• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

As standard as it Gets?

shroud

It's almost time...
Years
Okay, so this is a team that is a HUGE Work in Progress, but I have IV bred most of them. I will not be using this team in competitive battling just yet (maybe a month or so) until I work out all or most of the kinks. I have not had much experience with full OU teams and I know this is really standard, but I still want some advice. All criticism will be accepted :)

For starters, Lead. I didn't put much thought into it, but I have seen it used as a suicide lead before and it gets the job done.
142.png

Then I thought, I want to have a a little fun and abuse entry hazards just a little bit, so I chose Skarmory for the job.
142.png
227.png

Next I though, I could use a special wall. Just in case. And what better special wall can there be but Blissey?
142.png
227.png
242.png

I also need a spin blocker so Skarmory doesn't go to waste, so I chose Gengar.
142.png
227.png
242.png
94.png

Now this isn't really a team without some power right? Sure, I can use Gengar as a special Attacker, but I feel a lot safer with a full on special attacking pokemon other than Gengar which is resistant to skarmory's fire weakness (given that it is still alive) so I chose Suicune.
142.png
227.png
242.png
94.png
245.png

Now for the Ace of this team. WIthout a Physical Attacker, My team can be kaput. I chose Lucario.
142.png
227.png
242.png
94.png
245.png
448.png

The Lead
142.png
@Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Jolly
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide/Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Earthquake

Standard Aerodactyl Lead. With a base speed of 130, it outspeeds most of the common leads in the OU Metagame. It can handle anti-leads such as Dragonite and Weavile well, given that it taunts first turn. Rock Slide can OHKO Drago, and EQ can most likely OHKO Scarf Jirachi. Metagross can be a slight problem, but it can be 2KO'd with EQ. I would also use Rock Slide over Stone edge for those pesky sub baton passers like smeargle. Its your basic suicide lead aerodactyl :)

Physical Wall/Hazard Abuser
227.png
@Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Impish
252 HP, 60 Attack, 196 Defense
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird/Drill Peck
- Roost

This Skarmory is a good tank and with Roost, it can take a flamethrower as well (Given that I use careful judgement) and again with roost, its ability as a tank can be well recognized. Spikes and Whirlwind are there to make the most use of the entry hazards. With this skarmory, I can switch in to physical attackers like Gyarados and Dragonite who would most likely use DD and I can just whirl them away next turn (given that I survive). I am not sure on Brave Bird or Drill Peck, as BB has more power but DP can be a bit more conservative with PP usage.

Special Wall(kinda)/Cleric
242.png
@Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Natural Cure
252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 Sp. Def
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder Wave/Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

Blissey Switches in on Special Attacking Pokemon like Zapdos, Heatran, etc. and can take a hit. It will most likely force a switch into a more physical pokemon where I can either T-Wave it to slow it down or Toxic it to whiter its HP down every turn. Then I can switch in to Skarm (if its still alive) or one of my attackers. It's main job is to heal the team up first, but If I am in a better position, I might just T-wave THEN heal or just heal then switch.

Spin Blocker/Special Attacker
94.png
@Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
252 Special Attack 252 Speed 6 HP
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond/Explosion
- Focus Blast/Energy Ball

Well this can be used to block Rapid Spinners such as Hitmontop and Starmie, and will also force a switch on both (given hitmontop does not have payback) STAB shadow Ball is good for pokemon with a 1x weakness to it and it can come in handy if Starmie decides not to switch out. Destiny Bond is there to ensure a KO if it outspeeds its opponent, but Explosion is a very good option as well. Focus Blast is there for steel types, but energy ball can be used for swamperts, rhyperiors, etc.

Special Sweeper
245.png
@Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold/Timid
252 SP. Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Defense
- Surf
- Hidden Power Electric/Hidden Power Ground
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam

Not too sure about the nature on here, because for sure I would want to get at least one Calm Mind in, but I fear that it will not survive an attack. If it forces a switch, even Better. I am leaning somewhat into having a timid nature though. Surf is there for STAB over Hydro Pump for accuracy reasons and Ice Beam is there for extra coverage. HP Electric can be used to get rid of bulky water types such as Vaporeon who can be stalled out. HP Ground is there for annoying electric types such as Magnezone, Jolteon, and Electivire. Again, I am not sure about which to choose.

Physical Sweeper
448.png
@Choice Band/Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Adamant
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Claw/Crunch
- Extremespeed

This Lucario is meant to take out whatever is left of the opponent's team with ease, especially due to Entry hazard damage. I think I should use crunch over Shadow Claw, I think it has more base power, but I am not entirely sure. With one CC, it can KO almost anything that doesn't resist it, especially with SR and Spikes damage.

Other Notes
1. I am thinking of switching in one of these pokes for a vaporeon which can put up good subs and baton pass them along with defensive boosts.
2. I am thinking of replacing Lucario with CB Scizor which has priority BP and can learn U-Turn which may as well be the safest way to switch for Suicune
3. There may be a problem with electric types on this team :(

Closing words
As you can see, this is a really standard team, but I am not entirely sure about a few things such as nature or HP types. I wish for this team to have a lot of coverage and the least openings as possible for opponents attacks. All criticism is MUCH appreciated and will be taken into consideration.

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

NOTE: Suicune should never use HP Ground because a neutral STAB Surf does more damage than a 2x supereffective Hidden Power.

You suffer from a major Mixed Infernape weakness. This can be solved by putting Vaporeon or Starmie over Suicune. Starmie would be better since it's able to sweep as well as Rapid Spin.

Starmie @Life Orb
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spd
Natural Cure
Timid Nature

-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin

Lucario should have Swords Dance especially if you are using it as a late-game sweeper. Use Close Combat, Extremespeed, Crunch, and Swords Dance. Crunch lets you handle Dusknoir, who is more common on WiFi due to the lack of Rotom forms.

Go with Thunder Wave on Blissey. Toxic is generally more suited for stall teams.

If you are worried about Electric types, use Gliscor or Swampert as your lead.

shroud

It's almost time...
Years

NOTE: Suicune should never use HP Ground because a neutral STAB Surf does more damage than a 2x supereffective Hidden Power.

You suffer from a major Mixed Infernape weakness. This can be solved by putting Vaporeon or Starmie over Suicune. Starmie would be better since it's able to sweep as well as Rapid Spin.

Starmie @Life Orb
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spd
Natural Cure
Timid Nature

-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin

Lucario should have Swords Dance especially if you are using it as a late-game sweeper. Use Close Combat, Extremespeed, Crunch, and Swords Dance. Crunch lets you handle Dusknoir, who is more common on WiFi due to the lack of Rotom forms.

Go with Thunder Wave on Blissey. Toxic is generally more suited for stall teams.

If you are worried about Electric types, use Gliscor or Swampert as your lead.

Thanks for the help :)
Much appreciated. :)

Back