• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~*Clear as Crystal*~ A Steel Type Pokemon Fanclub

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
~*Clear as Crystal*~
A Steel Type Pokemon Fanclub
Welcome to the Steel Type Pokemon Fanclub!

nnuu6x.jpg

Rules!
~All Pokecommunity Rules Apply
~Please no spammers or trollers!
~Try not to be negative or dull this is a place for fun!
~Do your best to be active i know I will!
~Enjoy the club!

Username:
Reason you love steel types:
3 partner pokemon:
Answer any current topic:

Current Topic(s):

Best Overall Steel Type?

Past Topics:
What is your all time favorite steel type and why?Who is your favorite Steel type user?
What's your favorite generation for steel-types?
What Steel type do you use the most, either competitively or in-game?
If you had too choose one steel type to give a mega who would you choose?
What do you like the least about steel-types?
VOTE: What steel type in Gen 2 was your absolute favorite?(pick 1)
VOTE: What steel type in Gen 3 was your absolute favorite?(pick 1)
VOTE: What steel type in Gen 4 was your absolute favorite?(pick 1)
VOTE: What steel type in Gen 5 was your absolute favorite?(pick 1)
VOTE: What steel type in Gen 6 was your absolute favorite?(pick 1)

Steel Type Pokemon
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Steel Type Megas!

Spoiler:

Members!:

Dedenne1
448-mega.png
681.png
707.png

Wiicked
082.png
208.png
448.png

Kurobat
376.png
212.png
395.png

Aslan
395.png
082.png
589.png

Metal Man
485.png
376.png
303-mega.png

Archer99
082.png
530.png
227.png

Hikamaru
530.png
448.png
707.png

Dots
306.png
227.png
385.png

TwilightBlade
376.png
227.png
625.png

Zinnia
227.png
376.png
485.png

nxowv4.jpg

Photo Credit to pokemoncompetition and saintnaruto

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Username: Wiicked
Reason you love steel types: I like many of the designs and battle capabilities of them.
3 partner pokemon:
082.gif
208.gif
448.gif

What is your all time favorite steel type and why?

This is a tough one since I seem to change my mind on this, but it's either Magneton or Steelix. I like both of their designs and they are both pretty good battlers honestly.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Username: Kurobat
Reason you love steel types: They are one of the underloved types and I'm all for the underdog. Kidding. I got hooked with Metagross and Meteor Mash. So beastly.
3 partner pokemon:

376.gif
212.gif
395.gif

It's Metagross!!! When I saw it, it was so badass looking that I said to myself I gotta have that on my team.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Sorry posted something in the wrong place before! Got a signup ready now though. :D

Username: Aslan

Reason you love steel types: I've been using steel types every generation so far. At first, it was just there as a secondary typing on Empoleon, Magneton and so on. But over time, I came to appreciate the useful resistances and moves offered by the type, alongside their cool designs. And the best part? No one can diss the steel puns. After all, they're not tearable. ;]

3 partner pokemon: Empoleon, Magneton, Escavalier

As much as I'd like to say Empoleon, I'll go with Magneton. The former's probably got first starter bias all over it anyway. :(

Magnezone's not bad but I love its prevolution. The design's simplistic, looks good and matches the whole idea of magnets attracting things to one another. While I get the whole 'boo its three magnemite together', its still ton > zone any day.

Plus it's just as great in battle! Type coverage, stats and basically everything needed for an easy sweep in-game can be found in Magneton. It was my MVP for B2, FR and a heap of other playthroughs too. Overall, Magneton's a great steel type and I'm definitely planning on picking one up in AS. :)

Dedenne1

Years
Sorry posted something in the wrong place before! Got a signup ready now though. :D

Username: Aslan

Reason you love steel types: I've been using steel types every generation so far. At first, it was just there as a secondary typing on Empoleon, Magneton and so on. But over time, I came to appreciate the useful resistances and moves offered by the type, alongside their cool designs. And the best part? No one can diss the steel puns. After all, they're not tearable. ;]

3 partner pokemon: Empoleon, Magneton, Escavalier

As much as I'd like to say Empoleon, I'll go with Magneton. The former's probably got first starter bias all over it anyway. :(

Magnezone's not bad but I love its prevolution. The design's simplistic, looks good and matches the whole idea of magnets attracting things to one another. While I get the whole 'boo its three magnemite together', its still ton > zone any day.

