• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireOfExile

2363-5961-4897 (3DS)
Years
If there's a way to put mail on a Pokemon, I'd love to do that and try sending messages to people. If not, I'll likely trade whatever I get and start out with a bred starter, with a name saying it's from me. :D

EDIT: Traded "Nick's Doduo", Female, at Lv. 10, for...
Minun! :D

Just traded my Furfrou "Froufang" for Caterpie.

These aren't the best trades, but definitely help for Pokedex purposes. I also think it's kind of cool to use another trainer's old Pokemon for battling!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Best I've gotten so far is a level 30 karrablast for an azurill. Felt kinda bad about that one but I guess it's just the nature of the beast.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
I got a few Weedles and Bunnelbys. Luckily, I didn't give away anything too important. Nothing special. But the internet thing keeps crashing on me and I know it's not my router. Maybe Nintendo's servers are just overwhelmed?

They need to fix Wonder Trade because I'm sure they can see people are trading mostly worthless crap. It's like those Level 9 or lower Zekrom that we all know everyone has and is willing to trade on GTS.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Just wonder traded like 8 Trapinch's and a Gabite. I hope they went to good use :D (I felt generous and they weren't natures I needed anyway, just leftovers from hunting) Of course all I got in return was Zigzagoons and Bunnelbys lol.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 13, 2015
Wonder trade? I wasnt aware you could do so without the GL being up and operational.

Years
I just snagged a Druidigon. Of course that was after a plethora of bunelbies.

Still I think its a cool little tool in the game. Plus it could make for some great challenges in future play throughs. For example, when a pokemon gets knocked out you have to wonder trade it away and use what ever you get.

Years
It's a nice idea, but I haven't used it yet. I'm always worried about these things, just think how many people are just trading level 1 Magikarps and stuff...

Years
What I found on wonder trade.

The story began with me and my friends discovery of wonder trade. And I jokingly said "we'll what if we got a Mewtwo" and then laughed. Of course I went and tried wonder trade. Sending a level 7 pans ear and getting.... Drumroll please! A Gengar level 32. And I almost cried in joy (this is due to my love of ghost types and Gengar being my favorite pokemon). I don't usually get happy about other people's sadness but I chuckled when I thought about that poor fool.

FireOfExile

2363-5961-4897 (3DS)
Years
With this I'm starting to do a lot of trading chains, where I'll capture a Pokemon I haven't captured yet, and if it doesn't evolve or is a male, will trade it over Wonder Trade continuously until I get something I like. I've been doing 10 trades including the first Pokemon just to spread some of the love to everyone else. I'll update my current one as I go.
Snorlax L15 > Caterpie L2 > Skiddo L10 > Snubbull L21 > Ledyba L8 > Woobat L23 > Pansear L4 > Spoink L14 > Minun L10 > Ponyta L30

Wow, good thing I got that Ponyta on the last one. xD

Last edited:

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
Years
So far I've gotten a Ralts, Luvdisc, Gabite (which I'm REALLY happy about!!), Beedrill, and then Pikachus/Caterpies.

All in all nothing too great, though I do like it enough to gamble on it every now and then.

EDIT: Just snagged a Hippopotas! Not sure if they're common later in the game or I just haven't run into one, but I'm officially happy. c:

Years
I just tried it out there putting my Hawlucha up for trade and received a German Furfrou which is pretty cool. I haven't seen one in the wild yet either so that's actually quite good for me.

I imagine for the most part people will just put up terrible pokemon below level 5 so I won't use it much more in future.

bleri1200

Bleri
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
I have been shiny hunting for Cranidos and I have over 15 boxes full of Cranidos (still no luck) and I am planning to send 1 or 2 boxes to my Pokemon X and Y and wonder trade them and see what I get :)

Years
My best friend got a Lvl 70 Chesnaught o_o
I've just had Scatterbugs and Panmonkies and such ahah xD

I'll do a chain right now
Eevee Lvl. 19 > Pansear Lvl. 4 > Espurr Lvl. 12 > Ralts Lvl. 8 > Combee Lvl. 8 > Budew Lvl. 8 > Doduo Lvl. 10 > Pansage Lvl. 4 > Zigzagoon Lvl. 3 > Combee Lvl. 8

Don't know what happened with all the level 8's there.

Last edited:

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I think it's a great feature, koff~

I think it's a great way to complete the Pokedex. While I admit I've thrown up a couple easy captures, I have yet to get anything I wanted to keep, so I've just sent them through the trade route once more. It helps others and can help snag the hard to find ones. I just hope no one starts hoarding everything they get and keep spitting out Weedles. Actually, I think I need a Caterpie. Anyway, since it's a tack what you're given type system, don't go throwing your favorites in there, koffi~

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 10, 2014
I kinda don't wanna use wonder trade because I give my pokes weird nicknames and don't want to force that on anyone. Unless anyone wants a Simisear named Firecrotch, lol.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I kinda don't wanna use wonder trade because I give my pokes weird nicknames and don't want to force that on anyone. Unless anyone wants a Simisear named Firecrotch, lol.

Depends - Gender?

Honestly, I'm suprised that it hasn't been swarmed with zubats and magikarps yet.

Years
I am quite disappointed actually.
The concept is marvelous, just brilliant, however, the players have messed it up.
I have done 60 Trades (increasing over time, since I am still trading as I write), and the only notable Pokémon I had gotten were:
Cubone
Gulpin
Tauros
Panpour
Eevee (very happy with this one, many thanks to Pierrot!)
Skitty
Dugtrio

That's a little less than 10 Caterpies/Scatterbugs/Bidoofs per useful Pokémon.
It kind of stings to trade a lvl 29 Gogoat and receive a lvl 3 Bidoof...

I think there should at least be some kind of level range on it, where if you offered a lvl 15 Pokémon, you should receive a Pokémon between lvl 11 and 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back