• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
That deer did not look corrupted to me.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Yea I'm not sure about Xerneas being corrupted either.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Anything that shakes up the competitive battling scene would be really fun I bet!

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
I highly doubt that shadow pokemon make a comeback. If they do, they won't in a main series game. They could possibly make a third game extending on the colosseum and XD line... Most likely for the wii u. If shadow pokemon return they will return in a spin off

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
On the topic of Shadow Pokémon, that (Colosseum, then XD) was my first Pokémon storyline. I admit it. Thought I'd try it for a lark and I found it interesting, moreso than the older generations. Call me a sucker for the graphics. I think I stopped Colosseum at some point and don't know if I finished it, but I did complete XD. In fact, I beat the final boss a few more times! Then I got bored. :D

If there was a specific subquest or something where you could get a tool that let you snag Shadow Pokémon like in those games, that would allow for Pokémon not found in the wild to show up in another party and thus be caught that way (with their evolution families later being found in the wild in a completely different region, perhaps flying to a portion of Unova and finding them, an area that has to include Mistralton as the plane locale unless Nuvema gets outfitted with an airport to the south and becomes a bigger town).

The problem becomes having to introduce a character (a la Miror B.) to collect uncaught snaggables and show up to battle you somewhere. That can be a bit of a tough mechanic to implement, and they probably don't want to do that again.

Besides, there'd have to be an explanation for them in the storyline.

Cyclone

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... shadow Pokémon were the most interesting concept in Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. It would be interesting to see shadow Pokémon in Pokémon X and Y, knowing that it won't happen of course. xD

Hm... I'm kind of thinking that Yveltal could be Dark/Flying-type now, even though I do see the red underside which I thought at first that it indicated that it was Fire/Flying-type.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hm... shadow Pokémon were the most interesting concept in Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. It would be interesting to see shadow Pokémon in Pokémon X and Y, knowing that it won't happen of course. xD

Hm... I'm kind of thinking that Yveltal could be Dark/Flying-type now, even though I do see the red underside which I thought at first that it indicated that it was Fire/Flying-type.

The colour of the Pokémon doesn't mean much. Take Zekrom for instance. I kind of looks like a Dark type.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I'm still thinking that it might be one type instead of two. There are a lot of Pokemon that LOOK like flying types but aren't(Hydreigon is one of them, but it can actually fly, so), so yeah. XD

And even Venomoth is one of them, due to having wings and flying, but it's actually Bug/Poison, so looks can deceive, after all~!

Mmm, Scizor is another one just like that.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I thought it'd have Levitate too if not Flying because how else would it get into the sky lmao but honestly if it wasn't part Flying or didn't have Levitate I would get really confused because HOW ELSE DOES IT GET INTO THE SKY??

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I thought it'd have Levitate too if not Flying because how else would it get into the sky lmao but honestly if it wasn't part Flying or didn't have Levitate I would get really confused because HOW ELSE DOES IT GET INTO THE SKY??

The same way Dustox can fly I suppose, it has wings u_u

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

The same way Dustox can fly I suppose, it has wings u_u

This haha. But if you think about, apart from balancing things out, what's the point of flying types if you're only giving it to half the Pokemon that can fly?

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
This haha. But if you think about, apart from balancing things out, what's the point of flying types if you're only giving it to half the Pokemon that can fly?

I always had a problem understanding that. Eventually I started telling myself that the flying type was for Pokemon that had naturally mastered flying type moves.

Of course Gyarados kinda breaks that rule, so yeah :/

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I always had a problem understanding that. Eventually I started telling myself that the flying type was for Pokemon that had naturally mastered flying type moves.

Of course Gyarados kinda breaks that rule, so yeah :/

Yeah, Gyrados is an odd ball, but I'm really pleased with him being part flying. Reason being that Waterfall and Bounce give almost perfect coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back