• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
The incredibly abnormal Mono-Poison team! (Battle Tower)

Is there an acronym for that? IAMPT?

Anyway, this team showcases an abnormal Battle Tower Team which is Mono-Poison. No wildcards are used for this team. (I apologize if there's a forum for BT teams, I haven't posted here in so long :/ )

So, after my short intro, I can get on with the team itself:

Overview
094.gif
452.gif
sprite.php

094.gif

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
252 HP/200 Def/56 Sp. Def
Bold
- Trick
- Torment
- Hypnosis
- Confuse Ray

This looks very strange for a Gengar. Why would I use this set?

The answer is this: Gengar is the ONLY Poison type that learns Trick. And Trick is essential to this team, as you'll see later. Torment forces a Struggle out of the Trick-Scarfed Poke, but that's only if I see a dangerous foe. Otherwise, I'll use the combo of Hypnosis and Confuse Ray to incapacitate Gengar's victim. Also, Gengar draws in Dark, Ghost, and Psychic moves, which Drapion loves to abuse.

Then, onto the switch!

452.gif

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Battle Armor
252 HP/56 Def/196 Sp. Def/4 Spe
Careful
- Crunch
- Acupressure
- Substitute
- Rest

If you've ever seen this set before, you'd know why I'm using it. This is the set Jumpman16 used to obtain his world-record win streak of 2360+. Drapion is a beast with help from Gengar, allowing it to Acupressure up to get +6 in everything and then slaughtering with Crunch. It's a shame that Acupressure can't work behind a Sub, though. Rest for recovery.

sprite.php

Toxicroak @ Focus Sash
Anticipation
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly
- Swords Dance
- Cross Chop
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Another good candidate for a Gengar partner. With the Hypnosis/Confuse Ray/TrickScarf that Gengar provided, Toxicroak has no problem setting up Swords Dance and sweeping. The three moves above provide excellent coverage, and Sucker Punch is a nice priority move.

I'll begin testing of this team soon, and then I'll announce how big of a streak I got with this team later as well.

CC Away! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2011
triple battle team ideas?

i use darkrai/alakazam/lucario

darkrai
~ Nasty Plot
~ Dark Void
~ dream eater
~ Focus Blast / Substitute
lucario
~ Close Combat
~ ExtremeSpeed
~ Crunch
~ Counter / Swords Dance
alakazam
~ Taunt
~ Psychic
~ Focus Blast / Counter
~ Signal Beam

first use darkrai to put them all asleep
then own them with my sweepers
and finnaly use nasty plot and obliterate anything with dream eater
all of them have leftovers simply because i dont have time to decide on the ultimate item thuse makeing a very offensive team that has both sp atk and atk to take down opponents faster and harder then ever before

lets here some of yours

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Taunt Misdreavus, and just continue what you should set up, and so on or KO it. Destiny Bond could (not completely for sure) work if you use it on the last turn of Perish Song. Outrun them and put them to sleep is another option, some could have Lum Berry as an item however. Of course, you can outrun and KO it with weather going (to prevent the use of Focus Sash). You can also use Pokémon with the ability Soundproof, but only Electrode, Exploud, and Mr. Mime has the ability (same for 5th gen., but Bastiodon, Abomasnow, and Buffalon gets it through Dream World). Remember though, Block only hits one target.

Years
U-Turn or Baton Pass also allow you to get out once you've been set up upon. Alternatively, Snorlax can be taken out with a high-powered Physical attack (eg. CB Stab), which should cancel out the Block in time to switch.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Or you could just, y'know, attack? ._. I mean, Misdreavus isn't the fastest, nor the bulkiest Pokemon ever. + Snorlax probs won't live the 3 turns...

Years
Or you could just, y'know, attack? ._. I mean, Misdreavus isn't the fastest, nor the bulkiest Pokemon ever. + Snorlax probs won't live the 3 turns...
Mismagius has 105 Base speed, though. That's not slow. It also doesn't matter if it dies, the idea is to get rid of Snorlax so you can switch. You also need to be able to take Snorlax out in LESS than 3 turns, so you can switch.

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Hey, does anyone know any decent gen V spinblockers? Ive been using sub Gengar who deals with ttar and Scizor with pursuit, but really doesn't work that great defensively for stall...
Without rotom A I'm stuck :( please help.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Why not Rotom-A?

I'm pretty sure, although I can't confirm it, that there is a way to get their alternate formes (I remember reading it on Serebii, I just can't find the link now), especially as the formes have each had their typing changed....

Obviously if it's the type change that's the problem...I've been no help whatsoever :/

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
Yeah, the Rotom forms got a type change... :/

You actually have a couple options - Desukan and Burungeru in particular. Both are really good IMO. Desukan is extremely bulky and also has a great ability in Mummy. Meanwhile, Burungeru has great synergy with Nattorei and can be used for great utility. Dusclops can also be good with the Pre-Evo stone, although Dusknoir must not be forgotten. Of course, if you like Rotom that much, you could just use his regular form... But that's not a very good descision in this metagame tbh.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
This is an idea I'm having for an ADV team:

Heracross, Exeggutor, Arcanine, Gyarados, Tyranitar, Salamence

How's that?

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Why not Rotom-A?

I'm pretty sure, although I can't confirm it, that there is a way to get their alternate formes (I remember reading it on Serebii, I just can't find the link now), especially as the formes have each had their typing changed....

Obviously if it's the type change that's the problem...I've been no help whatsoever :/

Yea its the ghost type I need, sucks that they all changed, although rotom w is like a good Lanturn now so he's ok.

Thanks zaroas, ill try those. I don't like Burunkeru tbh, its really not that bulky or useful except for s blocking. I wonder if original rotom works with evo stone? That'd be pretty cool as a replacement for rotom A.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Yea its the ghost type I need, sucks that they all changed, although rotom w is like a good Lanturn now so he's ok.

Thanks zaroas, ill try those. I don't like Burunkeru tbh, its really not that bulky or useful except for s blocking. I wonder if original rotom works with evo stone? That'd be pretty cool as a replacement for rotom A.

Burunkeru is very useful. It poops all over Heatran and Infernape, that is very important for stall for obvious reasons.

Explain how 100/70/105 isnt particularly bulky. ?_? I mean i prefer Desukaan but seriously with Recover you are seriously underrating it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2011
I have a level 1 modest horsea with the sniper ability. It's I.V.'s are 31/25/31/31/31/31. I need a good move set to teach it be fore I start its training. and a good place to train it as well. either in soul silver or platinum. for the best eving I can do.

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Explain how 100/70/105 isnt particularly bulky. ?_? I mean i prefer Desukaan but seriously with Recover you are seriously underrating it.

I agree I could be underrating it, but it really doesn't like switching in on anything that I'd like it to:
Starmie lo timid t-bolt does 53-62.9% to 252/252def+ Burunkeru
Doryuuzu lo jolly eq does 49-57.9% to the same Burunkeru
And those are common rapid spinner who it needs to switch into.

It also can't switch into stuff like Roobushin who does 56.4-66.8% with payback, and it cant burn Roobushin for risk of guts.
Heatrans fire blast followed by hp grass (timid lo 252spA) does 92.6% min, assuming rocks and lefties cancel each other out.
Yea physical Infernape is walled by it, but np ape will ohko with grass knot every time at +2.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
is flinch considered a secondary effect that encourage can get its boost on?

Back