Tryyy not to lag behind, Naku. ^_~

Well a great big RAWR to you too. >:U

I'ma post naow! I must! It is my duty! My destiny! MY-. . . I'm just going to go post now. xD
EDIT: "Now" is a relative term to "whenever I get my lazy butt moving," just so ya know. ;P

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
And so is mine.
If I hadn't been ninja'd, I would have been the first to post. So sad, ;~; but, I am the first one to complete the mission and return to Joresh Ja's house, so yay~!

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
May I have the honors of reserving the final free spot on this lovely RP? (Assuming I can still jump in; otherwise, I beg you to excuse me while I headdesk and facepalm multiple times).

[ Name ]
Sylvia "Syl" Ru

[ Age ]

[ Gender ]
Female

[ Guardian ]
Zekrom

[ Starter ]
Vaporeon, Female, Ice Beam

[Appearance ]
Sylvia easily dwarfs other girls her age by quite a bit, standing at six feet six. With a slender body and a firm posture, she has the body shape every girl dreams of, and she's determined to keep it that way. Sylvia has a pale complexion, which greatly contrast the dark hues of every other part of Sylvia. Her face is a defined, chiseled oval, with high cheekbones and a bony jaw. Her eyes are a piercing, dark brown color, so dark that most would think they were black, unless they were two inches away from Sylvia's face. Her nose is small but pointed, and her lips a dark, velvety red.

Sylvia's hair is a stunning jet-black, with a smooth texture, and it gives off a dazzling shine when hit by sunlight--or any light at all, for that matter. It flows down in curls until it reaches the area below her neck, where it is unified by an assortment of hairpins and continues down until it hits her waist area. Sylvia collects hairpins, and her collection has hit numbers above three hundred, which results in her hair being crowded with a large variety of them.

As for clothing, Sylvia is fond of two-piece tops, with one long-sleeved shirt on the bottom layered at the top with a short-sleeved tee. A favorite combination of hers is a plain black shirt with frills at the wrist area and a long, trailing cloth flowing down on one side of her legs combined with a purple t-shirt with big bold letters saying "REST IN PEACE" with splash designs around the torso area. To cover her legs, Sylvia always uses crop pants. Although the color and design varies, most are dark purple or black, further accentuating the contrast between her clothing and her complexion.

[ Personality ]
(create someone you want to play as for a while! )

[ History ]
(you can be born anywhere in Arcanum, but you have to have lived in Januvale for at least the last few years )

[ Sample text ]
(write about your character doing something (anything, really) in the tiny, peaceful and rather traditional looking town of Januvale one or two of days after the dream. The town lies close to the southern ocean shore. The text must end with the highest ranked trainer in Januvale passing by or something and in some way spotting the strange mark on your wrist. He tells you to follow him back to his home to talk. Note that you don't own a pokémon yet.

The highest ranked trainer is called Joresh Ja
He is a middle aged man who is quiet and known to live alone with his pokémon and not approach or talk to the villagers unnecessarily )

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm sorry, Saturated. At the moment all spots are filled or reserved. If you want, I can notify you when a spot becomes available.

Now I'mma go see if there are any IC posts yet :3

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
[ Name ]
Dane Leon

[ Age ]

[ Gender ]
Male

[ Guardian ]
Zekrom

[ Starter ]
134.gif
Vaporeon
Level 10
- Sand Attack
- Quick Attack
- Giga Impact (Egg move)

[Appearance ]
Dane has the typical Arcanian facial features, with his eyes being a light blue color. His hair is a darker blond and is most of the time is spiked up (unless he just got out of the shower etc). He has a tannish skin complexion, although it's not that dark. He stands roughly about 5'6 making him an average sized male for his age. If people were to describe his body to you they would say he has a bit of an athletic build to him. Meaning that he isn't a muscle headed freak, or a scrawny kid, but that he has a relative size and good tone to his body. He also has a birth mark on the left side of his neck, that goes to his left pectoral muscle on his chest. It looks like a long S that is just a shade darker then the rest of his skin, which makes it barely noticable unless he points it out, or someone stares right at that spot.

Dane is usually seen wearing blue jeans and tennis shoes on his lower body. For his upper body he usually has on a long sleeve black under Armour shirt, with a blue t-shirt over top of it. If he is going out somewhere where he knows he might get dirty or sweaty, he usually puts on a blue head band to keep the sweat and hair out of his eyes. He always has a necklace tucked under his shirt, it is a circular silver ring with his family name inscribed on it, given to him by his father.

[ Personality ]
Dane isn't your average 17 year old boy. He has a definitive love for adventure and journeying. If his mother asks him to go to the store or get wood for the fire he will quickly volunteer, along the way to the store etc he will take detours and try to find new places. As far as his temperament goes Dane is a soft spoken boy, he is level headed and usually calm when faced with adversity. However if pushed to far, or if someone else is in danger he can become angered and jump in to action. He is also a very educated person, mainly because his mother has pushed him into his studies since he was a young boy. This may have been what sparked his curiosity in adventuring. Dane believes with all of his heart that there is good in everyone, and that no one is ever to far lost to darkness that they can't make there way back to the light.

Even though he would rush to help anyone out who is in need, he is a bit of a shy person. He hasn't really spent much time with other children throughout his life and this has probably caused his shyness. He tends to want to travel alone if given the option of someone tagging along. It's not that he hates people, he just likes the quiet and being able to listen to the sounds of nature and other things going on around him.

