• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

OU RMT- Too offensive for it's own good

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
This team has potential, but I feel it's really rough around the edges. It's designed to be very Offensive and somewhat fast. I know I didn't make this very visually appealing, but bear with me. (Laziness ftw?)

Aerodactyl@ Focus Sash (Jolly, Pressure)
4 HP/252 Att/ 252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
-Taunt

Stealth Rock lead. I'm using it pretty much because it's the fastest Stealth Rock in OU if I'm not mistaken. This thing fails horribly against Fortress using Rapid Spin, so I think I'll need a counter of some sort. Yea I know Aero leads have gotten really underused recently, but it's alright due to it's fast SR imo. Stealth Rock is needed to support the sweepers.

Breloom@ Toxic Orb (Adamant, Poison Heal)
12 HP, 252 Att, 244 Spe
-Spore
-Focus Punch
-Seed Bomb
-Stone Edge

A standard Breloom, with the main Focus being Spore->Focus Punch. The other two moves are to counter Swampert and Flyers. For some reason this thing gets a ton of kills.

Heatran@ Choice Specs (Naive, Flash Fire)
252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 SpeD
-Earth Power
-Explosion
-Fire Blast
-Hidden Power Grass

Special Attacker. Not much to say. It kills stuff?

Flygon@ Choice Scarf (Adamant, Levitate.)
4 SpeD, 252 Att, 252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-UTurn
-Thunderpunch

Switched out Scizor because Scizor/Heatran too predictable. Tpunch counters Gyara.

Dragonite@ Choice Band (Jolly, Inner Focus)
252 Att, 4 Def, 252 Spe
-Extremespeed,
-Fire Punch,
-Outrage,
-Waterfall

Salamance, err Dragonite, is probably the weakest member of the team. He is almost always forced to switch out. Not to say he's bad, he just rarely makes an impact. If theres anything that needs to get out of this team, it would have to be Dragonite.

Blissey@ Leftovers (Bold, Natural Cure)
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spe
-Wish
-Protect
-Seismic Toss
-Thunder Wave

Way better then Milotic. Toxic isn't needed that much so I put in Thunder Wave to cripple the opponent.

Do your worst, S&M. Tell me how bad my team is. But I'd like suggestions on how to make it, err, not bad…

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Choice Specs Heatran isn't so hot (pun not intended). It doesn't have the Speed of the Scarf set and it gets too easily walled since every team has a Fire resist/Heatran counter. I'd go with the Substitute or Life Orb set:

Heatran @Leftovers/Life Orb
Timid/Naive
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spd

-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Substitute/HP Grass/HP Electric
-Taunt/Toxic/Explosion

You're right, Dragonite isn't doing much for this team. Since Lucario will give this team major problems, get a Lucario counter:

Rotom-w @ Choice Specs
Timid
252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 SpDef

- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hydro Pump
- Trick

It's surprisingly powerful and does better in today's Heatran-dominated metagame than the Heat form.

Blissey doesn't belong on this team. It's not offensive enough and will only slow it down. If you need a Wisher, use Vaporeon since it provides great synergy with Heatran and Breloom which lets you pass Wishes around much more easily.

Vaporeon @Leftovers
Bold Nature
188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Spd

-Surf
-Ice Beam/HP Electric
-Wish
-Protect

Hope that helps!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Use SuperPower on Dragonite >>Waterfall. It hits all the steels in one slot and you don't need to predict to nail them and soften them up putting them in Outrage range.

Use Gyarados though over it IMO. It has AMAZING Synergy with the Tran Aragornbird suggested and beats up Lucario well (a bulky taunt dd + Bounce set might be nice as when poisoned Vappy cant protect on you to stall out Bounces immense power against it). Bounce's paralysis rate also rofls at bad little scarfers used to check Gyara. Heatran also lures in waters and either poisons or booms/hp's them thus making Gyarados sweeps easier. Gyarados also checks Dragonite pretty well and appreciates the Wish support.

Also SuperPower >> Focus Punch on Breloom. Nothing quite like getting walled by Blissey once sleep clause has been activated lol. No really it shrugs of Seed Bombs and S-Toss to make Focus Punch fail and if Blissey does that god knows what else easily walls you.

Last edited:
Back