• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Now that I've beaten the Elite Four..."

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
What do you usually focus on once you've beaten the Elite Four? Do you work on training up your competitive team? Do you embark on a quest to complete the Pokedex? Or maybe you go straight to the Battle Frontier/Subway/Maison to earn some cool prizes? What's your usual post-game agenda? :)

Meng Jiaxin

Dragonlord of the Seas
Years
Usually I head for fun post game storylines (Looker in Kalos, Delta episode in Hoenn), then I get straight down to catching 'em all. If I feel like it I might try a turn or two at the battle facilities, but since I don't do competitive, I usually suck at it.

And finally I get to breeding Magikarps for my next run. {XD}

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Do some sidestory and train my team even more.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
My post-game agenda are mainly on completing the Pokédex which includes capturing legends, battling my way through the Battle Facilities as well as breeding Pokémon.

Years
I mainly try to catch legendaries, look for more items and even train up some new Pokemon. I may even attempt a battle facility if I want to farm BP.

Years
I usually concentrate on completing the Dex and exploring features such as the Contests and Battle Facilities and other things I skip past while focusing on the story.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
Years
  • Age 35
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 17, 2015
Typically that's when I start on a post-game competitive team, and unfortunately a lot of the time I don't end up doing the post game content as a result. Once the credits roll... it makes me sort of subconsciously just assume the game is basically over, so I stop putting priority on progress. This is why I've yet to encounter Kyurem in the wild, or do Delta Episode. I DID go get Zygarde, though... but not Mewtwo.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I pretty much do EVERYTHING post-game including catching legendaries, training, post game storylines or events that happen once you've beaten the E4.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I'd say my usual postgame activity consists of breeding and EV training for the battle facilities. I was also planning on decking out my secret base in OR, but sadly I haven't gotten around to doing so yet D:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
Tough to say, really. When I was playing actively, meaning on my first playthrough of a game, I just went on with the postgame stuff, because I hadn't played that part before. After that, most of the time went into breeding stuff, but the more I bred, the more I got bored of it. Whenever I replay a game, I just like to play through the main part and stop, whenever I beat the champion of the game, unless there's some kind of event or something else, that might be worthwhile doing.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
I usually train my Team to Beat Elite Four, after that i embark on a mission to capture legendaries etc.I sometimes try to attempt to go in the Battle Frontier to earn some BP whatsoever.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Firstly I'm going straight to explore post-game areas and catch legendaries. When I've finished that (or nearly) I start breeding Pokémon for moves and train those and try Battle Facilities. When I replay a game for a challenge I rarely do much after beating the Champion.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
If there are post-game areas, I explore them. I usually catch all the legendaries though, and that's about it tbh. The Battle facilities like the Maison and Subway don't really interest me much. I just explore areas, get the legendaries, and do online battles and trades.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
My post game activity is mostly limited to catching legendaries and completing any extra events. Once I've done that I usually just fly around to different places and work on leveling up my team. I don't have as much patience for post-game content, so once I've gotten the major stuff I like to start a new game.

GengyGengar

Sp00py
Years
With the recent games, I've been focusing on breeding either for shinies or competitive teams. Before that, I would play the game, complete it and start over and complete it again. I just loved replaying the game with different Pokemon every time, because the thought of a unique adventure each time was so fun to me :3

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
If it's my first play-through I'll go ahead and do all the post game stuff like catching legends or whatever story was leftover! Afterwards though I just leave the game until I want another play-through and re-start it!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
With the recent games, I've been focusing on breeding either for shinies or competitive teams. Before that, I would play the game, complete it and start over and complete it again. I just loved replaying the game with different Pokemon every time, because the thought of a unique adventure each time was so fun to me :3

If it's my first play-through I'll go ahead and do all the post game stuff like catching legends or whatever story was leftover! Afterwards though I just leave the game until I want another play-through and re-start it!

Oh yea, that's something else I do once I've finished the game: start over! I've only started doing this in Gen 6 though, because the Pokemon Bank allows me to store all the Pokemon I caught in my first playthrough. On my second playthrough I like to play with Pokemon from my bank, so I'm not limited to only the Pokemon available in the game ^^

Years
Sometimes, if i've just finished a challenge, in Generation VI i'll send the Pokémon to Bank and leave them there for remembrance sake (after I complete the Delta Episode if i'm playing ORAS). If it's Generation IV or V, i'll mess around with them in the post-game and just try to have some fun with what I have.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
if i really love my team ill go around and do all the extras possible, probably explore every area and collect all the items. most times i just restart it though

Years
Usually I go around and explore the region once more, in case of any post-game changes or new story-related content I might miss. After that comes either building competitive teams for any battle facilites (Subway, Frontier, PWT, Maison etc.) or going around and capturing legendaries. Sometimes if I'm motivated, I'll go and complete the Regional Pokedex, other times even National. With the Gen 6 games, I've found myself ignoring the Maison with the exception of farming points for prizes, and sticking to online matches instead.

Back