Plus it's just as great in battle! Type coverage, stats and basically everything needed for an easy sweep in-game can be found in Magneton. It was my MVP for B2, FR and a heap of other playthroughs too. Overall, Magneton's a great steel type and I'm definitely planning on picking one up in AS. :)
Haha i love magneton its a really good pokemon for competitive! Empoleon is actually pretty great due to the unique typing he only has 3 weaknesses plus he has a good moveset and pretty high defense. I do think he should be able to learn more steel type moves though.

Username: Kurobat
Reason you love steel types: They are one of the underloved types and I'm all for the underdog. Kidding. I got hooked with Metagross and Meteor Mash. So beastly.
3 partner pokemon:

376.gif
212.gif
395.gif

It's Metagross!!! When I saw it, it was so badass looking that I said to myself I gotta have that on my team.
Lol metagross used to give me heck when i fought steven hes a really powerful pokemon what do u think of his mega?e

Username: Wiicked
Reason you love steel types: I like many of the designs and battle capabilities of them.
3 partner pokemon:
082.gif
208.gif
448.gif

This is a tough one since I seem to change my mind on this, but it's either Magneton or Steelix. I like both of their designs and they are both pretty good battlers honestly.

Steelix is also great powerful attack and studders ng defense! No matter what i do i really cant get a one hit KO on him even with SpAtk moves thats how high his defense is i guess thats why hes on the competitive seen as well.

Anyways welcome kurobat, Wiicked, and Aslan, hope u enjoy the club!

jombii

Years
Well, M-Metagross was meh in appearance. But, competitively, Tough Claws did it wonders.

There are better fanarts around for M-Metagross.

Sloan Kettering

Robot Master
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Aug 17, 2018
Metal Man

Is there a reason no to love the steel-type? Their harder than stone defenses, bone-crushing attacks, numerous resistances and immunities. You've gotta feel the steel and embrace heavy metal pokemon. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39060235/electric eye.swf

3 Partner Pokemon:

Heatran, Metagross and Mega-Mawile

Favorite Steel-type:

Damn...this is a hard choice. I've always loved Metagross, Registeel and Aggron in design and application, but Heatran just offers so much coverage and has been an integral part of so many of my teams.

Dedenne1

Years
Well, M-Metagross was meh in appearance. But, competitively, Tough Claws did it wonders.

There are better fanarts around for M-Metagross.
Thats actually true ive seen better it is quite a powerful pokemon though

Metal Man

Is there a reason no to love the steel-type? Their harder than stone defenses, bone-crushing attacks, numerous resistances and immunities. You've gotta feel the steel and embrace heavy metal pokemon. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39060235/electric eye.swf

3 Partner Pokemon:

Heatran, Metagross and Mega-Mawile

Favorite Steel-type:

Damn...this is a hard choice. I've always loved Metagross, Registeel and Aggron in design and application, but Heatran just offers so much coverage and has been an integral part of so many of my teams.
Haha welcome yes someone finally chose a mega lol. Plus Heatran has that great typing and a pretty great moveset iron head everything in its way haha.

jombii

Years
Heatran is actually a really well-rounded Pokemon. I used to be afraid of that guy.

Dedenne1

Years
Username: Archer99
Reason you love steel types: They're at the moment, The best multi-role type. They can stall and wreck teams at the same time. Also, They look great, I always have at least one Steel type on my runs.

3 partner pokemon:
082.gif
530.gif
227.gif

Favorite Steel-type: I love Magneton, It was my 1st steel type. And my first lvl 100 Pokemon, I just loved it on Sapphire and it always haves a place on my teams!. Magnezone is good, I use it a lot on competitive but Magneton is the first Steel type for me.

Also, I love Skarmory!. It's just so great!!, Steel / Flying is a great combination, And I want to see it again.

Ok well firstly welcome Archee haha Skarmory is a cool pokemon i was actually hoping it would get a mega but sadly that was not the case :p. but oh well as said magneton is great i actually do have one from an old kanto adventure i guess i like him because hes part electric :). Escadrill very nice powerful moves great ability pretty bulky and good attacker i really love him a little better than steelix :p

Alright so since i did forget to post a new topic i have 2 topics atm so feel free to answer either or both haha!

