• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Smash 4/7/2013 + April CoroCoro: Mewtwo's New Form!

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Pokemon.com is treating it like a brand new Pokemon instead of a new form. It could be Mewthree like everyone says.

I guess that's it then, the mews will now have a trio. Works for me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
The video of the footage reads "Get a glimpse of a newly discovered Pokémon in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y that bears an intriguing resemblance to the Legendary Mewtwo!" So things are looking up that it isn't just a new form, which is great for me because I hate the whole form things.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Since it isn't a new Mewtwo form there's a chance Mewtwo won't be in Pokemon XY.

It could be like with the Regis where you have to migrate them forward in order to get Regigigas. (So migrate Mewtwo from Pokemon Black/White in order to get this guy)

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
So, does everyone agree that this boosts the chances of the game having a genetics theme?

Not necessarily, Mew and Mewtwo are two of the most if not THE most popular legendaries, adding in a mewthree could just be fan service.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe it's a splice Mewtwo?
However if it's another Pokémon than what is this guy's role in the movie...there's no more ? for the movie character so it seems like Gf is trying to make almost everything about XY a mystery...which makes sense as X stands for unknown.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
do they normally refer to formes as wholly new pokémon

because
gRGrpEG.png

http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us

i smell the tears of nostalgia

this design is good if you ask me, and it makes sense and isn't utterly pointless. mewtwo itself was a gimmick and this is expanding on that gimmick. just because "muh childhood is ruined" doesn't mean the form is bad.

(sorry this isnt a personal attack just getting real sick of all these genwunners)

The way they're going on about it sure makes it feel like its a separate Pokemon from Mewtwo... So perhaps it is something entirely different, which is even cooler in my book. This guy looks much meaner, perhaps a new test tube Pokemon that went wrong. I can't wait to find out more about it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
do they normally refer to formes as wholly new pokémon

I do remember many arguments over whether the Kyurem formes were new Pokémon or just formes. And I believe some of the early official tweets about them referred to them as "new Pokémon," so there is still a chance this guy could be a new Pokémon OR a new forme. The international website is just being vague right now.

Years
Perhaps Mewtwo was itself cloned...and this came about. Or maybe a new group got their hands on the research papers from Kanto and decided to make their own superior Mew creating this guy.

Years
1365291968649.jpg

interesting theory. maybe this is a cloned attempt of mew done by team plasma? does that maybe mean team plasma are appearing in x & y? I think Colress has a lot of untapped potential, maybe he's involved? aaaaah get hyped

Years
I mentioned something similar in another thread. That idea wouldn't be all that shocking as fusing two of the powerhouse legends should lead to the Ultimate Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I do remember many arguments over whether the Kyurem formes were new Pokémon or just formes. And I believe some of the early official tweets about them referred to them as "new Pokémon," so there is still a chance this guy could be a new Pokémon OR a new forme. The international website is just being vague right now.

They refer to all forms as new Pokemon. But this time they make it sound as if the new Mew thing is related to, but not part of Mewtwo.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
How long did it take for them to reveal the names of the two mascot legendaries and Sylveon?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I want so much this to be a new Mewtwo form, because then it means they're dedicating special attention to the KING to bring it back to the top of the Pokémon food chain!

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
They refer to all forms as new Pokemon. But this time they make it sound as if the new Mew thing is related to, but not part of Mewtwo.

Maybe they'll distribute a new Mewtwo with the movie that will unlock this new Pokémon in the new games?

droomph

weeb
Years

Well consid'ring that Mew and Mewtwo are basically the same Pokémon except in different formes, I would say that this is the same - very related in origin but different Pokémon altogether.

Years
So far the Pokémon haven't disappointed unlike Unova with Trubish.

It seems Gf is going to keep us guessing on almost everything until the game...it makes me look forward to the games even more so I'm guessing that's what they're aiming for ^_^

Back