• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Eternity - Realtime Battles, future MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lén1

Eternity Staff
Years
awesome game ^^
by the way, im a spriter, if you happened to need spriters. just pm me.

you can see some of my sprite works at this link
(just copy this link to your webpage)(i cant put links because i dont have 15 or more post)

s967.photobucket.com/home/seed-01

those sprites are r/s/e style.
characters are from the anime and manga

note: no one can use those sprites unless given permission by me. im saving those for a pokemon game project

Thk you for support ! we already have spriterS but if we need help, we'll contact you.

Suger said:
Thanks for answering my question so quickly.

Just an idea for eggs if you're doing time, maby you could have something like;
when you have an eggm in your party after a certain number of seconds it will hatch (e.g. eevee takes 6400 steps so maby 6400 second in your party?)

Or maybe if you go with steps, each time your sprite 'steps' it will get closer to hatching,
Or possibly every time you go over a grid square?

I dunno, just wording my ideas. But of course if you have a better or more practical way to hatch them go for it!

Also about the mapper thing; you want people to make dungeons, towns, scenes or what? I'm a little confused...

Thanks for tolerating a noob's questioning ^^'

this is an mmo ... 6400 s is really short ^^

Well for the map contest, you do what you want how you want where you want (for example someone just post a map with real material on our forum, i don't really like that, but you do what you want).

You can map a dungeon if you want ^^ DO WHAT YOU WANT :D

for example someone do that (otos, it is forbidden to rip):
Spoiler:

Lusidea

Lolwut
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
this is an mmo ... 6400 s is really short ^^

Well for the map contest, you do what you want how you want where you want (for example someone just post a map with real material on our forum, i don't really like that, but you do what you want).

You can map a dungeon if you want ^^ DO WHAT YOU WANT :D

for example someone do that (otos, it is forbidden to rip):
Spoiler:
[/QUOTE]

106 Minutes continuous game play for an Eevee to hatch isn't that much. Maybe we could have it so you need to play for 106 minutes and step 6400 times.

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2023
Thanks for answering my question so quickly.

Just an idea for eggs if you're doing time, maby you could have something like;
when you have an eggm in your party after a certain number of seconds it will hatch (e.g. eevee takes 6400 steps so maby 6400 second in your party?)

Or maybe if you go with steps, each time your sprite 'steps' it will get closer to hatching,
Or possibly every time you go over a grid square?

I dunno, just wording my ideas. But of course if you have a better or more practical way to hatch them go for it!

Also about the mapper thing; you want people to make dungeons, towns, scenes or what? I'm a little confused...

Thanks for tolerating a noob's questioning ^^'
Time may be too easy as you just AFK and could hatch an egg. Steps may be too little since it's fairly easy to just walk in circles. Like I said we'll have to think of some better way this will work.

awesome game ^^
by the way, im a spriter, if you happened to need spriters. just pm me.

you can see some of my sprite works at this link
(just copy this link to your webpage)(i cant put links because i dont have 15 or more post)

s967.photobucket.com/home/seed-01

those sprites are r/s/e style.
characters are from the anime and manga

note: no one can use those sprites unless given permission by me. im saving those for a pokemon game project
Nice work. Most of the sprites will be from D/P/P if you have any experience with those that'd be awesome. LMK.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
How about counting the number of battles you have? It's said that Pokémon Eggs hatch if they're around active pokémon, which is why you get your Togepi in Gold/Silver. Perhaps Eggs can hatch after you've defeated 200 pokémon while it was in your party (or some other number). Depositing an Egg lowers that count by, say, 50, much like happiness lowers (or it lowers by 5 for every hour it's not in your party).

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
Step system will gradually slow down your server, since you have to send the info every step you take, unless you have high bandwidth, it will gradually mess you up. and also since computers have a limited memory, storing the steps of all the players can take a big chunk of memory (since python does not have a limit on the integer length, it just increases the ram usage as it goes up) Or you can just send it everytime they exit the map and check if its higher and only start the counter when an egg is present.

Suger

Legendary Pokemon of Sweets
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
106 Minutes continuous game play for an Eevee to hatch isn't that much. Maybe we could have it so you need to play for 106 minutes and step 6400 times.

That might work.

Another question; Eventually, maby after the full release or something, are you planning on doing Shinies? It's ok if you don't know, I'm just a little curious.

Someday my curiosity will get me in a lot of trouble >>

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
How about counting the number of battles you have? It's said that Pokémon Eggs hatch if they're around active pokémon, which is why you get your Togepi in Gold/Silver. Perhaps Eggs can hatch after you've defeated 200 pokémon while it was in your party (or some other number). Depositing an Egg lowers that count by, say, 50, much like happiness lowers (or it lowers by 5 for every hour it's not in your party).

