• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Hero and Heroine Name Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Unlike a lot of these suggestions, I don't think the characters names will start with an X for one and a Y for the other. While the earlier games had some of the names correspond with the games (red, krys) that hasn't been the trend as of late. If anything I think the names will be based off a theme like they were for BW2. (resonate)

So if the theme was Genetics (which I think it'd be something like that) then I could see the protagonists names being something like Jeanne and Eric.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Wouldn't the female character have a name that starts with X?

Oh. Hm. Well...Xena and Yoseph. ...Haha. Yoseph...

Or maybe names that end with x or y. So Molly and Alex. Watch it end up being Gertrude and Bartholomew or something.

Why's that? It could start with a Y for all you know.

Girls have XX sex chromosomes, boys are XY. That's what he was going for, I believe.

Guy

just a guy
Years

Or maybe names that end with x or y. So Molly and Alex. Watch it end up being Gertrude and Bartholomew or something.
The funny thing is, I could actually see the female being named Gertrude. Pokémon would do it too.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Well let's just name them X and Y since GF is getting less imaginative these days starting from Hilda and Hilbert, and reusing Hilbert's design to Nate's and current names for the current games... From Black 2 and White 2 to X and Y. :/

But my useless ranting aside, I just hope it's beautiful but with the unimaginative side I'm seeing, I'm getting second thoughts about this... :/

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years

Girls have XX sex chromosomes, boys are XY. That's what he was going for, I believe.

Oh boy, Xydian knows what is up.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
The region looks like France to me, even the characters idk why so my 2 favorite French names
Elaine and Deveral, however like Sydian said ('cause Sydian is hilarious IMO xD) It could be Gertrude and Bartholomew xD lmfao so hard at this xD

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Dylan and Diana, they both contain the letters D, N and A. xD Or maybe Gene and Gina, haha.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I hope it's Nate because that's what I name my character. And Natasha for the girl. :)

Years
Dylan and Diana, they both contain the letters D, N and A. xD Or maybe Gene and Gina, haha.

Now those are names I like.

Otherwise I could see Xavier and Yolanda (continuing the X and Y theme) for the boy and girl respectively.

I hope it's Nate because that's what I name my character. And Natasha for the girl. :)

Nate is already the name of the B2/W2 boy character so I doubt they'll use it again.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Hey, since the game's gonna be ,like, a "France" region let's give them french names! Antoine for the boy and Sophie for the girl!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Now that you think about it, The male will probably be Xander or Xavior. But what the heck is the female going to be?!?!?

I like Yasmin, as he suggested (minus the "a" because idk I like it without it!) That would be a name I'd approve of, and given that B/W's were named after the colours (no wait we speculated that? I DON'T REMEMBER--nvm it might not be as likely). But most names I tend to dislike so chances are I won't be happy and it won't be that. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back