• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yeah ... it sucks.

Asher

Just your ordinary evil...
Years
Hey, there. I just wanted to ask if you guys could adjust the moveset of this Emerald team since I'm quite a dunce at this subject.

Grovyle @ Miracle Seed
Overgrow
Lonely nature
- Leaf Blade
- Quick Attack
- Absorb
- Fury Cutter

Swellow
Guts
Bashful nature
- Steel Wing
- Fly
- Aerial Ace
- Endeavor

Vigoroth @ Silk Scarf
Vital Spirit
Relaxed nature
- Cut
- Rock Smash (I'm still looking for a good fighting move.)
- Slash
- Slack Off

Numel
Oblivious
Docile nature
- Rock Tomb
- Earth Quake (Or should I keep magnitude?)
- Strength
- Ember (Still trying to raise it to level 41 for a flamethrower)

The last Pokemon (5 man team), I decided should be water but I can't decide between Barboach, Wailmer, or Lombre. Help me figure which one is the best.

Last edited:

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
Years
I'm obliged to help with Grovile-grass types are my specialty. Leaf Blade is the only decent move he has. get rid of ALL other moves. Hell, he naturally learns better moves himself.
Ok, how about this:

Leaf Blade
Crunch
Dragonbreath
Hidden Power(Fire)/Solarbeam/Brick Break

Since your playing on Emerald, the moveset is kinda limited. I don't know how to make sure Hidden Power turns out Fire. So possibly Brick Break to cover it's weaknesses.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
Camerupt @ Leftovers
Solid Rock
Sassy (+Sp Def, -Spd)
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion/Yawn

he's much cooler in D/P. you should get it.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
sims796, please don't post suggestions before you've grasped at least the basics of strategy. Physical moves on Sceptile are worthless in R/S/E, as is Solarbeam without having Groudon on your team, Dragonbreath in general, and Hidden Power ingame.

Hey, there. I just wanted to ask if you guys could adjust the moveset of this Emerald team since I'm quite a dunce at this subject.

Grovyle @ Leftovers
Overgrow
Lonely nature
- Leaf Blade
- Quick Attack Thunderpunch
- Absorb Dragon Claw/Leech Seed
- Fury Cutter Substitute

Augh, bad nature. Sceptile really prefers Timid and Lonely isn't helping in any way. .__. Well, special attacks are still the way to go. Thunderpunch (obtained from a move tutor in the Battle Frontier) complements Leaf Blade very well in terms of type coverage. Substitute (Tutor in Lily Cove) is ideal protection since Leech Seed combined with Leftovers recovery will make it almost free (Even without Leech Seed, it's still a way for controlled HP dropping, which lets you trigger Overgrow). Leech Seed (which I really recommend getting) is an egg move, though, so you'll have to breed and start training afresh. It's definitely worth it, though, although Dragon Claw can work as a sub-optimal filler.

Swellow @ Choice Band
Guts
Bashful nature
- Steel Wing
- Fly Quick Attack
- Aerial Ace
- Endeavor Return/Double Edge/Facade

Yeah, Swellow only really works as a CB Sweeper. Facade is an option since it gets both STAB and Guts boost, meaning that if your Swellow is poisoned or paralyzed it will power up twice (once from its own ability and once from Guts), making it a serious menace, especially since it gets STAB as well. Quick Attack for first strikes, because Fly just sucks (Two turn attack of 70 base power and a chance to miss? Riiiight...).

Vigoroth @ Choice Band
Vital Spirit
Relaxed nature
- Cut Return
- Rock Smash (I'm still looking for a good fighting move.) Earthquake
- Slash Rock Slide/Shadow Ball
- Slack Off Focus Punch/Rock Slide

*Le sigh* another one that lives for the CB. Evolving this thing is basically a must (because Vigoroth is just plain weak), and because of Truant the only thing it can really do is hit and run, but on the plus side; it hits hard. Hyper Beam might seem like a good idea (since you're losing a turn anyway), but it won't let you switch out on the charge-up turn so I wouldn't recommend it. Return is good solid STAB, anyway. Focus Punch is for prediction purposes (or if you've Baton Passed a Substitute to Slaking) since its potential damage is huge, but if you aren't into that thing then just replace it with a physical filler. Earthquake eliminates your need for a fighting move since it covers the same problems (Steel and Rock).

Numel @ Choice Band
Oblivious
Docile nature
- Rock Tomb Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Strength Explosion
- Ember Fire Blast

Because exploding camels are cool. And yeah, I know it's another CB set but again it calls for it.

The last Pokemon (5 man team), I decided should be water but I can't decide between Barboach, Wailmer, or Lombre. Help me figure which one is the best.

Erm...I do hope you mean Wailord, Ludicolo, or Whiscash. No point with not evolving them. o.O Anyway, Ludicolo is the best of those three - no contest:

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
Surf
Ice Beam
Leech Seed
Substitute

Since you seem to lack any walling types. Seriously, though, I'd recommend;

Milotic @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Surf
Ice Beam/Toxic
Rest
Sleep Talk

It just walls to no end because it freely abuses Marvel Scale (Doubled defense) on account of Rest while at the same time continuing to pound away at your opponent because of Sleep Talk. Toxic is my preference on the second damaging move since it benefits from the drawn-out battles that bulky water types promote, but yeah. Anyway, this would definitely benefit your team more since you have basically zero walling potential.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2007
A cool Grovyle is also:

Leaf Blade
Thunderpunch
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Whiscash:

Surf
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Spark

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
A cool Grovyle is also:

Leaf Blade
Thunderpunch
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Whiscash:

Surf
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Spark

Umm...what on earth is Earthquake supposed to hurt? Sceptile's Atk is pretty lukewarm at best and it's not like it has any problems with Magneton (just about the only thing that EQ would hurt better than the other moves). o.O

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2007
Well, I like EQ. Lol. It's kinda suprising. But Crunch and Leech Seed are cooler.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Well, I like EQ. Lol. It's kinda suprising. But Crunch and Leech Seed are cooler.

Surprise doesn't get you much in the way of advantage, you know. If it can't hurt anything more than the existing moves there's really not much point with having it on the set. The wtf factor is only worthwhile if it actually accomplishes something. :\

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2007
Well, against pokés with huge special def and little physical it's worth it.

But once again, Crunch and Leech Seed are cooler. And substitute too.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
O.O;;
I am so happy.
Thanks for the movesets. But how do I use my HMs? x_X;;

Just get yourself a couple of HM slaves (pokémon with full-HM movesets) and switch them into the party for the travelling part. I usually use Baltoy/Claydol, Wailmer, Tropius and Zigzagoon for this. When a tough battle is coming up just dump the HM-slave(s) into the PC and take back your regular trained ones.

Back