• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

OU RMT

KanadeTenshi

Banned
Years
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
- Taunt

Standard lead Azelf, does it's job well and it's "lets set up SR and die" like Aero and can actually hurt things with Explosion.
Usual plan is just SR most of the time since people know it's going to taunt.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 160 HP/252 Atk/96 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Aqua Tail

Honestly? I forgot why I chose CB Tar over Scizor, it might have been the fact I want to hit things harder and Tar has good movepool, it also has good defenses with HP EVs and sandstorm boost this isn't going down too easy.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Explosion
- Thunderbolt

Magnezone is here to hurt steels badly. Like Scizor / Lucario so they won't hurt a Dragonite sweep later. Explosion is nice resort if I'm stuck or something.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Crunch

SD Lucario severly damages walls. It hits things hard and if they survive they will die to Dragonite.
I'm considering Focus Sash > Life Orb, and Ice Punch > Crunch, because I can destroy Gliscor, the best counter. I have spin support so SR won't break the sash, but I think it's a little off idea. It's working well and I don't think I should change, honestly.

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

DD Nite. I love this thing. Sorry for this but "Inferior mence my ***!". It really isn't inferior at all. Nite also has type synergy against fighters and bugs.
Since I have spin Yache Berry can work, since most ice attacks won't OHKO. Sounds gimmicky though.
I was thinking Gyarados > Dragonite so I have a way of checking Scizor, although Dragonite isn't OHKOd by CB bullet punch I think.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 136 HP/156 Def/216 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Standard spinner Starmie. Ice Beam > Recover so breloom won't come and laugh at me. Acts as pseudo status absorber, and gives me a fighting resist.

I assembled the team from looking mostly at Dragonite's page, but it seems to work.

One of the things I was considering but I don't know where to add is Gengar, since I can pursuit things with TTar so Blissey and friends aren't much of a problem, Gengar gives me fighting + ground immunity which is VERY nice, considering I have 3 mons weak to them.
Gengar also quad resist bug. Since I already have one pursuit weak (two with azelf but it won't be out for long) I'll be going for SubLO because I like offensiveness.

I don't think this team is so bad, but I'm not a good player. I play to win, though. I won't be going to any tournaments or something, wifi / shoddy is enough for me.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm considering Focus Sash > Life Orb, and Ice Punch > Crunch, because I can destroy Gliscor, the best counter. I have spin support so SR won't break the sash, but I think it's a little off idea.
You should never ever use Focus Sash on a non-lead Pokemon. Even if you have Rapid Spin support, you can't guarantee that you'll be able to get the opportunity to Spin or that the opponent won't have a Spin-blocker.

Adding a Gengar would definitely be a good idea actually, as Gengar + Tyranitar + Magnezone makes a very good offensive trio that can trap and remove Ghosts and Steel types from the opposing team, giving Lucario and Dragonite a better chance to sweep.

Gengar @Life Orb
6 HP / 252 Spe / 252 SpAtk
Timid nature

- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

You can add Gengar over Starmie. Rapid Spin isn't that essential to your team. You only have 1 Stealth Rock weakness, but Dragonite is used mostly as a late game sweeper so it doesn't really matter as much. Dragonite can even use Roost over Fire Punch to heal. Since you have Magnezone, you should be able to get rid of Skarmory, Forretress, and Scizor before you bring Dragonite into play.

Otherwise, it's a very solid team!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back