• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I remember Nakuzami planning to make a RP based on KH, but he kind of disappeared before he could make it. :B Iirc he was also making a Skyrim RP.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Actually, I submitted an IC thread 2 minutes after he/she accepted threads. :( Do I have to wait a whole week before mine is accepted?

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
SD:... I can't help but say this, but I am really annoyed with you now. Causing all this minor drama, rejecting all the ideas people give you, and complaining about how "unintelligent" you are, you already submitted one? You could have left it at: "I am making a KH rp, is anyone interested?" and later somehow talk about the plot... I am very, very annoyed....

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
So after all of that, you had one ready and submitted it...
Diamond...

It's not a Kingdom Hearts RP. It's a different kind of RP. I have an OOC in the Roleplay Lounge since a week ago I think. I just submitted the IC just an hour ago. I was just thinking of making another RP with Kingdom Hearts, but now I already decided to give up on it.

Please answer my question.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
It's not a Kingdom Hearts RP. It's a different kind of RP. I have an OOC in the Roleplay Lounge since a week ago I think. I just submitted the IC just an hour ago. I was just thinking of making another RP with Kingdom Hearts, but now I already decided to give up on it.

Please answer my question.
Why don't you just ask Skymin, we can't answer that for you.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I asked Skymin an hour ago, but he's/she's offline. Now I just know I have to wait a whole week to start my RP, which annoys me.
I doubt that, while studying the order of the posts in the "Roleplay Acceptance" thread, I noticed that the time between each post is pretty erratic, but most of the posts seem to be accepted somewhere within 6 days of each other, but I saw no indication of a "once at the end of every week" pattern. Heck, some of the posts came in the exact same day.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I doubt that, while studying the order of the posts in the "Roleplay Acceptance" thread, I noticed that the time between each post is pretty erratic, but most of the posts seem to be accepted somewhere within 6 days of each other, but I saw no indication of a "once at the end of every week" pattern. Heck, some of the posts came in the exact same day.

It doesn't feel fair though that I have to wait when I just submit my thread when other threads were accepted & denied 2 minutes before.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
It doesn't feel fair though that I have to wait when I just submit my thread when other threads were accepted & denied 2 minutes before.
I think it's more an injustice to Skymin than anything else. They posted the list and a few minutes later they have to look over an IC which came in late. They have to take their time out of their day to review an IC for someone who entered it after they posted the list, which they probably only got on to post; I think it's completely fair to you. I mean, seriously, if I were Skymin I'd wait to accept it to given the circumstances.

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Now that I don't have to rant, let's talk about something that is, i dunno, RELEVANT!

@DeepImpact: Me and Elite Killer did make an Elder Scrolls RP (which is the series in which Skyrim is a part of) and it is accepting characters, if you know what I mean.

Anyways, a question,

What is your favourite RP? Like, which one did/do you have to most fun being involved with or reading?

Mine, Mine, Mine has to be... The Tournament to Beat All Others. (I think that was what It was called, ask someone else) I enjoyed it because it was fun to play in, interesting, and was my first experience roleplaying with the mighty and awesome SuperVegeta.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
What is your favourite RP? Like, which one did/do you have to most fun being involved with or reading?

Pokemon Trainer Academy. I love that I get to interact with so many RPers.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

Eh... I'd be very concerned that these 'single player' elements would be a large conflict of interest. You see one of the biggest things ever about RPing is that it's not single player, in fact that's fundamental to RPing as we know it, so going with this idea as is would alienate a large chunk of the userbase immediately on creation. (I question why I'm the only person who noticed this. Critique is valuable, yo)

That's disregarding the fact that the market for PTA-like RPs recently became arguably saturated...
Not really. It's not fundamental to the concept of "roleplaying", it's just the standard - and certainly the most entertaining part of - forum rolaplaying as we know it here.

There have been many RPs where players mostly write out their own adventures and only occasionally post together with others. I personally have enjoyed many of those. There are many different ways of RPing and while most focus on shorter posts where characters always interact for driving a story forward (or even build a story from "nothing"), there can be RPs where the players mostly play "against" the GM. Kind of like one does when playing a single player video game, and the AI is the GM there. Unless the RP is too free and makes the players confused or easily bored after a while, it can be fun. It's like an alternative to writing an OT fanfic on your own, plus you'll have the option to actually interact with other players once in a while, when it suits you.

And if a "large chunk of the userbase" don't want to sign up for something like this, then I'm probably not looking for those players anyways, but rather for some other part of the userbase who actually like this style :D

Simply put, as I've mentioned in some RP somewhere, this style is for when you feel like playing a pokémon game (or a hack, heh) with new twists and plots and a lot more freedom, but want to take a break (or even avoid) the usual kind of RP where you interact at all times.

Diversity (y)

Nam

Years

Pokemon Trainer Academy. I love that I get to interact with so many RPers.

I haven't been in many RPs (in this forum), but from the ones I've been on I like "Journey Through the Dark" by Nakuzami. It never finished though cause the GM disappeared... xP

Ever since I've been searching for a similar RP to quench my needs. On the mean time, I'm RPing DBZ and Sonic elsewhere.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I mean, a plot required for a RP. From what I've read the story is more like a backstory for why the whole game takes place.

It's going to be based off of that plot. If you want it extremely simplified, It's Red and BLU corporations sending in nine soldiers (conveniently the same kinds) and basically having territory war and trying to get Australium. Of course, the plot we have in mind goes much deeper. And on top of that, we can justify a "respawn" but at the same time make it a very negative aspect. We're getting everything squared away and might make the actual RP soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back