• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Down with the Crown? Sounds like a revolution. lol. We'll see if I join. Although I'm already in one Journey RP right about now.

Also, ppl, my RP Moss: Earthly Beings OOC has been sent to Skymin for approval. It's basically a sci-fi about an alien race called the Moss that used to live on Earth, and have now come back to reclaim their land. I think it's rather original because the alien threat actually comes from ON earth this time. Hope to have some of you join it. :)

Yes, 'cause it's not like in War of the Worlds the aliens hadn't buried their machines on Earth long before humans came to be, only coming back later to destroy us all. :P

@PkMn Trainer Yellow - I vaguely remember seeing Down With The Crown around before . . . I might take a look at it, lol.

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years

Yes, 'cause it's not like in War of the Worlds the aliens hadn't buried their machines on Earth long before humans came to be, only coming back later to destroy us all. :P

@PkMn Trainer Yellow - I vaguely remember seeing Down With The Crown around before . . . I might take a look at it, lol.

Umm, actually no, it isn't. Stop being an idiot and just wait for it to be accepted, yeah? I don't mean to sound harsh, but your jokes really aren't funny. Just do us all a favor and shut up.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Wym Lol, chill dude, he's only joking.

Anyways, check this out: Pokemon: A Fresh Start, Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning, Pokemon: A New World, Focus Shift: A New Awakening. Anyone see a trend? xD

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
I did not mean to say that much. (I really didn't mean too)
But you need to stop thrashing NKZM still.

Now if you will excuse me, I'm going back to working on the most annoying project ever.

Wymsical

Years
I did not mean to say that much. (I really didn't mean too)
But you need to stop thrashing NKZM still.

Now if you will excuse me, I'm going back to working on the most annoying project ever.

I'm not trashing him, he's attempting to trash me. lol

What project might that be?

Also, yeah, veg, I do see the trend here. People want to start anew because they already did a whole buncha trash. lol jk.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
The project is learning to use CryEngine 3 Sandbox for a science project, It's terrible.

Nakuzami

Years
@Wym Lol, chill dude, he's only joking.

Anyways, check this out: Pokemon: A Fresh Start, Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning, Pokemon: A New World, Focus Shift: A New Awakening. Anyone see a trend? xD

Lol, I think I do~

@ODST - Lol dude, it's okay. We're just joking (I hope) in our own, completely and utterly insane way.

Anyways . . . I think I already asked this . . .
If I were to make a Journey RP for every region, would you think it better if I made it five separate RPs, or one large one as they will all take place in the same world, around the same time, even if the RPers from different regions most likely won't interact, unless they have some sort of phone conversation or something?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
...Mocking someone's creation for being "unoriginal" is not funny at all.

Unless of course you're being /satirical/ and acknowledging the fact that absolutely nothing is original and that originality died a long time ago. In that case it's hilarious, but this is not that case.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Lol, except in this case, both of them are only joking. Trust me, I know Wym, he's not taking this seriously, and neither should any of you. :p Let them bicker, and let's all get back to RP discussions.

Anyways, I was wondering something a while ago. I remember reading from one of you guys that quote 'no RP has yet to make me laugh', and I see around, and everybody is in all of these serious RPs, so it gives me the idea: If I were to make an RP based solely around comedy instead of seriousness, would that be a good idea? This, of course, wouldn't be released anytime soon, as I have another RP to manage, but sometime maybe in the beginning or middle or next year. What do you guys think?

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Nakuzami if you wanted to do a Journey one with all the regions I would suggest having an over arcing story line why the trainers would travel to all the regions. Perhaps make it Journey/Story driven (instead of completely focusing on the badge and elite four aspect focus a bit more of a Team Rocket type organization that forces the players to travel to all the regions (they can still earn badges and such while they are at the respectful regions)).

If you wanted one big massive RP with all the regions (and I would recommend having a lot of characters so its not one player per region thing)... honestly I think that it would be better for a RP like that to make a whole separate forum so you can separate out the regions so its not so much a mess of posts from 10 different areas.

On the subject of Journey RPs has anyone tried to make one where half the RPers are the trainers and the other half is their first (most powerful) Pokemon.... would be hard to do but might be interesting from an interaction sense. It would be like in the cartoon between Ash and pikachu where Ash has other pokemon but Pikachu is still the star and center of attention Pokemon wise.

Also just FYI to get things moving in First Contact I opened all the slots and removed reservations. Still have 3 Pokemon and 1 human slots not officially filled. Yes you can call me impatient for not waiting more than a week for those who requested reservations, but I would like to get the IC up BEFORE the holidays.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years

Anyways . . . I think I already asked this . . .
If I were to make a Journey RP for every region, would you think it better if I made it five separate RPs, or one large one as they will all take place in the same world, around the same time, even if the RPers from different regions most likely won't interact, unless they have some sort of phone conversation or something?

I wouldn't do it in one topic, that could get very chaotic, but I guess it also depends on how you want to run it.

Are you planning on it being chapter based? It wouldn't be impossible to post 5 chapters at a time, but it would be time-consuming on your part and take effort. But if you do it that way, and so maintaining control, then it could work without getting confusing.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Yes you can call me impatient for not waiting more than a week for those who requested reservations, but I would like to get the IC up BEFORE the holidays.

More like too patient. xD An entire week of someone just... not posting? I don't mean to be a backseat driver but that's a death sentence for most RPs if you let them get away with that. |D

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years

More like too patient. xD An entire week of someone just... not posting? I don't mean to be a backseat driver but that's a death sentence for most RPs if you let them get away with that. |D

Ok good to know... I really want to fill those spots soon. I have enough interested just need people to finish their SUs/fix them. I have plans for this RP, and would like to see it start soon.

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
Years

Nakuzami

Years
Lol, except in this case, both of them are only joking. Trust me, I know Wym, he's not taking this seriously, and neither should any of you. :p Let them bicker, and let's all get back to RP discussions.

Anyways, I was wondering something a while ago. I remember reading from one of you guys that quote 'no RP has yet to make me laugh', and I see around, and everybody is in all of these serious RPs, so it gives me the idea: If I were to make an RP based solely around comedy instead of seriousness, would that be a good idea? This, of course, wouldn't be released anytime soon, as I have another RP to manage, but sometime maybe in the beginning or middle or next year. What do you guys think?

That would be First Snow that said that. /Somehow remembers that

@PkMn Trainer Yellow - Lol, I was completely kidding when I said that to Wymsical. I meant that it was a bit similar to the situation in War of the Worlds. :P

Okay, so not all in one RP for the journies . . . I'd say more, but my school bus should appear any second. :/

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

Well, I had that idea with a circus RP. xD

I'm planning to bring it back soon. :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Sorry I've been rather inactive guys. My PC has been unusually busy with my brother playing lame games, plus Christmas and work has been pretty busy. Yay for Chrissie sales and long lines and retail.

I'll sort out all of the submissions and arguments (because I can see a something going on) when I get on there (hopefully tomorrow or the day after). Sorry guys!

Wymsical

Years
(rolls eyes) I swear, you two, Nakuzami and Wsymical, banter and bicker like an old married couple.

Don't...don't say that, it's disturbing. lol

Totally. Let us bicker. I'm pretty sure he was only kidding with the unoriginal thing though. But I wasn't kidding about the jokes thing, I was joking about the jokes thing. That means the same thing, but meh. Get what I'm sayin'? lol

OMG! That would be so awesome! An RP totally comedic. Count. Me. In! And count Nakuzami in too, he wouldn't miss this out for the world, right boi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back