Even with all of the new technology and other stuff that is being brought to the region, Dane would rather be outside exploring, or even sitting under a tree reading a book. He doesn't hate the idea of technology, but he also doesn't believe that it is a great thing for the region either. His belief is that technology is like a double edge sword. Sure it makes things easier for people, but it always takes away from the beauty and elegance of the world. The thing that Dane hates most though is the idea of flying, and any flying pokemon. The idea is just crazy, soaring through the air? Please.

Dane agrees to travel the region for two reasons; one he really wants that sense of adventure, and excitement from getting to see new places, and two ever since that dream he has begun to question his place in the world. Is he here for a purpose? Or is the idea and reason behind life just to live and die. He feels that he can find these things out by agreeing to do this. He also may have a slight interests in challenging the arenas.

[ History ]
Dane was born and raised right here in Januvale. His life for the most part has been normal, nothing out of the strange and ordinary have really happened to him. That is something that actually bugs him a lot, because he wants some adventure in his life. Dane chose the black stone making Zekrom his guardian.

The biggest thing that may have helped in shaping Danes life was on his seventh birthday, when his mother refused throwing him a birthday party even against his fathers wishes because he had a test the next day. So while Dane was in his room studying he heard his father call for him from outside his bedroom window. He helped Dane out and told him he wanted to show him something. The made there way down to the shore line and then sat there on the ground looking out to the ocean as the moon's reflective image shined. It was a beautiful sight, and it sparked Danes interest in the world and how it works. "Happy birthday Dane, I got you something" his father said reaching into his pocket and pulling out a circular silver ring with an inscription on it, it was looped through a string that he put around Danes neck. "This was your grandfathers ring, the inscription is our family name. It's to remind you that no matter what happens, family is always first" And with that the two sat there looking at the ocean.

Two years later Danes father would pass away from an unknown sickness. It crushed Dane, and for a year after that he would always go out every night after his mother went to bed and sat at the same spot his father took him on his seventh birthday. He would just stare out at the ocean for hours on end, sometimes falling asleep there. Not a day has gone by that he hasn't worn the ring around his neck.

[ Sample text ]
(sorry if this short, i've been busy today and just wanted to get this posted)

"Dane!" a womens voice shouted from another room in the house, as Dane stood up from his desk, setting his book down.

"Yes mother?" he replied walking to the kitchen where she was preparing dinner.

"I need you to go pick up some wood for the fire, so I can get dinner started.. and this time please don't take forever, I'd like to eat before ten" she said as Dane put on his black tennis shoes and headed out the front door. He made his way to the woods nearby and began gathering all the good branches he could find for the fire. As he reached down to pick up a branch he caught glimpse of the strange mark on his left wrist.

"That dream..." he whispered to himself, now in a daze. After he had had that dream he spent the rest of that next day studying the mark, and found it to be a ying and yang symbol, but he couldn't figure out what it meant. He made sure to hide from his mother, because she would just think he went out and got a tattoo. Snapping out of his daze he gathered up some more wood and decided to head home.

"Alright well this should be enough wood for the fire, hopefully shes making something good tonight" he thought to himself. It was beginning to get darker out now, and he made a quick detour to the shoreline. Pausing for a moment he sat the wood down and grasped on to something under his shirt. "Hey father, hows it going?" he said softly, before letting go of the item and picking up the wood. That was when he noticed the man
Joresh Ja, who he had met several times walking by.

"Good evening Dane" Joresh Ja said nodding his head to Dane, before noticing the strange mark on his left hand.

"Good evening to you to sir" Dane said bowing and then walking towards his home.

"Dane wait! That mark! How did you get it? Wait there's no time for that, please follow me immediately to my home" the man said with a lot of authority in his voice. Leaving Dane there stunned.

"Ahhhh my mom won't be pleased... but I guess I can make an exception for this" Dane said quickly dropping the fire wood and following Joresh Ja, hoping he could give him some answers as to what this mark meant.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I love your posts! Shawn, you really love writing xD <3

@ Beo - I had some problems with your SU, actually. First off, you could perhaps describe a little about his body build in the appearance section. Then, the personality is a bit bland, to be honest... and short. Can I ask you to think a bit harder about what kind of person you want to play as, and then think about likes, dislikes, good qualities, bad qualities, general view on things and people... just expand, mostly?

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Pansages seem to be quite popular C8

/was totally not going to get a Pansage, nope, totally not.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Haha, I'm gonna be getting a Pansear :3 /spoils surprise

Hopefully this post should be good. I'm not even halfway through it though xD; It's turning out to be pretty long.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Uh, well, I just picked Pansage because it can cover Flareon from water attacks.. xD

Tbh, if I had taken a basic element eeveelution (like Vaporeon) I would have done the same. :) I would have picked Pansear because it would cover Vaporeon from grass hits. I do the same in all PMD games xD;

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
Alright, I expanded on my SU. Anything else you'd like in it let me know, but it should be much better this time around.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
@ Beo - It's better now :) Only one thing that I forgot to point out last time. He was only 4 years old and studying for a test? o.o When I was 4 years old, I still ate sand and cut the hair off my Barbie dolls only because I wanted to know if it was possible. Did you really mean 4 years old?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Alright 7 makes a little more sense I guess, lol

You are accepted, Beo~ Go play >:D

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
IC post iz up! If anyone would like to know, I hope you enjoy the twist that the battle with the Jolteon takes!

Sorry if it all seems rushed or unfinished/undefined, I did a previous post but since I have no life and PC punishes me for it the post wasn't posted. (that felt werid writing...)

Back