Happiness doesn't lower if you put a Pokémon in the PC... If this system is used, it shouldn't affect eggs, either.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Happiness doesn't lower if you put a Pokémon in the PC... If this system is used, it shouldn't affect eggs, either.
I didn't say "happiness for Eggs". I was just trying to think of more factors that would affect hatching time than just "kill X opponents" that would make some vague sense in the Pokéverse.

How about lowering hatching time by 20 kills if you wrap the Egg in a blanket? Implement it much like held items, except Eggs can only "hold" blankets/hatching units (as I believe the anime shows), and there are several different kinds to choose from:

• Ones the change (usually lower) the number of kills required before hatching.
  • Ones that change (usually raise) the happiness of the hatched pokémon.
  • Ones that teach the hatched pokémon a particular move.
  • Ones that change the stats/nature of the hatched pokémon.
  • Combinations of the above.
And depositing your Pikachu in Yellow makes it unhappy.

Lusidea

Lolwut
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
That might work.

Another question; Eventually, maby after the full release or something, are you planning on doing Shinies? It's ok if you don't know, I'm just a little curious.

Someday my curiosity will get me in a lot of trouble >>
Yes, staff members will probably have shinies at the start of the game, but there will eventually be shinies released, as long as someone recolours all the sprites.

I didn't say "happiness for Eggs". I was just trying to think of more factors that would affect hatching time than just "kill X opponents" that would make some vague sense in the Pokéverse.

How about lowering hatching time by 20 kills if you wrap the Egg in a blanket? Implement it much like held items, except Eggs can only "hold" blankets/hatching units (as I believe the anime shows), and there are several different kinds to choose from:

• Ones the change (usually lower) the number of kills required before hatching.
  • Ones that change (usually raise) the happiness of the hatched pokémon.
  • Ones that teach the hatched pokémon a particular move.
  • Ones that change the stats/nature of the hatched pokémon.
  • Combinations of the above.
And depositing your Pikachu in Yellow makes it unhappy.
This is actually a really good idea.

Last edited:

Suger

Legendary Pokemon of Sweets
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
I can help with re-colouring sprites if you want. I also should have a shiny ponyta sheet lying around in my pictures folder...

As for things like 'wrapping eggs in blankets' to make them hatch faster. It's an interesting idea, and it would work too!
It would be awesome if features like that could be put into the fina version.

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
Will you have a dedicated server (like the high end ones, with high bandwidth) or just run it off your home pc?

Szulerski

I <3 MyBB for this option!
Years
That's the greatest Pokemon game I ever seen ! XD

Maybe I start in mapping contest, but my mapping sux a bit :P
Tell me, don't want other help?

Examples:

- item databases, descriptions
- monster attacks/stats
- NPC's
- in-game player supporter (ex. on beta server)
- quest writing or scripting

or some easy to code client/server things (coz I know you are more skilled, lol)

Lusidea

Lolwut
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011

Examples:

- monster attacks/stats
- NPC's

or some easy to code client/server things (coz I know you are more skilled, lol)

I'm busy writing a storyline, could you write a Mission as an example of your work?

Lén1

Eternity Staff
Years

Examples:

- monster attacks/stats
- NPC's

- already done
- already done
- spira's coding npc system
- not required, all the admins will be online for the beta :lol:
- well ... lusidea as answered you

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
Not working on client <-> server system ...

client <-> server <-> DB

Server is an admin I guess, and DB is hosted somwehere on the internet (with high bandwith).
So server and DB are different servers? I dont think thats a good Idea since that needs more bandwidth and the extra step to transfer the data from the server to the DB server is redundant. Just make the server do all the DB work. Its the most effecient way since theres only need for it to transfer the data once over teh internet, unless you are trying to pull off a multi game server like the highend games, but I doubt you have the money to do it and maintaine it

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
Well ... Admins are the servers ... and the database is a host on internet ...

the advantage is that every players will be on the same database, so if they are on different servers, they can play together !

Every servers will host as many players as they can ...
I have
Up: 200kB/s to 400kB/s
Down: 750kB/s to 2MB/s

Kami has done calculus (or spira I don't know) and she told me that:
1 kB/s ~= 1 Player

To keep the game playing I will, for example, host at max 200 players ...

You will say that I will have to dial with the DB too, yeah, so why 200 players are good ? because when i'm at 200kB/s it's between 7pm to 9pm ... and at this time i'm can't host so ... it will work.

Then, kami as already had this discussion with some friends of her and they have concluded that it was the best things to do according to what we are looking for.

EDIT: there will be 2 DB I think ... English/French .... and who knows maybe more in the future :lol:
But do you have enough money to accomplish this? thats roughly 6 servers minimum, 1 for DB english and another for french, 2 french game servers and 2 english game servers, that 6 in total

to save costs, just have 2 servers, 1 french and 1 english, each with its own DB

Last edited:

Kami-shi

Eternity's Chief
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2012
Len wasn't really clear about the subject.
It will be one or more dedicated server.
Please do not ask about those kind of stuff anymore, like money, because it's not really your buiseness. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back