• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
A real challenge is to try going a full day without posting any trollfaces or stuff from the Nuzlocke forums ;D
Nah, that's too hard. I did post my trollface for today ; another Santa trollface. (:
Anybody tried the game I posted ? I'm really curious what you guys can do. I ran more backwards than forward, so yeah. <_>

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
doesn't look too hard, all i have to do is break 100 M?

got 96.6.... bleh, don't have enough in me to try again.

Last edited:

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Christmas was great for me. Got a Kindle ^_^. And Pokemon XD, now I can finally participate in the XD related challenges. (yeah it took me this long.)

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I suppose christmas was good for me. I got another copy of LittleBig Planet, which I had lost for about a year... I got a copy of FireRed, but something's wrong with it... my Save Files keep deleting themselves. It's happened twice now.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What team, Auburn? That sounds like UT! 1951 and then 1998... I think it will be a real CHALLENGE for Oregon to stop Cam.

CLAM Newton. SCAM Newton. Duck Auburn. :) My uncle said he wouldn't root for Auburn even if they were playin against Saddam Hussein. lmao

Whuzza kindle?

I did get a gamestop giftcard that I can buy more Pokemon games with, so I can do more Challenges

Some reading thing iirc. And I got some GameStop discount cards. Definitely handy for Black and White. :) Also forgot to mention, I got a FANTASTIC pink WiiMote that's manly as all hell, and I'll be a real badass playing Goldeneye 007 with it.

I worked on my favorite challenge yesterday, but the funny thing is that it took me a while to remember what I was doing. I guess I forgot I was doing challenge? ._.

Years
What team, Auburn? That sounds like UT! 1951 and then 1998... I think it will be a real CHALLENGE for Oregon to stop Cam.

That post would be GOLDEN, if you reversed it, hun. As great a player as newton is, and as much as I hate Oregon, not to mention the fact that they play in the skin and bones pac-10, the Oregon Ducks offense is a looser cannon then syd, packed with 80 tons of dynamite, while on Performance Enhancing Drugs.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Yeah, I've done Rocket. Don't know when, but I have a list for them. If you can do Galactic, then I'll do both Aqua and Magma and we'll combine our lists!

Okay, I'll get on it then. c:

Not even one person wanted to try the Personality Challenge? Not one?

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years

Okay, I'll get on it then. c:

Not even one person wanted to try the Personality Challenge? Not one?
I'll get around to it eventually. Be patient.

I actually like Oregon, despite them handing UT's butts to them on a silver platter. They were my third favorite team behind UT and Hawaii (because back then they were called the rainbow warriors, and how funny is that?) throughout my childhood, because I loved their colors. And that they were ducks. Now I love that they have like hundreds of combinations of uniforms they can wear. So ridic.

And now back on topic. Can someone give WeigtyWillBill (I think that's who it is, apologies if I'm wrong) a kick in the butt and tell him to update his revived triospecies challenge? I run/co-run 3 pretty big ones, and I know how much of a pain it is to have to update a bunch of stuff, and he's getting close to a month since last update.

Hallylicious

アラン
Years
I like the idea of a run using the same type of animal,
i.e
a mouse
so the pokemon you could use would be:
- Marill
- Raichu
- Raticate
- Sandlash
ect

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Here's an idea for a challenge: The TM challenge

you post how many pokemon you want and people give you random numbers (courtesy of a random generator with a range, like this http://www.randomizer.org/form.htm) that correspond to the game's TM list. You then have to choose pokemon that can learn a corresponding TM and they have to use that TM for that pokemon.

Example:

Game: Heart Gold
Number of pokemon wanted: 4

Next poster gives you 23, 50, 3, 13

An example team would then be:
23- Azumarill (Iron Tail)
50- Arcanine (Overheat)
03- Ambipom (Water Pulse)
13- Nidoqueen (Ice Beam)

As for really hard to get ones like Battle Frontier TMs, maybe they can just be hacked but only after beating the final gym or something?

-----

Another idea is maybe a mode that includes HMs when you get a 'free-for-all' TM like Hidden Power or Return (maybe renamed to TM/HM Challenge?). Say the random generator outputs 13, 21, 15, 10. Since 21 is Frustration and 10 is Hidden Power, the member has to do generate 2 more numbers for HMs, so for example they get 1 and 4- they have to get a pokemon who learns Cut and one that learns Strength instead. Could be a bit more effort/complicated for lazy members though?

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
We've tried animals before. It died last time, but you can feel free to try again.