Who is your favorite Steel type user?
What's your favorite generation for steel types?

Years
Username: Hikamaru
Reason you love Steel-types: They're the true definition of a tank, able to take hits with their many resistances but also hit hard as well, and are often given interesting secondary types making for loads of diversity.
3 partner Pokemon:
530.gif
448.gif
707.gif

Who is your favorite Steel-type user?
I would have answered Steven but he has Rock-types mixed in as well, so I guess I'll pick Wikstrom from the Kalos Elite Four. His design is based on a traditional knight, which ties in well with his ace Pokemon Aegislash. His team is also extremely diverse meaning one cannot easily sweep him with a certain type.

What's your favorite generation for Steel-types?
5th Generation I have to say. This generation gave us some very powerful Steel-types such as Bisharp, Excadrill, Cobalion and the annoying menace Ferrothorn. They also tended to have interesting type combinations and a lot of power backing them up.

Miah

╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭
Years
Username: Dots
Reason you ♥ Steel-Types: They're like rock-types but aren't strong against itself. I like Steel-types because they aren't like any type. They have high defense. I started realizing Steel-types are not that bad. Gyro Ball and Meteor Mash are awesome moves. Steel-types are awesome!
3 Partner Pokémon:
306.gif
227.gif
385.gif

Answer to topic: What's your favorite generation for steel-types?: I happen to like Gen. 2 because that's when Steel-types were discovered and where it existed first.

Dedenne1

Years
Username: Hikamaru
Reason you love Steel-types: They're the true definition of a tank, able to take hits with their many resistances but also hit hard as well, and are often given interesting secondary types making for loads of diversity.
3 partner Pokemon:
530.gif
448.gif
707.gif

Who is your favorite Steel-type user?
I would have answered Steven but he has Rock-types mixed in as well, so I guess I'll pick Wikstrom from the Kalos Elite Four. His design is based on a traditional knight, which ties in well with his ace Pokemon Aegislash. His team is also extremely diverse meaning one cannot easily sweep him with a certain type.

What's your favorite generation for Steel-types?
5th Generation I have to say. This generation gave us some very powerful Steel-types such as Bisharp, Excadrill, Cobalion and the annoying menace Ferrothorn. They also tended to have interesting type combinations and a lot of power backing them up.
Welcome to the club Hikamaru! Yeah Gen 5 had some awesome additions bisharp was great excadrill as said was like a fast more powerful steelix. (Still looking for a mega there ) and Cobalion is just awesome! Lol u can say steven his primary use is steel types above all and i love him and his metagross!

Username: Dots
Reason you ♥ Steel-Types: They're like rock-types but aren't strong against itself. I like Steel-types because they aren't like any type. They have high defense. I started realizing Steel-types are not that bad. Gyro Ball and Meteor Mash are awesome moves. Steel-types are awesome!
3 Partner Pokémon:
306.gif
227.gif
385.gif

Answer to topic: What's your favorite generation for steel-types?: I happen to like Gen. 2 because that's when Steel-types were discovered and where it existed first.
H ha welcome dots! Yeah theyre quite poweful and have high defense theyre like a wall u cant get through without taking a beating! Lol i love. Jirachi Doom Desire thats such a powrful move! Oh wow skarmorys great too i really want a mega for him and aggron is so powerful with his mega and awesome looking as always! I really love how they introduced it in gen 2. Along with dark types it makes them seem so special!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years

Gotta say Gen II with Steelix, Skarmory and Scizor. They are all some of my favorite Steel-types.

Sloan Kettering

Robot Master
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Aug 17, 2018
Favorite generation has to be gen 3; it just seems to be the steel-type generation. Metagross, Aggron, Registeel, Jirachi, Steven and so on.

