• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Goodra

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
With the next online event happening in a few weeks. I have all the pieces I want to use but one. Goodra. I am not sure wither or not to use Gooey or Sap Sipper. I can see the purpose for both abilities, but with Breloom being available for the next event it makes me worried it will spam with Spore. However the moveset Im likely using wont benefit or may not justify Sap Sipper.

I have linked of all the pokes that are not allowed in the next competition. In addition to the normal bans

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/7585b699-4c6f-4d5a-b3d7-12d31475099c

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
With the next online event happening in a few weeks. I have all the pieces I want to use but one. Goodra. I am not sure wither or not to use Gooey or Sap Sipper. I can see the purpose for both abilities, but with Breloom being available for the next event it makes me worried it will spam with Spore. However the moveset Im likely using wont benefit or may not justify Sap Sipper.

I have linked of all the pokes that are not allowed in the next competition. In addition to the normal bans

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/7585b699-4c6f-4d5a-b3d7-12d31475099c

Sap Sipper is generally more effective, as an immunity to Leech Seed and Spore is very much appreciated. Also what moveset are you using?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Sap Sipper is generally more effective, as an immunity to Leech Seed and Spore is very much appreciated. Also what moveset are you using?

Most likely this set suggested by Smogon With my edits. I dont like the inaccurate nuking option. I'll likely reinvest the Evs elsewhere. Maybe Speed into Def and hp to make it slightly bulkier

Goodra @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 72 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
- Protect

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Most likely this set suggested by Smogon With my edits. I dont like the inaccurate nuking option. I'll likely reinvest the Evs elsewhere. Maybe Speed into Def and hp to make it slightly bulkier

Goodra @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
- Protect
Don't bother with investing in Goodra's Speed. Goodra is better off going bulky, as 80 Speed isn't that fast. 16 Speed is enough to at least let Goodra outspeed max Speed Adamant Azumarill. Life Orb eats away at Goodra's bulk, which it sorely needs to tank hits. Assault Vest is the best item for Goodra to use, even if it means losing out on Protect. If you still want to use Protect for some reason, an alternate item is Sitrus Berry, Yache Berry, or Roseli Berry.

Other Dragon Pokemon like Salamence, Hydreigon, and Garchomp do full-on offensive roles better, as they have better offensive presence. Ice Beam is redundant with Goodra's Dragon STAB, so it's worthless:
-Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
-Fire Blast
-Sludge Bomb/Thunderbolt
-Muddy Water/Protect
Nature: Modest
EVs: 240 HP/252 SAtk/16 Spe
Item: Assault Vest/Sitrus Berry/Roseli Berry/Yache Berry

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Don't bother with investing in Goodra's Speed. Goodra is better off going bulky, as 80 Speed isn't that fast. 16 Speed is enough to at least let Goodra outspeed max Speed Adamant Azumarill. Life Orb eats away at Goodra's bulk, which it sorely needs to tank hits. Assault Vest is the best item for Goodra to use, even if it means losing out on Protect. If you still want to use Protect for some reason, an alternate item is Sitrus Berry, Yache Berry, or Roseli Berry.

Other Dragon Pokemon like Salamence, Hydreigon, and Garchomp do full-on offensive roles better, as they have better offensive presence. Ice Beam is redundant with Goodra's Dragon STAB, so it's worthless:
-Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
-Fire Blast
-Sludge Bomb/Thunderbolt
-Muddy Water/Protect
Nature: Modest
EVs: 240 HP/252 SAtk/16 Spe
Item: Assault Vest/Sitrus Berry/Roseli Berry/Yache Berry

I asked about this one because next months online competition all the top VGC mons used are banned and needed an alternative

Back