As for the TM/HM challenge, seems sort of pointlessly easy. If you wanted, the only restrictions would be you could only use three moves (if you don't want to use your TM/HM, you could just teach it to your Pokemon and not ever use it), and that your team is limited to Pokemon that can learn a certain TM. For a lot of them, like Ice Beam, Thunder, etc., there are a ton of Pokemon that can learn said TMs. So your team wouldn't be that limited. I vote no.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I actually like Oregon, despite them handing UT's butts to them on a silver platter. They were my third favorite team behind UT and Hawaii (because back then they were called the rainbow warriors, and how funny is that?) throughout my childhood, because I loved their colors. And that they were ducks. Now I love that they have like hundreds of combinations of uniforms they can wear. So ridic.

I just want them to shut Auburn up. That is my dream. I got a houndstooth fedora today as a secret Santa gift between me and my sister, btw. I ended up opening the present with popcorn and a McDonalds card and she got the hat originally. Then my mom left the room and she was like "here you like hats more than me" lol

TM/HM challenge sounds pretty cool I guess, but...eh idk. Nothing I'd bother with. Doesn't have...oomph. I guess that's the sound effect word I'm looking for. Cause it's not that challenging if you get good TMs like 26, 35, and 24. Now, if you got 92, 12, and 2 or something...lol. Just examples though.

Animal challenge has been done to death, but feel free to send in another for approval I guess. They always die. :(

And now back on topic. Can someone give WeigtyWillBill (I think that's who it is, apologies if I'm wrong) a kick in the butt and tell him to update his revived triospecies challenge? I run/co-run 3 pretty big ones, and I know how much of a pain it is to have to update a bunch of stuff, and he's getting close to a month since last update.

This is why I just make a list of Champions for the challenges I host and tell people to VM me when they finish. It's too much for me to keep checking a thread for sign ups. I already have enough things to do and I don't feel like keeping up with all the people participating and who drops out and what not. v_v I just make sure people are signing up correctly.

Years
Cam-Newton-Suspended.jpg

Even if Cam Newton broke NCAA rules, it's not as if the entire Oregon Ducks football team didn't. Before the Pac-10 was nerfed, the only thing
Oregon had going for them was money, Nike Money, which is breaking NCAA rules to give any players illegal benefits, one example of this is $.
Oregon is full of players from all around the country, half of which have been arrested, half of which would have gone to the U or Texas if Phil Grant wasn't paying for their Mom's house and buying them a slick new ride after they signed their soul away to the University of Oregon.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
While I'm fine with us discussing football, make sure that the main topic does stay about challenges, guys. I'm pretty lenient with this thread, so I'd hate to have to crack down on it like a jail warden or something.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
While I'm fine with us discussing football, make sure that the main topic does stay about challenges, guys. I'm pretty lenient with this thread, so I'd hate to have to crack down on it like a jail warden or something.

Nah, I'm the warden, silly. :P

Okay, I don't know if you guys remember way back when before I took my 3 month leave of PC when I was going on and on about my super awesome challenge that I was working on. Well, I might as well tell you about it.

First, I'm going to have to credit redsaber with the original idea, sort of, but I made it playable. Really the only problem I have right now is that it's geared almost exclusively to people with Emulators.

Basically, you use "money" to buy all your Pokemon and items and stuff. The goal is to buy Arceus. He costs a lot of money; like $1,000,000 or something. Everytime you beat a trainer in the game you're playing, you get a little money. You can also get money by selling stuff that you have. So basically if you get money in the game, you get money in this challenge.

Now what do you use money to buy? Well, as you already know, you can buy Pokemon with money. You may also buy TMs, items and stuff, and Evolution Stones. That's right. Your Pokemon can't evolve unless you pay money. I'll have a list if we actually do this with the prices of everything on them.

So you play through the game and beat it. For example, lets say you have around 1,000 left after you beat the champion. That's not nearly enough to buy Arceus! Oh no! But don't fear, you can buy him in small chunks. After you beat a game, you start over on a new game, keeping your money. So you could pay off 1,000 towards Arceus. But then you don't have any money for the next game, so you have to strategically pay off only a certain amount each time, so that you can play through the first part of the next game. So you could pay 500 and then have 500 to start the next game.

This is the general idea of the challenge. I know its really confusing, I just got up so I'm not all the way into things. We'll have to tweak the amount of money for stuff later on if you guys like this idea.

Years

Egad! I'm appalled! How dare someone suggest that I be kicked in the tush. How vile!

And I just updated yesterday, but I'm pretty sure I skipped a few things, so I'll finish that today

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
You guys discussed football. "_" Good I was away. I don't know anything about it. xD

@myrrh : Ahh, so that's that clutter redsaber the troll posted sometime ? Apart from the gremmar and the fact that I couldn't understand anything from his post, I kinda got the thing. It sounds like a cool thing, but with buying Pokemon you mean cheat for one or just get one from the wild when he is available ? Let's not forget we need a list of prices for Pokemon...

This sounds so weird... xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back