My favorite trainer is definitely Jasmine; she's just so damn adorable.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Username: Lilith
Reason you love steel types: I love their sleek metallic design and I value their great offense & bulk. Some of my favorites are Metagross, Scizor, Skarmory, Aggron, Mawile, and Bisharp. I've used them in my in-game teams and they were definitely my VIPs. It seems that I used a steel type in every region except in Kanto, Sinnoh, and Kalos. I ought to change that when I play Sinnoh again.
3 partner pokemon: Metagross, Skamory, Bisharp

Generation 3 introduced my favorites such as Metagross and Aggron. However, Gen 3 also had creative approaches to Steel types, especially in the forms of Mawile and Jirachi. I can't get enough of how cool Mawile is in that it looks cute and basically wears a skirt, but it has this huge steel jaw. :D

Dedenne1

Years
Who is your favorite Steel type user?
Jasmine, She was the 1st Steel leader. And, She's a really nice person. I really like her team

What's your favorite generation for steel types?

The 5th and 6th gen. The 5th one because decent Steel attackers appeared, And the 6th one because those steel attackers can shine. As I said, Steel type can sweep you or stall you.
So true haha although mine is steven i still love jasmine since she was the. 1st.
Klefki all the way lol! Ik u gotta love 5th gen!

Gotta say Gen II with Steelix, Skarmory and Scizor. They are all some of my favorite Steel-types.

Another gens II haha i must say gen 2 and 5. Are shining here!

Favorite generation has to be gen 3; it just seems to be the steel-type generation. Metagross, Aggron, Registeel, Jirachi, Steven and so on.

My favorite trainer is definitely Jasmine; she's just so damn adorable.
Lol nother jasmine fan and so true!

Username: Lilith
Reason you love steel types: I love their sleek metallic design and I value their great offense & bulk. Some of my favorites are Metagross, Scizor, Skarmory, Aggron, Mawile, and Bisharp. I've used them in my in-game teams and they were definitely my VIPs. It seems that I used a steel type in every region except in Kanto, Sinnoh, and Kalos. I ought to change that when I play Sinnoh again.
3 partner pokemon: Metagross, Skamory, Bisharp

Generation 3 introduced my favorites such as Metagross and Aggron. However, Gen 3 also had creative approaches to Steel types, especially in the forms of Mawile and Jirachi. I can't get enough of how cool Mawile is in that it looks cute and basically wears a skirt, but it has this huge steel jaw. :D
Haha i love Mawile its quite the amazing pokemon plus its super scary :p
Do u like its mega? I love its mega!

Dedenne1

Years
Alright i dont like double posting but i do have a new topic and i will leave the other 2 up just in case u chose 1 over the other and would like to answer the other one as well. So here's the new topic its a fav of mine and ill answer right away! :D

For me it is aegislash competitively because i love him and he crushes everyone lol that is why hes an uber and with iron head hes quite amazing! E really does crush everyone though haha and is definately one of the most powrful steel types out there. In game i would have to say...... Aggron only because he was my first and always will be plus i wanted to use him in Oras other than that id say Klefki because hes a cute little key ring boss! Plus it combines steel and fairy and awesome combo!

So please feel free to discuss it seems we need to liven it up in here! :D

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Oops forgot to answer the previous two, haha. Will get right to it!

What's your favourite steel type user?

I'd say Jasmine. The other two weren't super in-depth characters so I can't say I liked them a whole bunch. On the other hand, you find her helping out sick pokemon at the lighthouse, her team consisting of two of my favourite steel types and a character with a kind-hearted personality. Overall, she's someone I've grown to love as the series went on. And it definitely helps that she kickstarted the reign of steel users so props to her.

Second, third or fifth. Second since it had Steelix, Skarmory and the fan favourite of Scizor while also introducing the type in the first place. I liked third gen for their approach to creating even tougher and more intimidating steel types while fifth created the offensive forces of Escavalier and Durant. But if I had to pick - I'd say fifth! Designs were creative and they never failed to beat the heck out of anything. :]

I've heard people say Aegislash is a good force competitively and in-game. Is he really that strong? I think it's cool that he can switch stances though, it makes him feel rather unique and powerful in that sense. Yeah Aggron was actually pretty insane, haha. I think the two four x effective weaknesses really hurt him though. :(

In-game, I use Magneton the most. I like how its electric/steel and has offense and defense mixed together. It hits like a truck, looks great and performs well all the time. Definitely my go to choice when I'm looking for an electric type I'm already familiar with. But I'd actually like to replay fifth gen and try the bug/steels sometime! Would be a fun playthrough. :D

Back