• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Fifth Gen Pokemon

lozzop

Monkey slut!
Years
Emboar because he's a Mexican wrestler and that's really awesome, and also oshawott because he's just so cute and squigdy

Years
I will go with Snivy
Because I like the grass type starter :)
But I do not like snivy to evolve... its final form is somehow.. I do not like it :)

JollyHaxorus

Dragon Type
Years
Haxorus. He's pretty strong (could use more speed lol) and I just love the design. I've used Haxorus every time I play through a Gen V or VI game.

I really like his shiny form.

Years
zoroark.gif

This little stinker. You can use his ability to trick opponents. Like, if you put a Timburr at the back of your party they could possibly use a Psychic type, then they'd be like, "wait wut" and they'd have a Psychic type out and you one-shot them.

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
Years
I didn't really get into the generation V Pokemon, but I would have to say Reshiram as of right now. Like a beautiful fire goddess or something.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
zoroark.gif

This little stinker. You can use his ability to trick opponents. Like, if you put a Timburr at the back of your party they could possibly use a Psychic type, then they'd be like, "wait wut" and they'd have a Psychic type out and you one-shot them.

Zoroark is amazing, haha. Its defenses are a little low, though, which sort of held it down in competitive battling. If it weren't for that, Zoroark would have been very popular, I'm sure. :]

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Do I have to pick just one? I have so many! Fifth gen was one of my favorites in term of design.

Some top picks I'd say are Serperior, Zoroark, and Reshiram.

Serperior has my design sense plastered all over it. It's totally something I'd create.

Meanwhile, Zoroark is a fox. With hair. Lots and lots of brilliant red hair. Red is my favorite color. I like canines. And it's hilarious to troll people with. You have no idea just how many people fall for it. It's won me a good number of battles.

Lastly, Reshiram. The first Gen 5 Pokemon I saw and it left quite the impression on me. Unlike Zekrom who I found to be kind of bland and disinteresting due to my more feminine and less mechanical taste in designs, Reshiram drew my attention immediately. Its brilliant white feathers of purity and fluff, that awesome jet engine turbine, those gorgeous flowing locks... it's a mixture of every creature that I love. A dragon canine bird thing. And? It works. It works so beautifully. Making it my favorite Legendary of all time.

Rayquaza2016

Hardcore Hydreigon Fan
Years
Hydreigon. Has an awesome cry.

I like dragon-types the most. This dragon type hates to evolve and becomes Hydreigon at level 64.

When it's a Hydreigon, it's gonna wreck.

It also has cool 3 heads and is a pseudo legendary.

Hands down favourite pokemon in gen5.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
My favorite is Mienshao! U-turn, Fake-out, High Jump Kick and Stone Edge, with Regenerator for ability, and a focus sash, Mienshao is one of my all time favorite.
I do like Serperior and Samurott, Chandelure, Unfezant (male) is one of my favorite bird, liligant and whimsicott, Leavanny, Accelgor and Escavalier and my sweet Sawsbuck! (Can listen to is cry all day!)

Last edited:
Years
I fell in love with Mienshao at first glance, and Mienfoo is absolutely adorable. I've caught one in every game where they are available to catch in the wild; easily a staple on all of my teams. The elegance and beauty of Mienshao's design is perfect, and its abilities in battle are not too shabby either. In B/W, she was the powerhouse of my team for the majority of the game! I consider the line my favorite of all Pokemon. :]

Back